Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Games you'd like to see
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Voran
As I wait patiently (not really) for Fallout New Vegas to unlock so I can download it (Steam), I began thinking of other games I wished I could play. Then I remembered this game I played waaay back in 1995, Terminator Future Shock. Conveniently done by Bethesda Software too. Basically a FPS, with some railshooter elements (I think, I can't recall if you drove the laser truck or rode turret duty). Early 3d, decent graphics and fairly expansive levels that allowed you several ways of approaching your targets. Fairly varied post-apocalyptic landscapes and interiors.

I then got to thinking how neat it would be to use Fallout 3's engine as a basis, and make a terminator game like Future Shock. Trekking the California Landscape, avoiding HKs, or blowing them to hell, doing the same with Terminators. Interacting with locals, finding caches, exploring, etc. I suspect it would be a 'harder' game than Fallout 3, less inclined towards humor and the in-joke easter egg stuff.

I doubt it'll ever happen, though it'd be a nice dream.

What kind of games would you like to see from franchises that don't really exist anymore?
Ed_209a
QUOTE (Voran @ Oct 18 2010, 07:33 AM) *
I then got to thinking how neat it would be to use Fallout 3's engine as a basis, and make a terminator game like Future Shock. Trekking the California Landscape, avoiding HKs, or blowing them to hell, doing the same with Terminators. Interacting with locals, finding caches, exploring, etc. I suspect it would be a 'harder' game than Fallout 3, less inclined towards humor and the in-joke easter egg stuff.

I doubt it'll ever happen, though it'd be a nice dream.

Funny you mention that. I started re-playing F3 recently, and I saw a Terminator total-conversion mod that sounds just like that. It is called Cybernetic Dawn. That's all I know at this point, but I bet that is enough for Google.
Kagetenshi
I wanted to see the Chakan: The Forever Man sequel. I don't know if they could have pulled it off, but the premonition system sounded awesome.

~J
Tanegar
Homeworld 3. No One Lives Forever 3. System Shock 3 (with SS2's RPG elements intact, NOT BioShock gameplay). A proper Supreme Commander sequel. Grand Theft Auto in an Asian or European milieu. A proper Shadowrun RPG. I'm sure I could come up with a couple dozen more, given time.
Thanee
Apart from the obvious awesome Shadowrun MMORPG, something similar to the old Jagged Alliance games would be cool. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Stahlseele
i'm waiting for:
Tron Legacy
DOW2 next AddOn
WH40K Space Marine
WH40K MMORPG
F³ New Vegas.
Portal 2
Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution
Shadowrun MMORPG in the way that 6WG planned to do it, before they got shut down by M$ <.<
Mechwarrior 3015 by Smith and Tinker / Piranha Bytes.
Voran
*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* 12:22 am my time, decrypting new vegas! Yay!
Doc Chase
I...

oh no, my card on my checking account with the big bling in it arrived last night. NEW VEGAS SHALL BE MINE.

AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Oct 19 2010, 10:51 AM) *
I...

oh no, my card on my checking account with the big bling in it arrived last night. NEW VEGAS SHALL BE MINE.

Let me know when you emerge from your New Vegas trance. spin.gif
Doc Chase
QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ Oct 19 2010, 05:33 PM) *
Let me know when you emerge from your New Vegas trance. spin.gif

Game's off for, uh..

like, until Festivus.
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Oct 19 2010, 01:42 PM) *
Game's off for, uh..

like, until Festivus.

Giftmas?

I'm not quite sure if you're serious or not. But, if you are, I'll pass the memo along. wobble.gif
Doc Chase
Hah! No. We'll still run. I just need to set up D2D tonight.
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Oct 19 2010, 01:57 PM) *
Hah! No. We'll still run. I just need to set up D2D tonight.

Good to know. Also, sorry to threadjack, guys.

I'd obviously love to see a good Shadowrun MMORPG, or even just a well done RPG. I'm honestly more of a management game person, myself. Maybe something in the vein of Harvest Moon in a different setting, like building a space colony, that didn't suck.
DeadLogic
would the SR RPG be turn based? Would it be similar to western RPG's of old? (icewind dale, torment, etc)? or FPS hybrid kin to the new Fallout?
Kagetenshi
It'd really depend on what you're looking for. I think the most obvious translation would be a tactical RPG, but other approaches could be made to work, especially if you're willing to sacrifice moment-by-moment management of things like Combat Pool.

