Full Version: IC Evolution Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Bastard
IC Link
OoC Link
IC Recruitment 3
OoC Recruitment 3

22:00:00 Local Time Monday, 27 March 2062 - Concord, California

The sound of automatic gun fire echoes throughout Kliko's living room. Explosions thunder behind the couch centered in the room as fighter jets streak over head. "GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!" the overly muscled soldier carrying the M-60 yells.

"David. David!"
"Huh?" Kliko pulls his attention away from the trideo set.
"Your phone is ringing! And can you turn that thing down, it's damn near 10 o'clock!" his wife yells over the action trid.

Kliko takes the phone from his wife, a sees the caller ID. "Radek." He hasn't heard from him since the Shasta run. Kliko mutes the movie, hits "Accept," and starts walking toward his office for the privacy needed when dealing with work calls.
Kliko
22:00:03 Local Time Monday, 25 March 2062 - Concord, California

Kliko takes the phone from his wife, a sees the caller ID. "Radek." He hasn't heard from him since the Shasta run. Kliko mutes the movie, hits "Accept," and starts walking towards the master bedroom for the privacy needed when dealing with work calls.

The house was starting to get a bit overcrowded with his spawn and friends running around the house with Saito's crackdowns on metas. The bed room being one of few places he could take a rest... or so he figured. Pressing the accept button he put the cellphone to his ear while walking into the room... in time to see his eldest covering some scraggy looking ork-girl. 'Yup, this place is definately getting over-crowded'

Pointing a finger in the direction of the bedroom Kliko didn't even bother to kick the living shit out of his boy. Radek meant bizz and he could damn well use the cred with all the folk stopping by on their way over to Silicon Valley.

"Yes..."
Bastard
22:00:08 Local Time Monday, 27 March 2062 - Concord, California

Radek is right to the point, "Can you make a meet on Thursday?"
Kliko
22:00:11 Local Time Monday, 27 March 2062 - Concord, California

"No problem, text me the location and time... you want me to get the others involved?"
Bastard
22:00:11 Local Time Monday, 27 March 2062 - Concord, California

"You can bring your team, or assemble them afterwards.
Kliko
8:49:03 Local Time Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez, California

Firing up the soykaff-machine Kliko thought he could have been off far worse. At least in his office he wouldn't have to endure the coming and going of vaguely familiar people, claiming to be related to his wife in some way or another, as well as her bossing him around.

This, this workshop, his office, was his domain, the place where he could find some peace of mind... Draco, his dealer, offering secretary services in turn for a small fee, that, that provided just the icing on the cake. 'Better bring Bubba some of those exotic topped donuts before I come to see him.' He had just two more days to prepare for this meet and he intended to visit his crew and talk to hem one-on-one beforehand.

Ludi would had been cantankerous about Kliko for opening up on the mage at the end of their last run. 'She's probaply right too.'. It was just that he was to stubborn to admit it. In the end things could have ended up far worse for the team. 'But the fact is... they didn't.'. He pressed the soykaff-machines button for a quadruple espresso.... mug. 'Yeah, I'll visit her first.... see how she feels about some new bizz runnin for this Radek-fragger.'. Witht he coffee-machine all buzzing in the background Kliko jacked in his pocket-secretary and send James a text message:

8:57:01 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>JAMES] >>>: "Hola amigo, tiene usted alguna información sobre esta Radek persona? No hay información, no hay dinero amigo!"
Bastard
8:57:25 Local Time Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez, California

8:57:01 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAMES>>>KLIKO] >>>: Lo siento mi amigo, no he sido capaz de encontrar cualquier información sobre este Radek. Él es un fantasma.

Kliko
9:15:47 Local Time Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez, California

Styrofoam was a wonderfull material. Invented almost a century ago never stopped amazing Kliko how uncomfortably hot it kept his soykaff... 'We put computers in living flesh, yet I can't simply run a timer on my image link to calculate when my soykaff is ready to drink without that other upgrade!'

With James investigation turning up blank on Radek, all there was left to do was pay Ludi a visit and see whether her contacts could dig up some intel on their beneficiary. While firing up the Landrover's engine Kliko sent one last message before heading out to Ludmilla.

