Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Online Games starting?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Shin

My friend and I would love to be involved in an online SR4 game if anyone was considering starting one up or has one in need of two more players. We're both in the EST timezone. We speak all the prevalent VTT and chat softwares, as well as Skype, Vent, TS, etc. if needs be. Any chance someone is thinking of starting up a new campaign (or has one that needs a couple more players)?
triarchic
I am looking for players. Below is a link to the game I am running. I am planning to use AIM (I have used it many times in the past quite successfully.) I am very flexible. If what you find below does not suite your tastes feel free to make a suggestion. I personally would like to run a cyberpunk game sans magic. Set is basically the exact same world of SR4.

Below has some information regarding a few changes that I am considering (in terms of world events and flavor). Again all can be forgotten and new ideas hashed out. I have one player that is tentatively interested in playing already. But he may drop out due to time constraints.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/deusexmachina

A membership to the site is free and quick. Feel free to email me on there (since I basically never check my PMs here.)

or email me at triarchic@hotmail.com

If people can talk me into it I will run the game via Skype or w/ a Ventrillo Client etc... I have considered it, but we'll see.
Shin

So basically Cyberpunk using the Shadowrun corporations and corporate model (and game system I guess)? No magic, no races, no horrors, no UCAS, CAS, etc.?
triarchic
Yes, basically Shadowrun using it's version of the Matrix, along with corporations etc... You are correct in regards to no magic, no races, no horrors, but I am currently attempting to included the geographical and geopolitical structures like the UCAS and CAS into this world. For instance, instead of magical storms destroying parts of the world, regular super storms did, the ring of fire went off, several volcanoes within North America went off etc... etc... But a lot of that will be ignored due to the nature of the game. Most SR4 games that I have played it never even touched on those topics.

The game is in part inspired by the Deux Ex trailer in that it seriously sparked my interest in running a campaign sans magic.
triarchic

Session times and dates will be sorted out once we have players in order to best fit everybody's schedule. But games will not be run between the hours of 3PM and 10PM on Sat. and Sun. or before 5PM on weekdays. So games will run for about 4 hours (on average) sometime between 5PM - 12:30AM on weekdays or from 7AM - 2PM on weekends.
Mr. Mage
Well if you are still looking for characters I am certainly interested. Don't know when I'll be able to do it, and I'd like to wait until I get back to school to figure that out, since I'm hoping to run a local game with friends on the weekend. I'll try to keep in touch via this thread or email/PMing.
triarchic
QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Aug 11 2010, 02:23 PM) *
Well if you are still looking for characters I am certainly interested. Don't know when I'll be able to do it, and I'd like to wait until I get back to school to figure that out, since I'm hoping to run a local game with friends on the weekend. I'll try to keep in touch via this thread or email/PMing.

I am still looking for characters.

I am also wanting to start next week (if at all possible)
Mr. Mage
I definitely can't start next week, camping with family in Maine, no internet.
triarchic
QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Aug 11 2010, 03:07 PM) *
I definitely can't start next week, camping with family in Maine, no internet.

Well you can always skip a mission or two and come in later. But if you are serious about playing you should start to work on a character concept/idea. PM me for my AIM username; then I can help walk you through the world.
Shin

Not sure how you can justify the rise of the Pueblo Council or free Denver without magic, not to mention Tir Taingire and what not... Which makes Seattle a little... what? That aside, though we're game to give it a shot. My friend is really eager to play some sort of Rigger, and I had thought to try playing a Hacker (never actually played one so I may need some help/advice :/). Maybe some overlap there, not clear. What were you thinking for starting scenarios, setting (i.e. city, etc.), and so on? Did you have a particular party scenario in mind? Also, we'll probably want to know more about the details of your setting--Cultural dominances, what nations really do exist, etc. cool.gif. Let's see, what else.. Which chargen rules you want to use (I recommend karmagen, btw wink.gif... We can do Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for weekdays. Weekend mornings are too hard. I'd prefer Thursdays, but my friend doesn't care cool.gif. Which IM system do you prefer? Also, what technology did you want to use to play the game with?

triarchic
smile.gif
stopher87
Hey,

If you are still looking for players I would be interested in joining. I am in EST so the times are good for me. What kind of characters do you need?
triarchic
QUOTE (stopher87 @ Aug 12 2010, 06:29 AM) *
Hey,

If you are still looking for players I would be interested in joining. I am in EST so the times are good for me. What kind of characters do you need?

