Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: street names
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nikoli
Pair of Fraternal twins I played, at different tiems.
Born of a wealthy family that did not want to deal with meta-type children.

First one was a troll meat shield named Chuckles, he was born a troll.
The other was Giggle, at puberty he underwent URGE and expressed as a troll.
One suffered from hybromania (uncontrollable laughter at bloody, disturbing scenes) the other pretended to have it, neither knew each other.

Oner of my friends liked the pair so much she took one or the other as contacts with every character since.

Smiley
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
The martial arts master: Won-hung-lo

I knew a guy from the same dojo. A russian.

Kikabollockov.
Eyeless Blond
QUOTE (moosegod)
We had a human sammie named Meggido(apparently from one of the Final Fantasy games) He gave it up when the troll started calling him Meghan. Now he goes by Dynamo

[random fact]Megiddo is the name of the valley where Armageddon is supposed to take place.[/random fact]
Hot Wheels
Nightmare and Dusk, brrrr.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Smiley)
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Apr 13 2004, 02:07 PM)
The martial arts master: Won-hung-lo

I knew a guy from the same dojo. A russian.

Kikabollockov.

That one almost got me in trouble at work for laughing too loud!
Lantzer
QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)
QUOTE (moosegod @ Apr 2 2004, 02:54 PM)
We had a human sammie named Meggido(apparently from one of the Final Fantasy games)  He gave it up when the troll started calling him Meghan.  Now he goes by Dynamo

[random fact]Megiddo is the name of the valley where Armageddon is supposed to take place.[/random fact]

Random history fact:

Meggido is also the battlefield where the last arguably independent king of Israel was crushed (along with his army) when he decided to get between the empires of Egypt and Asia Minor. (The egyptians crushed him on their way north if I remember correctly.) The point of putting the "final" battle back there again is sort of a metaphor.
TimeKeeper
Had two NPCs that I would like to run, interesting back story too.
Twin elven mages, Razzle and Dazzle.
Both sisters are from the Tir, about late twentys. One was born a human, but parents and doctors covered it up with cosmetic surgery. Nothing short of a DNA test can tell the difference between the two.
KillJuice
Anytime a player uses the same name for all their characters... Typically Shade, Edge, or some animal name like Tiger and Wolf.

I despise all Troll references to size like Tiny and Mr. Big. Okay there large we understand.
simonw2000
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
In one game, all of the PC's decided to pick their street names together, with a theme. Tragically, I can only remember two of them at the moment.
Kraven Moorehead
Howie Feltersnatch.

Mad props for a mad idea! rotfl.gif
snowRaven
From my players: Edge, Scorn, Slade, Leon, Whip, Sarge, Darkness, Equalizer, Khan, Slick, Blue, Prowler, Sharpe, Fingers, Centurion, Mr Blueberry, Gonzo with an M ("Oh, Gomzo? No, Gonzo with an M"), Haubitz, Adolph (guess who he named himself after...), Crisp (burn victim), Leech, Beowulf, S8 (for section cool.gif, Silverbeard, Co-Caine, Candle, Havoc, Nails, Dreamer, Whisper, Orion, Pale Dragon, Blacksmith, Grimlock, Taurus, Lich, Will, Windwalker, Gunslinger, Ulysses, Frenchie, Quake, Black Rhino, Wrench, Blackspike, Hitchhiker... those are all I remember right now. (Yes, we've been playing for a long time, and quite frequently grinbig.gif)
Caine Hazen
We had SNake-eyes, Stalker and Scarlett in one group....

Lopez is a Rigger....the tank love proves it...
John Campbell
QUOTE (KillJuice)
I despise all Troll references to size like Tiny and Mr. Big. Okay there large we understand.

The troll probably feels the same way about it, but that won't stop idiots (and I'm talking characters in-game, not the player) from calling him that anyway and thinking that they're being original and funny.
blakkie
Does having a fake SINed cred-stick under the name "Yuri Hugh Jazz" count?

wink.gif
Nath
QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)

[more random facts] Meggido is a city. Armageddon is generally though to comes from the Hebrew 'Har Meggido', which means "Mount" or "Hill of Meggido". The city of Meggido is standing on a hill. The nearby valley is the valley of Jezreel, and the many battles for Meggido aimed at the control the main southern access to the Valley through the Carmel mountains. Meggido actually has also its own meaning : "place of crowds" or "place of troops" (its strategic position over the Valley of Jezreel implied the presence of garnison sent by differrent capitals through its history). So maybe the Armageddon is a completely different place where the rulers of the world will gather with their troops for the final battle.
LaughingTiger
Well somebody better figure it out. I've got a long running plan to set up a booth at the battlefield and make a mint.

