*Reserved for Character Descriptions*

pbangarth: Bongo Slade

Glyph: Tristan

Red-ROM: Max Broman

SleepIncarnate: Pyro
pbangarth
*Reserved for anything I haven't thought of yet*
pbangarth
Text colour and style conventions are in the first post, and character sheets in the second post.
Saint Sithney
Can I be Elvis Costello? embarrassed.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Oct 9 2010, 06:51 PM) *
Can I be Elvis Costello? embarrassed.gif
Will you bring Diana Krall along??
pbangarth
I'll wait for the others to pipe in before I continue.
Red-ROM
Makes sense
Red-ROM
there's a lot of active games right now. nothing stays on the front page long without constant posting
SleepIncarnate
I been busy, no days off in over a month, and while I been active on the OOC forums, not had much time for this game and the other one, so I'll try to get something done tonight or tomorrow (I supposedly have tomorrow off).
Glyph
Sorry, introductory posts are always the hardest ones for me.

Quick note: if Tristan doesn't see Pyro in the room, he will give the room a once-over with his radar sensor. If he sees anything humanoid-shaped that doesn't register to his normal vision, he won't say anything, but will just give a quick, brief nod in that direction.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Glyph @ Oct 12 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Sorry, introductory posts are always the hardest ones for me.

Quick note: if Tristan doesn't see Pyro in the room, he will give the room a once-over with his radar sensor. If he sees anything humanoid-shaped that doesn't register to his normal vision, he won't say anything, but will just give a quick, brief nod in that direction.

Is Pyro invisible?
pbangarth
Not yet. I believe SleepIncarnate is having access issues.
Glyph
Pyro might not even be in the room. Or she might be in the room, and fully visible. But Tristan's (knee-jerk and likely erroneous) impression of her means that if he doesn't see her, he'll wonder if she's invisible and about to make a dramatic entrance. Thus, a possible scan of the room with his radar sense.
Red-ROM
ahhh, ok
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 13 2010, 07:11 PM) *
Not yet. I believe SleepIncarnate is having access issues.

Not so much access issues as working lots and lots. Today is my first day off in over a month. And with the military, let's just say your hours are always long.
Red-ROM
I'm working a good deal myself, and I'm going to Tennessee on Wednesday through next Saturday. I'm gonna take the netbook with, but I can't make any promises.

Also, I want to say, out of character, that Max is supposed to be an arrogant and yet phenomenally charismatic guy. He'll probably come across as a dick most of the time because I personally lack the Charisma myself. Actually, the concept I have for him in the broad sense would probably be ineffective as a face, like an irritating used car salesman, that is successful for some weird reason. Anyway, I'm apologising ahead of time smile.gif
pbangarth
I've created the "Travelling Gwillimburys" campaign on Invisible Castle. There is a GM character for anyone who is playing that role. The roll below is merely to get things started there. Red-ROM, you can roll too (INT + CHA + modifiers) just to see how strong an impression you get.

Bongo opposing Max's 'Judge Intentions': WIL 3 + CHA 5 = 8 dice ==> 1 HIT

Red-ROM
<sigh>
charisma 5, Intuition 4, Kinesics +1, Lie detection with thermo +2
[3,2,2,1,5,2,1,1,4,2,2,3] = (1)

gotta love the dice
Glyph
Tristan resisting the judge intentions roll: 5 successes.
Red-ROM
I was really close to throwing some edge at that roll. I don't know what I'm saving it for. Oh wait, probably resisting drain.

Of course now, OOC, I think you're all lying to me wink.gif
Glyph
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 14 2010, 07:56 PM) *
Also, I want to say, out of character, that Max is supposed to be an arrogant and yet phenomenally charismatic guy. He'll probably come across as a dick most of the time because I personally lack the Charisma myself. Actually, the concept I have for him in the broad sense would probably be ineffective as a face, like an irritating used car salesman, that is successful for some weird reason. Anyway, I'm apologising ahead of time smile.gif

Yeah, I try to have my characters react to another PC's stats appropriately - a high Charisma character should have more slack.

For Tristan, I was inspired, among other things, by Jacuzzi from Baccano, someone who looks very non-threatening but is capable of being a badass. For this magic-centric group, though, I tempered that with the realization that, for people able to assense him and see that he is actually a very cybered-up individual, his meek act wouldn't work quite as well. NPCs should tend to be likelier to only see his inoffensive surface.

Man, I know this is just to break in the dice-rolling, but what a waste of a great roll! It's funny, though. The Attribute-only tests is a section I have mostly only skimmed over before. I didn't realize, when I was making Tristan, that he has such optimal stats for composure tests and for resisting judge intentions tests.
SleepIncarnate
You mean like Pyro, the slightly paranoid mage who doesn't trust any of you but still has decent charisma despite it being the lowest of the whole group at 4?
malachite333
Hello again all, I'd thought that game had died before it's first steps but there's still some life in it yet it seems. Could I re-register my interest and get back in on it?
pbangarth
QUOTE (malachite333 @ Oct 17 2010, 12:28 PM) *
Hello again all, I'd thought that game had died before it's first steps but there's still some life in it yet it seems. Could I re-register my interest and get back in on it?
The people and PCs ravensoracle put into the player list are in THIS POST in the old thread. You are one of them, and if there is no change in your PC I guess you are still on the list.

