Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for group on the internet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Randomonioum
For a few weeks now, I have been trying to get a group of my friends to play shadowrun with me, to varying degrees of success. In other words, none. I gave up, and am now looking for a group over the internet.

I have very little experience with the system, from lack of use, but I have read all of the core books to a reasonable degree. I'm willing to GM if needs be, but I am, again, not that experienced. I have the fundamentals down, basically, but no use to back it up. I can play the game, but some details I will need hep with.

I'm willing to play to, well, any standards. I have nothing to hold it to any way. Time is not really an issue, I can play from around 6PM GMT through to around 1-2AM GMT. I can get anything needed to play, but at the moment I have skype and vassal. I have all the core books, and, again, I have read through them all at least once.

In short, I am up for practically anything, really. I hope that someone has a place for me in their game.

EDIT: Just realized I missed out a MAJOR, MAJOR point. I have the older editions, but I haven't had a chance to look through those yet. It's 4th ed I have read through. Sorry, I'm used to playing 40k, where everyone uses the newest edition.
Platinum
If you are looking to play some classic shadowrun 2, we have room for you as a player. We usually take turns being GM, so you can exercise that muscle as well.
Randomonioum
I'd be up for it, sure. I was intending to play 4th ed, but what the heck, it'll be fun. I've edited my post, though, so I'm not sure if you'd still want someone who has less familiarity with those rules. Also, were you planning on using text or voice?
Platinum
we use a combination of both. Mainly voice, because it runs so much smoother. We do use text for tracking links on google maps, images, and other notes.
Randomonioum
In which case, I'll need to pick up a mic at some point. Is the game running currently, or is it still in the planning stages? Do you use anything special for dice rolls? Man, I feel like I'm really grilling you. I just ask a load of questions.
Platinum
questions are great.

Mics are great.

We have run a few sessions and are about the embark on another.

For dice rolling we work 2 ways. mainly, honor system, but we can share screens in skype, and share an application called omnihedron by wordman. I am a huge fan.

I also have the domain shadowrun2.com and have a dice roller on there that will show a list of all the rolls and their result.

For maps I wrote an application a while ago that lets someone upload an image then you click and a dot will move to that point. I don;t have this running at the moment.

I peronsally use photoshop and layers to explain for people. Then share the screen so they can see.
Randomonioum
Ok, I guess I'm in. I'll pick up a mic within a week or so, and I'll read the 2nd ed books until we start. Can you message me any details I need to know?
XavTango
How is this progressing? Is there room for one more?

I haven't played in a couple years and have been trying to convince my friends to play but they are reluctant.
Platinum
QUOTE (XavTango @ Sep 27 2010, 12:19 PM) *
How is this progressing? Is there room for one more?

I haven't played in a couple years and have been trying to convince my friends to play but they are reluctant.

Just waiting on a character. The GM is out of town till this weekend. I am thinking of just running some solo stuff. Kinda stuck in borderlands.

Pretty sure there will be room for one more. What are you thinking of playing? Do you have an old char you want to resurrect?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012