Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's Start Here Shall We?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Buddha72
Howdy All!

I am trying my hand at another game here on DS. I have had one previous game that was a huge success (Extassis - feel free to check it out to get an idea of the type of game I run) and I am looking to have another great experience. Let's get on to the basics of the game. I will be looking for 4 to 6 players but I have 2 to 3 spots already reserved for long time players I run with.

SR4

Standard build points of 400

I am using the optional rule of free points for contacts of your character's unaugmented CHA x 2 and I am open to most of the optional rules in the SR4 universe so feel free to ask. I would prefer a book and page number as reference if you want to use one for ease of looking them up.

I am looking for people to post once a week minimum.

I know real life happens so there is some flex but if you don't post for two weeks without any attempt to let me know what's going on then I am dropping you. Because of that this thread will stay open throughout the game so I can recruit new players to replace any that disappear/drop off because as we all know it happens.

I award one point of karma per week with additional points given for roleplaying and story rewards. Basically when you all get things done or rolling in the game then I award you. As for options I am fine with regular characters and all the freaky stuff too (drakes, shifters, the infected, AIs etc). My only request is that you bring a character to the mix that's going to work with the premise of the game and can work with other people. I am NOT looking for semi-pyshco street samurais who are lone wolfs with cranial bombs looking to kill the next thing they see.

Qualities are fine but keep in mind I am not going to let a severe allergy to seawater into my game in the Mojave Desert. I will play them out - you get points for them so they will come up. Enemies will kick down your door, your kid sister will need a ride to school in the middle of a run etc. You get the drift.

Customized gear (weapons, guns, vehicles etc) are fine as long as they meet the availability restriction of 12 for character generation.

The premise is the group is being assembled to hunt down Yakuza and cripple their operations. Your character will need to be on board for that or I am just hitting the DELETE key on the submission. Your character will have receive some aid in the past from an unknown source. This will be expressed in one of the following ways:

One free skill at 6 (this would not count against the limit of only having one skill at 6)
Access to a beta clinic without the increased cost or availability (for char gen)
An extra 125,000 nuyen.gif
A free bonded Power or Weapon Foci Rating 3

Select one for your character and you can write it into your background anyway you want with the following restriction of not knowing why or who gave you the boon or help.

The feel of the game was going to be dark and gritty, somewhat inhuman at times. The game will start based in Seattle but will move to other parts of Asia to strike at the Yakuza so keep that in mind when picking contacts and gear.

Post any questions you have and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Fyndhal
I'm interested. I'll write up a character and PM it to you in the next few days.

First question: Martial Arts -- Quality or Assumed part of the Unarmed Combat skill?
Buddha72
Anyone posting here - somehow this posted twice so please look for the same thread title again and post there. Sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012