Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real Life Shadowrun: PANs and Mesh
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Yerameyahu
http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/10/10/28/...e-Borne-Sensors
TFA:
The researchers at ECIT are investigating how small sensors carried by members of the public, in items such as next generation smartphones, could communicate with each other to create potentially vast body-to-body networks (BBNs).

The new sensors would interact to transmit data, providing 'anytime, anywhere' mobile network connectivity.
hobgoblin
only thing missing is goblinization and magic, as both asshole corps (and governments) and high tech is ready to roll. We even have "punks" turning the tech against its own creators. Just observe wikileaks in action. Or someone recording abuses of power on their phone and uploading it to youtube.
Yerameyahu
I guess you haven't seen Jersey Shore. Goblinization, check.
hobgoblin
As the location says, Europe is technically where i reside.
Yerameyahu
smile.gif Then the disease hasn't spread across the ocean yet? There's still a chance for humanity!

… Or maybe that's just evidence of powerful wards. Magic, check!
hobgoblin
all them old runes still pack a punch i guess wink.gif

heh, just had a "oh crap" kind of moment now. Reading about in-vehicle infotainment and find myself thinking that with a bit of goodwill a small van could be used as something of a apartment (minus the kitchen and bathroom). Especially once electric drive removes the need for a bulky gearbox and shaft to take up the middle space. Just make the front seats rotating, some kind of pack away table for the center area and perhaps some way to fold a couple of the seats into bed like objects. End result, a small living area complete with entertainment.

May explain the rigger with a street lifestyle and a tricked out van wink.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Oct 29 2010, 02:05 PM) *
all them old runes still pack a punch i guess wink.gif

heh, just had a "oh crap" kind of moment now. Reading about in-vehicle infotainment and find myself thinking that with a bit of goodwill a small van could be used as something of a apartment (minus the kitchen and bathroom). Especially once electric drive removes the need for a bulky gearbox and shaft to take up the middle space. Just make the front seats rotating, some kind of pack away table for the center area and perhaps some way to fold a couple of the seats into bed like objects. End result, a small living area complete with entertainment.

May explain the rigger with a street lifestyle and a tricked out van wink.gif

You def. can fit a kitchen (fridge/stove/sink) in a small van. My brother had one of the VW campers (pop-top) back in the day. Had everything you mention above. Bathroom is just an open door away smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012