Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One step closer to cyborgs/androids!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Christian Lafay
http://www.neatorama.com/2010/10/27/japane...al-expressions/
Draco18s
Also http://mashable.com/2010/04/15/nasa-robonaut2/
hobgoblin
What is the orbit data delay again? Could a operator on the ground, via a vr rig, use robonaut as replacement for going up there?
Summerstorm
Hm... first one STILL looks creepy. But not as creepy as the horror-inducing THINGS before it. Man... i really think IF they get it good enough to fool people there will be some kind of "robophobia" psychological condition: Everybody will live in fear that there are ROBOTS EVERYWHERE... planning our doom.

Hm, that reminds me... i guess that is a common problem in the sixth world too... i mean the robots, DEY TOOK OR JEWBS. Much hate and fear going on.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Oct 29 2010, 07:53 AM) *
Hm... first one STILL looks creepy. But not as creepy as the horror-inducing THINGS before it. Man... i really think IF they get it good enough to fool people there will be some kind of "robophobia" psychological condition: Everybody will live in fear that there are ROBOTS EVERYWHERE... planning our doom.

Hm, that reminds me... i guess that is a common problem in the sixth world too... i mean the robots, DEY TOOK OR JEWBS. Much hate and fear going on.

Indeed. Once anthros gets perfected, either via clever programming or remote operators from africa, the luddites will seem like a bar brawl.

I just wonder about the economy tho, as it is the very same workers that gets displaced that is supposedly going to buy all of the stuff made. I wonder if we will see eternally low interest on eternally open ended credit cards as an attempt to compensate...
Summerstorm
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Oct 29 2010, 07:56 AM) *
Indeed. Once anthros gets perfected, either via clever programming or remote operators from africa, the luddites will seem like a bar brawl.

I just wonder about the economy tho, as it is the very same workers that gets displaced that is supposedly going to buy all of the stuff made. I wonder if we will see eternally low interest on eternally open ended credit cards as an attempt to compensate...

Well, i am pretty sure that the economy, which is implied in the SR4-books does not work. If you have a huge, cheap robot workforce, you HAVE to share ressources with all people or let them die off and continue with a smaller human population.

Granted, you still need programmers and riggers/operators. But never 1:1 for any menial job. And we all see that you can buy a fully funtioning robot for a job for about one/two months payment of a metahuman, and it is implied that energy is pretty cheap too.
merashin
looks awesome, although something about the face just kinda creeps me out. The first response was just as i expected it to be, "can you f**k it", demonstrating what men truly care about.
Summerstorm
Might also be a reference to the Robot Chicken skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O_rXZ381vo
nezumi
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Oct 29 2010, 12:53 AM) *

This is precisely why I'm getting Old Glory Insurance.
Summerstorm
Hmpf... Hulu doesn't broadcast to europe...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012