Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aztlan : The Rebellion!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Sphynx
Ok, in a most likely futile effort to get things started on this forum to allow online forum rping, (so that MAYBE one day I can join a game online, since they fill up so fast I never get a chance nyahnyah.gif), I will run a forum based game here. Send me a PM of your character. Those of you who play in my other online game, let those that don't have an online game apply first please. Then, as people see how a forum game is run, maybe we'll start seeing more (and maybe I'll get some leniency and people will invite me to join one instead of me having to be here the hour it's posted to join up nyahnyah.gif).

Anyhows, make a character, you'll be in Aztlan (going to run a game that will actually interact with the other online team). ANY thing you want to play is acceptable, however I should warn you, any pure-decker or Otaku types will find their skills never have use as this'll be a mostly jungle based game with Runs against both military units/stations and Aztlan buildings which are mostly Rigger-Security, not Matrix. Some decking will be good for Info, but not for the meat of the game.

Post here AFTER you've turned in a character to me stating what type of character you are (players do tend to try avoiding repeat characters, this helps them, though I don't mind if everyone is extremely similar or if they're complete opposites, I form the game around the players, not the players around the game). Also post a complete description of yourself when people look at you.

The game will run once a day. I'll post in "MY" morning hours, and 24 hours later, will read your posts and then post again with what happened based on your actions. There won't be dice rolling, I'll most likely use the Probability Chart to determine success. (I'll be moving again this weekend, so that link will be unavailabe for about 6 hours at some point today).

If interested, do as instructed here. wink.gif

Sphynx
krishcane
Should I assume that characters should be made according to standard rules? In other words, is it 123 build points? Priority system? You don't care? 500 build points? wink.gif

--K
TheOneRonin
Hehe, I tried that, but Sphynx wasn't game (actually, 150BP as opposed to 500). The rules he gave me are 128 BP and no custom gear (stuff not found in canon).
Lilt
I don't have any plans of playing in this game (I doubt it would be allowed) but I'd just like to offer this:
That probability chart looks fine, but it dosen't have any measure of multiple successes. Could I suggest using the Shadowrun dice roll Probability Calculator?
sandman2050
Sent ya a PM Sphynx. Hope I can join biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
You've really got it in for the Azzies, eh Sphynx?

~J
Sphynx
Clarifications.

If you use the BP system (any system is ok, including Priority-10), 128 BP is the limit.

May use char-gen rules from MitS, BBB/SR3, CC, SrC, M&M, YotC (Surge), SotA.

Should read the House Rules I use at http://shadowrun.i-sphynx.com

I'll be working on a ForumsHouseRule for how to handle Forums, and it will be a diceless game. Stats will be unaffected. (See my post on the main Shadowrun Forum for a start on what those rules will entail.)

And Kage, nah, it's just easier to run multiple games if the themes are similar and more interesting still if players who know each other can chat to each other about their 'side' of the same fight (You'll all be in the same game world, same dates, etc, and will run into each other).

Sphynx
TheScamp
So, we'd be using standard Availability rules for gear and cyber?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012