Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan Builds!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wide Eyed Runner
So re-reading Snow Crash for the 20th or so time I was wondering if anyone out there had any favorite builds from characters they like. I wander around the Mutants & Masterminds forums looking over their character builds and I thought, "Hey!" I might take a stab at building Hiro at some point.
Ancient History
Got PACKS?
Simon Kerimov
Mmmmm...PACKS. Good for what ails you.
Wide Eyed Runner
Not sure how advertising for packs is related...
Nifft
QUOTE (Wide Eyed Runner @ Aug 4 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Not sure how advertising for packs is related...

You want help building a character.
PACKS is help building characters.
That's how it is related.

- - -

That said, Snow Crash had some really pretty cool ideas mixed with some very dumb ones. For example, the idea of an idea-virus that strikes human minds is cool (even if Richard Dawkins did it first, and Loni Anderson popularized it), but the idea that computer programmers have biologically different brains ... that's dumb.

However, Shadowrun does have a special breed of nerds with distinct neural characteristics: Technomancers. I kind of love the idea of something terrible, deep in the Matrix, making certain TMs go all botnet, and others go catatonic... until they receive their activation signal.
Abstruse
QUOTE (Nifft @ Aug 4 2010, 11:11 AM) *
However, Shadowrun does have a special breed of nerds with distinct neural characteristics: Technomancers. I kind of love the idea of something terrible, deep in the Matrix, making certain TMs go all botnet, and others go catatonic... until they receive their activation signal.

Third Ed Did It!!

Deus's Network was pretty much that.
IcyCool
QUOTE (Wide Eyed Runner @ Aug 4 2010, 05:16 AM) *
I might take a stab at building Hiro at some point.

Meh, Hiro was ok, but I'd much rather build a YT character. Seems like way more fun to play.
Wide Eyed Runner
QUOTE (Nifft @ Aug 4 2010, 06:11 PM) *
You want help building a character.
PACKS is help building characters.
That's how it is related.

- - -

That said, Snow Crash had some really pretty cool ideas mixed with some very dumb ones. For example, the idea of an idea-virus that strikes human minds is cool (even if Richard Dawkins did it first, and Loni Anderson popularized it), but the idea that computer programmers have biologically different brains ... that's dumb.

Actually, I was planning to post my build for a character. I got the help I needed in the past to make a character when I needed it. So like I said no idea how it was related as I wasn't asking for help building anything, and I already knew about Packs.

That said, have a nice day.
Ancient History
Okay, my understanding of your initial post was a request for people to post character builds they like.
Badmoodguy88
but the idea that computer programmers have biologically different brains ... that's dumb.

Programmers have structurally different brains. So do musicians. So does a person who has never learned a thing in there life. IT is the plasticity of the human brain that causes some areas to grow with use. There is even a disease some surgeon and musicians get from the area of the brain controlling some specific moments becoming so large that the crowed into other areas controlling movement. The end result is tremors. Tremors in the hands or specific fingers, and in one case the upper lip of one wind instrument player. It cut their careers tragically short but it is cool in a way because it is like you can only be humanly so good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012