Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Hellfire inside
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
SinN
The Seattle streets were as worse as they'd ever been. It was mostly car jackers and murders in Redmond, but other parts of town had their specialties. Burglary in Bellveiw, drugs were getting pretty big down in the downtown area. All the club goers I suppose.
But something else was going on. Something that effected the astral as much as the matrix. Someone was moving chess peices. Everything in the order they wanted. It was unnatural. It seemed anyone who started to catch on disappeared. If they were found, the ones who found them, wished they hadn't.
Yes, somethine was wrong. And finding out might just cost us everything..

Truth had bad working leads ever since he found out Madison was alive. He used the money from his trust acount to fund his exploits. He'd been all over, Boston, New Orleans, and now Seattle. He didnt care how long it took or how much money he had to spend. He would find her. He decided to take a stop at a diner. He was hungry and had been walking for hours, questioning people.

After taking his seat and placing his order, he sits quietly for a moment, until he notices a man in the corner, in a red suit, with coat tails, and...ist that a top hat?
Touch
Red suit, tailcoats, top hat, that's rather ostentatious. Either he is a decoy to keep others of the radar, or he's important and powerful enough to show up on the radar without worry. I'll go with the later.
Truth takes in the surrounding checking for any activity the man might be trying to mask, but then studies him intently to uncover his intentions.
Truth also takes this opportunity to take a picture of the man with his image link goggles.
SinN
Upon looking at the man, Truth notices hes lookin at him, and smiling. And my God is it a develish smile. When Truth takes the picture, he cant help but notice then man posed. And also, he isnt just a man, Hes an elf, with jet black skin, and nearly glowing white hair. The red suited elf stands up and walks to Truths table.

May I have this seat? Though it came as a question, Truth gets the distinct idea, the he is not asking.
Touch
Does my response even matter? Go ahead you seem like a person does what he wants and I'm not about to get in your way.

Truth motions for him to sit and starts recording the conversation on his commlink.

may I ask why this particular seat is of interest to you mister...?
SinN
You seem like a smart boy. Id advise shutting off your device. He smiles, showing all his perfect, white teeth.

Id hate for this day to turn messy for you.
Touch
I agree I hate messes. Sorry I didn't mean to be rude, I just don't like forgetting things.

Truth reluctantly turns of the commlink.

I wish I had my backup commlink. I don't think it would matter though this guy is creepy he notices too much, and the conversations has barely started. I need a way out, just in case things turn for the worse.

Truth begins subtly canvasing the place looking for a possible exit if things turn bad.
SinN
The dark elf chuckles.

No apology neccessary, dear friend. I understand with these times. I only insist becuase I intend on being completely honest with you. And perhaps a few things are to be left off the record.

The man lights a cigarette and sits back in his chair.

Forgive my manners. My name is Kadaj. If you havent been in town long, I doubt you've heard my name. If you have, then forget everything you've heard.

He dabs the cigarette and take a long drag.

Ill cut right to it Truth. I know who you are. I know why you're here. I have been watching you since Boston. Well not me personally, but associates of mine. We've taken an interest. And Id like to offer my assistance. That is ofcourse if you're willing to help me as well.
Touch
Since Boston!! I think I'm in way over my head, but if he can help me find Madison then I have no choice.

Truth is nervous but tries to keep a calm facade.

Well Kadaj I'm willing to listen to your proposal, but if you, I mean your associates have been watching me for as long as you say it would seem that you are well above my league and I don't really know what I could bring to the table. Also would I be helping you personally or your associates?
SinN
Kadaj sits forward.

I can see that you're a humble person. I like that, but theres no need. You have exceptional detective skills. Its such a shame you waste them on only one job. Id like for you too work for me. Exclusively. Are you interested?
Touch
Exclusively? If you do know what I'm looking for than you should understand that if you can't provide the information I will be required to look for other sources. I don't mean that as a threat just the truth, I will go where the information is.

Truth hesitates for a moment.

I don't know if I want to do his dirty work but if he has the info..... for Madison

Truth says with resolve, and resignation.

If you can give the info then I am yours....

SinN
Kadaj smiles a toothy grin. Looks more like a wolf showing his teeth.

