Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deep Vengeance...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Buddha72
Kat D
The monk seems to take a moment after you speak to him before replying.

"Yes I can help you. The meeting is in the small house on the pond in the gardens behind the temple. I was told of your coming today and I must ask that you leave any weapons behind in a place we have set aside for them. Please follow me."

He walks to a room just off the entrance and draws aside a tapestry that was concealing a bank of high tech lockers with what appears to be at least two different locking mechanisms on them.

"The lockers have a sensor plate to capture your palm print and then simply enter a 10 digit code to secure your belongings. Simply select one that is not in use. When you have stored what items you need to the garden is through the wooden double doors just outside this room."

He bows deeply to you and leaves with a slow and measured pace.
Buddha72
Twist
You exit the pai gow parlor and feel the burning in your eyes from the exposure to cleaner air and natural light. You walk the short distance to the temple and begin to climb the steps when a young monk beckons you over to him.

"Welcome. How may I help you today?" His bow is respectful and his English crisp and clippped - obviously not his native language.
Buddha72
Webcrawler
As you send the inquiry to the simple node housed in the temple a simple single bell tone rings out. A simple text line is your reply that slowly translates into several Asian languages and then English.

Please direct all questions to the brothers and sisters of the temple.
JxJxA
Zerone cocks his head at the young boy's question, considering exactly why he had come.

Speak truthfully, my friend. The answers to his question are on the tip of your tongue.

Zerone clears his throat, and answers the child slowly while hoping that the linguasoft program works.

"I am here because someone left me a message at my home that told me to come here, and I wish to find out what they want of me. Perhaps you know whom might have called me?"
Dreadsister
webcrawler looks around to find someone who fits the bill as a monk or nun. when he spots a nun he asks if someone may have been expecting him and where they may be located, as well as if there is secure storage for some gear.
Fyndhal
Twist bows politely to the monk, and replies to him in Japanese:

"I recieved an invitation to meet with someone here at noon. Could you assist me in this matter or perhaps point me to someone who can?"
UmaroVI
Fat Man thanked the nun, and followed her directions. He pulled his collapsible staff out of the pocket where he kept it and left it in the locker. He also decided this would be a good time to drop the masking spell, now that he'd be out of sight from outside visitors - odds were someone at the meeting could see through it anyways, and this way he'd be able to focus more clearly. Fat Man then headed to the garden as directed. He did keep an eye out for anything out of place on the Astral, such as the guardian James had mentioned.
Notsoevildm
Eklipse chooses a locker big enough for his duffel bag of gear and pushes it inside, adding his helmet on top. He considers adding his duster to the pile, but can almost feel the S-K logo burning into his back, marking him as a target to any runners and more importantly to his former employer. Not a good idea.

He closes the locker and types in a passcode: HeidiKlein. Ten digits. Coincidence or destiny? He feels more calm and centred than he has in years. Taking a deep cleansing breath, he gives a short bow to the monk and pushes through the doors into the garden.

As he strolls around the garden towards the pond, he watches the brightly garbed nuns and monks tending to chores. But he also notices a few other individuals who, like him, don't fit in and scan around them with that edgy awareness of security personnel or shadowrunners. He stops by the pond, seeking shelter from the sun under the protective branches of a tree.

He has to resist a smile. This has to be most ridiculous situation he has ever gotten himself into. He is on the run from his corp and is about to go into a meeting with an unknown person who is likely responsible for the killings on the trideo, who knows more about him than he does about them, and with a bunch of shadowrunners who are likely to kill him quicker than the dragon if they find out who he is. The smile forces its way past his lips despite his efforts. Great, now I look like an idiot as well.

As midday approaches and the other strangers converge on the small house, he stifles a big yawn and moves out of the shade to join them.
Branmac
Spats runs back the digital record of the crawler drones actions and thinks on them for a moment.

Hmmm, little creeper is out of place. Funny way to act, setting bugs? Sweeping bugs? I should probably just ignore it, don't want to be late for what is happening, whatever that is.

