Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Object Resistance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Halabis
For the purposes of missions play, what is the object resistance of a monowhip?
SaintHax
QUOTE (Halabis @ Aug 29 2010, 11:56 PM) *
For the purposes of missions play, what is the object resistance of a monowhip?

GM decides at your table by consulting the chart in the core book. SRM (thus far) doesn't micro-manage ruling to this level.
KarmaInferno
Either that or the GM makes it up on the spot to keep the game moving.

~karma
SaintHax
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Aug 30 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Either that or the GM makes it up on the spot to keep the game moving.

~karma

*lol* I didn't mean he had to consult at the table-- but that's the reference he's going to use as a starting point wink.gif
Halabis
As a mission GM, I would like to know. I know if it were up to me (a GM who will be running some missions at an upcoming convention, but has only been doing missions for about 3 years now) I would say it is OR 3 as a manufactured high tech object or material ( advanced plastics, alloys, electronic equipment, sensors), while a player in my local group (who has played many more missions than I have) swears up and down it would be OR 5+ as a Highly Processed Object (computer, complex toxic waste, drone or vehicle)

The very idea that what is essentially a chain of carbon atoms attached to a aluminum handle is as complex as a drone or computer (which more than likely contain large quantities of processed carbon atoms) seems ridiculous. I cant really make a ruling, because this is for a PC i intend to play in those mission games I am not running (and thus have not read) at aforementioned upcoming convention.
Yerameyahu
Shoot the difference and call it 4. smile.gif
SaintHax
I agree that it's a 5+ object. The idea is that it has to be highly processed to grow a monofiliment nanowire that can maintain enough tensil strength to be used as a weapon. Please note the "toxic waste" above. The finished product doesn't have to have a IC board, it just has to be highly processed and unnatural.
Zolhex
Just to toss my 2 nuyen worth in here as well.....

I'd rule it at a 5+ too as it is highly processed.
Yerameyahu
Given that we're talking about specifics, why are you guys still saying 5+? smile.gif Do you mean 5, or 6, or 7, or what?
Zolhex
Yerameyahu ~ We say 5+ cause different GM's may rule it differently.

By the book we see it as saying at least 5 as the Object Resistance table says an item of this kind is listed as haveing 5+.

The + in this case is on GM by GM basis so no one GM could make the call on this It would in my opinion be a 5 but for a hard set number all GM's would have to use Bull would need to pass final judgement.
Yerameyahu
Sure, but we're talking about what would you do, right? You wouldn't tell the player the monowhip is 5+. smile.gif
Zolhex
True I wouldn't say 5+ I'd say 5 with the added but next time a different Missions Gm may say more or less just so the person knows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012