9:19:22 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>JAMES] >>>: "Veo fantasmas, o te profundizar lo suficiente?"
Bastard
9:20:00 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez, California

9:20:00 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAMES>>>KLIKO] >>>: "Voy a seguir a cavar, pero ya he llegado al final de la matrix."
Kliko
9:23:07 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>JAMES] >>>: "Si desea buscar en la matriz de que se contrate a un pisos. Para este tipo de dinero que esperan para ir a buscar."

9:34:16 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Bay area, California

Driving up the interstate Kliko found some time to clear his mind. Orcgasm blasted away in the background of his recently pimped Land Rover, but only the real low bass level tunes rang through his ear dampeners. He knew Ludi was still angry with him, but she had to let it go. 'Be polite, be professional, walk away when she starts over reacting.' Kliko took his soykaff cup, turning it around and back again before finally taking a sip.

9:34:27 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>Ludi] >>>: "Hi honey, I'm near your neighbourhood can I get you anything for breakfast or pick you up somewhere?"
Bastard

9:23:30 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAMES>>>KLIKO]"Voy a seguir buscando"

21:34:20 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Bay area, California
"Ya knows whats you want!
(Big! Green! And Bumpy!)
Ya knows how you wants it!
(Yeah, Big! Green! And Bumpy!)
BIG! GREEN! AND BUMPY!"

Kliko's heavy metal thunders around his sport utility vehicle as it travels down the freeway. Along with noise pollution, he is also texting while driving, and eating/drinking while driving, breaking three CFS road laws. Keeping one hand on the wheel and one eye on the road, Kliko is sure to watch for the police, knowing that the police are more concerned with handing out tickets for these infractions, than they are in stopping crimes or catching criminals.
Kliko
11:02:55 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Bay area, California

He had been driving around all morning looking for Ludi, down at what Kliko suspected was her neigbourhood. 'Frag this, the womans got to live somewhere nearby?' Not wanting to raise suspicion by asking around he finally aborted driving by Frank's Donutshop instead. He could sure use another soykaff and a donut perhaps. 'Got to mind my weight, all this good livin', I'm starting to loose my edge.' Besides he was sure to find Bubba down at Frank's, 'perhaps Jaxx knew where to find Ludi.'

11:12:01 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>JAXX]: "Ola my friend, I need some extra talent for the crew. Can you set up a meet at Ludi's next big match?"
Bastard
11:10:05 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Frank's Donuts, Concord

Kliko pulls into the parking lot of the Frank's and spots Bubba's Gideon in its usual spot. At least I always can find one of my teammates.

Entering the establishment he finds Bubba elbow deep in what looks to be his second "Bubba's Special." Franky looks up from what looks to be a sided conversation with the feasting giant. "Aye, Kliko! Come sit. I gets you a fresh cup of soykaff."

"Thanks, Tubbs," Kliko takes a seat at the bar next to Bubba, but a safe distance away. Best not get in the kill zone of the feeding giant. Franky returns with a large yellowish white ceramic mug with "KLiKO" hand written on the side with a permanent marker, filled with some of the best smelling soykaff. He would think it was some artisan blend, if he hadn't already known it was the same cheap store brand his wife insists on buying. Some people must just know how to make coffee.

"Hewo, Kwikos!" Bubba says, donut particles falling back into his pink box of pastries, as he continues to eat.

"Morning." Kliko looks around, waiting for everyone to go back to their papers, and their own donuts and soykaff. "Radek called. We got work. Have you talked to Ludi or Duster lately?"

Bzzzzzzzzzz... "...Big, Green, and Bumpy!" Kliko's mFone vibrates and music alert plays, indicating a new text message. "Speak of the devil," he says, seeing a new message from Ludi.

"I dow know wha da debil haff to do whiff diff," Bubba ponders as more food sprays from his mouth.

11:21 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [LUDI>>>KLIKO]: I am in the middle of a prior engagement, but I can meet you halfway. Can you meet me at the Flying J in Flag City?

11:22 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>LUDI]: All the way out there? When do you want to meet?

11:22 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [LUDI>>>KLIKO]: 1215 good?

11:22 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>LUDI]: Yeah - omw

"Found Ludi. Guess she has been working."

"She gots a new team! I thought she was our friend!?"

"It may be solo work, buddy." Kliko wonders himself, not about the friendship, but the team issue. "Go find Duster. I talked to Jaxx about getting some more help, too."