Another quick scan of the drones recording and then a quick look around to see what the street traffic looks like and a small shrug followed by a grin.

Never could pass up a challenge and momma always said I have no sense of self protection. Lets see what that little guy is really up to...

Flipping open a mental image screen of the local matrix he does a quick shuffle of his forms, giving them all a quick mental pat on the back for luck. Reaching for the ones and zeros that make everything work he concentrates for a moment working to draw the dark places and shadows of the matrix tighter around his persona.
Once the shadows and misdirection stabilized it was time to move in on the crawler.

knock knock, open the door.

With the song of the matrix playing in his ears Spats started pushing his Exploit form into the tiny drones firewall, looking for a door, a path, a key....

might as well push all the way. Admin is the best, if it turns out to be a problem I will need that anyway...

System protocol access enable:Admin

come on buddy, let me in little guy, we are going to be good chummers. I just know it!
Buddha72
Zerone
The child listens with a singular focus as you speak.

"My teachers would say you are here because you must be here - there is no where else for you to be but here and now. As to who I do not know but I can guess. A young Elven woman is at the temple today and is holding a gathering at the house in the garden. It seems unlikely one of the brothers or sisters ask for you so it must be her you called you here. We were told to look for strangers to the temple and to direct them to the house and asking them to leave any weapons they have outside the sanctuary. There is a room just inside the entrance that has a place to securely store any such items. Sadly that is the only clarity I can provide you with this day."

He maintains eye contact the entire time and his face is compassionate but young. You sense a restlessness beneath the surface of calm he cultivates while sitting still on the bench.
Buddha72
Webcrawler
A nun on the steps to the temple working on removing graffiti from the concrete pauses for a moment when you ask your questions. She places the brush in the small pan of soapy water and rises to her feet.

"Not a problem. There was an announcement at breakfast that people might be coming to the temple for a gathering in the garden. In the back of the temple there is a pond and beside it a small house - that is where you are to meet. As you enter the temple there is a room off to the left side to store items and we ask that you bring no weapons into the sanctuary. The lockers are behind a tapestry and are quite secure so your things will be safe there. When you exit that room directly across from it are a set of double doors that lead out into the garden. You should be able to see the house once there."

She bows deeply after making sure her directions and instructions seem clear and understood.
JxJxA
Zerone gives the child a soft smile and a grateful nod.

"Thank you very much, as that was more than I had hoped to learn. I will go to this woman after I drop off my taser and power focus."

Zerone stands, straightens his clothes, and makes his way to the meeting.

This promises to make for a most interesting day, he thinks to himself as he enters the temple.
Buddha72
Twist
His face lights up at your question.

"I knew you must be one of the visitors mentioned at breakfast. I am pleased to help you this morning. The meeting is being held in the house near the pond in the gardens behind the temple. The woman who is hosting the gathering is interesting I think - many of the younger brothers and sisters want to talk to her but she seems preoccupied and the older members of the community suggested leaving her to her business."

As he talks he turns with little indication to follow him as he makes his way up the temple steps. He turns to keep talking to you and a deep blush washes over his face.

"I am sorry, please follow me. I was told to inform you that we ask that no weapons be brought into the temple proper. One of the older friends to the temple has provided a room just off the entrance where such things can be left safe and sound."

He eagerly guides you to a small room and with no little amount of drama draws back a tapestry in a grand gesture.

"See your things will be well hidden and I have been told these lockers are very difficult to break into. Set the security system to you and leave any items you want in it and then retrieve them at the end of your stay."

He reluctantly leaves you alone in the room and eagerly resumes his conversation.

"The garden is through those double doors and you cannot miss the house near the back wall."

He bows deeply with his eyes lingering on you as he tries to memorize everything about you and this encounter.
Fyndhal
Twist smiles at his enthusiasm and makes no attempt to hide the customized Predator IV she pulls out and places in the locker. Closing the door, she seals it with her palmprint and a random 10 number code she stores on her skinlinked Commlink. She then turns back to the young monk.

"Do you know who the woman who awaits me in the house is? I admit to some curiousity about this. Will you walk with me and tell me what you've seen?"