~J
Doc Chase
QUOTE (DeadLogic @ Oct 19 2010, 06:31 PM) *
would the SR RPG be turn based? Would it be similar to western RPG's of old? (icewind dale, torment, etc)? or FPS hybrid kin to the new Fallout?

It could go any of those ways. I could see it as a Fallout 2 or 3 port, or a NWN-style game where GM's could make their own modules for their groups.
Stahlseele
i'll torrent New Vegas as soon as i can find a PC version . . nut just the damn x-bawks version . .
i fucking HATE that they sell it in other parts of the world first and only later on in germany <.<
Tanegar
QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ Oct 19 2010, 12:04 PM) *
Good to know. Also, sorry to threadjack, guys.

I'd obviously love to see a good Shadowrun MMORPG, or even just a well done RPG. I'm honestly more of a management game person, myself. Maybe something in the vein of Harvest Moon in a different setting, like building a space colony, that didn't suck.

Did you ever play Startopia? Management game on a space station; I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Fabe
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 19 2010, 02:28 PM) *
i'll torrent New Vegas as soon as i can find a PC version . . nut just the damn x-bawks version . .
i fucking HATE that they sell it in other parts of the world first and only later on in germany <.<

from what I understand about German law regarding video game content They probably need the extra time to censor the hell out of it.
Doc Chase
My copy of New Vegas is d/lding on Steam right now; I'll take a peek at it when I get home tonight.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Fabe @ Oct 20 2010, 03:35 PM) *
from what I understand about German law regarding video game content They probably need the extra time to censor the hell out of it.

probably.
what's tits for americans is blood for germans <.<
Doc Chase
Preliminary user reviews hint that there may be some nastier parts to NV than there were to 3, as well as a lot more 'moral' choices. Mmm, shades of gray. I can't wait to see Nellis as a smoking ruin. Hee hee!
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Oct 19 2010, 03:43 PM) *
Did you ever play Startopia? Management game on a space station; I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Not yet. But, I'll put it on my list, and see if I can't take a look at it sometime.
Thanee
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 19 2010, 08:28 PM) *

You could also have ordered the US version online; though it's a bit late for that now, I guess. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Stahlseele
seeing how i don't have a credit card, no, i could not have ordered that i think . .
Doc Chase
They'll take PayPal.
Thanee
Also it's what, 3 days? My god! Hyberbole! You won't die from waiting 3 days longer than the US folks. wink.gif

Amazon UK also has the 22nd listed, BTW.

Bye
Thanee
Stahlseele
i am horribly impatient with things i like i'm afraid <.< . .
also, the english version has the original voice work and the gore effects.
i will, of course, buy the german collectors edition . .
Thanee
So you don't like the original voice work and the gore effects, then? wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

P.S.

isn't it a pity that common sense ain't RAW?

Hah! RC, p. 96. biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
i like the american voicework better than the german one most of the time.
Blade
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Oct 20 2010, 08:49 PM) *
They'll take PayPal.

He's German, he only pays in cash.

QUOTE (Stahlseele)
what's tits for americans is blood for germans <.<

Sometimes I like being French: I get both blood and tits in my games!

QUOTE (Stahlseele)

I hate it when I can't have the original voices and have to deal with the terrible French dubbing. Most of my Steam games are set to English (when available).
Thanee
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 21 2010, 07:22 AM) *

Was just wondering because of this...

i will, of course, buy the german collectors edition . .

But I guess the "of course" means the "collectors edition", not the "german", then. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Blade @ Oct 21 2010, 10:06 AM) *
He's German, he only pays in cash.

More or less, yes.
Sometimes I like being French: I get both blood and tits in my games!

I hate it when I can't have the original voices and have to deal with the terrible French dubbing. Most of my Steam games are set to English (when available).

IT IS WRONG TO BE FRENCH!
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 21 2010, 12:33 PM) *
Was just wondering because of this...

But I guess the "of course" means the "collectors edition", not the "german", then. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

If i can't get my grubbie Paws on an english version, you are damn right i will have to buy the german collectors edition . .
I want the goodies in there! Even if that version is in german, i'm gonna torrent and play an english version of the game. .
Thanee
I still havn't played the first part (got the GOTY edition smile.gif), so I guess I can wait a bit, still. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012