I have no idea why I never specified my time zone. I am retarded... lol. I live in CST. But I am still looking for players. Granted the list of people interested (not the list of people actually playing) is growing quite large. So in order to secure a spot on the team you will need to give me dates and times when you are free (obv. I'll adjust the dates and times you agreed with...above) and start hashing out a character.

Right now we have people expressing interest in the Hacker position, Rigger, and Rigger/Face, I am fine with multiples in the group.
sabs
My Rigger is a Rigger/crafter.
Hardware skill, Automotive mechanic, maybe even armorer.
triarchic
QUOTE (sabs @ Aug 12 2010, 04:56 PM) *
My Rigger is a Rigger/crafter.
Hardware skill, Automotive mechanic, maybe even armorer.

Sounds awesome. I'll have more details out about the game tomorrow.
sabs
I've changed him a /little/
He's more of a b&e/wheelman with a touch of gun bunny.
LFG
As much as I love the magic part of SR, I must say your write up on obsidian portal is quite awesome.

On a related note I'm currently running an online SR4 campaign that could use 2 players. So if you guys end up with to many toss me a mail. We currently run on Monday nights.

I would love to join in, but totally have a rough schedule. Expect a mail anyway.
stopher87
QUOTE (LFG @ Aug 17 2010, 04:37 AM) *
As much as I love the magic part of SR, I must say your write up on obsidian portal is quite awesome.

On a related note I'm currently running an online SR4 campaign that could use 2 players. So if you guys end up with to many toss me a mail. We currently run on Monday nights.

I would love to join in, but totally have a rough schedule. Expect a mail anyway.

Hey LFG, I want to send you a message, but for some reason that feature is not enabled for me. I have a hacker ready to go and a mage on the way if you still need people.
triarchic
QUOTE (sabs @ Aug 16 2010, 06:10 AM) *
I've changed him a /little/
He's more of a b&e/wheelman with a touch of gun bunny.

That is even better, makes the party even more balanced. Which in turn gives me more options regarding jobs. Please email me the char. sheet (if you haven't already) as soon as possible. Remember
I have updated the Wiki at http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/deusexmachina.

triarchic
QUOTE (LFG @ Aug 16 2010, 11:37 PM) *

I sent you a PM. There is even more info related to the world in the Wiki (requires a free membership to obsidian portal). I will be trying to add more as the days go on. Unfortunately this project of removing magic from SR4 only started last week and I don't have huge amounts of needed background written yet.

Please check the Wiki for updates regularly.

To potential players, 6PM Fridays is looking like the time we will be playing. If there are any issues with this. Please inform me and I will attempt to make changes. If you don't inform me of issues regarding (well anything) I can't address them.

Also, if you desire more information regarding the world. Please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer any and all questions (I will also update the wiki in response to any questions about the world).
triarchic
It is looking like we will not be gaming on Friday. I have too many obligations related to school starting back up on Monday. Not to mention I only have a few character sheets from some of the players. I also don't have firm confirmations from other PCs etc... So we'll push it back one week and start next week Friday. Sorry about this for those who were excited about possibly starting tomorrow.

For those who still can't imagine how the world works without magic I will be making more massive changes to the timeline over the course of the next week or so. For now, just focus on the raw character build and some basic character backstory. Seriously no more hackers/riggers... atm that is basically all we have. We need a solid street sam.
triarchic
QUOTE (triarchic @ Aug 19 2010, 05:14 PM) *
It is looking like we will not be gaming on Friday. I have too many obligations related to school starting back up on Monday. Not to mention I only have a few character sheets from some of the players. I also don't have firm confirmations from other PCs etc... So we'll push it back one week and start next week Friday. Sorry about this for those who were excited about possibly starting tomorrow.

For those who still can't imagine how the world works without magic I will be making more massive changes to the timeline over the course of the next week or so. For now, just focus on the raw character build and some basic character backstory. Seriously no more hackers/riggers... atm that is basically all we have. We need a solid street sam.

Not playing tomorrow (Friday) is TOTALLY my fault. I apologize to those PCs who have been putting in lots of hard work with their char. and reading the bulk of material that I provided (and being nice when they find horrible mistakes).

I’ll be frantically working on this project this weekend (when i have a bit of free time…)

Life is a tad hectic atm. Which isn’t a bad thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012