Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secret Projects by corporation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pollux710
I know, I know, there are tons of things listed in the supplementals but I like reaching out to the community. You guys produce some really good stuff. So, this leads me to the question

What kind of black ops, secret development projects will the Big Ten and up and comers be developing? This can be anything from manufacturing techniques, weapons RND, Cloning, Transhumanism, anything. Personally I like to look at the corporate profile and keep those same lines, i.e. Ares, at least in my mind, wouldn't be too concerned with developing subterranean farming equipment as it would be with developing more advanced weapons, vehicles and armor.

Anything and everything is good. Even the silly crap.

I'll post some once I find my damn, list, I need to learn better paper based organizational skills.
Karoline
If we told you, they wouldn't be secrets now, would they?
Udoshi
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 23 2010, 09:36 PM) *
If we told you, they wouldn't be secrets now, would they?

Keeping secrets really doesn't help a GM plot, though.
Neurosis
Renraku has enacted something very secret called Project Ultrasound in my campaign.

I'm afraid that for various reasons I can't tell you about that either, though. Sorry. : )
Pollux710
Why don't you guys just stab me in the chest?! LOL
Raiki
QUOTE (Pollux710 @ Oct 24 2010, 01:23 PM) *
Why don't you guys just stab me in the chest?! LOL

He can't, your survival is vital if Project Ultrasound is going to succeed.

~R~
kzt
There is the Ares bug inhabitation project, but they are in threats 2. Some of their other bug related stuff is briefly described in SM IIRC.
Ramorta
QUOTE (Raiki @ Oct 24 2010, 04:00 PM) *
He can't, your survival is vital if Project Ultrasound is going to succeed.

Clearly propaganda to lure him into a false sense of security.
Pollux710
You guys are freaking me out, I think I can hear something....wait, its telling me.....mmmmmmmmm.
Raiki
Excellent. Now that the subject is unconcious, move him to the labs and the project can begin.

~R~
CanRay
Ares has a secret project being headed by Theresa Montgomery.

I wonder what Dirk thinks of his little sister these days...
Blade
Ares is probably trying to turn insects spirits into obedient soldiers or something like that.
Horizon is probably trying to take over the world in a strange, mysterious and unknown way.
Raven the Trickster
QUOTE (Blade @ Oct 25 2010, 02:32 AM) *
Horizon is probably trying to take over the world in a strange, mysterious and unknown way.

Horizon's dirty little secrets are likely to come to light in the next campaign arc after DotA finishes up. Until then you'll have to make up your own.
sabs
I'm not sure which corporation would have this project but.

Here's the ingredients.
A Master Vampire
Cloning (with incorporated Genetic Modifications, including bioware as genetic mods)
Control Thoughts
HMVV modified so that when someone in infected with said strain 2 things happen.
1) The genetic modifications designed into it take effect.
2) The subject becomes incredibly easy to control thoughts.

The 'hiccups' they're having
The genetic modifications they've designed into the HMVV aren't working quite right.
Currently the control thoughts weakness is with anyone using control thoughts, and not 'keyable' in any way.

Potential Story hooks:
A run against the facility. where they get to run across mindless super fast, super dangerous clones who are being controlled by a vampire/magician using detect enemy and detect life and all sorts of other fun toys.

A run to acquire a geneticist that has recently had a breakthrough that could help them.
A run to rescue a missing person, who turns out to have been kidnapped to become a 'subject'. (like the son of a street contact.)

KarmaInferno
QUOTE (kzt @ Oct 24 2010, 03:06 PM) *
There is the Ares bug inhabitation project, but they are in threats 2. Some of their other bug related stuff is briefly described in SM IIRC.

Hey, is that the one where humans get to inhabit the bug spirits instead of the other way around?

-k
kzt
No, the bugs in animals one.
KarmaInferno
Ahh, bugpoodle. You so crazy.

-k
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 25 2010, 12:30 PM) *
Hey, is that the one where humans get to inhabit the bug spirits instead of the other way around?

-k

The rumour I heard was they were using critters (dogs, cats, etc) for the bugs to inhabit.
Grinder
People. They're always using people. Don't remember "Soylent Green"? grinbig.gif
Ascalaphus
Meanwhile in Essen: "Everything is going according to plan..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012