Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072: Grimm's Thread
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Grimm
Copperhead and Akecheta
[07:54 AM, January 2nd, 2072; The Back of the Armored Van; Redmond]

The driver followed the request of Copperhead and swung the armored van down a side-street. Cutter, Slater, and Copperhead all clambered out after exchanging pleasantries and commcodes to keep in touch in the future. Slater could be heard muttering to himself as he limped along with the orc and troll.

He stopped and looked at Copperhead. “Thanks for the help. Ya ever need technical help, give me a yell.” Once the two had exchanged their pleasantries, he limped off and around a corner.

OOC: Copperhead: I’m thinking here would be a good spot to cut to the start of your downtime. You can help Cutter find a doc during then and then do what you want to do. Unless there’s other IC stuff you want to take care of.

[07:56 AM, January 2nd, 2072; The Back of the Armored Van; Redmond]

The Beast studied the prisoner intently. The man look terrified and as though he was constantly drifting in and out of consciousness. He felt nothing towards him, though the spirit’s injuries it had inflicted were fairly interesting. The other guard in the back kept giving him the evil eye as they bounced along the ruined roads of Redmond.

After a few minutes, the bullet-ridden armored van slid into an open garage door. The door shut behind the van as it entered. Much as before, the warehouse was extremely large and open with many armed guards patrolling the area. Standing off to the side was Mr. Okayama, hands folded in front of him wearing a black suit, black tie, and sunglasses. He smiled warmly at the Beast as he climbed from the truck.

“Ah, Mr. Beast. I see you retrieved my van and at least one of my men for me.”

OOC: After this scene we’ll cut to your downtime Akecheta.
Combat Mage

When Copperhead and her friends were leaving, The Beast smiled with what seemed to be actual friendliness. "Nice working with you, snake-lady. Take care. You too Cutter, Slater."

It felt good. It felt like he had friends again, trusted comrades and partners like he had back with the Lakota guys. For a moment he was sad and happy at the same time, full of nostalgia. Then his face hardened, all emotion vanishing from it except for hate and determination. They weren't his comrades anymore. They were trying to kill him now. His old bosses were the ones that had ordered the hit on Lilly. He knew their faces. And one day they would pay. Dearly.

[07:56 AM, January 2nd, 2072; The Back of the Armored Van; Redmond]

"Your other man's here too." Akecheta said with a nod towards the van. "Also we got you a little present as a bonus." With that the troll grabbed the injured prisoner from the back of the van and dumped him on the ground.
"Probably the only survivor. Don't know how long he'll make it with those injuries but I thought you might want to ask him some questions."
Notsoevildm

Copperhead watches the truck disappear around the corner, resisting an urge to wave after them. Shit, I shoulda asked for a share of the pay.

"Sure. Just make sure you keep away from any electric fences in da future, pixie-ears!" she calls after Slater with a grin.

A grunt from Cutter, draws her attention back to her boyfriend. He is once again leaning on the HMG for support. With the adrenaline from the fight gone from his system, he is pale and shivering.

"Lucky you look like shit or I'd kick your ass for getting me all worried like dat. Guess we better get you to a doc. What was da name of dat guy who did your spurs? I hope he's still around coz it's too damn far to haul your ass all da way down to da Body Mall?"

Hooking one of his arms over her shoulder to support his weight, the pair limp off in the direction of the street doc.
Grimm
Akecheta
[08:01 AM, January 2nd, 2072; A Dilapidated Warehouse; Redmond]

Mr. Okayama smiled warmly at the Beast and motioned towards the van. Like before, a few unarmed medical technicians swarmed the area and began to distribute care to the injured drivers. The soles of Mr. Okayama’s shoes snapped as he walked across the warehouse floor to the injured guard.

When the Corpsec guard saw him, his eyes opened wide; “Mister.. Mister Okayama.. what are you doing here?”

The Johnson produced a small pistol from his pocket and shot the injured guard twice in the face, taking the back of his head off and finishing the job the spirit had started.

“Dispose of that,” he said, voice dripping with venom. A pair of the armed guards quickly came over and began stripping the body for disposal. He clasped his hands behind his back and walked to one of the two guards. The two began having a civil conversation in Japanese with one another that ended with the guard pushing himself to his feet.

He walked to the edge of the truck and slid under it. After a couple of moments of fiddling with something under the edge, he slid back out with a small box in his hands. The guard presented the box to Mr. Okayama and bowed deeply. The Johnson took the box with both hands and returned the bow though it was deeper. The two exchanged a few more words in Japanese and he turned his attention back to Akecheta.

“Mr. Beast, you have performed very well for me. Above what I had expected the final outcome of this job to mean for me and my men. You returned both of them, a prisoner, and my cargo. Your payment is sent with some extra for your efficiency. Is there anything you are currently seeking that I can help you with?”

Mr. Okayama smiled warmly at the Beast and walked before him, the box tucked tightly under his arm.

OOC: Since we have a hard limit done on earned income, if you want to request the Johnson to try and find a piece of equipment or replenish ammo for you or something; that seems like a “bonus” that could be given and still be in line with the wealth guidelines. (Pending approval and within reason)

Copperhead
[08:16 AM, January 2nd, 2072; The Streets of Redmond to the Black Clinic; Redmond]

Slater laughed and turned on his heel to look at the pair, “Hey! If I want to fall face-first into an electric fence I’ll damned well do so woman!” This brought a smattering of muttering from Cutter who was limping along with the assistance of the HMG and Copperhead.

“The doc I know is only a couple blocks away. We exchange favors back and forth so I think we should be good for a patch up.”

The ork winced as the two made their way down the street at a slow but steady pace. The world was starting to come awake and alive with the dawning morning. Activity began to draw attention to the outer edges of the roads and down the alleys that the pair moved past. It only took about fifteen minutes before the pair would reach the black clinic where the Doctor plied his trade.

Cutter stopped before the entrance of the dilapidated remains of what used to be a real clinic of some sort. “Oh, and babe. Dr. Ted is a bit.. strange. Don’t make any sudden movements, alright?”

He leaned over and kissed her cheek, then the pair moved into the clinic. They both could instantly hear a deep voice singing.. opera, it sounded like. Cutter shook his head and pointed towards a door across from the entryway. The pair made their way towards it and started to push it open, but were greeted with a pistol shot that impacted the wall above; sending a rain of plaster down.

“Ghost-damn it, Doc! It’s Cutter, quit the fucking singing and you might hear your entry indicator!”

“Oh! Cutter, my boy! Damn, you look like shit son.” Copperhead wasn’t quite sure what to expect as the Doctor stepped out from behind an operating screen. She wasn’t certain, but she was pretty certain that she had seen movement where an operating table would have been.

The man that stepped from behind the screen was human, likely considered fairly handsome by human standards. He was quite fit, clean-shaven with black and pepper gray hair cropped close to his head. Dr. Ted wore a warm smile but the look in his eyes told the story of someone who had seen far too much and lost a part of himself because of it. That and the fact that he was casually waving his hands around with a pistol in one and a scalpel in the other.

The room itself did not appear to be incredibly neat. In fact, there was three bodies rather unceremoniously dumped in a corner of the room.