"Whats about Sugar?"

"He is still recovering. Don't worry, he will still get his cut. He said he would contact me when he was functioning."

Kliko orders a pastry before leaving, and has Franky transfer his drink to a to-go cup and topping it off. He pats Bubba on the back, then returns to his car for the trip up river.

11:28 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAXX>>>KLIKO]: Cannot get a hold of Ludi. Word is she has been busy working up in Sacramento. I will find you some more talent. Any special requests?
Kliko
11:39 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>JAXX]: "On my way to see her right now. Need a mojo-worker, wire-jock or drone-operator in that order. Missing the Gnomes Bravo Tango we used on the other job.

11:43:45 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Somewhere near Stockton
"Ya knows whats you want!
(Big! Green! And Bumpy!)
Ya knows how you wants it!
(Yeah, Big! Green! And Bumpy!)
BIG! GREEN! AND BUMPY!!!!"

The Land Rover picked up speed as it pulled up Interstate #5. Meanwhile Kliko wondered how much more the Rovers suspension could take with Bubba rocking in the back seat "BIG! GREEN! AND BUMPY!!!!"
Bastard
11:40 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAXX>>>KLIKO]: I will see who is available.

11:43:45 Tueday, 28 March 2062 -CSU Hayward/East Bay, Concord, CA
"... they are afraid. Afraid that we are too powerful. Afraid that we are too young to possess such things. Afraid they will no longer be needed. Afraid they have now become the dependent. Their insecurity and fear is caused by their ignorance, and masked by their anger and hate. Do not reciprocate their hate. It is their ignorant fear of the unknown. Do not hold their ignorance against them! We must teach them to accept us. Do not play their game! You must disprove their prejudices! This fight has been fought before on this very soil! It will take time, but they will..."

The sophomore elk shaman's speech carries through the group of young maturing magicians of different aspects, as well as half of the crowd who are mundane sympathizers or wanna-bes. Felix leaves his place roaming the edge of the crowd after his cell phone started its vibration sequence. He looks at the caller ID. A toothy grin grows across his face as the possibility of the hunt appears, even if it is Jaxx on the caller ID.

"Hello Jaxx."
"Heya chummer! I got a crew that is looking to strengthen it's core with some new players. They are one of my best teams, but it seems they always have work outside of my resources, but of course they come to me when they need somethin. You know what I'm sayin, chummer? Anyways, they are lookin for a little mojo as they put it, and I think you fit the bill. I was telling them just the other day-"
"Okay Jaxx-"
"that what they really needed was a magic user. It looks-"
"Okay Jaxx-"
"like they finally listened to good ole Jaxx. I think you'll-"
"JAXX! I FRAGGIN GOT IT!"
"Whoa there chummer. I thought you would want some work. I mean, this team would really fit you, and I think you would-"
"JAXX! I said yes already!"
"Oh, well... They would be-"
"Who do I contact?"
"I will set up the meet and give you a call. Hope you are in a better mood then. I find there are a lot of runners that seem to be short. Sorry. I mean short tempered, not statured. Not saying you are not tall, just that-"
"Just send me a text Jaxx."
"Alright chummer, I will give my the team-"

Felix ends the call. His smile still somewhat remains on his face. Even Jaxx can't ruin the feeling he gets from the hunt.

11:50:41 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Flying J, Flag City
What was once a couple of gas stations, truck stops, fast food joints, greasy spoons and a hotel or two, has now developed into its own small stop and go city lying a few miles north of Stockton, East of Lodi and about 20 miles south of the Sacramento area. Kliko's SUV cruises underneath I-5 taking the next left into the Flying J "trucker's mall." It houses 30 gasoline, flexfuel, and diesel pumps along with 10 charging stations for electrocars and hybrids. Along with the fueling station is a large shoppe, which houses a large quick stop style mart, and a 24 hour diner, small sleep area and showers for long-haul truckers, an entertainment hall and a small bar.

Kliko pulls into the large parking lot that runs along side Highway 12, along with all the tractor-trailers are usually parked for overnight stays, but is unoccupied at this time of day.

11:51 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>LUDI]: here

It is not long before he sees Ludi's 3320 zip into the gas station and pull up to the far pump, where the least traffic is. She slides out of her seat simultaneously lighting up a cigarette. She walks over to the pump, touches the panel with a credstick, and begins the transfer of fuel to her car. She opens her phone, then scans the area, spotting Kliko. She gives him a nod and continues pumping her gas.

