Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armor Spell
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Raven the Trickster
Ok, I must be interpreting this wrong, because it just doesn't make any sense. Is there really no benefit to casting the Armor spell at higher force, the effect is just based on hits after all? Am I missing a rule?
Halinn
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Nov 7 2010, 03:12 AM) *
Ok, I must be interpreting this wrong, because it just doesn't make any sense. Is there really no benefit to casting the Armor spell at higher force, the effect is just based on hits after all? Am I missing a rule?

Hits is limited to force of spell.

QUOTE (SR4A pg. 183)
The hits scored on the Spellcasting Test may not exceed the spell’s
Force (see Force, p. 177).
Raven the Trickster
Thanks, I knew I had to be missing something obvious, but I'm still new to the magic rules and my GM isn't much better (hell, he's the one that asked me that). There's two things I really don't know all that well yet and those are Technomancers and Mages.
pbangarth
For sustained spells such as Armor, the Force at which they are cast also affects their resistance against Counterspelling attempts. (Counterspell + Magic vs. Force + Magic {+ karma spent for Quickened spells.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012