Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Webgame
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Karoline
So, what sort of webgames do you play?

I used to play several, but stopped for ages, and decided to play some just recently.

Right now I'm checking out:
Zorg Empire - It's a fairly fun space based empire building game. It is relatively slow paced, and you don't seem to need to spend a ton of time on it, but that may change as I get further into it, will have to wait and see.
Draco - Not so sure about this game. Seems like someone played a little too much Starcraft while making this game, as the two races are painfully obviously based on the Protos and Zerg. No real idea about time investment yet, as I only started yesterday nyahnyah.gif
Mech Commander - You start out controlling a couple of Mechs with pathetic abilities and weapons and move up to a miniature army of 15 mechs with amazing weapons. A wonderful game if you only want to log on once a day, and don't have a ton of time during each log on. There is of course much more game around, and you can log on more often and stay longer, and I highly suggest it early on to learn what all there is. This is my current favorite by far.

So, feel free to post any webgames you play, as I like to crucible my webgames to find ones I enjoy the most, and maybe some other people will click your link and give you a few bonus resources or whatever smile.gif
Critias
Anything from Armor Games, but especially Warfare 1944, Warfare 1917, Steam Birds, Last Stand, or The Last Stand 2.

All are just little flash games. The Warfare duo are WWI and WWII, respectively, with fun little unit upgrades you can do, then hurling troops out to fight and take ground for you. The Last Stand games are zombie survival, with searching for weapons, scrounging for fellow survivors, and manning a barricade night after night. Steam Birds is just a fun little strategy/turn-based flying game, with machineguns, acidic gas, and all sorts of fun stuff goin' on.
Doc Chase
Mud and Blood 2. Times, like a billion.

The Kong version has my decent saves, but mudandblood.net has the latest builds with all the bells and whistles.

You start with a four-man squad and you have to defend against hordes of Germans. Based off Operation Luttich, your job is to delay the German advance with a staggering array of weaponry and reinforcements so your HQ can relocate. Because war is inherantly unfair, you can have some horrible, horrible things happen to your mans as they fight and die for the Allies. The kill counter can also rise well above what the actual numbers were for the operation.

Earning milestones in the game nets you ribbons and ranks, which infer greater bonuses to your mans and unlock different options for you, the commander. You begin as a lowly 2nd Lieutenant and can run the ranks through General, which open up different ways to start the game.

I would be remiss not to mention Infectionator: World Dominator and Mastermind: World Conqueror.
Iduno
I just started playing Die2Nite, a zombie survival game. You start in a town with 39 other players, search for resources in the desert, and build up the town's defense using the available resources. Success relies on communication (through a forum) and cooperation, which happen surprisingly often for an internet game. Not bad for a minimal time commitment. The Beta version should be ending this week sometime, and I don't know what changes the final version will have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012