Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Players for an online game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
HunterHerne
I am trying to find players for a Skype based game, in Shadowrun's 4th ed. The setting is a homebrew city, in which the players can have some say on location names (in the character background, mostly). The city is on the UCAS East coast, in what is formerly the province of Nova Scotia. Players will use the standard build point system for 4th, but it is requested that players keep in mind the game will start on the street level, and build itself up from there as the characters become more well known and capable.

My work interfers with specific times to play, so I am going to run this game as a sort of PbP, and will include smaller runs for possible downtimes to individuals or smaller sections of the group, if possible. This means players can build their own stories, and really show a difference in whether they are team players or lone wolves. I also keep my world in a "living" state, so things may change for NPC's just as fast they change for the players, and actions may effect both groups indirectly.

I have no restrictions on what you are allowed to use, other then my having access to the rules for what you want. The books I currently have are the Core, Street Magic, Runner's Companion, Running Wild, Arsenal, Augmentation, and Unwired.

If you have any general questions, I will gladly answer them.
johnnytenpins
i would be interested. though never done a pbp or skype game and only been playing SR4 for about a year (and most of the time still feel like a novice). i have a couple of jobs and weird work schedules as well so i would be more leaning on the pbp. but i have a couple of new, unused character concepts ready, and with some background tweaking would be good to go. also dont know much about UCAS east of the rockies, but would be ready to explore. i do have all the SR4 books up through Vice and Corp guide on PDF if you need that material. let me know if you need more people.

john
HunterHerne
Haha. Yeah, most people in general don`t know much about UCAS east of the rockies, since that is where everything about UCAS, except Seattle, is located. Being a novice doesn`t matter much to my games, but I can be hard on things, depending where the runs take place. That is one reason the begining will be street level, to get players used to the idea of cameras an other security gear, when they won`t be hunted by paranormal SWAT. Unless they do something really big and dangerous...

I also have Vice and Corp, but felt they wouldn`t be useful to mention, as they aren`t really rules heavy. I also have the 6th world Almanac.

And, yes, I could use more players. Right now, I have 2. If I include you.
scarius
i would be keen to play in some sort of PbP or skype game, i have never done any such gaming before, but that dosent mean i cant get into it.

i would just have to know a general time when you wanted to play the skype game, as i live in austrlia
HunterHerne
I would be using Skype for the PbP game. Skype saving all the typings for later review makes this very easy to play it PbP, and things can be more easily done on the fly, or just when you have time. At least that is how it worked for me before. We had some problems with one player not being around often. So little, he kept forgetting how his spells worked...

But, if you are interested, go ahead and add me to your skype, Anchorite01. If you have a character in mind, I'd like to hear about it.
Belvidere
I'd be really interested in playing in this if there are still any slots left open. I've had a few character ideas that have been floating aroudn that I've wanted to play. And I really like the idea of a homebrew sprawl. Should I post my character concepts here or PM them? I'd give them to you on skype, but I'm work at the moment and boss might not be to happy if I installed skype on the work computers. grinbig.gif
HunterHerne
Belvidere: Send your concepts in whichever way feels best for you. I`m not that picky. I do have some room left, the players we have so far seem to be a Trickster mystic adept, a Phys adept, and a Rigger/face. I also think I can get a gunbunny playing as well, but that is up in the air right now.
Belvidere
The concepts I've been itching to play.

Clyde: Ork Biker/ Ex-Commando who runs because he was dishonorably discharged and now needs to put food on the table for his family, and no matter what he's done he still doesn't feel... right.

z33k: A hyperactive Gnome Technomancer who never knows when to stop talking, and loves cats more than anything, only problem his.... he's deathly allergic.

Tuari: Apache Adept Bounty Hunter who hunts only if the prey proves to be a good hunt, though very rarely will he kill his prey.

Pulse: An Elven Shaman who lives in the music of the world and uses his running money to sponsor the next up and coming band he bumps into.

R-Kayne: Dwarven Mage with a thirst for knowledge that will push him to his limits and beyond just to get the answers he seeks. Also a Meta Activist, believing that anything sentient deserves equal rights, not just citizenship.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Belvidere @ Nov 24 2010, 05:20 PM) *
The concepts I've been itching to play.

Clyde: Ork Biker/ Ex-Commando who runs because he was dishonorably discharged and now needs to put food on the table for his family, and no matter what he's done he still doesn't feel... right.

z33k: A hyperactive Gnome Technomancer who never knows when to stop talking, and loves cats more than anything, only problem his.... he's deathly allergic.

Tuari: Apache Adept Bounty Hunter who hunts only if the prey proves to be a good hunt, though very rarely will he kill his prey.

Pulse: An Elven Shaman who lives in the music of the world and uses his running money to sponsor the next up and coming band he bumps into.

R-Kayne: Dwarven Mage with a thirst for knowledge that will push him to his limits and beyond just to get the answers he seeks. Also a Meta Activist, believing that anything sentient deserves equal rights, not just citizenship.

Well, as much as a Technomancer would be interesting to game for, since we have a rigging face and a Hacker, that one would fall by the wayside. We are missing a mage, and either would work well enough.
I have background stories going on (from an older campaign, same setting) that they could be involved in.
Inncubi
I would like to play if you still have room for 1 more.

The character concepts that I have are a "professional runner" -means a character withe a wide skill set-, or an elven owl shaman with an artistic bent who likes to play in certain underground abrs and parties.
HunterHerne
What kind of artistic bend? Both characters seem interesting, or particularily fit the setting, and I would welcome either one.
Belvidere
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Nov 24 2010, 11:26 PM) *
Well, as much as a Technomancer would be interesting to game for, since we have a rigging face and a Hacker, that one would fall by the wayside. We are missing a mage, and either would work well enough.
I have background stories going on (from an older campaign, same setting) that they could be involved in.

Alright, I'll go ahead and write up the two of the mages and probably one other just in case. I'll shoot them your way once I finish them.
HunterHerne
That sounds good to me. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I should mention, the optioonal rules I use are a bit gritty, including the severe damage et al, both slower healing options, and damage attempted to be healed=force for the healing spells. It`s still useful, but much more troublesome, and less effective with severe injuries then it was.
Inncubi
I love gritty... could you be more specific as to the rules?

Also, for character generation, I suppose you are using SR4A? Or SR4 before Anniversary?

EDIT: Reread the first post. Now I know what books are allowed

I'll be sending the first character -the professional runner to you via Personal message-. It was created using the SR4 karma generation in the character generator from the forums here.

As to what kind of artistic instance the elf mage would have? I'm thinking guitar playing, but first check out whether the character I just sent works.
J. Packer
Any unfilled slots? I would love to play, and don't mind filling in any gaps in the party as it currently stands.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012