Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyclone with Ashley Ferrare 80s club scene...your SR club looks like this!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=U6sVlkhrpU0

(Typing from a mobile, sorry for the mobile link.)

So, today I decided to watch the movie Cyclone because I was always curious about what happened with Ashley Ferrare after Revenge of the Ninja. I guess she's not the big star of the movie, that being Heather Thomas, but I don't think there's anything else with her.

There was a club scene which, being a cheesy 80s club scene, is pretty much how I always imagined my Shadowrun clubs looking in game where the PCs go to meet the Johnson. You can't have cyberpunk without cheesy 80s punks and 80s music after all.

I was pretty sorry to note that as far as I can tell this was Ferrare's last film appearance. I felt her acting and characterization was much stronger than in RoTC.
Blade
The link for computer using people.
I think it lacks a few bright glowing things (but not too many or we'll end up with 2000's cyberpunk), both in the club and on the people, and the clothes could be better (the guy at the bar and his girlfriend are ok, but the rest are too 80's and not cyberpunk 80's enough).
Kagetenshi
Sometimes I queue up the Thunderdome scene from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome just to get into the mood.

~J
Backgammon
QUOTE (Blade @ Oct 28 2010, 04:27 AM) *
The link for computer using people.
I think it lacks a few bright glowing things (but not too many or we'll end up with 2000's cyberpunk), both in the club and on the people, and the clothes could be better (the guy at the bar and his girlfriend are ok, but the rest are too 80's and not cyberpunk 80's enough).

Yeah I agree with this assessment. It also needs more people. The 80s were crowded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012