“Sorry about the mess. My maid has not yet shown up today to take care of things. What can ol’ Doc Ted do for ya two lovely people?”

He smiled warmly and began quietly humming some long-forgotten opera.
Notsoevildm
[08:17 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted's Black Clinic; Redmond]

Copperhead nods to her bleeding partner “My boy here thought it wise to leave his girl at home and got his ass kicked for it. We was hoping you could fix him up so's I can kick his ass for not taking me along. Only thing is we're a bit short of cred, so unless you got a need for a big ass machine gun like da one he's leanin' on, maybe there's something we can do fer ya...”

She warily eyes the dead bodies lying in the corner "...like maybe getting rid of dem for you?"

Following Cutter's warning she keeps as still as she can, only swaying ever so gently from side to side with her snake eyes locked on the doctor.
Grimm
Copperhead
[08:04 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

Dr. Ted rather unceremoniously tosses his pistol to the side, sending it clattering and skittering into a sink. He walks over and inspects the HMG intently, running a finger over it. “Nope, the HMG will do fine. See I may not use it but I can sell it for more medical supplies. Now let’s see about getting our fine ork here patched up and healthy enough for you to beat the shit out of.”

The doctor stepped back to the divider and slid it aside. Behind it lay a badly wounded ganger on an operating table. Dr. Ted wheeled the operating table to the middle of the room and looked down at him. “You, my friend. Are in the way. Into the pile you go.”

The ganger tried to struggle against the doctor as he was rather unceremoniously shoved off of the operating table and onto the pile of bodies. He wheeled the table back to the center of the room and patted it. “Hop on, Cutter.”

The ork simply stared at the doctor with an unsure look.

“Oh, him and the bodies. Probably a poor impression. Well those three sons of bitches came in dead, and that last gentleman. Well..” The doctor produced a small, screw-top bottle and sat it on the table. “That fuck tried to steal that, while I was treating him no less. So, since he was hard enough to try and steal the very few supplies I actually have here; then he must be hard enough to survive his wounds on his own. If not, the maid’ll clean it up.”

Dr. Ted smiled as Cutter shrugged off his clothes and pulled himself up onto the table. After Cutter laid back, the doctor went to work on sealing up the many wounds he had suffered; humming an inspiring tune to himself. Part way through, he stopped and leaned over; putting his elbow on Cutter’s chest and using him like a table. “I didn’t catch your name, Miss. I prefer to know the people that come in my clinic.”

“Doc… wounds…”

The doctor looked down with a confused look on his face, “They’re just flesh wounds you’ll be fine. I’m trying to have a conversation here with the lady. Do you mind?”

“Oh, not at all. Don’t mind bleeding to death at all.”

“No one dies in my clinic Cutter, my boy! Well except him I guess,” Dr. Ted said to no one in particular, motioning towards the pile. “Anyways, you’ll be fine. Quit crying.”

The doctor turned his attention back to Copperhead , trying not to use Cutter as a table further.
Notsoevildm
[08:05 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]
Copperhead give Dr. Ted a coy smile. She strikes a pose, one hand on her hip, the other twisting her braid of long red hair.

“You can call me Copperhead, doc. I sure appreciate dat you fixing up my squeeze. He's got too much metal for my mojo too work on him. Now if he was awakened, I coulda healed him up real easy and without messing up his mojo either.”

With a grin, she leaves it like that. Snake would appreciate it. She has only revealed enough of her secret to get him intrigued, without giving away her whole story.

"So how much longer you gonna need to fix him up. I got places to be, things to do. If you gonna be a while, I can come back and pick him up later."

She leans back against the wall, her arms folded under her bosom. "Or I can wait here, if I ain't gonna distract you. I'd be interested in seeing a professional at work."

Grimm
Copperhead
[08:05 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]
Dr. Ted tilted his head to the side and studied her intently. "Spell-slinger are ya? I used to know one of them. Nice fellow. Disappeared one day though. Never heard from again. Hard telling what happened to him. Probably some Corp snapped him up."

He pulled a loose piece of metal out of Cutter and dropped it into the sink. The Street Doc stopped and studied the torn up ork again. "You can go ahead and come back for him in a couple hours. This should take a bit. Or you can stay here and watch me work, doesn't matter to me."

He smiled and nods, "Hey maybe later you can tell me more about your mojo, eh? Always interesting."
Notsoevildm
[08:06 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]
Copperhead is torn between staying and going. On the one hand, it's still early enough that being out in the sun won't affect her too much. She needs to pick up some food and fresh water, maybe some painkillers or other medicines if the doc really doesn't have much here. However, it's unlikely that a lot of the traders will even be up and about yet. On the other hand, while Dr. Ted is definitely a strange one, his hands move with a steadiness and precision that draws her eyes. She hadn't lied about her magic not working on heavily cybered individuals, the metal in her own body limiting the amount of mana she could handle safely.

I could learn his secrets, even just some basic first aid skills would be useful. A fair trade for some of my secrets.

She leans her head against the wall and listens for Snake, but her mentor remains quiet so she hopes this is an acceptable deal. At the same time, she opens her senses to the astral and examines the doctor's aura. His mention of another mage had caught her attention. Was he talking about himself or someone he had known.

She blinks twice, releasing her astral perception and gives a sigh. "Come to think about it, most of da traders round here wont be up and about yet so I guess I'll stay."

She leans her shotgun against the wall and shrugs out of her long coat, revealing her scaled torso. Taking a tentative step towards the sink, she asks, "Is there anything I can do ta help ya."
Grimm
Copperhead
[08:10 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

The Doctor nods to Copperhead and flits around Cutter, inspecting his wounds. Both of them notice some movement from the pile of corpses in the corner. It is followed by a slipping of metal and a loud clang as a trapdoor drops them into the floor below.

"Ah good. The maid is here!"

"Quit calling me that," a voice snarled from the open gap. It appeared to be pitch black in the basement below them. The shutter was eased up and closed into its former position. She caught a glimpse of an aura below them but it was gone and out of sight as soon as the bodies dropped. Turning back to Dr. Ted, she inspected him on the Astral. She could not see the marks that would have shown him to be awakened, he appeared to be a mundane. The astral image of his left hand was a different shade as was his left eye, indicating they were likely cyberware.

Dr. Ted hums quietly to himself and points to a section on a counter. "Hand me those forceps and the bunny," he commented in an off-hand fashion to Copperhead. She turned to look; and there, sitting on the counter was a well-worn stuffed rabbit and a pair of forceps.
Notsoevildm
[b][08:10 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

With a quizzical expression Copperhead turns to the counter. Sure enough, next to the forceps there was indeed a rather tatty, stuffed rabbit. Picking both objects up, the rabbit more carefully than the forceps, she turns and hands them over to the doctor. Okay, maybe I ain't gonna learn much from this kook after all.

"The forceps I get, but what's the deal with da rabbit?"

Then in a conspiratorial whisper, she adds "And I know it's none of my business, but your maid...ehm...well...is he a fraggin ghoul or something?"
Grimm
Copperhead
[08:11 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

Dr. Ted took the rabbit and the forceps from her, turning his attention back to Cutter. He set the rabbit on the wounded ork’s hand, to which he responded by taking a hold of it. A comforting gasp slipped from the ork as he relaxed deeper than he had before.

