Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Group Albany, NY
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
stopher87
If there are any groups in Albany, New York or anyone looking to start one email me at cbelsole@gmail.com.
Mr. Mage
Was just about to offer my group as a possibility, but I looked on google maps and New Paltz is about an hour and a half away from Albany. If you're willing to make the commute then more power to ya, but that's probably farther than you'd want to go for a game.
stopher87
QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Jul 26 2010, 03:13 PM) *
Was just about to offer my group as a possibility, but I looked on google maps and New Paltz is about an hour and a half away from Albany. If you're willing to make the commute then more power to ya, but that's probably farther than you'd want to go for a game.

Thanks for the offer, but you are right, an hour and a half is to far to go for a game. If you start one closer give me a ring.
Mr. Mage
QUOTE (stopher87 @ Aug 12 2010, 08:19 AM) *
Thanks for the offer, but you are right, an hour and a half is to far to go for a game. If you start one closer give me a ring.

Will do...
Von
i live in Troy, grad student at RPI. don't have a car now but once i get one i'd be down for a game. not experienced but i've read through the books.
stopher87
QUOTE (Von @ Oct 7 2010, 03:15 PM) *
i live in Troy, grad student at RPI. don't have a car now but once i get one i'd be down for a game. not experienced but i've read through the books.

Very cool, when I made this post originally I had a few people interested. When you are ready hit me up and we can see about forming a group.
Wailer
I know a couple people in the Troy area that've been playing shadowrun for years. They're new to 4th, but probably down for a group. I'm also in the area during holidays and usually run a game or two.

- Wailer
stopher87
E-mail me if you want to get a game started. cbelsole@gmail.com
Von
Has this gotten started at all? Are there players in Troy? Whereabouts in Troy? I'm closer to RPI, but can easily get to downtown. I feel like Flavour Cafe or Aquilonia Comics would be good places to play.
stopher87
Nothing has started yet, but shoot me an e-mail and I'll add you to the list.
Von
dumpshock forums won't let me send a message to you for some reason, but add me to the list!
stopher87
QUOTE (stopher87 @ Nov 6 2010, 10:28 PM) *
E-mail me if you want to get a game started. cbelsole@gmail.com

You can e-mail me here.
Von
emailed
Von
Anybody maybe interested in running a one shot over January? Or are there gaming stores in the area that do this?
stopher87
QUOTE (Von @ Dec 21 2010, 02:15 AM) *
Anybody maybe interested in running a one shot over January? Or are there gaming stores in the area that do this?

There are gaming stores in the area, but none of them run shadowrun games. I would be intrested in doing it. We just need a DM.
Von
What are the popular stores in the area? Could we just run a game there?
stopher87
Zombie planet would be the best "in area" store to play at, but I don't know what times they have free. We can always use my place if we need somewhere to meet.
Von
Is your place near a stop on the CDTA buses? Or Zombie planet for that matter?
stopher87
QUOTE (Von @ Dec 27 2010, 05:01 PM) *
Is your place near a stop on the CDTA buses? Or Zombie planet for that matter?

Both, the 10 runs right by my house and the 1 will take you to zombie planet.
Von
Awesome! Email responded to.
Von
Well, drek in a hat.

The school year is over and now that my research has died down, and I bought a car, looks like I'll have time and resources to efficiently play shadowrun!

I am totally down for playing a one shot or a few over the summer if anybody else is down to play. I'll be living in Troy and can host at my apartment downtown (near Washington Park, close to Foam Brain Games, not a bad neighborhood!)

I also can probably get a game going at Foam Brain if people are interested. It seems like everybody only wants to play that game with the dragons...kind of leaves me yawning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012