Whether he agrees or not, Twist makes her way to the house and, then enters to await the meeting.
Buddha72
Twist
He opens the door for you and follows behind shutting it gently. He nods to few of the younger monks working in the garden not quite able to keep the triumphant smile from his face.

"She is an elf and looks young but it is difficult to say her real age. She seems fond of technology and left quite a few tiny drones in the secure lockers. She is a friend of a friend to the temple. She arrived on a hover device of some kind I think custom built. She was nervous but polite."

He seems to select a very round about way to the house in the back of the garden - almost parading you around the garden for every one to see. A few of the elder members of the community either frown at the obvious display or shake their heads ruefully.
Buddha72
Spats
You feel the flows of forms move over the small drone and begin to ease their way past its simpler defenses when a single wave of resonance sweeps over you and down through your body. You watch as the forms you threaded hang impossibly still and your awareness is somehow limited to a single expression of a deep void within your mind. The matrix around you feels tempered and held tight - something has a hold here and has imposed its will on this reality. You feel the absurdity of it reach a peak when a small white almost cartoonish white rabbit hops into existence. Like an outdated cartoon a thought bubble forms above the creature's head.

What r ya doing?
WearzManySkins
"Thank your for your assistance." Kat D replies as the monk walks away.

Kat D chooses an empty locker, places his Ares Predator into the locker along with the extra clips. Hangs up his jacket, revealing his Red Hawaiian Jungle Bird Patterned Shirt. Smooths out his Dark Green Pleated Slacks with wide cuffs. Removes comm link and places into left shirt pocket.

Bones: Random 10 digit number please, remember this for me also.

Enters in the 10 digit number string supplied by Bones, places his left palm in the reader, when beeps removes palm

Interesting place so far, but the meeting should prove to be different cultural setting I believe.

Walks thru the double wooden doors, and into the garden. Stands momentarily while he does a slow look around the gardens, pond and the small house.
Fenris
Ayo's ears twitched at the clipped, precise sound of the language. Precision, accuracy, these were important traits above all else. His lack of the language bothered him at times, but the streets were a poor place to learn anything not tied directly to survival.

He follows the monk in, grimacing at distaste as he puts his weapons into the locker. Stripping the glove off his hand to put a hand print on the scanner, he watches the monk for any signs of discomfort or surprise at the sight of the 5 fingered hand covered in fur, or the small stripes of bone spikes that adorned the back, running from each knuckle back to his wrist. He flexes it once before pulling the tight glove back on, keying in a simple sequence on the keypad. If things did go bad, whoever it was would probably have access to the lockers anyway, and if a situation did arise in which he needed the pistols, he didn't want to bother remembering some complicated code that wouldn't slow down a competent hacker anyway.

His walk back through the garden is as oddly disjointed as all similar treks...there was beauty around him, but it was lost in the counting of the steps, the noting of turns and hallways, off shoots and paths through the garden...likely ambush spots, other exits, the easiest way to get up and over the walls...he noticed none of the peace, none of the serenity, head constantly swinging side to side, nostrils flaring under the mask, eyes searching and peering...not suspicious, but alert and buried in the hunter that welled up within him.
Null.Pointer
En route to the temple, Null Pointer slips into the Matrix to call forth a construct.
Search for hidden nodes and report them to me. Remain hidden, non-detection is priority one.

The GMC Bulldog stops in front of the temple, pneumatic pistons lowering the vehicle to the ground. Null Pointer emerges from the rear doors, his wheelchair's smart tires facilitating the rest of the descent to ground level. From the driver's door, a humanoid drone emerges. Null Pointer locates the closest, visible person who appears to belong to the facility and states:

"Hello? I believe I am expected here. I have been instructed to appear at this place."
Buddha72
Null Pointer
As you navigate the steps and approach the temple's main entrance you see a group of young children being led out of the temple by two monks and a nun. The children look to be children from the district - perhaps a class or the temple provides childcare - you're not sure. You can hear the older monk speaking in both English, Japanese and Taiwanese about the temple. The nun bows to the two monks and seems to excuse herself and approaches you.

