Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What should I do with a Missions reward
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chance359
So after fulling an affiliation's request, I got a "Full custom cyberarm with STR and AGI at
maximum for the affiliate’s metatype" which for my ork means an arm with Str: 12, Agi: 9, with a capacity of 15 thats worth about 37.5 as it stands, which breaks down to 3.75K.

If I keep it what should my hacker put into it.
DireRadiant
Make sure it comes out of your chest or back as a third arm, add drink dispensing nozzles and coin slots.
Wasabi
Cyberarm Gyromount and a Bottle Opener. Then you can easily open beer bottles at a full run - every time.
Nifft
You're not an Awakened hacker, right?

Keep the arm.
D2F
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Jul 16 2010, 09:57 PM) *
So after fulling an affiliation's request, I got a "Full custom cyberarm with STR and AGI at
maximum for the affiliate’s metatype" which for my ork means an arm with Str: 12, Agi: 9, with a capacity of 15 thats worth about 37.5 as it stands, which breaks down to 3.75K.

Did it say "maximum" or "augmented maximum"? The reason I ask is because customized cyberlimbs go only up to the natural maximum, not the augmented maximum. To get to the augmented max, you'd need to add Str and Agi enhancements for a total of 7 Capacity and a requirement for a Cybertorso to even use the STR 12 arm.
DWC
Keep the arm. Fill it with R6 commlinks. Cluster them. Never worry about Response degradation again.
LurkerOutThere
Strap some armor on it, alternatively if you've got the cash install a nanohive.
Fauxknight
QUOTE (D2F @ Jul 17 2010, 08:30 AM) *
Did it say "maximum" or "augmented maximum"? The reason I sak is that Customized cyberlimbs go only up to the natural maximum, not the augmented maximum. To get to the augmented max, you'd need to add Str and Agi enhancements for a total of 7 Capacity and a requirement for a Cybertorso to even use the STR 12 arm.

I agree. It says metatype maximums and implies in the name that they come from customization, not augmented maximums which are an entirely different thing and can not be acheived with customization.
Belvidere
I say keep it. Pick up some skillwires if you don't already have them. Only a rating 2 is necessary. Then deck it out with the modular gear. Then pick up some unarmed and grapple gun activesofts so you can use the Big Daddy drill arm and the CLAMPS. Then of course you have the grapple modular plug in, and the awesomeness that is the drone hand. IT become a utili-arm
Daylen
wow that seems to be alot of people who think it better for the dude to hack off his arm and replace it with a blender...

I'd suggest keeping it as a spare. Best way I've found to keep things from being lost or destroyed is to have a spare.
Ryu
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Jul 16 2010, 11:57 PM) *

A bunch of spy drones. Be a hangar. Armor.
Udoshi
Important question.

Synthetic or Obvious limb?
One has a lot of capacity, the other does not.
Megu
QUOTE (Daylen @ Jul 17 2010, 02:49 PM) *
wow that seems to be alot of people who think it better for the dude to hack off his arm and replace it with a blender...

I'd suggest keeping it as a spare. Best way I've found to keep things from being lost or destroyed is to have a spare.

That's not a bad idea. Just make sure it doesn't get covered with dust or something, but yeah, it might come in useful later if your teammate loses an arm due to hostile fire or something.
D2F
QUOTE (Megu @ Jul 18 2010, 05:52 AM) *
That's not a bad idea. Just make sure it doesn't get covered with dust or something, but yeah, it might come in useful later if your teammate loses an arm due to hostile fire or something.

Good thinking! Just make sure you keep it on ice!
Ryu
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jul 18 2010, 07:36 AM) *
Important question.

Synthetic or Obvious limb?
One has a lot of capacity, the other does not.

Capacity 15, so it´s an obvious one.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (D2F @ Jul 18 2010, 01:10 AM) *
Good thinking! Just make sure you keep it on ice!

Why? wobble.gif
Belvidere
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 18 2010, 10:25 AM) *
Why? wobble.gif

Because nothing is more surprising than opening up a mates freezer and just getting a hand trying to grab you. grinbig.gif
LurkerOutThere
QUOTE (Daylen @ Jul 17 2010, 02:49 PM) *

Yea people when given the option usually do want something stronger and more dexterous then the weak frail flesh their currently sporting.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Belvidere @ Jul 18 2010, 08:17 AM) *
Because nothing is more surprising than opening up a mates freezer and just getting a hand trying to grab you. grinbig.gif

Heheheh... Can't argue that... wobble.gif
Daylen
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jul 18 2010, 04:23 PM) *
Yea people when given the option usually do want something stronger and more dexterous then the weak frail flesh their currently sporting.

