Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crime Focused Proceedural Game in Development
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Draco18s
http://www.introversion.co.uk/subversion/

Found this today, despite being around for a while. All kinds of neat things; start at the bottom and work your way towards the current stuff.

It was unclear that the game would be focused around crime (social engineering, hacking, black bag and lead pipe, etc) until "recently" (which I mean last May or so), and the thread I found I wasn't the only one thinking "ShadowRun" even though it's going to be more like Leverage(ish) in a mostly procedurally generated city.

They've got a ton of pictures and videos of their software making a full 10 square km of city landscape in under 2 minutes, which is really snazzy.

Thought that people might like to take a look if they hadn't heard about it.
Karoline
I believe this has been posted before. I'd forgotten about it entirely though, so nice to be reminded and see that it didn't die or anything.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 9 2010, 05:27 PM) *
I believe this has been posted before. I'd forgotten about it entirely though, so nice to be reminded and see that it didn't die or anything.

I did a basic search and didn't see an existing thread, so I went ahead with a new one.

And yeah, it looks alive again. Its kind of been their back burner project that they worked on for stress relief for a while, but is back on the table as the main project.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 10 2010, 08:53 AM) *

Ah, I didn't broaden my search scope enough (I wasn't searching all of Dumpshock).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012