Damn. Damn her. She must still be pissed.

A man approaches her, and Kliko is halfway out of his truck. "You know, miss, you can't smoke in this here. You will cause us all to explode." Her eyes narrow, but she says nothing. Kliko relaxes. It is enough to make him shrink down, and wish he would have minded his own business. Ludi replaces the pump in its holster and walks back toward the driver's seat, flicking her lit cigarette at the man hitting him in the chest. He stands frozen as she gets in her car and zips off around the market area. Soon enough she comes around the backside and parks alongside Kliko, the opposite direction, so they are sitting next to each other.

"Da?"
Kliko
11:55:22 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Flying J, Flag City

"Got to talk bizz. We have a meet scheduled this thursday." Kliko didn't feel like arguing. Bringing the announcement as a fact of life. 'Be there or be square, and we two come recollect your retainer fee.' "You got yourself a nice ride girl. Is that the turbo- or standard version? Whatcha pay for it? cred/cash?... Life must be good up north, or is this from our last job?"

It was an obvious attempt at small talk to ease her mood and gather some intel on her bizz up north. It finally dawned upon Kliko 'Frag, she needs to get laid!... no, on second thought, she needs a man! A father to her children... A lover, a man she can bond with, a soulmate.'... Kliko didn't even know where to start looking for someone like that 'She got attachment issues alright... and I was figuring I had a hard time...'
Bastard
11:55:34 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Flying J, Flag City

"I have this car a while. Thursday. What time?"
"Radek will text me."
"I will make time. Forward it to me, and I will be there."
Kliko
11:55:37 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Flying J, Flag City

'Pfftt, Ice Queen.' I also contacted Jaxx on a replacement for Sugar. My street doc tells me he should make a full recovery once the replacement parts are fully grown, takes a few more months though... The bills are killing me already... could use the extra cred." In fact Kliko was semi-optimistic about their future cash-flows now Radek finally contacted them for some bizz.

"Anyway, I'll be meeting the replacements tomorrow, feel free to join in, but I guess you still working up north?"
Bastard
11:55:44 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Flying J, Flag City

"You can count on me, but I have some... personal business I must complete... 'up north' first. I am afraid I will not be able to meet our potential teammates, tomorrow."

She could tell something has been bothering Kliko, but she was unsure of what exactly it was. Tensions were high after Saramaka, and have only seemed to increase since then. Ludi and Kliko did not see eye to eye over the actions of the last run, that much was obvious, but they have yet to discuss it openly.

"I will try to wrap things up. I will do my best to meet you Thursday. Keep me informed."

It was unlikely that Ludi would have completed her business before then. When Ira Gallagher asked her for a "favor" there was no way she would turn it down, and Ms. Gallagher is not someone you disappoint. Even after money has exchanged hands between contacts, there is always that non-talked about currency, that of the balance of favors, and Ludi knows that it is always good to have a contact, especially a politician, in debt to you.
ntwi
13:05 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 Felix's Apartment, Concord, CA

Felix walks back into his apartment after a quick glance into the astral to check on the hearth spirit he left behind. A quick blast of Health Glow followed by a shower always helped him feel prepared for anything. Paging through his closet Felix glances across his finer outfits before grabbing a simple set of secure clothing with a armored vest over the top. Felix frowns as he glances around for matching accessories. With a shrug and some careful thought he concentrates and alters the colors of the shirt and shoes to better accompany the vest. He quickly dons the outfit, double checking the magazine on his Elan before sliding it into its concealed holster. The physical world prepared, he moves to ponder the astral before leaving. After thanking the old hearth spirit he dismisses it, and a few seconds of concentration later he calls forth another of his old friends to watch over his home while he is away.

Walking down the stairs to the parking garage, Felix pauses once again to summon an Air spirit and task it with guarding him from accident before climbing into his Elektro and firing it up. The prospect of the hunt sent a thrill down his spine as he moved out into traffic heading to the location Jaxx had sent him.
Bastard
11:56:45 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Dex at Jack London Square, Oakland, CA

Jamie's cell rings and she checks the ID. Good news and bad news, it is Jaxx. She steps away from the other customers at the electronics store, and accepts the call.

