Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OoC Evolution: Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Bastard
IC Link
OoC Link
IC Recruitment 3
OoC Recruitment 3

An ongoing campaign is looking for more runners.

The game is based out of the Bay Area in California Free State.

The most important thing I will need is your 30 Questions.
[ Spoiler ]

Next is Chargen. Originally this was set as three campaigns, a low level, chargen level, high level. We are now in the chargen level.
Chargen can be done by either priority, sum of ten, or 135 build points. Usually you can get the best results from build points, since I gave a few extra, so I suggest this method. After you select your chargen method, remember these limitations:
[ Spoiler ]

At the end of chargen, players will need to provide a brief summary of their Contacts and Enemies. In addition to some basic information, I will need some in depth description so I can role play them a little better. I am not creative enough to make up the personalities of 20 contacts.ription. Then a brief description (1-3 paragraphs) of your contacts personality, how they know your character, how they interact, and what your character does for them to keep them as a contact.

Contacts and Enemies
[ Spoiler ]
Hudson
I'm wondering what kind of concept the group is looking for. From the OoC thread I see that it has "Troll Muscle", a "Leader Mercenary" and a "Covert Operative" but I am not exactly sure what they cover already and what's still needed.
Kliko
One word: "Magic" preferably a full magician or shaman.

Alternatively we could make good use of a (combat) decker.

@Bastard: I'll post in the IC recruitment tomorrow. I'm just back home and exhausted (but happy).
Bastard
@Kliko - No prob. I was MIA all weekend.

Once you get the info from Radek and start looking for runners, I hope to have some PCs lined up.

---

@ Hudson - I would definitely have to agree with Kliko.
Bastard
ntwi should be joining the Recruitment thread soon.

Kliko , did I tanslate that right? "I see ghosts, or you stop long enough?"
Kliko
@Bastard: Should be more along the lines of: "Am I seeing ghosts, or didn't you dig deep enough?" its a bit of a taunt.
ntwi
Felix sticks his head into the room. "My ears are burning, did someone mention my name?"
Bastard
Welcome aboard ntwi, it will not be too long before the next mission get under way.

I am still hoping for one more party member...
Bastard
"Voy a seguir buscando" = "I'll keep looking"
Muad 'Dib
Hi Guys,

Looks like a fun campaign, gonna do the 30 questions and chargen for a Combat Mage if that is cool.

Later
Bastard
QUOTE (Muad 'Dib @ Sep 29 2010, 11:20 AM) *
Hi Guys,

Looks like a fun campaign, gonna do the 30 questions and chargen for a Combat Mage if that is cool.

Later
Great. PM me when completed!
galenbd
Hey all,

I'm new to the site, but I've been trying to find a SR 3 game for a while.
I'm going to try and work up a combat decker. I've got a background, but it might take me a little bit to translate it to the answers.

Galen
Kliko
Welcome to dumpshock!

We could sure make use of a good Combat Decker!
galenbd
Ok. Apparently I can't use PM until I get 10 posts. I have read through some of the Evolution links. I have some questions.

What sources are available?
I saw a thread indicating 135 points. GM, can you please confirm?
Once I get the 30 questions answered, where do I send them? Particularly since I cannot yet PM.
I know I need 6 points in flaws. I want 4 points of edges. My current understanding is that need to pay double for the first 3 points, then provide 1 more point of Flaw to balance this out. Is this correct?
What year is it?

Galen
Kliko
Chargen can be done by either priority, sum of ten, or 135 build points. Usually you can get the best results from build points, so I suggest this method. After you select your chargen method, remember these limitations:

1/ Unmodified maximum for Attributes and Skills is 6
2/ Any equipment and cyberware/bioware over availability 8 must be approved by GM.
3/ Remember question nine on the character outline, how your character acquired major equipment and cyberware/bioware was acquired.
4/ All players are required to take at least 6 points in flaws. Players can also elect to take up to 3 points in edges. These edge points will be matched by flaw points. Unspent edge points from this manner can be banked, but you will have to aliquot flaw points.
5/ Players can also purchase up to 3 edge points at a rate of 2 BP per 1 edge point. These are not matched by flaw points. Edges will later be able to be gained through a combination of Karma and role play. Flaws will also be able to be eliminated through this manner.
6/ All characters need to be approved by the GM.

The edges and flaws basically read like you're required to take at least 6 points in flaws and can take 3 points in edges. In your case it means you require 7 points of flaws and can elect 4 points of edges to your liking (or spent 2 BP for the extra edge point).

The year is 2062.

El Bastardo will sent you a pm with his contact details.
Bastard
Thanks Kliko!

I have been dead tired this week!

I need a stiff drink and about 2 days of sleep!

GalenBD, I pm'ed you my email address. Protect it with your life.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 7 2010, 10:15 PM) *
Thanks Kliko!

Copy-paste man, just copy-paste

@Sneaky and Juan: Feel free to move forward in the IC thread. We might do some nice scenery describing Ludmilla's pit-fighting (or was it boxing matches?) and hook up with her there. We might even do the initial recruiting right after her match. I trust Jaxx/El Bastardo to know what the team needs.
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 9 2010, 05:10 AM) *
Copy-paste man, just copy-paste
A simple skill that many do not have. grinbig.gif

Working on IC right now!
Bastard
CSU Hayward/East Bay, in Concord [url=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=csu+concord&sll=37.945653,-121.976609&sspn=0.011625,0.01929&gl=us&ie=UTF8&t=h&radius=0.63&split=1&rq=1&ev=p&hq=csu+concord&hnear=&ll=37.94545,-121.976609&spn=0.012048,0.01929&z=16&iwloc=Egoogle map [/url]

Da? = Yes?
Kliko
I know Da (and Njet) grinbig.gif
Bastard
Just trying to save you some time.
Kliko
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 11 2010, 01:59 AM) *
Just trying to save you some time.
Appreciated

-EDIT-
@ntwi: Feel free to join in the IC Recruitment-thread wink.gif
Bastard
Felix,
Bubba,
Kliko and
Ludi

Are all up on the Recruitment IC, and free to post.

