Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NPC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Mr. Mage
November 20th and 21st, SUNY New Paltz will be running its annual gaming convention, the NPC (New Paltz Convention). I am hoping to run a short one shot game of Shadowrun there.

The rest of the convention focuses primarily on video gaming but we do tend to have card games, board games and RPGs. If you happen to be nearby, stop on over and have some fun! Tickets are usually pretty cheap and we have a fairly large area to use (The entire Student Union Building I believe).

Just thought I'd mention it, do my part in helping out the guys running it.
Neurosis
Is there really only one game of SR being run in the whole con? And it's a short one, too? : /

Anyway that's in my area so I may come check it out. I feel like my chances of getting into the one game (to rule them all) of Shadowrun are low, but I might swing by anyway. Anyway, thanks for bringing another local con to my attention. : )
Mr. Mage
QUOTE (Neurosis @ Oct 19 2010, 01:52 AM) *
Is there really only one game of SR being run in the whole con? And it's a short one, too? : /

Anyway that's in my area so I may come check it out. I feel like my chances of getting into the one game (to rule them all) of Shadowrun are low, but I might swing by anyway. Anyway, thanks for bringing another local con to my attention. : )

Maybe not even that. I only said I was going to try and run a game... and its not a very big event, no where near the size of something like Dragon Con. And your chances of getting into the one game might be pretty good, most people pay attention to video games or to Magic/Yugioh, and not to the rpgs.

It might not be only one game too. It might be two sessions but likely just repeat runs, so probably wouldn't want to play in both.

I'll post more as I get more info.
Mr. Mage
So... to anyone who was interested in playing SR at the NPC (pretty much just Neurosis), it doesn't look like I will be running a game. Unfortunately, the people running the Con never got back to me after I incessantly asked to run a game. Oh well. There should be tons of other fun activities though, so you should definitely check it out anyway!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012