Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doc Wagon competitors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sabs
I remember there being an couple of European Competitors to Doc Wagon.. including one whose name is in french?

It's Sante' Something? I don't remember. Can anyone point me in a direction (or a book) where I could find that info?
Angelone
I believe the answers you're looking for are in Shadows of Europe. Unfortunately I can't find my copy. There are multiple competitors, DeMeKo or something simular is based out of the AGS. Can't remember off the top of my head any others but Crashcart and I'm not sure if they are active in Europe or at all anymore.

EDIT- Augmention lists them on pages 12 and 13. Info-Sante (Ares), BuMoNA (AG Chemie), EuroMedis (ZetaImpChem), and Careline are active in Europe.
CanRay
CrashCart was brought back by Evo after Crash 2.0 (Or thereabouts). Guess they figured enough time had gone by that even Shadow people had forgotten about the Bugs...
Minchandre
Per the Shadows books, an awful lot of nations have local DocWagon competitors, some of which appear to be run at least in part by the government. For example, the French one is SAMU (I can't find what that acronym stands for, but starting with "Santé" ("Health") is definitely a possibility.) Per SoE, SAMU is in fact a national medical service. Similarly, in Israel the medical response is still Magen David Adom ("Red Star of David"), a nonprofit currently associated with the International Red Cross.
suoq
IIRC, Berlin has the Black Cross (anarchist ambulance service).
Nath
QUOTE (Minchandre @ Sep 12 2010, 10:28 PM) *
For example, the French one is SAMU (I can't find what that acronym stands for, but starting with "Santé" ("Health") is definitely a possibility.)

Nowadays, SAMU stands for Service d'Aide Médicale Urgente [Urgent Medical Aid Service]. In SoE the acronym meaning was changed to Service Armé Médical d'Urgence, [Emergency Armed Medical Service].
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012