Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sangre y Acero * Unarmed Tournament *
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Simon Kerimov
Beneath the dark streets of Tenochititlan lie the bloodiest pit-fighting dens in the Sixth World. Unaugmented metahumans rarely last long in the gore-stained arenas, and combatants often introduce new and unusual cyberweapons to surprise their enemies and titillate the crowd. The fighters who have survived longest collect a body of tricks and techniques known as Sangre y Acero – Blood and Steel.
-- SR4::Arsenal : Martial Arts

********************************************************************************

*** SANGRE Y ACERO ***

CLAMPDOWN VS LA TORO LOCO

::: UNARMED TOURNAMENT :::

********************************************************************************

1st Dan

LEAGUE RULES
  • Almost none. Make whatever you want and as abuses become obvious, that tactic will be banned, and the user shamed.
  • As a tournament, fights go until someone taps out, is knocked out, or stays in overflow for a full Combat Turn.
  • Winners get 1 Edge refreshed.

ARENA DESCRIPTION
Since Sangre y Acero is primarily played in Aztlan, it is going to be held inside of an ullamaliztli, one of the ball courts for the mesoamerican ballgame. The ballgame has quite a bit in common with gladiatorial combat.

}0} |1|--------|2|--------|3|--------|4|--------|5|--------|6|--------|7|--------|8|--------[0]--------|8|--------|7|--------|6|--------|5|--------|4|--------|3|--------|2|--------|1| {0{
}1} [1]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[3] ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ [3]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[1] {1{
}2} [1]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[3] ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ [3]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[1] {2{
}3} [1]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[3]||[<:]||[4]||[<]||[5]||[<]||[6]||[<]||[7]||[<]||[8]||[<]||[9]||[>]||[8]||[>]||[7]||[>]||[6]||[>]||[5]||[>]||[4]||[:>]||[3]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[1] {3{
}4} [1]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[3]||[<:]||[4]||[<]||[5]||[<]||[6]||[<]||[7]||[<]||[8]||[<]||[9]||[>]||[8]||[>]||[7]||[>]||[6]||[>]||[5]||[>]||[4]||[:>]||[3]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[1] {4{
}4} [1]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[3]||[<:]||[4]||[<]||[5]||[<]||[6]||[<]||[7]||[<]||[8]||[<]||[9]||[>]||[8]||[>]||[7]||[>]||[6]||[>]||[5]||[>]||[4]||[:>]||[3]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[1] {4{
}3} [1]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[3]||[<:]||[4]||[<]||[5]||[<]||[6]||[<]||[7]||[<]||[8]||[<]||[9]||[>]||[8]||[>]||[7]||[>]||[6]||[>]||[5]||[>]||[4]||[:>]||[3]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[1] {3{
}2} [1]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[3] ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ [3]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[1] {2{
}1} [1]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[3] ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ [3]||[=]||[2]||[=]||[1] {1{
}0} |1|--------|2|--------|3|--------|4|--------|5|--------|6|--------|7|--------|8|--------[0]--------|8|--------|7|--------|6|--------|5|--------|4|--------|3|--------|2|--------|1| {0{

• Ullamaliztli have a length to width ratio of about 4:1, with smaller courts being about 16 by 4 meters.
  • The sides are sloped at about 37 degrees.
  • retaining wall is 8 meters vertical.
  • At the middle line at the top of the side slope are large stone rings with the doughnut hole being parallel to the alley. The hole is the size of a head, and is not accidental.
  • The playing alley is dirt or grass, and the walls are masonry (Object Resist of 2).
  • Surrounding the court area are structures for spectators to sit in, raising the height of the court by another 2 meters. Those 2 meters are adorned with tzompantli, or skull racks (Object Resist of 1).