"Hello, Jaxx."
"Heya chumma! I got some works with one of my top teams. They need a decker if you are up for it. Word is they take on some pretty heavy runs, enough that they haven't been coming to me for work the past few months. They usually just rent a decker, but I think they are looking for a permanent member to their team. I really think you would fit the bill, but they are based further out in the east bay, but I figure that work is work, and you would mesh well with them-
"Okay Jaxx, set up-"
"like I said, they are one of my top teams. You-"
"Set up the meet, gotta go."
"really-"

Jamie hangs up and goes back to looking at computer hardware.

11:56:10 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Flying J, Flag City

"Alright, Ludi. Take care, run safe. Hope to have you back in the bay soon."

She nods, gives a half smile. "If all goes well, Kliko."

The black Honda-GM shifts into gear and jets out of the parking lot. Kliko watches the car take a hard right and disappear onto the I-5 as he rolls passively out of the parking lot.

13:02 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAXX>>>KLIKO]: I got you mojo and techno. Trying to find a rigger, but no luck. Do you want a third, if he is not a rigger? You have details for the meet?
Kliko
11:57:30 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>LUDI]: "Contact me when you run in to trouble ok. Can't have people go medieval up your pretty ass. I owe you for the other night."

13:10:30 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>JAXX]: "Depends, what you got? I got my bases covered, perhaps a Jack or Pretty boy/girl? Friend of mine is setting up the meet location, waiting for confirmation."

13:20:06 Tueday, 28 March 2062 - Interstate #580, somewhere near Fairfield, CA
'Life sure feels good!' .... Would be even better if Bubba stopped drooling on my leather seats... somebodies got to teach 'em some manners...
galenbd
12:35:18 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Dex at Jack London Square, Oakland, CA
Stepping out of the computer store, Jamie checks the time on her cellphone. I wonder when the meet time was. I suppose I should have been easier on Jaxx. Maybe he really is trying to find a decent crew.

The only reason I didn't shoot the last fragger he set me up with is 'cause I was pounding the snot out of him for patting my hoop. Sigh, I guess I ought to at least make the meet even if it doesn't work out.

Jamie dials up an anonymous text site using her cellphone. Entering in her message, she sends it off.

12:42:44 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAMIE>>>JAXX]:I'll make it. I need time and place and 4 hours.

Not having found anything interesting out and about, Jamie jumps on the BART heading back to her doss.
Kliko
15:20:11 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - somewhere near Oakland, CA

'A proper suit, thats what he really needs... yeah manners too, but lets start with a proper suit'
"How about I buy you some fine clothing Bubba? Jaxx is getting us some replacements for a meet tonight, you want to make a good first impression right?

An hour later Kliko was becoming increasingly frustrated. They failed to match Troll-modified clothing at the Concord mall, not succeeding before they travelled all the way back the badlands between Bay Point and Pitssburgh back at the Antioch shopping dstrict. 'Fraggin Japanocorps fraggin drek policies.'

16:07:51 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>JAXX]: "Tonight at the Martinez Thunderdome 2300 sharp. Have em ask for Bubba at the ticket windows. Can you drop their rep-sheets in my office LTG? Don't wanna risk Bubba picking up the wrong guys."
Bastard
15:20:16 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - somewhere near Oakland, CA

"I talks to Dusters... He says he is too busy with his new business... teaching kids karate at Duster's Dojo... Are you gonna find us a new jedi, Kliko?"
Kliko
15:20:30 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - somewhere near Oakland, CA

"Yeah, he's that kind of guy huh, teaching zerglings karate huh. Jaxx should have dropped the rep sheets of our new mojo-slinger in ym Pittsburgh LTG. I don't think he's a Jedi, but at least he will stop others using the force against us, like they did in that one episode of Karl Kombat Mage last week."

22:06:58 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez Thunderdome

Kliko had been here many times before. And though he preferred to keep bizz and his personal life separated, it wouldn't hurt to impress his new replacements either. The Thunderdome rose up majestically from its surroundings near the former Alahambra High School. Originally intended to become a major league stadium. Nowadays it was mainly used to stage various Orxploitation related events. Kliko didn't care tonight. He used to come here for the same primordial bass currently ringing around the thunderdome's ferrocrete outer shell, but tonight would be strictly business... their fine clothing putting them even more out of line as opposed to the other meta humans walking about the ticket windows.