She bows deeply as you speak and her face is warm. Her voice is welcoming and respectful.

"Hopefully your English is better than my Japanese. I have a linguasoft but I find it disconcerting to hear myself speak a language I never studied or learned. My brothers and sisters here tell me I will adjust but for now let's stick to English."

She gestures to the entrance indicating you should lead the way as she continues to speak.

"We were told this morning newcomers to the sanctuary would be arriving today and to keep an eye out for you. There is a room to the left of the entrance that has secure storage - behind a tapestry though I myself have never seen it. We ask that you leave any weapons you may have there and do not bring them into the sanctuary. There is a palm scanner and keypad to use to secure your possessions."

You enter the cool interior and she walks you to the entrance of the storage room while pointing to a set of carved wooden double doors.

"The meeting you are here for is through those doors and in the rear of the garden. You will find a small house next to a pond - the meeting is there."

She bows deeply and leaves you in relative privacy to store any items.
Branmac
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Oct 10 2010, 09:21 PM) *
Spats
What r ya doing?

Spats spends a precious second blinking in surprise. While not a true hardcore hacker, very few things can see him on the Matrix when he put out the effort to hide. To be picked up that quickly, that effortlessly, to have the resonance in the area locked down so completely....something powerful was happening.

Cut and run?, attack?, no to strong. Got to BS or be honest.

With a mental sigh, Spats prepared to lay it on the line.

Little buddy on the roof was acting odd. Scanning for something or setting up something. I'm supposed to meet someone around here. Odd makes me curious. So what now friend?

As he sent the message to the Rabbit and hoped he hadn't blown it all to drek, Spats also looked at it trying to decide exactly what he was dealing with.
Buddha72
Spats
The rabbit cocks its head to the side as you talk. You watch as more thought bubbles form above its head.

Fair enough. I remember being curious. This little fella as you put it is just keeping an eye out for a friend inside. I'll make you a deal - you leave any drones in this place alone and I'll play nice nice.
Buddha72
Null Pointer
As you stow your gear you feel a thread of connection from the matrix and the awareness that no hidden nodes exist in the area. You feel the shared awareness fill you and you sense an anomaly in the matrix near you - a deep pool of resonance.
Null.Pointer
Null Pointer places a Shiawase Kanmushi microdrone into the secured storage unit, its pilot program instructed to alert his commlink if its sensors detect movement. The Manservant drone secures the backpack containing Null Pointer's weapons and gear and returns to the van with it.

Never leave your guns where you can't get to them.
Branmac
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Oct 14 2010, 03:54 PM) *
Fair enough. I remember being curious. This little fella as you put it is just keeping an eye out for a friend inside. I'll make you a deal - you leave any drones in this place alone and I'll play nice nice.

Without a seconds hesitation Spats nods agreement to the cartoon rabbit. He even goes so far as to make a crossing motion over his chest.

Cross my heart. No playing with the drones here. I promise to play nice as well. I would bet the friend you are watching out for is the new friend I am supposed to meet around here.
Dreadsister
Webcrawler procedes to the area behind the curtains as he places his weapon into the locker he calls forth 2 helpers, to the sleuth he asks for monitoring and tracking of any entitiy attempting to access the locker, of the paladin he asks for his protection during the meeting should his help be required. He then opened his self to the resonance of the place to see if the peace without matched that within the temple, and proceded to the small house indicated as the meeting place.
Buddha72
Spats
The small rabbit hops a few feet away from you and looks back at you over its shoulder.

Probably. Be nice to her I haven't made her life easy by any stretch though don't coddle her. DShe's needs to be a little tougher if she going to stay in the biz.

The small icon begins to dig and creates a small opening in the air and crawls into it. Its head pops back up once more.

Name's FuzBunBun.