VICTORY
When the fights end, the winner can choose to:
  • Spill a small amount of the losers blood to the Smoking Mirror for 2,500 nuyen.gif
  • Scar them, humiliate them, or let them go for 1 Karma.
Tias
I'd love to try playing in this. Do we just make 400 BP fighters and throw down?
Simon Kerimov
QUOTE (Tias @ Aug 14 2010, 11:11 AM) *
I'd love to try playing in this. Do we just make 400 BP fighters and throw down?

I built Clampdown on 400 BP, but there is no official build. If you wanted to build a Kung-Fu cyborg in a body tank, you can. It might not be that challenging, and the crowd might boo you, but I'll still fight you. The only real rule for this fight is that it is unarmed.
Simon Kerimov
CLAMPDOWN

[ Spoiler ]

Tias
It's a bit intimidating, as I've never made a unarmed build - However, would it work to use one of the characters I have lying around (with skills all around the spectre) and hope that she'll pull through in both unarmed and armed tourneys? I'll give it a shot, the worst that can happen is horrible death.
Simon Kerimov
QUOTE (Tias @ Aug 15 2010, 03:42 AM) *
It's a bit intimidating, as I've never made a unarmed build - However, would it work to use one of the characters I have lying around (with skills all around the spectre) and hope that she'll pull through in both unarmed and armed tourneys? I'll give it a shot, the worst that can happen is horrible death.

Horrible death won't occur. There are paramedics on hand with EVO Archerons.
Tias
Good smile.gif

One more thing: I see there are multiple of these S Y A threads! Is there a main thread for tourneys, rules and the like, or is just thread-by-thread basis?

Here he is: It's a concept char, but i've tried to make him well-rounded so he's a person outside of the ring as well - it's been a while since I've done this, so please let me know if I did something wrong:

La Toro Loco

The announcement done, he entered the court, drawing impressed noises. Michalis played up his metatype when on the street and in the court - his massive head of a bull, stalwart hairy body, and goring, titanium-sheathed horns gave him a rep that belied his true nature. Truth be told told, at home he liked to listen to read comics, do some downers or drink a good glass of scotch, then pass out in front of the trid. This was not at home.

Michalis never did get along with anyone in high school after changing, and getting into fights and stealing was his only spark of life until an older minotaur took him in to work on the docks and got him interested in sports. After a promising stint in soccer, he got into martial arts, where his late-blooming magical powers manifested. Soon, Michalis became an icon in the awakened MMA scene, but his fame faded too soon: Killing a man and fleeing into the shadows without a SIN to his name, he never got what he wanted, and his unsofisticated, belligerent personality has kept from ever resolving the problems in his life.

Thanks to the tenaciousness of his newest agent he has gotten to Aztlan, where his skill are much in demand. He has fought in the lesser Acero Y Sangre leagues on the border for several years, earning fame and money with the 'upgrades' such success demands, and is now ready for the big shots.

Name and Concept: Michalis Manioudakis, Adept bull with an attitude.
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities, advantages and maneuvers

[ Spoiler ]

Skills:

[ Spoiler ]

Connections:

[ Spoiler ]

Augmentation:

[ Spoiler ]

Gear:

[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyle:
[ Spoiler ]
Dr.Rockso
Clampdown looks awesome. I always wanted to see that pneumatic press in action. That, and the jackhammer. Great build.
Tias
Aye, not looking to get squeezed by that one. Ready to go?
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Tias @ Aug 16 2010, 12:22 PM) *
Aye, not looking to get squeezed by that one. Ready to go?

If you're lucky he may not subdue you. You have quite the slippery man-cow there.
Simon Kerimov
The fighters enter the Ullamaliztli, dressed to impress. LA TORO LOCO, a titanium-horned behemoth of meat and muscle, and CLAMPDOWN, a cylon-eyeband sporting ork with a pneumatic press for a hand, a chainmail shirt, and a back full of injection needles. CLAMPDOWN begins to work the crowd, gearing up for his crazy-go-nuts time, but the crowd is just not feeling it. It's early in the night, and they haven't had much to drink yet. CLAMPDOWN looks sad and lonely, distracted enough for the MAD COW to take an action.