Skirting the thunderdome's outer shell they walked all the way around the back of the dome until they reached the abandoned set of trailers and containers used to haul the main - and support acts audio equipment. Here they finally set themselves up in one of the empty containers, relying on a magnetic white electrical light, providing a cold industrial look as opposed to the brightly colored laser show extruding form the Domes interior. Kliko barely managed to scrounge some plastic garden furniture to decorate the container and have a place to sit down before he had to send Bubba back for the ticket windows to welcome their guests...
ntwi
22:10:05 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez Thunderdome Parking Lot

With a soft sigh Felix returns his awareness to his physical body after watching the entrance to the Thunderdome in the astral and getting a feel for the mood and emotions of those present. 'I hope the worst of the mosh pits stay inside the dome there, that could get ugly for a little guy like me.' With a quick stretch and a pop from his shoulder, Felix climbs out of his car and locks it up. A quick request to his new (after sunset) air spirit to guard his vehicle from harm and he begins moving towards the entrance and the will call window.

The troll standing near the will call window, clearly uncomfortable in his suit, stood out to Felix and so it was no surprise when he was pointed to the troll when he asked about the tickets for Bubba.

"The name's Felix. I believe your compadres and I have some business to discuss?"
galenbd
13:22:44 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Jamie's Oakland doss

Arriving home, Jamie clears leather as she pulls out her mag key. After glancing around the residence hallway to make sure no one's around, she approaches her door. Slotting the key, she opens the door gun first. Letting the door slide shut, she scans the main room, then sweeps through the bedroom and bathroom making sure no one's in the apartment. Locking the door, she kicks off her shoes. Heading for the pot of soykaf she made that morning, she gives it a sniff. Still good. She pours it into a cup and sets another pot to brew.

She settles into the papasan chain, with her gun and coffee in the usual place. Hopefully Jaxx will respond soon. Laying her deck on her lap, she jacks in.

Jamie janders over to Eurocar promotional site. There's supposed to be an new injector spec for the Westwind 2000 turbo. I'm sure they're hoping it will close the performance gap between the Westwind and the SAAB Dynamit. Jamie fiddles with the promotional site a bit, before deciding that she'll have to see one in action before she decides which will be better.

13:58:02 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Jamie's Oakland doss

Jamie jacks out and logs onto her dumb terminal. She pulls up it's drawing app and text processor. Settling down, she starts working out how to upgrade her current Browse utility.

galenbd
14:12:35 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Jamie's Oakland doss
The text from Jaxx finally arrives. Where is the Martinez Thunderdome?

Jamie saves her design, then jacks into her deck. Jamie wanders over to the a couple of map sites to look up where the the Thunderdome is and it's BART connections. Next, she downloads screamsheets about it's decline. Following the chain a bit more, she pulls down promotional info on the recent events hosted at the Thunderdome. Jamie finds an isolated corner of the Matrix to work through the data. Hmmm, rough neighborhood. Looks like ganger style tonight.

Ok, camera's are next. Downloading a trial image recognition utility, Jamie scours the Matrix for pictures of the Thunderdome. Running them through the image parser, she starts laying it out camera locations and coverage angles. On the map, she works out a approach to the ticket office. Only one problem, there's camera on the ticket line. I hope they've handled that. Need a motorcycle helmet. Time to go shopping.

Jamie checks the clock on her deck. 14:52:31 I still have a couple of hours. Jacking out, Jamie sets her dumb terminal alarm and goes back to work on her design.

16:50:38 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Jamie's Oakland doss
The alarm goes off. Jamie finishes up her current chain of thought. She reviews her design strategy and takes some notes.

Jamie takes a quick shower, then throws on a blank tank top and some cargo pants. Tucking her baton and pistol into the pants pocket, she ties on some combat boots. She uploads her custom map into her headware.

Looking over at her deck, Jamie debates. Deck, no deck. Ok, no deck, but I will take the dataline tap and the dumb terminal. Jamie strides out, locking the door behind her.

Jamie spends the next three hours wandering around the city. She lays several back trails and checks to be sure she isn't followed. She picks up a motorcycle helmet in a hot rod store and a couple of wiz hair additions.

