Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RPGI-Roll Playing Gam Interface Needs Team Members
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Stumps
Exigine, my little attempt at a company for game designers and gamers to find resources and network with eachother, is just getting going. The Forum is set-up in a basic level and we're in the process of moving the site to exigine.com from geocities.

As a kick-off to Exigine's opening, I wanted to do a project that would show the comunity that Exigine is 100% about making the gaming experiance better. Period.

The project is geared towards roll playing games, and is an extremely fresh idea.

The project aims to create a program/or service that allows users to interface with eachother in the way they do here at Dumpshock Forums for ICC gaming.
The revolution is that the program will have autotracking for the characters statistics and information. (experiance, damage, inventory, memos, maps, attributes, skills, etc...)
The GM will be able to control the environment and rules of the game before and during the game via a GM tool bar that allows for NPC generation, rule options, ban/accept/reward/penalize player options, upload file/image, dice over-ride options, etc...)

Though the users will see the games progression through a Forum style interface, their stats and toolbars might be part graphical like those found in video rpg's.

Also, this is probably the hardest part, the program has to be able to "mold" into the major styles of RPG mechanics.
D20, D10, D6, D%, etc...

Or to put it another way, the user has to be able to play D&D as well as Shadowrun off of this program and it has to be able to do all of the stat tracking as per the rules of those systems.

Basically...
Combine the following to get a general idea of how this will work:
dumpshock.com
kingsofchaos.com
heromachine.com

Also, this doesn't have to be a program. This could be an advanced Forum as well. Anyway that you think we can connect users together and do everything listed above from one service is a good medium.
------------------

The Exigine Team is small, but growing.
Help us grow and give gamers better experiances

Still needed for this project:
Programmers
Database Designers/Managers
All People Proficient with Math Calculations & Equations in at least one RPG.

People who are already on the Team:
Stumps
Sphynx
Firewall

If you are interested in this awsome project, you can either e-mail me at stumps@usa.com or post your interest and abilities here.

There is no pay for this job because the resulting program will be FREE FOR GAMERS!
Stumps
Well..actually, I think now we've got enough people.
Actually...it's more like a one man team, but Firewall is one kick ass database programmer!

The RPGi should be gearing towards Beta testing sometime in April hopefully.
I'll post again on it when we're ready for the Beta testing.

We're going to need about 4 people to run a game in the RPGi for SR to test out the Forums capabilities when it comes time for the Beta testing.
toturi
Sign me up Scotty!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012