"My god came to earth and the only thing I got was this lousy tshirt" tshirts will sell like hotcakes.

Imagine the marketing!
Smiley
{deleted}
Smiley
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
That one almost got me in trouble at work for laughing too loud!

Sorry, my bad biggrin.gif

I got the nickname for a reason, you know.
Yasha
Yasha = Translated from Japanese meaning "Female Demon"
A Psychotic ex-Lone Star Combat Medic bent on cold effectiveness and the inability to throw a grenade, yet deadly with pistols. Did I mention that she has contracted HMHVV?
Favorite quotes...
Yasha "Get out of the chopper!"
Hired rigger "What this is my cho..." Glazer to the head.

A flash bang lands in the backseat of the MPUV "oops!"
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Yasha)
"Get out of the chopper!"

The right line, of course, is just "Get out." And the expected result is the pilot nodding his head and jumping out promptly.
Maollelujah
QUOTE (Yasha)
Yasha = Translated from Japanese meaning "Female Demon"

Random Fact:

Yasha doesn't really translate as 'female demon'. Character-wise it translates as 'Night-Fork'. In reality Yasha (Yaksha) are hindu earth demons that converted to Buddhism. They are also protectors of the Buddha of Medicine, Yakushi Nyorai.
Ronin Soul
It's about now that I throw in the big list of street names we came up with on Dumpshock absolutely ages ago. The names on it range from the corny to the cool to the super corny to the super cool (not much of a range when it comes to names really)
(And BTW I resent the crack about Ronin being a totally cliched, boring name! nyahnyah.gif )
Without further ado (and I make no guarantees about the veracity of some of the translations):