I can give you more then that dear boy. But before I give you anything, I need to see you in action. In just a few hours, you are going to be aproached by a man. Tall, skinny, slightly toned, caucasion, and meduim length dark hair. Very gruff and quite rude. Also very paranoid and a tad unstable. But he is going to attempt to enlist you to his services. He'll want you to investigate me. Find out all you can. I want you to accept his job. Take whatever payment he wishes to give you, and knowing him, it will be generous. He is obsessed with destroying me and mine. The man has become a danger to himself and others around him. So I'll urge you to keep your relationship strictly professional.

As for the information, In a days time, I will give you a disk. It will contain the information the man asked for. Give it to him and complete your job. In the meantime, I have a bit of work for you. That will require your extrodinary detecting skills. I need to find a bit of dirt on a certain corporation C.E.O. Ill be doing some bussiness with him, and Im afraid he has a bit of a track record of backing out and leaving the little guys with nothing, while he reaps the benifits. Tsk tsk, wouldnt you say? So Im going to need a lock on the back door in case he should choose to make a run for it.
Touch
Has it really come to this, digging up dirt for blackmail, but it has to be done.

Alright those task shouldn't be too problematic, any leads on where the CEO might be getting dirty or am I going in blind?
SinN
Well if I told you that, then Id be doing the work for you, now wouldnt I? He comes off a bit coy on that last sentance.

He slides a napkin in front of you.

You have four days to find me something useful. With that, he stands, tips his hat after putting it on and strolls out of the diner, twirling his cane.
Touch
Arrogant, but scary. I hope this is worth it.

Truth looks around making sure there are no prying eyes, then examines the napkin.
SinN
Truth lifts the napkin to reveal in big black letters:

Roger Mckay

Best of Luck!
xoxo
K.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Touch
Truth stores the napkin conducts a quick google search of the CEO then sends a message to his contact in the F.B.I. Abby

Hey Abby could you do me a favor I need any information you can get me on Roger Mckay, also if you could get me any info on an elf named Kadaj I have a picture if that helps

Truth sends the message and the photo of Kadaj.

I wonder whats up with the other guy that is investigating Kadaj. How would he know about me and I wonder where he will look for me I should just go about my normal business then.
SinN
You recieve a text back:

Sure, it'll take a bit. Got a desk full of work here. So be patient and Ill find what I can.

The search finds several articles about a wall street king pin, turned AA corp man. He owns several small corporations, mostly in the marine craft bussiness. Boats, and the such. He recently signed a deal with the UCAF to begin the construction of a new water craft for military and exploration purposes. Everything else is just more articles of his exploits in the stock market, and what Kadaj said about him. There is a particuclar article on how one of his companies went under. And just a month before, he sold his stock and got out, leaving everyone else with nothing.
Touch
Alright I really appreciate it.

Well at least Kadaj was telling the truth about this, and at least Mckay isn't a good it should make this job easier

Truth leaves and decides to head home to get some of his equipment then he tries to gather some information about where Mckay's main office, house, and other possible locations he may be visiting.
SinN
The corprate offce isnt hard to find. Theres one right in Seattle. His home address doesnt come up on any search. A man like that doesnt like to be found that easily.
Touch
Truth prepares for a day of staking out the office, makes a quick drive by to scope the place out. then heads back to do his usual thing.

The four day deadline is going to be an issue, this job does take precedence over the pretend one of finding out info on Kadaj, but I can't risk being seen outside of the office with someone looking to hire me. So I'll have to stick to my normal schedule and hope tall, skinny, and paranoid finds me soon.

SinN
The day goes on pretty slow as no new information comes in. Truth spends the rest of his day looking up public record on Mckay and studying up on his case notes about Madison.

At around 4 am his phones bings with a message.

Touch
Truth rests his elbows on the desk, hunched over with his hands on the back of his head, He takes a big breath. He reaches for his phone and checks his message.
SinN
The soft glow of his com screen floods over his face.

Old Match Sticks bar. 15 minutes. For a price, I can help you
Touch
Truth dresses into his bike leather like a minuteman ready for battle. Grabbing his fake ID he rushes to the street while searching the matrix for the bar. He jumps on his bike and heads towards the meeting.
SinN
It doesn't take long to find the burnt up ruins of Matchsticks. The once thriving nightclub/bar had seen better days due to a recent explosion at the back and front doors. Truth can feel the raw negative energy from the deaths.

He notices a figure standing inside the burnt out building.

It really is too bad. I liked this place. His voice is young, but Truth can sense a bit of malice.
Touch
Truth slowly approaches the man.

I'm assuming you sent the message, you said you could help?
SinN
The man considered him for a moment.