So when are you going to hack off your legs and replace them with what this guy has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wtcrun-001.jpg

People with a full set of these legs have been so competitive at races that some race groups are considering banning them.
LurkerOutThere
The moment it allows me to do all the same things my current legs can do, only better. Your subject matter is invalid.
Glyph
If you're a hacker, getting a commlink is a gimme. I would also get a high-rated nanohive.* And best of all is that both are only 4 capacity out of 15, leaving you plenty of room for other goodies.

*Actually, I would also recommend that anyone getting a nanohive get a cyberlimb to put it in, considering a nanohive's low capacity rating compared to its high Essense cost. Often, hacking off and replacing a limb will cost less Essense than implanting the nanohive by itself would.
Nifft
QUOTE (Glyph @ Jul 18 2010, 04:14 PM) *
Actually, I would also recommend that anyone getting a nanohive get a cyberlimb to put it in, considering a nanohive's low capacity rating compared to its high Essense cost. Often, hacking off and replacing a limb will cost less Essense than implanting the nanohive by itself would.

Yeah. You can fit two nanohives in a single cyberfoot for 0.25 Essence, instead of 1.5+ Essence for the nanohives alone.

It's something I keep thinking needs a house rule, but I'm not sure which way is fairer. I'm leaning towards reducing the Essence cost for stand-alone nanohives to 0.2 (any rating, 0.2 total).
Mäx
QUOTE (Nifft @ Jul 21 2010, 05:58 AM) *
Yeah. You can fit two nanohives in a single cyberfoot for 0.25 Essence, instead of 1.5+ Essence for the nanohives alone.

It's something I keep thinking needs a house rule, but I'm not sure which way is fairer. I'm leaning towards reducing the Essence cost for stand-alone nanohives to 0.2 (any rating, 0.2 total).

I'm pretty sure you still lose the 0,5 part of essence even if you put the hive in a cyberlimb, as that part is changes to your internal organs.
Cabral
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 21 2010, 01:07 AM) *
I'm pretty sure you still lose the 0,5 part of essence even if you put the hive in a cyberlimb, as that part is changes to your internal organs.

If you mean from the nanites, you don't lose Essence for having them free-floating in your system.
Mäx
QUOTE (Cabral @ Jul 21 2010, 02:29 PM) *
If you mean from the nanites, you don't lose Essence for having them free-floating in your system.

No the Nano hives have an essence cost of 0,5+(rating*0,25)
The 0,5 is from changes to your internal organs and it doesn't make any sense if you could avoid paying that by putting the hive into cyberlimb.
sabs
so quick question

How big do you guys think a nexus is?
And how many slots would it fill up smile.gif

Because a Hacker with a nexus in his arm (or leg) sounds /freaky/ awesome.
Cabral
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 21 2010, 08:40 AM) *
No the Nano hives have an essence cost of 0,5+(rating*0,25)
The 0,5 is from changes to your internal organs and it doesn't make any sense if you could avoid paying that by putting the hive into cyberlimb.

I don't recall precedence for mandatory splitting of ware across capacity and Essence, unless you run out of capacity. I don't have my books with me. Does a smartlink in your ARM still only reduce the Essence by half?

Also, why are the internal organs modified? If it's to make room, then putting the hive in a cyberlimb should definitely eliminate the Essence cost.
Johnny B. Good
Cyberarms are actually full cybernetic replacements, no meat involved. It makes no sense that a nanohive would still take up essence.
Nifft
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 21 2010, 02:07 AM) *

That would make sense, but it would also be wrong. If you pay Capacity, then you don't pay any Essence. None, zero, zilch.

The problem with the Nanohive is that they made something which is very expensive to install stand-alone (and has scaling Essence cost based on rating), and also gave it a very cheap Capacity cost (which does not scale with rating).
Mäx
QUOTE (Cabral @ Jul 21 2010, 05:08 PM) *
Also, why are the internal organs modified? If it's to make room, then putting the hive in a cyberlimb should definitely eliminate the Essence cost.

From the nanohives description
"As part of nanohive implantation procedures, a host of
other minor cybernetic modifications are made to pre-existing
organs including the liver, kidneys, and spleen. These alterations
keep the body from filtering out nanites like other waste and cellular
“detritus.”"

QUOTE (Johnny B. Good @ Jul 21 2010, 05:15 PM) *
Cyberarms are actually full cybernetic replacements, no meat involved. It makes no sense that a nanohive would still take up essence.

And they also cant ever include somethink that modifies your internal organs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012