Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Escape Room
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
JongWK
... those who enter here. wobble.gif
Fahr
this is evil....
Kanada Ten
80,000 people escaped the <white fluffy> room and the dancing man is mocking me! Argh.
Large Mike

This is very hard.
Fresno Bob
Done it before. The second ring is a bitch to find.
Austere Emancipator
So, uhh, the point is to click happily away at every pixel on every screen until you get out? Fun.
Austere Emancipator
Correction: The point is to click repeatedly at every pixel on every screen.
CirclMastr
I give up, where's the second ring?
Austere Emancipator
Click away happily at the curtain while it's open. Click up and down. Click a lot. When you've click every pixel on it, start again.

Can someone tell me just what I'm supposed to have in the right-side item row, 4th from the top, next to the cassette? I'm guessing a CD, but I clicked at every pixel on both the CD case (both open and closed, and with all separate items) and the CD player (both on and off, with CD tray open and closed, and with all separate items), and am starting to get ... slightly frustrated.
Fortune
Try looking behind the bed. wink.gif
Austere Emancipator
You mean that spot you get to by clicking the lower left floor opposite the window? Where you also find some other item, I can't remember what it was anymore? I clicked every single motherfucking pixel in that screen, trying to advance through it in different directions, paying special attention to border areas.

"There is no strange thing." Bullshit. I think it's pretty fucking strange that 80,500 people have bothered to click on even more pixels than me.
Fortune
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
You mean that spot you get to by clicking the lower left floor opposite the window?

Nope. Down near the foot of the bed, there is a spot that when you click moves you to a view of behind the bed (not under it). There you will find what you seek. smile.gif
Austere Emancipator
Not following you. AFAIK, there are 3 views that are close to the foot of the bed: The basic bed view (Pillow), the floor near window view (Nothing) and the back-end of the bed view (Thingumie).

Because the Thingumie view is the only one which shows the foot of the bed, I re-clicked everything within about 10 pixels of the actual foot of the bed. I've now clicked that view about 8,000 times, and am getting bored of it. The Nothing view is actually very small in area, and seems to hold absolutely nothing (at least nothing that shows up on ~2,000 random clicks to the general floor and wall area). The Pillow floor took only about ~1,500 random clicks, mainly to the border areas (mattress-wall, lower edge, front and back edges), so something small might be hidden there I guess.

Or are you talking about some other view entirely?
Austere Emancipator
[Edit]I'm such a cheater. On the other hand, I have serious doubts whether the other 80,500 people who escaped the room all did the average of ~20,000 clicks it requires to get the hell outta there.[/Edit]
Fortune
LOL! biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
....................*STAB*

~J
JongWK
*I... need... that... battery...*

I'll see if I can waste an hour or two this evening finding it. wink.gif
Nikoli
Okay, I got the little red box open and watched the video, but there doesn't seem to be anything else. I know the crosshairs has something to do with the empty wall, but what?
Stumps
I know this isn't topic related at all....but YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!! www.najai.com just simply sweet. eek.gif
XON2000
I'm stuck. I have both rings and the battery and cassette, but I don't know what to do now. How do you get the red box opened? I have the rings in place, but I can't get any item to do anything in the rectangular slot. I also have a blank space in my inventory, but can't find anything to fill it. Is it possible to look under the bed?
Kagetenshi
I've got everything but the item next to the cassette, unless there's another row underneath the rings. Still no idea how to open the box.

Also thinking that if this were me I'd just break the window and find some way to climb out that way.

~J
Nikoli
There is another item found in the bed side of the room, lift the pillow and click in that general area
Frag-o Delux
Not following you. AFAIK, there are 3 views that are close to the foot of the bed: The basic bed view (Pillow), the floor near window view (Nothing) and the back-end of the bed view (Thingumie).

Because the Thingumie view is the only one which shows the foot of the bed, I re-clicked everything within about 10 pixels of the actual foot of the bed. I've now clicked that view about 8,000 times, and am getting bored of it. The Nothing view is actually very small in area, and seems to hold absolutely nothing (at least nothing that shows up on ~2,000 random clicks to the general floor and wall area). The Pillow floor took only about ~1,500 random clicks, mainly to the border areas (mattress-wall, lower edge, front and back edges), so something small might be hidden there I guess.

Or are you talking about some other view entirely?

The foot of the bed reffers to where your feet are when you sleep in it. If you can find the way to look at the bed from there looking back at the pillow side ther is something between the wall and matress.
Austere Emancipator
Well, I got out of there already. And the spot is most certainly not in the view from the feet-end of the back between the mattress and the wall.

Unless the fucking thing actually randomizes the location of some of the pixels. That would be sweet. indifferent.gif
Nikoli
So, where was the spot?
Austere Emancipator
Well, fuck, if I had to cramp my finger for 15 straight minutes to find, then you'll have to, too.

I seriously suggest everyone to Google for right combination, though.
Frag-o Delux
Well, I got out of there already. And the spot is most certainly not in the view from the feet-end of the back between the mattress and the wall.

Unless the fucking thing actually randomizes the location of some of the pixels. That would be sweet. indifferent.gif

That is where I found the battery.
Kagetenshi
Still not finding what you do with the crosshairs from the video projector...

~J
XON2000
Wait until the dancing guy video stops and then click on where the crosshairs had been a few times. I think that you have to wait for the video to stop completely, or it won't work. Also, if you move your view away from the wall, you'll have to play the video again to enable the clickable spot on the wall.
Kagetenshi
Ah yes, that was it. Am I missing something, or is there nothing to do but brute-force the safe?

~J
Nikoli
Go to the URL on the note.
I just made it out. Man that was interesting.
Kagetenshi
Just got out myself. Using my new-found freedom to go stab people.

~J
Lilt
That was shit. Limiting the area you can mve in and hiding where you need to click is just cheap. It's only difficult because the interface is so poor, and the fact that you need to open the curtain whilst you look down beside the bed is just stupid.

There will some-day be books written on how bad this game (and others that use similar cheap and annoying tricks) is. In-fact there may be some already. I know people who are doing PHDs in computer-game design (well: "Interactive Narrative") who plan to write books on it some day.
Kagetenshi
Oh, it's not so bad as compared to some. If you want masterful puzzlecraft, though, take a look yonder at CLiFF Johnson's website. The Fool's Errand and 3 in Three are wonderful, At The Carnival less so but still fun.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012