Ok, this should be fun.

There are multiple Sangre y Acero threads, and each match has it's own declared rules in the original post under "League Rules". This particular SyA is unarmed and no one dies. The first and second SyAs killed the loser, and the third SyA ended in a surrender. Since the third SyA ended with some uncertainty on Disarm rules, it seemed prudent to have a few of these matches where the Martial Arts rules can get exercised without worrying about guns, magic, and melee weapons. That being said, SyA is a dirty fight, so even if you violate the rules, the match won't necessarily stop. That depends on the crowds and the participants.

We start at 12 meters apart. In the last match, one of the players wanted to start out on full defense, which was somewhat contentious. If one player wants to start in a Full Defense position, or have a round to activate spells/trigger cyberware/take drugs, the fighters can make an Intimidate Opposed Test, and the winner can choose to be at normal ready, Full Defense, or take an action. If one side critically fails, the other side gets a full Surprise Round.

CLAMPDOWN intimidate Test: INTIMIDATE OPPOSED TEST[CHA(2)+Intimidate(2)+For The Crowd(2)+Custom Look Equipment(1]=7d6 (7d6.hits(5)=0) and I rolled 3 1's, so its a critical failure. As long as La Toro Loco doesn't also critically fail, he not only can choose to be in Full Defense, but he gets a Surprise Action against CLAMPDOWN.
Tias
La Toro Loco enters the court, scraping his boots on the ground and playing up a heel role by bellowing at Clampdown. He enters an apprehensive chance, sharply considering his options..

One more question, sorry for the holdup: What does a free action constitute? Would I be able to make an attack maneuver and still be in FD?

Opp test: Untrained Intimidate (-1 dice)+custom look (+1 dice)+CHA2= 5, 2
Simon Kerimov
QUOTE (Tias @ Aug 17 2010, 04:30 AM) *
One more question, sorry for the holdup: What does a free action constitute? Would I be able to make an attack maneuver and still be in FD?

There is a list of Free Actions in SR4 p135. There is an Combat Actions summary table in SR4 p137. You will also likely need the Melee Combat Modifiers table in SR4 p148, and the More Ways To Die chapter of Arsenal.

To make an attack and a Full Defense, you will want to attack during your Surprise round, and Interrupt to a Full Defense when I attack you.
Tias
QUOTE (Simon Kerimov @ Aug 17 2010, 05:00 PM) *
There is a list of Free Actions in SR4 p135. There is an Combat Actions summary table in SR4 p137. You will also likely need the Melee Combat Modifiers table in SR4 p148, and the More Ways To Die chapter of Arsenal.

To make an attack and a Full Defense, you will want to attack during your Surprise round, and Interrupt to a Full Defense when I attack you.

Cool that, thanks. Early in the morning I'll leave for a music festival in Lithuania, so I'll post my opening strategy on monday or thereabouts!
Paul Kauphart
The tension is building among the crowd which start chanting : La Toro Loco !!! La Toro Loco !!! La Toro Loco !!!

Simon Kerimov
CLAMPDOWN menaces his opponent with his pneumatic clamp! He opens and closes the clamp while looking through the middle space at his opponent!

"Squish your head. Squish your head. SQUISH YOUR HEAD!"
Simon Kerimov
CLAMPDOWN moves closer to you, the red LED in his visor moving left to right to left to right. It makes that Cylon noise at you, while CLAMPDOWN fixes you with a rot-toothed grin. The microphone gets close so the crowd can hear the amplified hissing of the pneumatics on his TH3 CL4MP. He giggles and continues his chant:

"Squish your head. Squish your head. SQUISH YOUR HEAD!"
Tias
((I'll reply, just had internet troubles smile.gif Be back in a day or so))
Simon Kerimov
QUOTE (Tias @ Aug 28 2010, 11:07 AM) *
((I'll reply, just had internet troubles smile.gif Be back in a day or so))

Cool, I'm looking forward to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012