Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crafting in Missions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
VillainsVision
There is a player at my missions table who wants to craft his own cyberware, and that is a big part of his character, how does this work, as far as getting raw materials, and creating items, i can find some references to time it takes to do so , however i cannot find cost for raw materials and if he can even get them

thanks
LurkerOutThere
Crafting cyberware? I don't recall rules specifically for it from a time standpoint. For other build taks the cost is half the book value. The rules will be in arsenal if their anywhere.

Addendum: If you do find a time interval for it remember if it takes longer then can be accomplished in the week span for the mission (including running the mission) the character is going to need to use the buying dice method. Sadly this kills many of the big build repair and software coding projects dead.
Bull
Generally speaking, crafting is really outside the scope of Missions.

For RP purposes, you can say he builds his own gear, but I'd still apply full purchase price to them.

The cost of an item is as much a factor to getting it as anything else, so I'm always leery of players who want to sidestep this. Same reason I detest the "Pirating software" crap.

Bull
DireRadiant
Don't forget that if it takes two months to build they pay two months lifestyle.
Wasabi
By RAW upgrading a device costs half of the cost:

"...the cost for parts is half the purchase price of the upgrade and following the rules for Using Technical Skills to Build or Repair, p. 138."
(SR4A, pg227)

Its a new stealth change added to SR4A.

Since there is already the damnable 4:1 hits rule in downtime as well as cost of tools and cost of lifestyle please just let the players really wanting to do it show the GM their calcs and do it by RAW. Some players really like being tinkerers even if all they can do is upgrade the rating of an item in the book or make a book-purchasable module.
Yerameyahu
That's the rule some people use to generalize to all Build/Repair, but technically it only applies to that specific case (Response and Signal for commlinks, implied to be all 'Matrix devices'). Arsenal has other guidelines for Chemistry, IIRC (although it specifically warns 'this is broken, don't let the PCs ruin everything'). smile.gif
DWC
On a vaguely related note, does Missions have an official stance on PCs coding their own programs (Optimized of course) with a rating higher than 6?
Bull
Yes, they're not legal, since there are no current rules for buying or creating any programs at that rating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012