Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How would Horizon spin this?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanRay
Batman impersonator arrested by LAPD.
Doc Chase
I'd write a better story, for one. Cripes, that's horrible.

Kyrel
If you'd want to stay true to the core of the story, that the actors are being arrested, because they apparantly "beg" people for money, then I don't really have a good idea on how to spin the story.

But if you just want to come up with some good arguments for why a vigilante like Batman should be arrested by the police, then that's another story. After all, we are talking about an armed lunatic that operates outside the law, and who does not recognize the long established fact that the law accord citicens with a number of civil rights, including protection from assault, threat and intimidation, violence, abduction, right to legal representation etc. Additionally, this caped maniac is known to carry any number of unlicensed types of equipment, lots of it either potentially lethal or suspected to enable the user to invade the privacy of private citicens! Furthermore, even if believe that this masked vigilante only assaults those individuals that break the law, and want to equate him to a regular law enforcement, then you have to own up to the fact that this "Batman" is operating without a licence, and does so for free. The fact that he operates without charging anything for the service, is simply an unfair businesspractice, which in the long run will lead to a monopoly situation within the law enforcement area, since decent companies like Lone Star and Knights Errants can not operate for free. Forcing these companies to compete with an entity that charges nothing for his services, which clearly overlaps their area of operation, is clearly a breach of several counts of ethical business practices, and unlawful. Finally, the masked menace is infringing on the territory legally assigned to a law enforcent agency, which has won the right to patrol the area through the long well established practice of bidding for the project.
No matter how wellmeaning this carnival clown might be, an orderly society simply can not accept or survive in the long run, if people elect to blatantly flaunt and ignore the law, simply because they believe they can do a better job at something, or because they don't agree with the law on a particular issue. If we allow one such misguided individual to roam the streets at will, flauting the law, it furthermore sets a very unfortunate legal precident, which will ultimately lead to the complete breakdown of the orderly society, reducing the world to a state of complete anarchy where there are no laws.

wink.gif
suoq
I figured they arrested him for not broadcasting a legal SIN.
IcyCool
QUOTE (suoq @ Sep 1 2010, 04:04 PM) *
I figured they arrested him for not broadcasting a legal SIN.

Nah, they arrested him for his own protection. He's a Batman impersonator. Lucky for him, they just managed to get to him before Batman did. wink.gif
CanRay
Or, worse, The Joker.
StealthSigma
The final line of that article was my favorite.

It was way back in the year of 2007, when Superman impersonator was arrested for using a portable lavatory that was meant for a group of union workers.

To be fair, Superman has a history of being a dick. I bet the union workers didn't want him destroying their portable lavatory or hatching some cruel practical joke that involved it.
CanRay
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 1 2010, 01:04 PM) *
To be fair, Superman has a history of being a dick. I bet the union workers didn't want him destroying their portable lavatory or hatching some cruel practical joke that involved it.

Or defecating some strange colour of Radioactive Kryptonite that would give people cancer.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 1 2010, 06:13 PM) *
Or defecating some strange colour of Radioactive Kryptonite that would give people cancer.

Strange color? Regular Kryptonite's green. nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
Yeah, and there's been all the hues going, including pink kryptonite, which turned Superman gay.

I. Wish. I. Was. Kidding.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Sep 1 2010, 02:16 PM) *
Strange color? Regular Kryptonite's green. nyahnyah.gif

I'm fairly certain there's many types of Kryptonite.

Pink Kryptonite : From Supergirl (vol. 4) #79, an alternate timeline in a 2003 Supergirl storyline by Peter David. It affected the Superman of this reality; one of the results is Superman giving flattering compliments to Jimmy Olsen about his wardrobe and decorative sense. It spoofs the more "innocent times" of the Silver Age; Lois Lane is depicted in this story as not understanding what has gotten into Superman.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 1 2010, 07:28 PM) *
I'm fairly certain there's many types of Kryptonite.

I was going for toilet humor - I've heard about all the fancy Kryptonites. I'm waiting for Ruby and Emerald so I can complete my Pokemon Kryptonite collection. biggrin.gif

Snow_Fox
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 1 2010, 02:27 PM) *
Yeah, and there's been all the hues going, including pink kryptonite, which turned Superman gay.

I. Wish. I. Was. Kidding.

OMG rotfl.gif silly.gif rotfl.gif

The article is poorly done. The police claim they were loitering, but the article seemed to imply these guys are regulars there- entertainment for the tourist trade so what made 5this day different than others?

Horizon could spin it either was, 'why were they picked up? OR local police again iniflict their jackboots upon the backside of the entertainment indusatry and stomp on the necks of hard working men!

Seriously though, wouldn't you just love to see these guys in the lock up? Some guy is sitting in the cell and in they bring Batman, Superman and Donald freaking Duck! "That's it, I swear to GOD! I'm getting clean"
Fabe
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 1 2010, 02:04 PM) *
The final line of that article was my favorite.

Yes Superman is indeed a dick for those of you who haven't seen the prof here it is.
CanRay

No wonder people like Batman better!
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 4 2010, 04:51 PM) *

No wonder people like Batman better!

Batman isn't gay. It's just very hard to disprove....
Patrick Goodman
How do you arrest Batman? Very, very carefully, one would think.
CanRay
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 7 2010, 07:05 AM) *
Batman isn't gay. It's just very hard to disprove....

"Robin, do you think this costume is gay?" "Holy Pride Parade, Batman, it certainly is not!" "Thank you, Rob... WAIT! Look at how you're dressed! I'm going to get a second opinion. ALFRED!"

nyahnyah.gif
Dumori
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 7 2010, 01:48 PM) *
"Robin, do you think this costume is gay?" "Holy Pride Parade, Batman, it certainly is not!" "Thank you, Rob... WAIT! Look at how you're dressed! I'm going to get a second opinion. ALFRED!"

nyahnyah.gif

This is amusing. I like this. Muchly.
Snow_Fox
yeah i mean superman had lois lane and lana lang but batman never had a regular g/f. hung out with a young boy, they both wore tightsd. seriously, this should have child protective services all over it
Summerstorm
QUOTE (Dumori @ Sep 7 2010, 04:12 PM) *
This is amusing. I like this. Muchly.

HM... clearly inspired by this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W19wr5rXVHk
Batman & Robin are at 0:45...
CanRay
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Sep 7 2010, 08:38 PM) *
yeah i mean superman had lois lane and lana lang but batman never had a regular g/f. hung out with a young boy, they both wore tightsd. seriously, this should have child protective services all over it

You mean other than having him in a cave full of possibly rabid bats?

This is mentioned in the Justice League cartoons, BTW, with Wonder Woman hitting on him. He explains that if his enemies ever found out about them, her life would be in danger. She crushes a gargoyle and says, "Next."

Then he gets into being a rich kid with issues. "Lots of issues." And then she gets changed into a Pig.

IIRC, They were supposed to have The Joker in that episode, but ran out of budget for voice actors, and are really kicking themselves over it.

QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Sep 7 2010, 08:45 PM) *
HM... clearly inspired by this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W19wr5rXVHk
Batman & Robin are at 0:45...

Never claimed it was mine. nyahnyah.gif
Kid Chameleon
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Sep 7 2010, 07:38 PM) *

He's got a thing for bad girls. That Selena Kyle....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012