“Ghouls, yes. At any given time, there is several hundred of them moving around below you. I don’t know when the last time you were in the sewers was; if ever. But there is a lot of tunnels dug out that connect the buildings beneath us. It makes it easy for them to get around and avoid scrutiny, the same for smugglers or bandits that think they can navigate the tunnels without becoming a meal.”

The Doctor yanked a piece of broken metal out of Cutter’s chest and inspected it intently. He looked down at Cutter, “Don’t worry, my boy. This was a non-essential part.”

“Doc, I can never tell when you’re joking or serious.”

“I know. Isn’t it great?”

“No, it really isn’t actually,” Cutter commented back.

Dr. Ted grinned at Copperhead and offered her a small laser device. “These devices are used to seal up wounds.” He picked one up himself and leaned over the ork. The device sparked a small beam and he traced it over the opening where the metal had come out of, searing the flesh together neatly.

“He has a flesh wound on the inside of his arm there you can try it out on. Be wary of the bunny,” he commented. He stopped and tilted his head as he thought for a moment. “Oh the rabbit. It brings comfort to the patients. Sometimes better than sedatives do.”

“It’s weird as hell,” Cutter commented.
Notsoevildm
[08:11 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

"Frag. I thought all dem ghouls was feral and would eat you up quick as look as you. But dat fella sounded pretty normal, if a bit pissed at you calling him da maid. You got a deal with dem, den? You gives them the dead 'uns and dey leave you alone?"

Taking the laser from the doctor, she grasps it carefully in her cyberhand. She pats Cutter tenderly on the arm, near the injury.

"You let me know if I hurts ya, babe."

As carefully as she can, she aims the laser at the cut and activates the beam. There is a brief smell of cooking flesh and Cutter hisses through clenched teeth, then she steps back to let the doctor see her work.

"Is dat good?"

While the doctor inspects her work, she peers at the Bunny in the astral. Snake wants...no, demands to know why the Bunny relaxes the doctor's patients. Lenny had told here that some items can have strong emotions attached to them that even mundanes can feel. Perhaps it is the case with this child's toy.
Grimm
Copperhead
[08:12 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

Dr. Ted looked up at Copperhead and studied her for a moment. “Quite a few ghouls are feral. They live off of instinct and hunt what they can. Not all of them are though. It really depends on how deeply their sickness has affected them. It is really quite interesting.”

He leaned over Cutter and inspected the sealed wound. “Looks good, you seem to be a natural. Go ahead and seal up the rest of the holes on that side, I’ll finish up over here.”

“As for the ghoul,” he commented. “They can still be quite vicious and dangerous. Our agreement goes a bit beyond that though. Every couple of weeks he brings me a shipment of medical supplies and we trade. Most people don’t want the bodies of the people they bring in if they don’t make it. Plus then I don’t have to dispose of the bodies and get medical supplies out of it. Works out great for everyone. Except the people that are dead I guess. BUT! I never kill anyone unlike some other so-called Doctors. Which pisses him off but eh well, what can you do?”

Dr. Ted smiled and leaned down, squinting his eyes as he seared another wound shut. He quieted down as he began to focus more on sealing Cutter’s wounds than talking.

Copperhead peered into the astral. It seemed Lenny had been right, this well-worn rabbit was swimming with a very strong aura. It did strike her as odd that she had not felt any of the energy when she had handled the stuffed toy though.
Notsoevildm
[08:13 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

Like the doctor, Copperhead also falls silent, focusing on sealing up Cutter's injuries as he had shown her. While the doctor's hands move with practised ease and precision, she is much slower and more deliberate. As she works, she considers what he had said about the ghouls. Just like the way most people thought trolls were big, dumb and dangerous, she had lumped all ghouls together as flesh-eating monsters. While she still didn't plan on hanging around with them, she did feel a twinge of sympathy for those that retained their minds. She knew just how bad it had been for her when she had goblinized. How much worse must it be for them.

When they finally finish and the doctor is satisfied with her work, she lets out a long sigh. Her shoulders are tense and sweat cools on her back from the effort.

Man, that was as tough as healing someone with magic. Worse actually, as it took a helluva lot longer.

Seek the secret of the aura hisses her mentor.

Sheesh, keep yer pants on. I'm getting to it.

"Thanks a lot doc. I don't know what I'd do without this big lug of an ork. Can I ask another favor? I promise I'll make it up to ya sometime. I'd like to study the bunny, if I may? There's some sort of magical aura around it that I'd like to know more about. I won't do anything to it, just examine it astrally and obviously I'd do it here so you can watch me.

She gives him her best puppy-eyed look. It's difficult to pull off with her scaled arms and torso and green snake-eye contact lenses. She is also a good bit taller than the man and twice as broad, but she does her best and adds a soft, "Pretty please!" for effect.
Grimm
Copperhead
[10:41 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

The Doctor slid around to Copperhead’s side and inspected each of the now sealed wounds, carefully studying them. He touched up one or two but it appeared that Copperhead had done a good job with the current project. Dr. Ted rested his hands on the table and looked at Cutter.

“How ya feeling man? Going to be able to walk?”

“Feel really weak and obviously in pain, Doc.”

“Lost a lot of blood, luckily for you I happen to have some synthesized stuff in stock. We’ll get a pint of blood in your system and let you rest for a bit.” Dr. Ted walked over to the sink and pulled the pistol out of it, slipping it back into his belt. He appeared to be mulling over Copperhead’s request while wiping some of the counters down.

“Nurse, pop the door.” He said out-loud, to no one in particular. After a moment, the wall to the left of them shifted and swung open, revealing a larger room behind it. He turned the surgical table and looked at Cutter. “I know you know the rules.”

His gaze shifted to Copperhead, “We’re going into my recovery area. This clinic is neutral ground. Any affiliations you have outside of this clinic do not apply. If you see your most hated enemy inside and make a move on them; I assure you that you will never receive another treatment from another doctor in Redmond again. And yes, you can study the bunny; though you already mentioned it, I will say it will not leave my side. Follow me, you can use my office.”

Dr. Ted pushed the operating table through the door-way and walked into a fairly long room. It appeared to have once been a series of smaller rooms but the walls had been knocked out. Six beds lined each side of it the clinic, accompanied by a smattering of recovered medical equipment. Unlike the front room, the recovery ward of Dr. Ted’s black clinic appeared to be nearly immaculate in cleanliness.

A middle-aged elven woman walked up to the group as they entered. “Copperhead, Nurse. Nurse, Copperhead,” he said to introduce the two.

“My name is Sarah but you can just call me Nurse. Everyone does,” the elven woman smiled warmly at Copperhead.

“This man needs a pint of synth-blood, Nurse.” Doctor Ted and Nurse both slipped under the arms of the ork and hefted him from the operating table, setting him down on a bed. The doctor looked around the room at the seven other individuals that currently occupied his beds. “Anyone need anything?”

“Doc, the pain..” an elf commented from a bed across from them.