Abel
Ace
Ace of Spades
Afterburn
Ai (Japanese for "love")
Akimbo
Akuma
Alabaster Underground
Alias
Anastasia
Angel
Anon
Aphrodite
Apoc
Apostle
Arachniphobia
Arael (Lion of God)
Arc Angel
arclight
Artemis
Astria
Aurora
Axler [Streetsamurai]
Baby Boy
Badger
Ballistic Betty
Bane
Banshee
Bard (or "the Bard")
Bark
Bear Paws
Beckett
Behemoth
Belladonna
Benegal
Big Z
Bishop
Bit
Blacklight
Black Pheonix
Blade
Blake
Blanc
Blaze
Blindsider (or Blindsided - useful for a blind runner)
Block
Bloody Mary
Blue
Blue Shinobi
Blur
BNI (Batteries Not Included)
Bodycount
Boomer
Born-on-the-Bayou
Bowzer [Ganger]
Brandt
Breeze
Brick
Brick
Bullseye
Burning Bright
Burnout [Cyberzombie]
Bushi
Butch
Caleb
Carrion
Cat
CC (Console Cowboy)
Chance
Charlie
Chase
Chimera
Chrome
Chrome Phoenix
Claw
Clutch
C-Note
Commodore Jones
Cook
Corpselight (the spookier the character the better)
Corrupt
Cosmo Grand
Countdown
Cricket
Crimson Scarlet
Cronos
Cross
Crow
Crunch
Crystal
Cyberella
Cyberlan
Cybert
Cygor
Cypher
Daemon Hunter Y
Dante
Daredevil
Darkchylde
Data Deva
David
Deadend
Dead-Eye
Deadman Walking
Death from Above
Deathawk
Delphi
Deuce
Deva
Dharma
Diablo
Diesel
DMZ
Doc
Doc Holiday
Dodger
Domino
Double Dee
Double Echo
Dove
Downshift
Dracul
Dread Man
Dreamer
Dreamscaper
Ebony
Eclipse
Edge
Ember
Euna (Hunger in Celtic)
Eve
Evo
Eyeball
Falcon-5
Family Man
Fei
Fenris
Feral
Finder-Keepers
Flatline
Fletch
Flex
Flower
Ford Fairlane
Foucas [Vampire Hunter]
Foxfire
Fringe
Frogtongue [Bouncer, Streetsamurai]
Frost
Frostfire
-G
Gabriel
Gallowglass
Gator
G-Force
Ghost
Ghost Dragon
Ghost Owl
Gilgamesh
Glimmer
Glitch
Gloom & Doom
Glory
Grace
Grasshopper
Gray Dawn
Grid
Griffin
Grimey
Grind
Gris-Gris (Vodoun)
Grog
Gun-Fu
Guttersnipe
Halfer in the Hood (Dwarf)
Hamfist J.
Hammer
Harbinger
Hardwire
Hat Trick
Hawk
Head Hunter
Hell-In-A-Barrel
Hero
Hollywood
Hood
Howler
Hunter
Hush Puppy
Icarus
Ice
Ice Angel
Ice Wire
Icebrand
Infiniti
Iris
Isabella
Jack
Jack of all Trades
Jäger (German for Hunter)
Jane-in-the-box
Jarman
Jasmine
Jehovah
Jezebel
Jezz
Jigsaw
Jimmy
Jimmy Jazz
Jin
Jitters
Joan
Johnny the Bull
Joy
Judas
Jude (Patron Saint of Lost Causes)
Juicer
Kane
Ken
Kensai (roughly "Sword Saint")
King
King-Maker
Kingslayer
Kitsune
Koh
Laughing Crow
Leadfoot
Leto
Lightning
Lila
Lion
Little D
Little Mikey
Loki
Lone Sky
Long Feather (prob. best as amerind)
Lotus
Lucero
Lucifer
Lupin
Macabre
Macedon
Mad Dog <Insert name starting with “M” here>
Mad Mardigan
Mad Max
Mageslayer
Magnum
Magnum Force
Malachai
Mantis
Masamune
Maximilian
Meek Reaper
Messiah
Midnight
Mind's Eye
Minos
Mirage
Mirrorman
Mista Pain
Mojo Man
Mojojojo
Mole
Monk
Moonshine
Morpheus (before "The Matrix")
Morrigan
Mort
Mr Black
Mr. Darke
Mr. Fixit ("if it ain't broke, I fixit!")
Mr. Smith
Nameless
Neko
Nemesis
Nemo (No-name)
Neon
Neon-Antichrist
New Sight
Nick Nitro
Night Rider
Nightcrawler
Nightingale
Nightshade
Nightwatch
Nitro
No-Name
Nucleus
Obsidian
Old Growler
Omen
One-Eyed Jack
Osprey
Overlord
Padre
Papa Bear
Percival
Phantasmagoria
Phoenix
Phreaker
Pipeline
Piston
Point Man
Preacher
Priest
Prime
Prometheus
Prophet
Proteus
Pyro
Quean (note spelling means shrew or hussy)
Queen Bee
Quicksilver
Radar
Ragnarock
Rain
Raine
Rajah
Rally-Cat
Ralphie
Ram
Ramjet
Raptor
Rat
Ratchet
Raven
Razorback
Razorwire
Reaper
Red
Red Baron
Red Dragon
Requiem
Re-Volt
Richter
Ricochet
Rictor
Rift Runner
Riv
Roadblock
Rock
Rogue
Rolf
Romeo
Ronin
Rook
Rubicon
Ruby
Rune
Sabbacatus
Saber
Sable
Sage
Saint
Saint Jude
Sam Sez
Sapphire
Saturn
Scar
Second Sight
Sellsword
Sensor Ghost
Seraphim (or serah)
Sergei
Seven
Sewer Jack
Shade
Shadow
Shear
Sher-Khan
Shoots-The-Moon
Shotgun James
Shyft
Sideburn
Sidesweep
Silence
Silver
Silverline
Sin
Sioux Standoff
Sister Mary
Six
Skid
Slammer
Slash
Slays-the-Rain
Sledge
Sleepy
Smiley
Smudge
Snakepit
Snoopy
Snowflake
Socrates
Sol
Soul Drinker
Soulfire
Sparrow
Spidey
Spike
Spiral
Squiggy
Stalker
Stargazer
Steel
Sticks
Sting(er)
Stitch
Stone
Straight Up
Sun-Hunter
Swan
Switch
Tabris (Angel of Free Will)
Talisman
Talon
Tank
Tare
Tarot
Tattoo
T-Bone
Team One
Tenshi (Jap - roughly Angel)
Tequila
Tetsuko (Japanese, roughly "Lady of Steel")
The Bodyguard
The Chef
The Chemist
The Concrete Warrior
The Doppleganger
The Drifter
The Goose
The Graveringer Poet
The Grifter
The Hour(s) (best for spooky characters)
The Hulk
The Jester
The Knife
The Swede
Thorn
Thorne
Three of Swords
Thunder
Thunder Cloud
Thunderwyld
Thunk
Tito
Toecutter
Toe-fu
Torque
Toy Girl
Trace
Tradewind Rider
Travesty
Trip/Tripper
Troggeater
Twin Runners [Mercenaries]
Twitch
Tyr
Ugh
Uplink
Urban Twilight
Urgewyrm
Uriel
Velvet
Veneficus (Latin for wizard or poison)
Venerable One
Vizier
Walker
Warchild
Wave Man (has the same meanings as Ronin)
Weatherman
Wedge
Wheels
Whiplash
Whisper
Will O' Wisp
Willis
Willow
Wingnut
Woo (or Wu - for Gun-fu adepts)
Wotan
Wraith
Wren
Wyrm
Zato (good for blind swordsmen!)
Zero
Zero-G
Zero Hour
Ziggurat
Z-Zoner
littlesean
Characters I have had.
Maubee-Jamaican Shark Shaman
Night Bender-Troll Silent way physad before there was a silent way, I believe (1990 or so)
The nazerene- Psychotic Jewish Troll, also a religious fanatic and heavily cybered. Imagine my surprise to see a similar character portrayed by Dolph Lundgren in Johnny Mnemonic.
Icepick-Very short lived skateboarding assasin using extendable cyberspurs, but only one at a time.
Carydon-Old man of the sea type Shark Shaman
Red Shift-Previously Red Hawk, but some of the gun nuts kept calling him Black Hawk, and he took the name from bird, not a gun, so since he had college and some background in particle physics, he changed to Red Shift. He was Amerind Hermetic Mage, focusing on mathematic relationships.

