Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boston, MA looking for game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
XavTango
Anyone in the greater Boston area want to get a game up and running? I have been trying to introduce my other gaming group (4e D&D mostly) to SR but they have been very reluctant to leave 4e. I am not really enjoying 4e and would love to get back into SR. I have not played SR4 having only played v2 and v3. Its possible I could bring 1 or 2 with me to play.

I am not anywhere knowledgeable to GM a game but after time would probably want to GM depending on the group dynamics.
Jame J
I would like to play. I can also see if any of the others I play with are interested.
XavTango
That would be great. I think one or two from my group may be interested as well. I will see what they say. It would be nice to get something up and running at some point.
Jame J
Sure. Let me know what happens.
XavTango
It looks like (unfortunately) D&D 4e is still reigning supreme on a weekly basis..But I think there might be some traction for a once a month SR game...I think a few would be interested. Your thoughts?
Jame J
Monthly sounds good, as we have other games too. Though only one of my group is interested.

Where would you want to meet (I ask as I have no car). Would you mind trying the Hobby Bunker in Malden?
XavTango
Are you or your friend going to be the GM? I imagine Malden could work though most of the gamers take the T which I think doesn't go to Malden does it? Right now we play a weekly game in Medford near 93 which is pretty close by.
Jame J
Neither of us plan to GM - I had been under the impression that you would. We can figure that out, of course. But the T does go to Malden; the Orange line goes to Malden Center, which is a few blocks from the Bunker, and there are a few buses.
XavTango
In my very first post I said I have never even played 4th Ed. Only earlier editions.
Jame J
Well, I'm sure we could work something out. If you'd like to set something up give me a PM.
Jame J
Or not...
XavTango
Sent you PM...
Jame J
Got it and replied.

There are a couple other websites we can post to and see about other players if you like.
etherial
I had an occasional game out in Marlborough that I ran last winter that might be starting up again.
Jame J
I would be interested if there's any way to hold it closer to Lynn (Malden, Boston, Revere and so forth).
XavTango
My current D&D 4e group is going through an identity crisis now..I am trying to steer them to SR so I might have a few guys more interested soon...

I am interested regardless of my friends. We just gotta chat about when/where/ and who's gonna GM.
Jame J
I'm willing to run a few sessions, if you don't mind using the Missions that they put out way back in 2006.

Anyways, shoot me another PM and we can exchange emails.
XavTango
jame J: Just got most of the SR4 books...a couple in my group have them now as well so let me get back to you once I can get them to digest this stuff but as of right now I am hoping to get something started in a few weeks at the latest.

Etherial: You looking to get into a game? you looking to run one?
Jame J
QUOTE (XavTango @ Oct 28 2010, 11:39 AM) *
jame J: Just got most of the SR4 books...a couple in my group have them now as well so let me get back to you once I can get them to digest this stuff but as of right now I am hoping to get something started in a few weeks at the latest.

Cool. Let me know how what happens!
XavTango
I have a few guys willing to give it a shot. None of us have played SR4 before (though the terminology seems to be pretty much the same as SR3) but I am going to run something basic so people can get the feel for it. I dont know where we are playing or what day yet...possibly the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. I will keep you updated as it goes on, hopefully as something legit fleshes out. Not sure how many are gonna play so not sure how many I am looking for....but a couple at least I imagine.
etherial
QUOTE (XavTango @ Oct 28 2010, 11:39 AM) *

Etherial: You looking to get into a game? you looking to run one?

Not weekly. I'm looking to get someone other than me to run our "occasional" game occasionally.
XavTango
My game would be monthly most likely. Working on all the details now...
Jame J
QUOTE (XavTango @ Nov 3 2010, 01:27 PM) *
I have a few guys willing to give it a shot. None of us have played SR4 before (though the terminology seems to be pretty much the same as SR3) but I am going to run something basic so people can get the feel for it. I dont know where we are playing or what day yet...possibly the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. I will keep you updated as it goes on, hopefully as something legit fleshes out. Not sure how many are gonna play so not sure how many I am looking for....but a couple at least I imagine.

I can do it best if it's in Malden, or close to Lynn.
Orkimedes
Hey guys

I'd totally be interested in playing SR4; I've been dying to try a game of Shadowrun. Never been able to get a game together despite loving it for years. I'd definetly be up for a game somewhere around Boston.

Malden's doable if it's T accessible, but I'd like somewhere more in the city. But whatever, Shadowrun!

Let me know!
Jame J
QUOTE (Orkimedes @ Nov 22 2010, 10:10 PM) *
Hey guys

I'd totally be interested in playing SR4; I've been dying to try a game of Shadowrun. Never been able to get a game together despite loving it for years. I'd definetly be up for a game somewhere around Boston.

Malden's doable if it's T accessible, but I'd like somewhere more in the city. But whatever, Shadowrun!

Let me know!

Malden is quite T-accessible; indeed, the Malden Center T stop is a few blocks away from a game shop called the Hobby Bunker. And I'm certainly up for a game! Let me know when you can make it.

Hey XavTango - you still out there?
XavTango
Yeah still here. I ran an intro session last week for my D&D friends to try and get them familiar with the system at least. Response has been pretty good so there might be a future for the game. As for whether or not I need players for the game that is still up in the air. Because its only once a month to begin with and because of finals and Christmas season it doesn't look like we are gonna play at all in December unfortunately. But I had 5 players which is pretty good party size. That could change though so I will definitely keep you guys in the loop.
Jame J
Well, if you don't mind having a drop-in player, maybe I could join for a session and see how that works - I very much enjoy SR and would like to get in on a game, even for one session.
XavTango
Unfortunately due to holidays and school breaks no games till January. No dates set yet.

If you get a game going let me know. Playing once a month (though better than nothing) sucks.
Jame J
QUOTE (XavTango @ Dec 20 2010, 11:16 AM) *
Unfortunately due to holidays and school breaks no games till January. No dates set yet.

If you get a game going let me know. Playing once a month (though better than nothing) sucks.

When you have something let me know. Even if it turns out that your group is big without me I'd like to drop in once or twice so we can figure it out.
Just PM me here when you do and we can set something up.
Jame J
Well, here I am still looking for more players in the North Shore of Boston area. If anyone would like more info send me a PM here and we can set something up.
gwax
PM Sent
Jame J
QUOTE (gwax @ May 1 2011, 03:55 PM) *
PM Sent

Got it. Check your inbox. cyber.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012