If nothing is up by Sunday night I will bump the story.

I will be closing up the Evolution IC also, since it seems all questions are or will be entered. After doing so, I will copy the Recruitment IC over to it, and we can move on from there, again with one OoC and one IC.
Bastard
Felix,
Bubba,
Kliko and
Ludi

Are all up on the Recruitment IC, and free to post.

If nothing is up by Sunday night I will bump the story.

I will be closing up the Evolution IC also, since it seems all questions are or will be entered. After doing so, I will copy the Recruitment IC over to it, and we can move on from there, again with one OoC and one IC.
ntwi
I'm going to presume that the meet that Jaxx set up will be in a casual setting, if it's not I'll just edit my post and change clothes.

Otherwise, the die rolls for Felix's preperations. (All of these are pretty standard for him.)
[ Spoiler ]

I'll get the IC for this cranked out later today. Just got a few projects around the house that I need to get done first.
Kliko
@Bastard: Can you have Jaxx confirm the meet to Felix?

Kliko is happy to pick Felix up for a spin in the Land Rover. Either that or he would have to arrange three tickets for that nights Troll Trash Metalfest rotfl.gif
ntwi
Felix has his own transportation and was presuming that Jaxx had set up somewhere neutral to meet with whoever from the team (looks like Kliko and Bubba)
Kliko
Exactly, but since there's only one prospective member due for now Kliko its more simple to meet in his 'office' aka car instead of the backroom of a bar or diner.
Bastard
I got one more in... he was making some final tweaks to his character.

galenmb will be joining as Jamie. I am going over the character now and will be writing her into the story.

EDIT:

I also have a third person showing interest.
Kliko
Ok, IC is up.

I'll put up another introduction into the Thunderdome up for tomorrow.
Mister Juan
Anything you guys need from me in this neck of the woods?
Kliko
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 19 2010, 08:59 PM) *
Anything you guys need from me in this neck of the woods?

I'll write Ludi into the meet. Saves you some workload wink.gif

-EDIT-
Never mind. Ludi, had personal business with Ira Gallagher...
ntwi
Perception for seeing the Troll unused to his suit standing near the will call window

5,4,2,3,2,6 with the six exploding 2 for an 8

Feel free to include Felix replying to questions you ask rather than waiting for me to post a response and back and forth if it's a fairly simple and/or obvious answer.
galenbd
I added a time filler reply. I'm ready to move on to 2300, but I haven't gotten the info. I could assume, but thought might be frowned upon.

Galen
Kliko
QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 20 2010, 02:22 PM) *
I added a time filler reply. I'm ready to move on to 2300, but I haven't gotten the info. I could assume, but thought might be frowned upon.

Galen

Feel free to presume Jaxx texted you the location and time.
galenbd
Dice roll for Stealth crossing town
6,4,3,2,1 expands to 6 which expands to 13,4,3,2,1

Dice roll for Stealth to avoid the camera
6,6,6,5,2 expand to 10,10,9,5,2

If I need more rolls, let me know.

Galen
Bastard
QUOTE (Kliko @ Oct 20 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Feel free to presume Jaxx texted you the location and time.

Just add it to your next IC.

I still am trying to go over some characters, and hope to be ready to drop everyone in this weekend, and get you all at one table sometime next week!

Until then, follow Kliko's lead!

I will give Sneaks a call and see if he is all settled in at his new home. I talked to Jaruen, and he said he is coming back... however, knowing him, he is full of it and will remain MIA for ever. I believe Ludi will be returning sometime at the beginning of November... ?

***I will be moving the Recruitment IC over to the Evolution IC in the near future, probably Saturday some time. When I do so, I will attach a link, and I will copy and paste all the IC posts into one massive post, so the story will have continuity.

Mister Juan
QUOTE (Bastard @ Oct 20 2010, 11:11 PM) *
Just add it to your next IC.
I believe Ludi will be returning sometime at the beginning of November... ?

She's pretty much good to go. Altought things haven't really gotten quiet at work, I have finished most of my freelance contracts, so I'm not as busy as before. I can at least say I am now able to read the boards every day. I can either make smaller posts, every day, or bigger ones, but at a slower pace. In a nutshell, consider me as completely back from the day and ready to rock and roll.

On a completely different note, I think I might have actually lost Ludi's character sheet sarcastic.gif Bastard, please tell me you've got a copy of it somewhere! If not, then I'm downright fucked....
Bastard
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 21 2010, 06:53 AM) *
On a completely different note, I think I might have actually lost Ludi's character sheet sarcastic.gif Bastard, please tell me you've got a copy of it somewhere! If not, then I'm downright fucked....

I do, but hopefully your luck turns and you will be downright fucked anyways.
Bastard
This thread has been moved to the main Evolution OoC. Please continue your posting there. A link to this thread will remain for a time one both the main IC and OOC first posts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012