Some of the names given out in games:
Flail, given when a Physad got both arms broken when he unjacked a quadriplegic dwarf rigger from the exoskeletal walker he was plugged into, causing random signals to go to the hydraulics while his arms were deep inside it.
Hershey Boy-When a ganger went to a posh restaurant and asked for chocolate syrup for his milk. It was a bluff roll to show he was meant to be there, but he had no bluff skills and defaulted to his Charisma of 1 and rolled...a 1.
AJ-given to an ex-military type who was initially called Buttersworth from an incident while serving where a sniper took out a syrup bottle during breakfast and coated him with it. Buttersworth was too long and some one said 'Aunt Jemimah', also too long, but it got shortened to AJ as a street name with an in joke to it.
phaedrus
About the best character name I've come across was a runner in a game I GM'd. She was a stealth/special ops type named "Styx". As in, you really don't want to cross the Styx, you don't get to cross Styx twice... That would be the river Styx from mythology - the crossing between the land of the living and the dead. Of course it works really well with that old children's rhyme, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me..." Well this Styx is a nmae that really breaks bones! (I was so jealous - wished I'd thought of the name.)
imperialus
Best character name I ever had was actually a rename partway through a campaign. He had started out as a very attractive troll (CHA 4 I think) untill he ended up on the wrong end of a sub machine gun called shot to the face. After paying the hospital bills for several months while his face and skull was reconstructed to the point where he no longer had to be fed through a straw his bank account was diminished enough that he couldn't get any reconstructive surgury done to make his face look any less like it'd seen the buisness end of a lawnmower. He got tagged with the name Elfin-Face and it's stuck ever since. Even though he's long since gotten his face fixed.
Moonstone Spider
I'd like to add that to be realistic a street name should be short and simple. In a high-stress situation you don't need to be trying to say Myxsptlk when adressing the mage. The name should be 1, maybe 2 syllables. With respect to the existing Shadowrun canon, names like Hatchetman and Tinkerbell probably get shortened to "Hatch" and "Tink" on a run.
Firewall
T'Arse - Good solid name for the runners to give to the dwarf rigger. Give it a few sessions, let them enjoy the name, then point out that it is a contraction of 'Short Arse'...
simonw2000
Dude, you forgot Max Payne! Good street name, that is!
mattness pl
Well...
All my characters, in almost all RPGs I've played had the same name
MATT.