“You’re not dying. Deal with it. I’m not feeding your addiction and if you touch that stockpile I will transplant your hands from your wrists to your ass.”

Dr. Ted gave a once over to the room again as Nurse moved off to close the door they had come in. He picked up the rabbit and walked towards the back of the room, massaging his temple. He swung a door open to his left and made a motion for Copperhead to enter; offering her the bunny. On the other side was a small, rather messy office. There did not appear to be any real garbage or trash, just a lot of clutter.
Notsoevildm
[10:42 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

Copperhead can only nod at first. He actually agreed!

A deep hissing rumbles through her body like an earthquake. Snake was pleased.

"You won't get no problems from me. Cutter might be a crusher, but I ain't in da gang. Frag, you just saved his life, doc. I ain't gonna start nothing."

Copperhead follows Dr Ted into the recovery room. She looks the elf lady up and down as the doctor introduces her, returning her smile. She resists checking her aura on the astral, she'll do that later when she isn't looking at her directly. "Den Nurse it is. Like da doc said, I'm Copperhead. Pleased ta meetcha. Dis is a nice place you got here. Nice and clean."

She then follows Dr. Ted towards the back of the room and takes the bunny from him, holding it carefully and with something like awe or wonder. She ignores the mess in his office and the chair that looks too fragile to support her weight. Instead she finds an uncluttered spot on the floor in the corner and sits down there. She crosses her legs and, holding the bunny in her cupped hands, closes her eyes and begins to sway gently from side to side. With a faint, almost sibiliant voice, she whispers, "Thankssss, Docsss" then her head slumps forward on her chest.

It is bright here on the astral. The bunny's aura flows over and through her. She feels relaxed, almost sleepy. A sharp hiss snaps her head up. Snake is here, coils as thick as her torso wrapped around her and the bunny aura. An eye as big as her head examines her. Look deeper commands the spirit. See and know. She is unable to resist. She wants to know what it is as much as her mentor spirit does. With two serpentine arms, she lifts up the bunny aura and forces her astral senses wide, gasping as she takes in everything she can experience.
Grimm
Copperhead
[11:22 AM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

Nurse smiles at her and gently pats her shoulder as the troll moves past towards the office as a friendly gesture. She quickly busies herself checking over the patients in the black clinic’s ward as the two move towards the back.

Dr. Ted half-smiles at her as she sits down, pulling the door closed to give her privacy. She can feel the heavy presence of her mentor spirit with her, seemingly closer than usual. Secrets and mysteries were Snake’s game after all, and here was an interesting one. A heavily magical item with a strong astral aura that was no more than a tattered child’s toy.

Copperhead’s senses and perceptions seemed to flood with the strength of the rabbit’s astral aura. It seemed as though there was a great strength to it. As she attempted to make sense of it; two very stark differences stood out to her. The first was an overwhelming sadness, a feeling of helplessness, and the deepest despair she had felt in a long time. The second was a youthful exuberance, untainted joy, and happiness. The second set of emotions was far stronger than the first; heavily implanted into the object on the astral. The rabbit’s aura seemed to have the twinges of curative magic woven through it; but Copperhead could not readily decipher it.
Notsoevildm
[12:46 PM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

The rabbit's astral aura is almost too bright for Copperhead to look at, like staring into the sun. It's obviously powerful, but at first she can make out nothing more. Snake hisses encouragement. 'Feel it, child.'

She concentrates hard, feeling conflicting emotions of sadness and joy. 'Deeper, go deeper. Here.' Yes, she could sense it now. Some sort of healing magic. She could almost see the threads of mana woven through it, then they slip away, lost again in the aura's burning glow.

Copperhead grunts and her eyes snap open. She blinks away the astral glare, the messy office slowly coming in to focus. Her bottom is numb and one leg has gone to sleep. Clumsily, she climbs to her feet, the battered desk groaning as she steadies herself and rubs life back into her leg.

Behind the piles of papers, she spots Dr Ted. He is sitting in the office chair, fingers arched, watching her as she settles back into her body.

Clearing her throat and licking her dry lips, she speaks, "Well it's magical all right. Powerful too. There's a lot of good and bad times tied to it. I couldn't get a good look at what it does, but it seems to be some sort of healing focus. I'd like to take another look at it some other time. But right now, I need ta rest up. Can I leave Cutter here for a bit while I does some stuff. You can call me on dis number when he's up and around."

She hands the stuffed rabbit back to him carefully, her eyes lingering on it a moment longer.

"I'll come back later anyway to check on him, even if he ain't ready to go home. Thanks again, doc."

She gives the nurse a friendly nod and squeezes the sleeping ork's arm, then she heads back into the operating room to recover her gear. Stepping out into the street, she feels the sun burning into her eyes. She hurries off towards their doss, shielding her eyes as best she can with one arm. By the time she gets back, her face is burning and she is half-blind from the glare. She locks the door and crashes onto the mattress still in her gear.

[15:27 PM, January 2nd, 2072; Copperhead and Cutter's squat; Redmond]
She lies there for several hours until her migraine subsides and her vision is more or less back to normal. Her face still feels sore, so she rubs on some aftersun lotion to ease the pain. Althought it's only the afternoon, the sun has sunk low and is hidden behind dark clouds. It's been an interesting day, but she still needs to get some supplies in: food, water, maybe some medicines and a few other bits and pieces. Then she will go back to the clinic to see Cutter.

She stashes the shotgun in it's hiding place in one of the broken toilet stalls, along with their few other valuables. She locks the door and pulls the heavy metal sheet in front of it, then heads down to the market. Well, market is a strong term for it. The few traders that have turned up are huddled around oil drum fires, trying to keep warm. They have a pretty limited selection of goods, acquired by means best not thought about. She picks up some more nutrisoy bars and a case of self warming soy meals, along with a jerrycan of fresh water. One of the traders has a top of the line medkit that 'fell off the back of a truck' and at another stall she finds a pair of troll-sized shades with built in smartlink and vision enhancers. Too bad that old shotgun of mine don't have a smartlink. She looks for an external smartlink module for the shotgun, but nobody has one for sale, although she does stumble across a pair of Sony earbuds with TruSurround sound enhancements which she manages to get for a good price. With her funds dwindling and the cold making her shiver, she heads back to the clinic to check on her man.

Grimm
Kayden
[06:44 P.M. January 5th, Mirthful Manors, Unit 6B, Tacoma]

The night one’s eyes snapped open, adjusting to the relative darkness of his condo. The sun was hanging low in the sky past the Seattle skyline, bathing the sky in a myriad of colors thanks to the pollution. Kayden felt his body begin to wake up for the normal activity it was used to long about this time of the evening. A half-sigh of relief escaped his lips as he realized he was still alone in the condo.

The associates of his brother’s that he had ripped off were very likely going to be looking for him. He didn’t care, he simply wanted to find his brother; or what happened to him. Kayden tried to stuff negative thoughts of an early demise for his older brother out of his head as he contemplated where the coming night would take him. One thing he was not looking forward to was going back out into that hideous stench; the Tacoma Aroma the locals called it.
DaedalusK71
Kayden
[06:44 P.M. January 5th, Mirthful Manors, Unit 6B, Tacoma]

Kayden looks out the fifth floor window of his condo, thankful that the building sanitized the air. Seattle was nothing like he had imagined. Loud, dirty, and rude, Seattle was a mess. Not that it matters... Kayden is here to do a job... After that, he can go back to his life.