This current game is a one-off being run by me to get players and PCs introduced to each other. Someone else will have to run the next one. Four PCs, Bongo Slade, Tristan, Max Broman and Pyro have had some IC interaction in the old thread and in this one. They are the four slotted to make this run, and the only ones the Johnson is expecting to pay. I can't guarantee that I can introduce others into the play right away. But hey, I'm partly making the run up as I go, so let me think about it.
malachite333
As I said in the pm he won't mind helping out for free as long as it gets him contacts/job opportunities.
pbangarth
Hey! I used a PM so I could keep it a secret and introduce you as part of the game! All 17 others wanting to get in on the action, no hints in the thread!
malachite333
Whoops. Sorry about that it was a case of PUI, posting under the influence.
Red-ROM
Damn I'm excited to actually play a character. Max has been bumping around here for a while, and this is about how far he gets in a game before it crumbles. Thanks for picking up the slack PB. Hopefully someone will pick this up, and Bongo can get some action too.
pbangarth
Hey, Bongo always manages to get some action.

Red-ROM
que rimshot
Red-ROM
summoning spirit of man F3(with decrease charisma spell), with edge: [[6, 6, 6, 3],4,2,[6, 1],5,3,3,4,4,5,3,5] = (7)

do you want to roll for the spirit?
pbangarth
Spirit of Man gets 1 HIT, so Max has 6 services.

Drain is 2S.
Red-ROM
resist drain: [1,1,2,1,5,3,3,1] = (1)
- glitch!

Binding: hmm, need nuyen.gif 1500 in materials, availability 6, interval 2days! guess I'll start shopping now for whenever, I think I can find it myself: charisma+ negotiation:[1,5,6,1,3,6,4,5,5,4,3] = (5)

well, that'll be 2 days of shopping and still another 2 days to go apparently.
pbangarth
Nope, not a glitch. It has to be more than half the dice. You'll have no trouble sleeping this off.
Red-ROM
just checking in. I haven't forgot about this game, just waiting for others to post
SleepIncarnate
Sorry guys, with work here (deployed) and now taking 2 classes as well, plus all the extra stuff going on, haven't been really able to get into Pyro, much as I'd like to. Just assume she's following along quietly for now, ready to unleash a tirade of barbs at any moment.
pbangarth
OK. I'll move things along.
pbangarth
Wow. Didn't realize I had taken so long to "move things along." Sorry. I will do better. Life's been beating on me, too.

Anyway, Bongo is at the shop.
Red-ROM
Max would like to rent a Sports car for the meet. He is high and wants to go fast. I found car rental 100/ day.
I'm looking for a BMW 400GT (Hyundai Shin-Hyung equivalent) probably more than 100/day.
here's a roll if you need it : charisma + negotiation: [4,6,1,1,4,2,2,1,3,4,3,2] = (1)
eww.. well I got one hit
??
pbangarth
Sure, go ahead, Max can have the car, grinbig.gif but the sales agent ate Max's lunch. 150 nuyen for the day.
pbangarth
SleepIncarnate, I will take some liberty just to get everyone into the shop. I hope I capture the essence of Pyro.
pbangarth
Oh, shit. Sorry, I thought you were out of touch for a while, SleepIncarnate. Aw, hell. the story is fine, still.
SleepIncarnate
I beat you to it, you failed her horribly biggrin.gif
pbangarth
Bongo Assensing the drums: 17 dice ==> 3 HITS

Forget that! This is his major contribution to the effort, so use Edge to reroll:
14 dice ==> 10 HITS !!

Ooookayyyyy, then. I didn't count on so many hits, 13 to be exact, so I'll write it so the team can ask questions of Bongo. This will give me some time to generate more info for the team that doesn't solve the whole puzzle right here.
Red-ROM
you know what I like about Max?
his level of understanding magic is about where mine is smile.gif
pbangarth
At this point Bongo becomes a support character. I'll use him to channel info and requests for you guys, and to research the drum kit. I don't know how much longer I can hold him back from playing the drums. wobble.gif

Speaking of which, another, recent, thread on DS asks a question about Dunkelzahn's will. I looked at the will again, on AH's archive, and there are several references to music! If anyone is looking for an idea for a run, check those out, and you'll have Bongo salivating.
Glyph
This is something Tristan would know IC, but which I have no clue about as a player, just from an address - what border, exactly, does the team need to cross? I had assumed it was somewhere in the Seattle sprawl suburbs.
pbangarth
Assuming you want to go to the place in Bongo's vision, you have to go to Vancouver. That is in the Salish-Shidhe Council. You can go by land, sea or air, or some combination of those.

If you go by land, you do border stuff right close to Seattle. If you go by sea, you will go through customs in Vancouver, unless you find an 'unofficial' way to go. Same with air travel.
SleepIncarnate
Assensing 4 hits
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012