Yes.... I can help. But you...you need help me first. Call me Dreg, and with your help I can finally take that bastard down.
Touch
You will have to be more specific there are a lot of those running around. Truth says trying to sound calm and experienced in this setting.

I wish I would of thought ahead and activated this earlier. Truth tries to discreetly snap a picture of him while activating his recording function on his commlink.
SinN
The man doesn't seem to notice the picture being taken of him or the recording device.

I take it you're new in town. You'd have to be if you hadn't heard of me, or him. The man I'm trying to end calls himself Kadaj. A fucking keeb cajun from New Orleans. He's taken everything from me, and now its time we gave em a little pay back.

He notices Truths ears.

Uh...sorry. No offense.
Touch
No offense taken. Your assumptions are correct however I am new here and I haven't heard of Kadaj? or you. Truth tries to sound like he has never heard of Kadaj.

So he destroyed your life, but I honestly couldn't care less at the moment. The only thing I care about is what you have for me.
SinN
He appears visibly annoyed by the not caring comment.

Yeah I can help. I'm connected. Get you what you need. I know people, ya know? All you gotta do is get me some intel about what goes on in his nightclub. I know something is going on in there and if I could expose him, we could end him. So waddya say? Can you do this for me?
Touch
Alright he seams upset. Hopefully I can downplay my desire for the knowledge

Truth tries to sound in control and careful. Yeah? Well if he is up to something I should be able to find out something but I need to see if what you can get is worthwhile to me.
Oh.. and I wouldn't say know to something a little more monetary as well. Truth says trying to sound like a real runner.
SinN
Dreg looks confused, but obviously doesnt want to look bad.

Uh...Monetary, right.. So, what do you want?
Touch
Well from the sound of it Kadaj is not someone you want to have as an enemy, so in addition to the information I will also need 5,000 Nuyen.

If nothing else this will make me seem like your average slimy criminal.. I hope he buys it
SinN
He shuffles for second.

Alright, fine. But you better come through.
Touch
Truth can't help but smile. It worked, looks like the hard parts over.

Hiding his smile Truth says I can come through. Where should I leave the info when I'm done? Also when is the deadline?
SinN
You'll get to work tonight if Im fronting an extra 5k. I expect something in 36 hours. If you cant get anything, you get nothing. Understand? You'll be back here when your time is up.
Touch
Alright Dreg see you in 36. Truth turns around and head to his bike.

One down. Now I have to do is get something on Mckay.

Truth heads back home to get his stake out equipment then heads to Mckay's home office to start investigating/
SinN
Suprisingly, it doesnt take long before you see Mckay pack up his things, and start driving. He appears to be heading east.

Roll for Stealth to see how well you can tail him without him noticing you.

Click the spoiler!
[ Spoiler ]
Touch
Stealth Roll:

[ Spoiler ]
SinN
He doesn't seem to notice you. He continues to drive until he gets downtown to the elven district. He drives up next to a warehouse and waits approximately 20 minutes to be greeted at his car by a man dressed for the cold evening.

Roll perception
Touch
Perception Roll:

[ Spoiler ]

SinN
The two exchange something. The man hands Mckay a small baggy and Mckay hands the man some cash. Looks to be a couple hundred or so. Once the exchange has been made, the man walks away inconspicuously as Mckay drives away just the same.
Touch
Truth smiles glad that he recorded the exchange, He saves the video and starts a new one while he continues to shadow Mckay.
SinN
Mckay appears to drive home. Or just a place of residence.

Roll stealth
Touch
Truth holds his breath as he follows Mckay. I have this bit of information but I should keep following Mckay just in case he does something else.

Stealth Roll:

[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Mckays goes inside, obviously looking around for anyone who may be watching. Once inside, he walks to a couch near a windown at a couch, dumps out the contents of the small baggy, and begins to, what Truth recognizes from his time in law enforcement, start the process of shooting up whatever it was that was in the bag. All the way from cutting it, to boiling it down, to shooting it into his veins through a syringe. Mckay falls back into the couch, appearing dazed and lost in his own little world.

Roll reaction after your next action
Touch
A druggy!? Well I guess money doesn't make him that different after all.

Truth reviews the video making sure he captured it all, saves it then gets ready to head back home.

Reaction Roll:

[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Truth gets his things together and is about to drive away when he gets the feeling his not alone. Then noticed a voluptuous blonde woman standing several feet away, showing him a wicked grin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012