He pulls on a T-shirt and shrugs into a leather jacket on over his skin tight body armor. It chaffed in odd places and Kayden considered taking it off. Really, I'm just going out to talk... He starts towards the closet, pulling his jacket off his shoulder, and stops. ... No. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Kayden heads to the second bedroom in his condo and stops at a desk, symbols line the walls, ceiling, and floors; wards meant to keep out prying eyes. kayden picks up a commlink from the deak and presses a stud on the smooth surface. An image projects fromt he end, a human man dressed in some kind of sportswear. No. Another image... a troll dressed in jeans and a leather trench. No. Another... a portly orc wearing combat fatigues. No. Another... A human man dressed in a stylish business suit. Stop. Split image with the last one. The orc appears next to the well dressed man and Kayden smiles. Yeah... That will do. First things first...

Kayden places the comlink on the desk, still projecting the image and walks to the tall dressing mirror in the corner. Closing his eyes, Kayden begins concentrating. His breathing slows. Calculations begin streaming through his mind. Kayden exhales and begins drawing energy to him, focusing it inward, reinforcing his muscles, joints and ligaments. A warm rush fills his body and Kayden breathes in. Time dialates and for a moment, seems to stand still. Exhale... A slight pressure on his chest and the spell is done. Kayden holds up a hand and looks at the ring on his left middle finger. A simple golden band with nearly invisible engravings on it. To the ordinary observer it is nothing, a simple trinket. To him, it is a powerful tool; a focus that allows him to maintain a spell without 'holding the thread' himself. Closing his hand, Kayden locked the magical energy to the ring and let go.

Looking at the images, Kayden takes care to see the details of both images. For ten minutes he stares at them, folds of fabric, color of tusk, wrinkle at the corner of the mouth. Again he pulls energy toward himself... far more than before and again turns it inward. This time, however, the energies coalesce around him. The tall blue elf slowly morphs into a portly, dark blue haired orc dressed in an expensive, stiff mandarin collared suit. Kayden concentrates on the teeth, shifting them through various colors until it is perfect. The wrinkle... done. Kayden staggers as the energies leave, his breath short. He grabs the chair back and sits. Twenty minutes later Kayden stands and returns to the mirror. Admiring his work for only a moment, Kayden grabs his gear and heads for the door.

Half an hour later Kayden pulls into a bar called [insert name]. He needed leads on his brother and this was the kind of place he would go...

[ Spoiler ]
Notsoevildm
[18:53 PM, January 2nd, 2072; Dr. Ted‘s Black Clinic; Redmond]

It's already dark by the time Copperhead returns to the clinic. While she strides along with the easy gait of someone who owns these streets, she keeps a wary eye out for signs of ghouls. She realises she left her shotgun back at their squat, but she still has her staff, her razors and her magic. Slipping into the clinic, she gives a sigh as the heavy door closes behind her.

Dr. Ted gives her a friendly, tired smile and leads her through to the recovery area. Cutter is sitting up in bed chatting with the nurse. Some colour has returned to his skin, although he still looks a little bit drawn. Suppressing a tiny twinge of jealously she ambles over to him and gives him a big hug.

"Easy there babe. I'm still feeling a bit delicate", grunts Cutter.

She thanks Dr. Ted and Nurse several more times while helping Cutter get dressed. His clothes have been cleaned of blood, but are still stained and torn. Gonna need some more cred.

"Hey Doc, mind if I drop by tomorrow to take another look at the rabbit?"

"As long as I'm not using it, I guess that would be alright, my dear."

With another round of thanks, she helps Cutter to his feet and helps him back to their squat.

[January 3rd-5th, 2072; Redmond]
Over the next couple of days, she splits her time between looking after Cutter and visiting the clinic. While she mainly spends her time there sitting in Dr. Ted's office studying the rabbit, she also assists him with a few patients, either picking up some more first aid tips or using her healing magic to speed the recovery of patients with little or no cyberware.

As Cutter's health improves and their finances dwindle, she starts thinking about the Beast again. She hasn't heard anything from him since they went their separate ways. So while Cutter checks with his gang brothers, including Slater, for any possible 'work', she sends a message to the Beast.

<<@Beast: Hope you got the truck back okay. Just checking in to see if you heard of anything where a lady with my talents could make some yen?>>
Grimm
Copperhead
[00:00 PM, January 3rd-5th, 2072; Various Locations; Redmond]
[Dr. Ted’s Black Clinic]

Copperhead attempted time and time again to delve into the history of the stuffed rabbit and how it came to be imbued as it was. She opened herself to the aura again, letting it flow through her astral being as she studied the wisps of energy. Once more, she was greeted by the strong emotions tied to it; but this time was different. This time, everything seemed a bit sharper; a bit clearer.

She caught sight of a smiling, bouncy human little girl running along with the rabbit in her hand. The girl did not appear to be any older than five or six years old. An overwhelming feeling of love and warmth swept through Copperhead as she took in and studied the essence. Once the warmth enveloped her, she was jarred sharply out of it. A roaring noise was followed by a deeper, anguished scream. The warmth and love disappeared within a couple of seconds, all that was left was an overwhelming sense of sadness, loss, and emptiness.

Copperhead shook slightly and slipped from the astral. She wiped tears from her eyes and looked down at the rabbit; staring up at her expressionless. The lifeless eyes belied the life and energy that the rabbit had tied to it on the Astral.

[5:42 P.M., January 5th, 2072; Cutter and Copperhead’s Squat; Redmond]
The ork was doing his best to get on the mend from his ordeal in the warehouse they had attempted to raid. When he was able and finally getting total movement back, he began scouring his contacts and network for more work. That particular job they had botched had cost him more than he had made with Slater, and Copperhead did not even receive any sort of payment for the service other than rescuing Cutter. Which is what she cared about at the moment.

One thing concerned her though, the lack of contact from the Beast. Then again, this was Redmond. Most people would rather shoot you in the face than bother with pesky things like civility and goodness. It took a few days, but finally her queries to the Beast were answered. Though not exactly as she had expected. Instead of the Beast, she received the following message.

‘Greetings, Mr. and Ms. C. I am an associate of the Beast who employed him to retrieve the truck from the warehouse. I am currently seeking more assets in Redmond and would be interested in speaking with you this evening, if you are interested in some work. If you are interested, I will be screening this evening at the Muddy River Bar at 20:00 hours. Feel free to stop by.’

The message ended there and promptly deleted itself from existence.

Kayden
[07:15 P.M. January 5th, The Shock Trode, Tacoma]

Kayden glided into the parking lot of what looked to be a fairly busy bar. Loud music could be heard thumping rhythmically through the air as he felt the faint waves impact his ear drums. The neighborhood did not look to be too bad, more of an upper-lower or middle-lower class type of neighborhood. More likely than not, a good place to start to try and generate leads to find his brother.