With that said it pulls its head back into the hole and there is a ripple and the matrix in the area resumes its normal appearance.
Buddha72
Webcrawler
As you walk your way to the meeting site you allows yourself to connect to the thrum of life in the matrix - the web of signals and electricity that makes up the layer of existence you always feel just lurking in the back of your mind. You immediately sense a powerful presence nearby - something strange and potent holding the matrix still around it. As you start to seek it out - everything relaxes - the resonance flows back out and the tension in the air drains away.
Buddha72
All
The air feels clean and alive - unlike most of the city. You find the scents of the garden and incense strangely jarring after the conflicting aromas of the International District. The walkway is paved by small stones and winds its way past the lush growth all around you. The nuns and monks in the space all stop and bow towards you as you pass making your way to the house near the back wall. The small pond holds clear water and you see koi fish lazily swimming in it.

You quickly become of aware of other individuals like yourself who are clearly here for some other reason than spiritual enlightenment. You see all are converging on the house - the site of your upcoming meeting. You find yourself facing a motley group of rigorous individuals - you all eye each other with a appraising stare and the silence is palatable.
Fyndhal
Twist walks into the small waiting room of the small house and begins looking around. She's at once anxious to get down to business, but at the same time relaxed due to the atmosphere of the place. As a result, she sort of vacillates between pacing and staring at some random feature in detail.

As others begin to arrive, she greets them with a nod and a once over glance before returning to her own thoughts.

This is a very odd group. Lot's of elves, a Night One, a couple changelings. We'd definitely stand out moving as a group. At least there's no Trogs, that's a relief.
JxJxA
As soon as Zerone enters the temple, he immediately notices the change in air quality. His lungs relax and breathing is no longer a chore. Still, he gives a final light cough to expel whatever allergens are still in his lungs before taking a deep breath of the pure air.

I wonder if the keepers of this temple also suffer from asthma, he thinks to himself as he takes an empty seat and looks about the waiting room. A few others have arrived ahead of him, and almost every one of the others look far more intimidating than the frail elf. He laces and unlaces his fingers nervously until he hears Follower's voice echo through his mind.

My friend, why are you afraid? Will you judge others before even speaking to them?

Zerone sighs, immediately disappointed at his mistake.

Matthew 7:1-2?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." How do His words apply in this situation?

I should not jump to conclusions concerning others.

Nor should you cast final judgment. People are dynamic creatures, my friend, and capable of change. One who was evil yesterday could become good tomorrow, and one who embodied goodness yesterday may very well descend into darkness tomorrow. Therefore, my friend, be not afraid of these strangers and do unto them as you would have them do unto you.

Zerone takes a deep breath, banishes away his anxiety, stands up and attempts to politely introduce himself to the others already in the room and to those who arrive.
Branmac
Having gotten a bit behind due to his misadventures in the matris Spats hurries to make up time not wanting to be late for the meeting.

Once the monks have given him the directions he quickly stows his gear and heads to the indicated building moving as quickly as he can with out being obvious he is doing so. Which given the calm and stately way the monks move is not much. Arriving at the waiting room he looks around with unashamed curiosity at the others already there. With a friendly smile and a nod he greets the others while grabbing a seat.

"Hoi there, chummers."
WearzManySkins
Kat D walks to the small house, enters waits in the waiting room, looks at those there.

"Well met, I am Kat Doktor, one of your team members, Medical Specialist."

Looks around at those present, gives a smile but does not offer his hand to shake.

Interesting group but not too far out in genetic extremes.
Notsoevildm
The blue furred elf in the cheap long coat enters the house and looks around. He regards the others with narrowed eyes and then suppresses a yawn, covering his mouth as he does.

"You may call me Eklipse. I am vat you call a physad. My skills are focused on infiltration and combat, both ranged and melee."

His english is a little clipped, certainly not his native tongue. While the fur makes it hard to tell where he is from, from the accent you would guess Germany.
UmaroVI
Fat Man amiably introduced himself to everyone else. He shook hands with those who offered, but didn't press the point. He spoke with a noticeable Mandarin accent:

"I go by Fat Man, for obvious reason," he said with a wide grin, "and as for my talents - I am a healer and combat mage. This group looks promising - the Eight Immortals cross the sea, each reveals divine power."

