Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NASA Moonbase Alpha
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Karoline
Very sweet game where you play an astronaut on, you guessed it, the moon. It is a great little game, and totally free, so you may as well check it out.

There are only 3 maps, which are variations of the same level, so it doesn't exactly have great staying power, but as I said, check out the price wink.gif

The graphics are really good despite not being super fancy.

Oh, it's multiplayer, up to 6 people currently.

Wish I could do this alpha game better justice, check it out, it's FREE.

Edit: Oh, and here is the steam page for it.
Fabe
I have it,not a bad little game,haven't had the chance to have a multiplayer yet so if nay one is interested in see how fast we can get the life support up and running let me know.
Wounded Ronin
Do you battle xenomorphs?
Karoline
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Nov 21 2010, 08:44 PM) *
Do you battle xenomorphs?

No, it's actually fairly realistic. You battle power and oxygen shortages when your base gets hit with comets.
Wounded Ronin
Realistic, but still a hypothetical I guess.

Still, that sounds like a lot of fun. I really love games where I can learn something by playing them.
Karoline
Well, yes, NASA doesn't currently have any moon bases.

I don't know about a ton of learning, but it is fun. And personally I kind of like the idea that you're dealing with something so... mundane and so real. No fantasy worlds, no super future tech, no space invaders. It's one of those great games that manages to make 'real life' interesting and fun.
Mr. Mage
just started downloading this game...looks like it could be an interesting little time-waster. Thanks for pointing it out
Fabe
What is really interesting about the game is that NASA never intended for it to be full game but rather a prof of concept for a planed MMORPG called "Astronaut:Moon,Mars and beyond".
Karoline
QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Nov 22 2010, 01:48 PM) *
just started downloading this game...looks like it could be an interesting little time-waster. Thanks for pointing it out

Always happy to help ensure there aren't enough hours in the day smile.gif

What is really interesting about the game is that NASA never intended for it to be full game but rather a prof of concept for a planed MMORPG called "Astronaut:Moon,Mars and beyond".

Well, it is alpha, so it still might be something like that.

Could be a cool free type MMO where you do various work on the moonbase and go out and explore and have to deal with the occasional crisis.

Also, wasn't sure if it was actually by NASA or not despite it in the title.
Doc Chase
Heh. Where all your equipment would start at 20% durability because it was built by the lowest bidder.

"LF 2 Techs and a Pilot for Sea of Tranquility, PST!"
Wounded Ronin
If you want political comedy, play SWAT 2, where you can be fired over public outrage.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Nov 23 2010, 09:14 PM) *
If you want political comedy, play SWAT 2, where you can be fired over public outrage.

I have. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012