The line moved fairly quickly as people were ushered into the bar as others were either thrown out or left on their own according. The thrown outs did not appear to happen too often, but usually they were too drunk or high to stand on their own volition once they hit the pavement. The bouncers did not even bother to check anyone for weapons or ID, they simply facilitated the movement of people in and out of the bar.

The Shock Trode appeared to be quite alive with energy tonight. A half-full house was filled with people dancing, drinking, or enjoying the latest BTL or drug-trip. The far and right wall were lined with a series of doors and booths that were likely provided for people to talk business. The main floor of the area was a combination dance floor and had several tables and chairs scattered about. Some of them even appeared to be plush. Along the left hand wall was a full-length bar with all manner of vices available.

OOC: Also man, you're going to want to stick to the lighter colors for font color changing. That blue is murder on the eyes. Pick just about anything towards the bottom of the color box and you'll be good.
DaedalusK71
Kayden
[07:20 P.M. January 5th, The Shock Trode, Tacoma]

Kayden had only thought Seattle smelled bad. Inside the bar, Kayden's senses are overwhelmed with a thousand competing odors ranging from synthcoke to someone's very bad case of B.O. Making his way to the bar, Kayden sits down on the first open seat he finds. When the bartender approaches, Kayden is rubbing the acrid smoke from his eyes. What'll it be? Kayden looks up and smiles briefly. Club soda... Please. he says. Throwing a towel over his shoulder with a frown the bartenter grabs a spigot and a glass. He places the drink on a cheap paper napkin and says Three-fifty...

Kayden reaches in a pocket and pulls out a hardcopy photo of his brother and fifty Nuyen. Seen this guy around?
Notsoevildm
[5:42 P.M., January 5th, 2072; Cutter and Copperhead’s Squat; Redmond]

Cutter was healing up slowly but surely, but Copperhead had not heard anything at all from the Beast. While the troll had seemed more than capable in a fight, she worried that he didn't seem to care whether he lived or died. When she finally received the message, she scanned it quickly.

‘Greetings, Mr. and Ms. C. I am an associate of the Beast who employed him to retrieve the truck from the warehouse. I am currently seeking more assets in Redmond and would be interested in speaking with you this evening, if you are interested in some work. If you are interested, I will be screening this evening at the Muddy River Bar at 20:00 hours. Feel free to stop by.’

What the frag?

"Hey honey, you just get a weird message on your comm? Someone claiming to be da Beast's Johnson just invited me to a meet tonight at da Muddy River Bar. You evar heard of da place? If it scans, we oughtta go. We could sure use da cred. You think one of your brothers could give us a lift over there? That rice rocket of your's aint big enough for both of us."

With that, she crawls out of bed and starts putting on her clothes and her runner face.
Grimm
Copperhead
[5:43 PM, January 5th, 2072; Copperhead and Cutter‘s Apartment; Redmond]

Cutter opened an eye and looked over at Copperhead as she got dressed. “Nah, doesn’t look like I got any messages waiting on me.” The ork pushed himself to a sitting position and heaved a great sigh loose. “But if you want to head down and check it out, I can borrow a car from someone and we can go.”

The ork stood up and began to dig around through his pile of clothes that was ever so neatly piled in a corner of the room. “Hey, my shotgun! Been lookin‘ for that.” He commented to no one in particular as he pulled it out from the bottom of the pile.

Kayden
[07:21 P.M. January 5th, The Shock Trode, Tacoma]

The bartender was a scraggly looking human who seemed to be far too thin to be healthy. He set the glass with the club soda on the bar and snapped up the creds with the picture. The bartender chewed at his bottom lip as he seemed to be giving a lot of thought to the picture. “You know, I think I have seen that fella. Think it was no more than a week or two ago. Didn’t really talk to him though. If I recall, he came in, met with some guy in a business suit and drank two synth-brews. The guy in the business suit tipped me a nice chunk of cred, which is why I remember them. Not sure who they are or where they went, the but guy in the suit looked like he was either with a Corp or the mob.”

The bartender offered the picture back to Kayden and looked at him.
DaedalusK71
[07:25 P.M. January 5th, The Shock Trode, Tacoma]

Kayden takes the photo and replaces it in his jacket pocket. Thanks He says and turns to the crowd and watches the chaos. Uwe had been here. Kayden entertained a brief thill. Perhaps this would be over well before Kayden had expected...

I need to get connected with street people... I need to find someone who knows Uwe or works with him or worked with him... Kayden scans the floor looking for someone who looked... 'street.'

[ Spoiler ]
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Grimm @ Sep 23 2010, 02:09 AM) *
5:43 PM, January 5th, 2072; Copperhead and Cutter‘s Apartment; Redmond

“But if you want to head down and check it out, I can borrow a car from someone and we can go.”

"Why don't you do dat. We're short of cred and could use some biz. But, dis time we work together. No going off solo and getting into trouble, okay. Should I get my shotgun too, or is dis da sorta place dat don't take kindly to armed trogs?"

While Cutter goes off to get the car, Copperhead cleans herself up and brushes her hair. She braids the trode net for her commlink into her hair, then ties it back in a long pony tail. She then puts in her contacts and puts on some makeup from the dwindling supply she has at the squat. Checking herself out in the long piece of mirrored glass, she nods in satisfaction. Then she locks the place up and waits down in the burned out lobby for Cutter to pick her up.
Grimm
Copperhead
[5:57 PM, January 5th, 2072; Copperhead and Cutter‘s Apartment; Redmond]

Cutter grinned at Copperhead as he gave her a brief side-hug. “Not a problem. I don’t particularly want to end up on a slab again.”

The ork headed out giving Copperhead the time she needed to finish getting dressed and making herself up. After a few minutes of waiting in the remains of the lobby of the building, Cutter pulled up in what had to be the single greatest proof of man’s ingenuity. It appeared to be the remains of a van, riddled with bullet holes and held tentatively together with compounds and duct tape. The sound of the engine seemed surprisingly smooth, but if she had passed it on the street it would’ve thought little else of it other than being a burnt out wreck.

He leaned out the window and grinned at her. “Goin’ my way, babe?”

Kayden
[07:27 P.M. January 5th, The Shock Trode, Tacoma]

Loud synth beats echoed through the Trode as Kayden scanned the crowd. He noticed all manner of strange individuals, seemingly casting away their differences for a night of unbridled debauchery. Drug and awakened drug abuse seemed to be a staple of the place, even to the point of the dealers dealing openly.

After a few minutes of observation, Kayden did notice one woman that seemed to not fit. She looked the part, but something about her was different. She wore half-shredded clothes and had several ear and facial piercing. She sported a foot tall mohawk that was dyed a rich purple. Whatever she used to hold it up, it stayed and barely swayed.

She leaned against a wall between two of the meeting room doors and just appeared to be bobbing her head to the music, smoking off a cancer stick. Her attire seemed normal for the current location, but her behavior was out of place. She seemed withdrawn, avoiding casual contact with any passersby and only stopping to exchange brief words with a few people as they approached her.

OOC: Hey guys. Sorry it took so long for the update. I went out of town to house-sit for a few days. But I’m back now. I meant to post before I went my connection was out.
DaedalusK71
[07:27 P.M. January 5th, The Shock Trode, Tacoma]

Downing the last of his drink, Kayden takes a breath and makes his way through the crowd towards her. Two meters away he catches her eye and nods, hands openly displayed to avoid any ... misunderstandings.