Branmac
Still with the same friendly smile and relaxed body language Spats takes in teh others introductions.

"Well, if we're doing the intro thing, I go by Spats. As for a skill-set, I like driving fast and getting things places. Not claiming to be Buster Ernheart the 3rd, but this isn't NASCAR either."
Fenris
Ayo glances around as the assembled group meets. Like any other 'runner group, it was a team made up of individuals. No pack mentality, barely enough loyalty to the nuyen to keep from turning on each other like wild dogs.

He blinks once, almost shaking his head in disbelief at the fact that there were two other members just as furry as he was. An oddity, to be sure, and maybe that meant he could be a little more relaxed. Unbuttoning the suit jacket, he swept it to either side as he sat down, clearing the holster under one shoulder and at the small of his back out of instinct. The guns and holsters themselves weren't present, but the action was too ingrained for him to even consider it as he moved.

"Ayohuhisdi....Ayo, for short." His voice is rough, gravelly, and sounds like he's talking around a small handful of rocks. Anyone paying any attention once he's sat will notice the long tail, previously hidden under the jacket, whipping back and forth behind him in apparent agitation, despite the controlled exterior of the runner. He seems unaware of it's movement, strangely enough.

"I am also a physad, as you call it. I follow the totem of Panther, the black jaguar. I am a hunter." It's hard to say, but he might be smiling under the plain black full face mask.

"Not much else."
Fyndhal
As Ayo finishes, Twist addresses everyone from her chair in the corner.

"Well, since we're doing the introduction thing, I'm Twist. I'm good with guns, cards, tiles and dice, in that order. So. Who knows who we're meeting?"
Notsoevildm
Eklipse smiled over a yawn. He had been worried that he would stand out, but the other two 'furries' were much more outlandish than himself. Between the Kat's bright colours and Ayo's tail, he felt surprisingly normal.

The little fat human was a mage - and a healer too - he would be very useful. The three elves included a weapon specialist (the pretty one who called herself Twist); Spats, a driver (always useful) and the frail looking one who he guessed must be a mage or hacker. Well, he certainly didn't look combat oriented. But it potentially meant they had all the major roles covered. Now if they could just get on with each other, they had the makings of a team.

Just as long as they don't find out my previous occupation, he chuckled to himself.
Dreadsister
webcrawler entered the room and was a little suprised by the collection of peoples present. He wondered what part of the test they would play, some of those here were fellow elves, and some where more exotic. He had seen quite a few different mutations in his travels for kiva net, none here where enough to draw a reaction at this point. Webcrawler looks for a seat and removes his goggles.
Saytr
Crippler makes his way through the seattle sprawl in his cab on the way to the meet and a promise of 5K for being present. 5K was a good start, He hoped the way to more money was ever present but didn't require to much time he needed to make cash quick if he was to keep up with the interest.

upon arrival to the temple Crippler looks at the area in question. it is nothing like he has ever been to before but Seattle has all types. he didn't really do any research on the address as he has limited experience with the matrix. Most the time he is squeezing money out of dry pockets or breaking bones to ensure payment is made. He knew GURPS was a real thing and heard stories but what he saw standing in the temple room around him was something of a rarity. All these people here for the same message, He knew this was either going to be fun or deadly either way it was going to guarantee lots of Nuyen perhaps for everyone included. Crippler walks into the room and takes a posture with his back to the wall and his distance from any of the group he can't figure out.
Buddha72
All

You enter the small traditional Japanese house through a sliding panel of real wood and paper of some sort. The very first area appears to be a room to remove your shoes and outerwear. You can see a pair of street style combat boots - a slim small pair to be exact. Peeking out from the left boot is a small recon micro drone. It seems to look over each of you and whirs to itself as you enter. You watch as the others assemble for this meeting - odd is the kindest word you can come up as you watch the others trickle in from the garden outside.

After a few minutes and no new arrivals the inner door to the interior of the house slides open. Standing there is a young elf woman and she looks all over you over in a an even gaze.

