Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need help with Assensing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sheala
Well as farly new to SR, I made my first seriour character a mage... and I left intuition at 3 and assensing at 1. Ok, never do the same mistake as me smile.gif
well now I am in a situation when assensing becoming more and more critical, and the GM
is getting less lenient. So I want to ask you, are there any ways to help my poor Sonia(the mage's name) with assensing ?
of course with Karma available she will train it.
I was thinking about:
getting the drug Psyche (gives +1 to intuition)
getting help from friends (is it really possible ? smile.gif
summon spirits and let the assense for me
Any other ideas ?

Sephiroth
Having spirits assense for you is a good idea. Any spirit of force 3 or higher would be able to help you get by until you can raise your skill.
Machiavelli
Do not assense. ^^
Mooncrow
QUOTE (Sheala @ Aug 29 2010, 05:56 PM) *
Well as farly new to SR, I made my first seriour character a mage... and I left intuition at 3 and assensing at 1. Ok, never do the same mistake as me smile.gif
well now I am in a situation when assensing becoming more and more critical, and the GM
is getting less lenient. So I want to ask you, are there any ways to help my poor Sonia(the mage's name) with assensing ?
of course with Karma available she will train it.
I was thinking about:
getting the drug Psyche (gives +1 to intuition)
getting help from friends (is it really possible ? smile.gif
summon spirits and let the assense for me
Any other ideas ?

How is he making it more and more critical to assense, while being less and less lenient? While assensing is a useful skill, unless he's doing a ton of astral ambushes, or making it critical that you can read auras (both of which are pretty unfair if no one has a good assensing skill) you should be able to get by just fine.

Other than that, spend some time getting a high force spirit bound to you, and always have a swarm of watcher spirits (they may only roll two dice each, but several of them together will at least see something.
Wasabi
A sustained or quickened Increase [Intuition] spell. Its listed in the base book as Increase [Attribute] but learned as Increase [Intuition] or whatever stat that spell should buff. Its also targetable so you could buff a spirit with Increase [Willpower] or the team's Face with Increase [Charisma]. smile.gif
Makki
a spec Metahuman Auras was worth its weight in gold for my Druid
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012