Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fable 3
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Backgammon
Currently playing this and enjoying it. Gameplay wise, it pretty similar to fable 2. What you're getting is a good story and the wonderful world of fable. It's now a industrial revolution Victorian era kind of thing. I like it a lot. You can upgrade your weapons by completing certain action, like an evil sword can start doing a dmg bonus if you murder 20 people with it, or there's one sword that gives you bonus if you sleep with a lot of people, stuff like that.

The multiplayer is improved a bit. There's also new incentives to try it. There are over 50 weapons in the game, but only 26 spawn in your world. You have to trade with other players to complete the set. However, there is no trade mechanism, just gifting. So you gotta give something to a stranger and nope they give you something back. It's not a big deal if that doesn't work out though, weapons are not very expensive and you can buy multiple version of each, specifically to give away. The costumes are neat, so dressing up is fun.

All in all it's a good game for those that enjoy a rich world and story, people looking for a tough challenge or complex gameplay may be disappointed, but that was never a surprise.
Hocus Pocus
sword that gets a bonus sleeping with alot of people, now you've peaked my interest..."sword of might" i bet eh? *wink,wink*
Backgammon
Each weapon has 3 possible improvements. One sword requires you to slepp with 20 men AND 20 women. So no matter your hero gender, you gonna have to go buck wild wink.gif
Hocus Pocus
how about i just sleep with 40 women? that way i'm a big stud
Yerameyahu
I'm kind of sad about what they took out: there are basically only 4 weapons (sword, hammer, pistol, rifle). The monarch bit is a kind of interesting gameplay element, though.
Voran
I'm running through Fable 2 before i consider buying fable 3, just to get familiar again with the world setting. I've read some of the reviews and kind of like the idea that they've condensed stuff a bit. It did sort of seem in both fable 1 and 2, you grab 1 awesome melee weapon and 1 awesome ranged weapon, stuff them with enchants (if you haven't found a legendary you like) and stick with it. Likewise, at least with fable 2, you tended to focus on one or two magic types anyway...as the casting system didn't really give me the diversity i wanted. I was actually disappointed with the fable 2 casting compared to fable 1, though I appreciated the 'you don't need a mana bar anymore', I liked being able to target an enemy and gleefully keep tapping cast (lightning) until they exploded, usually with a chain lightning effect. You can still tap magic, but its not quite the same.

I'm a little disheartened at the reviews that say your dog is even less interacted with in fable 3, basically a remote treasure seeking system.
KarmaInferno
There's a bug with the gifting system.

[ Spoiler ]

Creative players may figure out how to turn this bug into an advantage.

Even without the bug, though:
[ Spoiler ]

That said, though, it's otherwise a very enjoyable game, with tons of side quests to keep you busy. I just wish you could visit more locations from the previous games, though.

-k
Reg06
I'm finding the game annoyingly easy, and I'd like more than the two choices for gameplay I have; 1) play the linear main quest or 2) grind.
That said, I'm still playing the game when I get the chance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012