22:37:25 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez Thunderdome BART stop
Jamie steps off the bus carrying her new helmet. Walking a ways, Jamie fakes a cell phone call. She takes her time and looks around carefully. Seeing nothing untoward, she puts on her helmet.

Jamie walks her route keeping the cameras on her back. Once she gets in line, she takes off her helmet and slings it under her arm, keeping her back to the overhead camera as well as she can. The nice man at the ticket office pointed her over to a troll bouncer when she asked for Bubba.

Jamie janders over to the troll and smiles, "I'm Jamie. I'm supposed to meet Bubba."
Kliko
22:58:36 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez Thunderdome BART stop

The green skinned, blond hair weaved in two girly like tails -red lipstick fiercely overdone- female troll named Bertha slowly leaned over from her ticket booth eyeing Jamie carefully. "You lucky, meeting such a smart-looking man like Bubba. You hand him this scrap with my private LTG aye." ... 'Poor him, but hey, trolls need some love and affection too.... I guess...' Passing Jamie what looks like an old and crumpy ticket. "Anyway, he's right over there." Looking up she finds the giant alright, looking really out of place with a cheap suit. In fact he's rather hard to miss considering the main act fired up the crowd about a quarter of an hour ago, leaving the ticket booth area abandoned.

Bubba, clip-on tie hanging sloppy from a semi-open shirt, leads her around the Dome to the fartest corner exit where a small parking lot is filled with trucks, trailers and cargo containers spread in some or other logistical setup. Following the lumbering troll Jamie's paranoia kicks in overdrive. 'Its a setup, it must be!' She sees a faint light coming from inside one of the containers down at the parking lot, voices ringing inside. 'At least some people weren't masking their presence'. And at least the troll appeared relaxed, his back towards her. 'He seems trusting enough.'

23:05:42 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez Thunderdome supply area

The white light eradicated any prospect of coziness from the room. This was a place for doing bizz and even the furniture, bare disposable plastic seats you could find in any decent gardening outlet store, only served to further accentuate that atmoshere. Behind the table sat a single green-skinned ork, touches of grey hair combed backwards across an increasingly balding head and dressed in fine clothing. 'Yet another cheap suit screaming I'm a professional, and will kick your ass if you mess me up.' Assensing the character in front of him Felix realizes that whoever did the surgery on this chummer, they did a pretty fraggin job stuffing all that headware in a skull like his. Felix could see two faint grey wires running down to the base of Kliko's neck and the other even further down his arm towards his wrist. At least his mood appeared relaxed... 'Afterall, all I have to do when the drek hits the fan, is pull the pin of this gas grenade taped underneath the table and beat some sense in them.' Yeah, Kliko was feeling just fine...

"Finally, there you are." Kliko adressed Jamie "Please sit down. I have a proposition for the both of you. I'm not sure what our mutual friend told you about us, but we're basically what you might call a professional heavy-hitter crew." Confirming the runners first (or worst) impression. "... we're a professional crew and want to extend our skillset somewhat. J's pay top-premium for crews able to handle a wider range of operation. Now we invite you to join our little happy few and earn your fair share of that premium... Now before we proceed on the details... I need to know, are you in or are you out?

You don't like what you see? You're free to walk out of here and pray you never see any one of us again...."
galenbd
22:58:55 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez Thunderdome BART stop
Jamie takes ticket from Bretha, "Nothing like a sharp-dressed man, eh. Yeah, I'll pass it on."

After Bubba leads Jamie and Felix back to the container, she slips him the ticket. "The ticket troll asked me to pass this on." Jamie steps on in, smiling at his confusion.

23:06:36 Tuesday, 28 March 2062 - Martinez Thunderdome supply area
Jamie sits down in one of the chairs at the orc's direction. She sets her motorcycle helmet on the table looking in askance at the metal walls. She settles into the chair cautiously looking at the only exit at her back.

The ork lays out an introduction, if you can call it that. As a heavy-hitter crew, I assume they mean corporate targets

Jamie waits a beat, then responds, "I have a few questions." Without waiting for a response, Jamie rattles them off.
" Does this group have political connections? How heavy? Like, do you tangle with I Marines? Did you take care of the cameras outside? "

Her eyes roll up toward the ceiling, and back to the ork's face. "I think that's it."
Bastard
IC has been moved to the main Evolution IC in three posts.

Please move your IC comments there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012