Over the oppressive music he tries to speak just loud enough for her to hear. I'm looking for someone. You look like a regular... any chance you've seen this man? He holds up the picture of Uwe.
Notsoevildm
[5:57 PM, January 5th, 2072; Copperhead and Cutter‘s Apartment; Redmond]

Copperhead strikes a pose, pushing out her chest and drawing back her duster to reveal a long, muscled and scaled leg.

“Depends on where you're going big boy.”

Cutter laughs and she gives him a big grin, then hops in the other side of the van. The suspension barely squeaks under her weight and she gives Cutter a sideways look as he pulls smoothly away from the sidewalk and heads towards the Muddy River bar.

“Dere's something funny about dis van. It looks like shit, but da engine is purring like a tiger and da shocks barely gave when I got in. What gives?”
Grimm
Copperhead
[5:59 PM, January 5th, 2072; In Front of Copperhead and Cutter‘s Apartment; Redmond]

Cutter shot her a sidelong glance and half-grinned. “Camouflage. Who’s going to bother to strip the parts out of a rusted out, shot up, half-burnt up pile of crap parked on the side of the road? Not to mention, it’s easy enough to get new bullet-riddled auto bodies. I wouldn’t rely much on this hunk of crap in a firefight, but for driving from Point A to Point B and not getting it stolen; works great.”

The ork reached over and squeezed the top of her thigh once before returning his hand to the handle of the pistol that sat on his lap. Taking chances in the Barrens even with something that was mobile was not likely to end in a way that was positive for them. Both of them knew it.

As the two drove along, Copperhead kept an eye on their side and periodically let herself get lost in thought. Her mind drifted away but was brought back to focus by the sound of the little girl’s disembodied humming and saying ‘Bunny will make you feel better.’ She had seemed so close to unlocking the magic behind the stuffed rabbit. Perhaps another visit to Dr. Ted would be in order later.

[6:21 PM, January 5th, 2072; In Front of Copperhead and Cutter‘s Apartment; Redmond]

The bullet-riddled van slid deftly into a parking spot on the side of the street along side the Muddy River Bar. The place was clearly a dive; but then every place in Redmond was clearly a dive. So it fit the status quo of the current locale. On the upside, it was certainly not like the glitz and glamour places that were common in the upper scale areas of Seattle. There was no waiting line and they were both able to catch a synth-brew within the first couple of minutes they waited there.

The pair sat down in a corner booth to kill some time until the meeting was scheduled to take place. The locals in the bar seemed content to be rowdy amongst themselves and periodically someone would be thrown out on their ass. For the most part, the bar seemed to be a haven of normal activity one would expect in that situation. What was unusual was the pair of men standing on either side of a door alongside of the bar. Both appeared to be wearing navy blue jumpsuits with a black armband around their upper right arm. They were both humans, both wore sunglasses, and both had neatly combed and managed hair.
Notsoevildm
[6:22 PM, January 5th, 2072; Muddy River bar; Redmond]

While Cutter goes for drinks, Copperhead uses the time to scan the bar. More importantly, she opens her senses to the astral and scans the two guys with the armbands standing by the door.

When Cutter returns with their synthahol beers, she takes a long draw and gives a contented sigh before nodding her head at the two men.

What d'ya reckon? Company men?

She then dips her fingers in the beer and traces symbols on the booth's stained table. A small snake appears and wraps itself around her arm. She asks it to go look in the room behind the two goons and then come back and tell her what it sees.

Grimm
Copperhead
[6:23 PM, January 5th, 2072; Muddy River Bar; Redmond]

Cutter sat back down next to her and set her drink in front of her. He studied the two guards intently for a moment before nodding in agreement. “Probably Corp-sec. Looks like they aren’t keen on being identified though.”

Copperhead turned her attention back to the spirit she had called forth for assistance. The snake spirit curled around her arm and gently bite at her wrist, almost as an affectionate gesture. After she made her request, she felt it slip away and off to see what was behind the door. It only took a moment before a voice hissed into her mind, “The area is blocked. I can’t see through or pass..”
Notsoevildm
[6:24 PM, January 5th, 2072; Muddy River Bar; Redmond]

Copperhead hisses in frustration. Secrets were being kept from her. “The back room's warded. Suppose dat makes sense, but I can't tell if dere is anyone back dere now or how many.”

She lets the snake wrap itself around her arm and crawl up towards her shoulder, where it promptly pops out of existence. She sips at the cheap soybeer and winks at Cutter. "Looks like we do it the old fashioned way."

She slips out of her coat and out of the booth. Sashaying up to the bar in her hot pants and bra top, she leans suggestively over the bar until she catches the barman's attention, all the while ignoring the gazes of lust or loathing from the bar's other patrons.

"Hoi dere, chummer. My man an me gots an appointment with Mr. J tonight." She points with her thumb in the direction of the two goons. "Looks like him and his homeboys is already here. We cool to head on in or we gotta wait 'til eight?"

She rests one hand on the bar making it groan, the other on her hip, and flutters her eyelids at the barman.
Grimm
Copperhead
[6:29 PM, January 5th, 2072; Muddy River Bar; Redmond]

The annoyance Copperhead felt at secrets being kept from her rose in the back of her mind as a subtle hiss. Snake seemed to be just as annoyed with the inability of the lesser spirit to pierce the veil that obscured the backroom. In turn, she felt it best to rely on a tried and true method of getting information; ensuring there was not enough blood left for the man to make well thought out decisions.

She shed some of her garb and sauntered up towards the bar counter, leaning over it. Her performance drew a good amount of attention from the masses. Catcalls were intermixed with looks and snorts of disgust. Though much leering seemed to follow the troll, no one moved near her. Most of the bar had seen her come in with the rather large, war-torn ork that she was sitting and drinking with.

"Hoi dere, chummer. My man an me gots an appointment with Mr. J tonight." She points with her thumb in the direction of the two goons. "Looks like him and his homeboys is already here. We cool to head on in or we gotta wait 'til eight?"

The bartender half-grins at Copperhead as he leans forward against the counter. He appeared to be a rather thin, almost scrawny human with scraggly facial hair and greasy black hair tied back in a pony tail. The signs of male pattern baldness and wrinkles around his eyes gave him away as a man much older than the typical tenders one found at local bars.

“Well I tell you what, honey. How about I check for you?” He pushed himself off the counter and walked over to where the pair of Corpsec guards were standing watch. The bartender and the right-hand guard exchanged some words. Eavesdroppers and those with cyberware were in for a disappointment as they had their conversation in Japanese. The bartender cocked his head sideways and gave Copperhead another inspection before his attention was drawn back to the guard. Another exchange of word in Japanese and he made his way back to the counter.

The bartender reached under the counter and produced another pair of mugs, filling them up from the one functional tap that still remained at the bar.“Mr. O can see you in just a few minutes. In the meantime, he’d like to thank you for being on time and very early, and to enjoy a drink on his yen.”