MATT Connor, MATT O'brien...
Sheesh interesting why everybody even in my real life situation call me that. smile.gif

Once I've invented female name version of MATT but it's so stupid I will not write it right here wink.gif

Oh! Once I've had character which wasn't called MATT. In Warhamer my second character was called Ender Warloken
Slait
I had a troll at one point named Ugh Mugha.
Ed Simons
Worst name? Man Demon, an elf with green skin.

The name would have made more sense if the player had bothered to mention the horns, fangs, and tail.
Ed Simons
QUOTE (Slapstick)
I also used a "jack frost." He was a vampire hunter, and I made him after the first Blade flic (Decon Frost).

I've got a Jack Frost in my game. He's a panda shapeshifter who has no idea why the previous group he ran with gave him the name.
Ed Simons
QUOTE (John Campbell)
The problem with street names is that most people don't seem to understand how they really work. You can name yourself "Shadowblade Nightstalker" if you want... but no one is going to call you that. At least not with a straight face. The name that people will actually use is the one that they hung on you, usually against your will, because of some memorable trait or action - usually an embarrassing one.

We've had a few of those in our games - Kermit, Pinball, Chew Toy, and Dance-With-Fire-Elementals.

Kermit was what we tagged Man Demon.

Pinball was what I called a human street sam who had some very bad rolls to stay standing in the back of a van during some hard maneuvering.

Chew Toy was what everyone else called him. On a run before I joined the group, Chew Toy was taken to Deadly by a bargheest in one attack, after which the critter kept chewing on him for several additional attacks, none of which caused more damage.

Dances-With-Fire-Elementals was the full mage who knew there was a ward on the building, insisted on being in a spot where he had no backup from the other PCs, and was neither astrally projecting nor percieving when the Fire Elemental showed up.
Ed Simons
QUOTE (protean)
the one name i've come to despise is whisper

My PC Whisper was a scrawny 14-year-old physad streetkid thief. He got the name from a nasty knifewound to his neck that never healed properly and left him unable to speak louder than a whisper.
equinox
How about the name Fightoren and Cleroricus? I wonder what they did for the group? Hmmm.... indifferent.gif
heliocentric
My first character was... ugh... Bodycount. Named after Ice-T's metal band.

Like many I also had a sammy named Predator.

What else, what else...

Oh, an elven decker named Gorka-Morka (the orc characters LOVED that).

Shockwave_IIc
Erm Names of characters i've seen.

Rhino~ Character name was Ryan O'brian, SURGE'd Cyclops Physad
Syn~ Elf Physad
"B"~ Bianca was the name for this Human Physad
Leon~ Human Sammie
Gilbert~ Troll Sammie
Mo~ Elven Otaku

Don't get many mages or riggers around this parts.....
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
One of my personal favorites was, "WC", short for "Windchaser", a rigger we had...

Of all people, I was the one who helped the PC come up with it. Amerind Rigger, I thought, it fit perfectly.

Not only did the others burst out laughing when they heard it, they kept making comments like, "Allright, after we correction position the water closet..."
Deadeye
What are the cheesiest, most stereotypical or just plain worst street names you've seen used?

and Deadeye have been the names of the runners I've dealt with.

Hey! I'll have you know it was "Deadeye Dick", both in honor of the old western flatvid and an unfortunate incident with a chipped hooker with a removable cybereye.

Bastards.
U_Fester
Speed Freak
Human with Wires 3, SG Link 2, spurs and and not enough essence for a trigger.
Necro Tech
Ball Crusher: The Dental hygienist.

Ajax: Hey BC, where are you?
BC: Uhhh, dunno.
Ajax: In a building, at home, outside .... What?
BC: Outside, at a street corner.
Ajax: Good, do you see a sign? Are you at an intersection...um, where two cross? There should be a sign somewhere.
BC: Uhh, ya, there it is. I'm at the corner of walk and don't walk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012