"Thanks for coming - you're all here to meet me. You can call me Widget. Please come inside and have a seat. As you probably already know everyone should be unarmed and I'm just a courier here so I am just doing a job. I have information I'm suppose to give you and I can answer some questions but I'm telling you upfront my info is limited. I need to know who each of you are so I can fulfill my end of the job so please just give me whatever handle you're using so I can collect my pay. Rent is due and my uncle is riding my ass hard about it."

She steps back into the interior leaving the door open. As you enter you see a low large table set with enough tea service for all gathered. Widget takes a spot at one end of the table - her expression open and friendly.

"Take a seat and give me a name. The brothers and sisters here have provided tea for us while we talk."
Fyndhal

Twist removes her shoes, then enters the room and sits cross-legged on a cushion facing Widget. She looks over the elf curiously, then says.

"Hola, Widget. You can call me Twist. I'll save my questions for after I hear what you have to say."
UmaroVI
Fat Man follows suit, removing his shoes and sitting down.

"Please call me Fat Man. I am pleased to meet you, Widget."
Notsoevildm
Eklipse removes his sleek, armored sport shoes and sets them down next to the others. He also takes off his socks, stuffing one into each of his shoes. He then pauses for a moment, his dark blue toes, with their almost black nails, seeming to wiggle of their own accord as if enjoying their freedom and the feel of the wooden floor.

He then moves into the room with a smooth, practised grace and takes a spot away from the door. Instead of sitting, he simply kneels down, a posture he seems comfortable with, and arranges his long coat carefully around him on the floor. He nods to Widget with just a hint of a formal bow.

"You may call me Eklipse." His accented English is businesslike, clipped and almost wary, as if he is holding something back.
Saytr
Crippler standing in the room with his form fitting armor and armored vest. his build is something out of a simsense video heavily muscled and extremely heavy looking. Every time he walks he has a very distinguishable thud like he weights maybe twice what he looks like he should weight. crippler keeps his hair short so not to give anyone any hair to grab when he is in close, His horns are very odd in the sense that his left one grew like a ram horn while hte other grew straight back to conform to the shape of his head. He had the usual look on his skin with calcium deposits that act as natural body armor to and his thick brownish skin and black hair. He has a unemotinal look on his face, with the visible dermal plates under his skin people can tell he isn't exactly the one you would want to owe money too. Accepting the womens explanation of her purpose, he agrees to her terms with a simple gesture of yes. He has no questions he knows his purpose and roll in most situations.
WearzManySkins
Kat D listens to Widget, bends down and removes his shoes, placing them neatly next to each other.

Following Widget into the room, looks slowly around the room and its contents, takes a place at the table next to Widget, hangs a moderate sized bag across the back of the chair, then sits down.

"I am Kat Doktor, pleased to meet with you."

Slowly studies each team member as they move, and become seated.

Bones use standard visual diagnostics from video feed, break down into phenotypes.
Saytr
Crippler adds after the others are finished "My handle is Crippler by the way. Just give us what you know so we can earn or Nuyen and get the hell out of here."
JxJxA
Why is everybody taking off their shoes?, Zerone muses to himself. Still confused by the gesture, he follows suit and gently slips off his well-worn dress shoes---a pair of brown leather loafers. He quietly takes a seat and grips one of the tea cups between both hands, using the tea cup to warm his fingers.

"Greetings--- uh---Greetings. My name is Zerone Rhomicron and it is a pleasure to meet you all." He smiles, though somewhat flustered from starting off by speaking in Sperethiel.
Fenris
With a slight head gesture that might have been the 'runner rolling his eyes behind the mask, Ayo tugs off his shoes. A contrast to the suit, mostly hidden by the pants legs before now, the shoes are tough, durable, and extremely flexible, including the soles, which are oddly set with a broad, smooth patch under the toes, and a series of rounded rubber bumps under the heel. Anyone familiar with different types of sport shoes will recognize an odd niche brand favored by parkour runners. He takes a spot just to the left of the door, and remains leaning up against the wall as everyone else settles in.

"Ayohuhisdi" he intones, in that rough, gravelly voice, with a nod towards Widget.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012