He set the drinks on the counter in front of the Snake-shaman. With a grin, he produced a small business card. “And if you are ever looking for a good time and entertaining evening, feel free to drop me a line. Just make sure that I won’t have a pissed off, cybered up ork smashing my head off the pavement because of it. I’m way too fucking old for that shit.”

In true Barrens fashion, the card seemed to be a ripped off piece of finer cardboard with a neatly written commcode and the name “Wiley” on it in handwritten ink.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Grimm @ Nov 2 2010, 02:33 PM) *
[6:29 PM, January 5th, 2072; Muddy River Bar; Redmond]

The bartender reached under the counter and produced another pair of mugs, filling them up from the one functional tap that still remained at the bar.“Mr. O can see you in just a few minutes. In the meantime, he’d like to thank you for being on time and very early, and to enjoy a drink on his yen.”

He set the drinks on the counter in front of the Snake-shaman. With a grin, he produced a small business card. “And if you are ever looking for a good time and entertaining evening, feel free to drop me a line. Just make sure that I won’t have a pissed off, cybered up ork smashing my head off the pavement because of it. I’m way too fucking old for that shit.”

In true Barrens fashion, the card seemed to be a ripped off piece of finer cardboard with a neatly written commcode and the name “Wiley” on it in handwritten ink.

Copperhead tucks the piece of cardboard into her prodigous bra with a wink.

"Don't ya worry honey", she grins at Wiley. "If I ever decide to take you up on yer offer, I'll make sure it's when my man ain't around to mash up yer head."

She scoops up the two mugs and sashays back to the booth. As she closes she grins at Cutter, then sticks our her tongue in a grimace. "Da barman was trying to hit on me. Frag he's old enough to be ma father."

She slips back into the booth opposite Cutter and takes a long draw of her synthbeer. "Da Johnson needs a few minutes and offered us a free drink. I ain't one ta turn down free booze."

She leans close to him over the table and as discreetly as possible asks him, "If dis is da same guy Beast was working fer on da last run, was he da same fella you and Slater was working fer or do we maybe got a conflict of interest here?"
Grimm
Copperhead
[6:31 PM, January 5th, 2072; Muddy River Bar; Redmond]

Cutter studied Copperhead intently as she made her way back through the bar towards him. He chuckled a bit to himself as he took the second glass.

“Well, babe. I remember you telling me how much you enjoyed havin’ ‘em older. You gonna scurry away with him into the dead of night when I’m sleepin’ sometime?

The ork turned his head again and studied the room visually while he listened to Copperhead. He shifted forward a bit in his seat and leaned forward. “Here’s the thing about, Slater. He’s one of those guys that doesn’t really talk much about what goes on his end. What I do know is he’s one of those guys you can trust with your life when he’s not getting you captured and tortured for hours. So when he ponies up and need some muscle for a job, I don’t really ask too many questions.”

A long draw from the glass emptied about half of into the ork’s stomach. He licked his lips and looked across the table at her. “What I did notice was that was definitely a Corp warehouse and those were definitely trained guards. I’m not entirely sure what business any mega would want out of this shit-hole. I mean, I know over in Puyallups there’s been a lot of minerals and shit found. But here? There’s nothing. Hell, if wanted to get really ballsy about it we could just ask the Johnson. I'm certain he'd be honest and forthright with us,” Cutter chuckled to himself as he drained another part of the synthahol.
Notsoevildm
6:31 PM, January 5th, 2072; Muddy River Bar; Redmond]

Copperhead places one cyberhand gently on Cutter's arm.

“Don't worry, darlin. You're da only old man I'm planning on sleeping with. And anyway, I'd break dat old geezer in half.

She thinks for a bit about what a corp would want down here in the barrens. Indeed, there was precious little here worth anything.

“Mebbe we should ask him. Although we would need ta be a bit subtle about it.”

She drains the last of her beer and gives a very unladylike belch and a satisfied sigh at the free beer, even it is was just watered-down synthahol. Pulling on her long coat, but leaving it open, she stands up and says, "Let's find out what dis fella wants, eh?"

She ambles over to the two goons and pauses in front of them, her arms held away from her sides. "Mr J wants to see us. We cool to go in? Or ya wanna search me first?"
Grimm
Copperhead

The ork chuckled at her as he pushed himself from the bench, leaving the empty glass behind. “Good to know that I’m the only old codger you’re interested in babe.”

He followed her lead as the two of them headed over towards the door where the two guards stood. Neither moved as they approached, only pausing to look the two meta’s over.

"Mr J wants to see us. We cool to go in? Or ya wanna search me first?" Copperhead asked them. As the first went to open his mouth he was cut off by a voice to the left.

“Sure do babe. My place or yours?” The greasy barman grinned at her. The guard on the right stared at him with an utterly humorless expression while Cutter buried his face in his hand and laughed into it.

The guards stepped to either side and one opened the door. “Mr. O. does not feel the need to search his potential operatives or contacts.”

“Trusting type is he? Wonder why he’s not dead.”

“Oh no, not at all. Mr. O. just accepts that some day he will die and that he will die violently. So there is no need to spend all of his time and nuyen worrying about it.”

“That.. Actually makes a strange amount of sense,” Cutter replied. He shook his head and headed into the meeting room that was set up in the back of the bar. The room did not appear to be in too bad of a condition. The interior of it had been set up with sound-dampening materials in addition to counter-surveillance technology in the corners of the room. Once she passed the threshhold, Copperhead could feel the shift in the magical background of the area. In the center of the room was a table with chairs around it and a plush chair on the other side. After a few minutes, a door on the opposite side of the room opened and a Japanese man entered the room with an assistant in tow.

He looked the pair over with a scrutinizing gaze before offering a shallow bow to them. “My name is Mr. Okayama. I am the employer of the one known as the Beast. My monitoring team made note that you got involved in the warehouse problem?”

Mr. Okayama sat down in the plush chair, opposite them. He had black hair, cropped close and wore two pieces out of a three piece suit. The jacket seemed to be missing in action somewhere at the moment. A shoulder-holster secured a side-arm within easy reach for the Johnson though he did not look at all concerned or phased with meeting a troll and a cybered out ork.
Notsoevildm

Copperhead returns the bow. She knew from her corp days that these asian types were big into formalities like this. She then eases herself onto the sturdier of the two chairs on her side of the table. It still groans as it takes her weight but holds.

"So how is da Beast? Ain't heard from him in a while. While he seemed like he could handle some trouble, he sure seemed to attract it too."

She pauses to let him reply. Snake is urging her to assense the man and his assistant, but now would be highly inappropriate. She pushes the thought to the back of her mind and focuses on the man. Later!

"So you say you've seen what I can do. Well, apart from da mojo, I learned most of my skills from Cutter here. So you can trust dat he can do it as well or even better than me. He's also got some enhancements, so he's fast too. So what exactly does a business man like yourself want done down here in the barrens dat needs a couple of trogs like us?"

She leans forward, resting her scaled forearms on the table, hands palm down. The gesture is not threatening, and while she certainly doesn't expect Mr O to be fazed by it, she is still a troll.
Grimm
OOC: Going to end this thread and resume posting in the main story thread, Notso. Post coming soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012