Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SRM 03-12 Elevator Ride to Hell Affiliation Rewards
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Bull
Ok, since these were omitted from the Origins adventure... Here are the Affiliate Rewards for the final Season 3 adventure. This was a high end run, so, high end rewards.

Sinthlax ran both games of 03-12 at Origins, so be sure and talk with him if you played, to make sure that you earned the proper reward.

CORPORATE REWARDS

Affiliates who received a secondary objective and completed it are given the following reward for their service, according to the corporation or organization to which they are affiliated.

Ares: Any single weapon up with a max Availability of 20, worth up to 20,000¥
Aztechnology: Any vehicle worth up to 60,000¥ (It doesn’t come with any weapons)
Horizon: Legal Horizon Corporate SIN, TR*2000¥, and +1 Public Awareness (Horizon will publically tout the runner as a “Hero who saved Manhattan”. Runner may turn the reward down, in which case Horizon will give them TR*1000¥ and they gain +1 Street Cred).
NeoNET: A custom built Commlink with programs (Common use and hacking only) worth up to 40,000¥
NYPD Inc.: Legal Bounty Hunter and Weapons License, plus TR*250¥ per captured Neo-A, and/or TR*1000¥ for Sid himself.
Renraku: Fake Rating 6 SIN with up to 3 Rating 6 Fake Licenses attached to it.
Saeder-Krupp: Up to 60,000¥ worth of cyberware and a one time access to a Beta Clinic to have it installed, or any single magical Focus worth up to 50,000¥.
Shiawase: Any gear with a max Availability of 16 that is not forbidden, with a total value of up to 20,000¥
Spinrad: Up to 60,0000¥ worth of Bioware.
Neo-Anarchists: Any single weapon up to a max Availability of 20 worth up to 10,000¥, 250 rounds of APDS ammo for that weapon, and TR*1000¥.
sgtbarnes_ky
HOLY COW!!! Now that's some nice swag, thanks for the update Bull, do we just get our missions sheets signed at GenCon then or how's that gonna work? HOLY COW!!!
Bull
QUOTE (sgtbarnes_ky @ Jul 14 2010, 07:42 PM) *
HOLY COW!!! Now that's some nice swag, thanks for the update Bull, do we just get our missions sheets signed at GenCon then or how's that gonna work? HOLY COW!!!

Yeah, if you're gonna be at Gen Con, talk to us there smile.gif
KarmaInferno
I'm fairly certain the SpinRad award has an extra zero in it.

smile.gif

Also, the SK award, is that 60,000¥ value BEFORE the Beta multiplier, or after?

These affiliation rewards don't make any sense. For starts there is no way to implement some of them mechanically, some of them don't make any sense within the context of the setting and a few are just far and away over whatever was offered previous as to render them silly. I mean I realize it's the finale but there will be a signifigant portion of these people back in the next campaign. I never thought I'd be the one arguing for less toys but there is going to be a serious jump here and we already seem to have more then a few wake up naked and toyless mods.

On the other hand now I don't feel nearly so bad for the things I'm offering on my mission, take it as you will.
Bull
The thing is, if you go back and look at some of the missions, there is already some crazy ass shit ion them. The problem is, there's usually only one or two crazy ass things here and there, stuck in the middle of a whole bunch of useless.

THis spoils 03-12 a little bit, but...

[ Spoiler ]

ANyways, which ones don't you think can be implemented, and which don't make sense within context?
Bull
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 14 2010, 11:55 PM) *
I'm fairly certain the SpinRad award has an extra zero in it.

smile.gif

It does indeed. The comma is in the correct place. smile.gif I tried to keep the relative value of the items on par with each other.

Also, the SK award, is that 60,000¥ value BEFORE the Beta multiplier, or after?

After. Before would just be kinda sick smile.gif

Bull
LurkerOutThere
Bull I don't think your spoiler tag worked quite right, but actually i've read the mission. I'll PM you my comments as their likely not for public consumption.
sgtbarnes_ky
I agree with Bull, that the rewards are pretty much even with what has been offered from past Season 3 Missions, it's just this time instead of one or 2 Jawesome things, every corp is paying out. For example from three of the past Season 3 Missions I've received an Ares Vigirous Assault Cannon with AV ammo, a dune buggie with luxury ammenities, and a Death Certificate which helped remove a negative quality that would have cost me 20 karma to remove. As this is the big going outta business Mission for NYC hey why not go a little over the top. Again Bull is right if you've played in all of the Season 3 Missions and Scrambles your gonna hit that magical karma number to be a Prime Runner, so why not go out in style and have someting nice. As always thanks to a fellow Runner out team successfully convenced the right people that we had only done as they asked, but secretly double crossed them and sold out to the multitude of Corps in NYC...yeah Shadowrunners can't be trusted either....go figure. Besides 'bout time some of these Corps started paying out...smile.gif Gotta love that Greed sometimes....what a greedy backstabbin' shadowrunner...there's no such thing, like AIs and Unicorns wink.gif
LurkerOutThere
13 Missions x 6 Karma = 78 Karma
3 Scrambles x 6 Karma = 18 Karma

That means even if you've played every mission and every scramble your not mandatory retirement and have the potential to be back for season 4 assuming a 100 exp cap.

sgtbarnes_ky
The Mission Packs count toward season 3, so thats 8x6=48, plus the scrambles are worth 12 karma apeice so thats 3x12=36 so characters have the potential for 162 points of karma if they recieved max karma at all Missions, my character has well over 100 karma and have not played in the last scramble or last 4 Missions this season.
LurkerOutThere
That explains why my Karma count is higher then I thought it should be.
sgtbarnes_ky
yeah it can get away from ya if your not watchin' I ended up earnin' 30 points of karma at Origins this year alone so by the time Gencon is through my character should have a little over 150 karma and that's just from playin' in the season 3 missions, some of us how have had their characters from before Denver are well over 200, it can get ridiculous. Hey, what's matter though its all about fun at a Con anyway, your on vacation so enjoy yourself
KarmaInferno
It just means an opportunity to start a new character, try out a different play style.

smile.gif

rolling up a cyberpixie
sgtbarnes_ky
That's Jawsome, a cyberpixie, very nice, and your right all it means is a chance to make a new character, I'm trying to figure out what is the direct opposite of a big ole'Texan that likes to but the hurting on things, i was thinking Elf mage or adept. Not sure yet though next season is a ways off so we have plenty of time to reflect on what we wanna play for Season 4, Back to Seattle, cant wait to see what everyone brings to the table next, always a good time
KarmaInferno
Bah! It appears that I cannot actually make a cyberpixie in SRM.

Pixies need Deltaware implants, which are not allowed at character creation.

There's an optional rule allowing lower grades, but optional rules aren't allowed in SRM.

frown.gif

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 18 2010, 12:28 AM) *
Bah! It appears that I cannot actually make a cyberpixie in SRM.

Pixies need Deltaware implants, which are not allowed at character creation.

There's an optional rule allowing lower grades, but optional rules aren't allowed in SRM.

frown.gif

Roll a pixie technomancer!
KarmaInferno
Huh. I wonder if it's possible to view the Resonance and the Astral at the same time.

Would the pixie's head explode?

Do you have a list handy of what the actual tasks were?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012