Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Android Apps ?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Delarn
Any of you knows about a chargen for Android phones ?
DamienKnight
QUOTE (Delarn @ Sep 13 2010, 08:36 AM) *
Any of you knows about a chargen for Android phones ?

Does your droid support spreadsheets? The SR4CG_DK has a mobile sheet, which is an easy way of listing character stats in a small view area. Basically a list of major stats down the page.

If you want to create characters while on a mobile phone, I do not believe there is anything out there for SR4 that supports that.
TheScrivener
Yeah, as DK suggests in the sheet, copy the first 2 columns of the Mobile Charsheet from his generator into a blank Excel workbook, sync it with your Dropbox (invaluable if you're an Android user) and view with Quickoffice. Super easy to keep updated from your home PC, since anything copied to Dropbox syncs with your phone in a few seconds.

For other help, the Pocket RPG Helper app has a condition monitor, ammo tracker, and dice roller compatible with SR4 rules, as well as a half-dozen other game systems. It's pretty basic but user friendly.

All of the apps I've referenced are available through the App Market or AppBrain for free (though the full version of Quickoffice is ten bucks, download EStrongs or ASTRO file managers and they come with the 'lite' version which will view xlsx, docx, and pdf files just fine)

I really couldn't recommend trying to keep track of the dozens of variables for actual character generation on a 2-4 inch screen. If you don't have access to a full PC, do it longhand and enter your relevant stats into the Pocket RPG app.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012