Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead Dwarves Don't Dance - new cyberpunk ebook
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Derek J. Canyon
Hi,

I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to post this, but I couldn't find a "General" forum.

I'm an aspiring author and I've just self-published my first cyberpunk ebook "Dead Dwarves Don't Dance".

I'm trying to find places to advertise and market it, and I thought that the members of dumpshock might be able to point out some good blogs, forums, and websites where cyberpunk fans congregate.

So, please let me know if you can think of any such places.

Also, I notice that dumpshock doesn't have any advertising. I've been using www.projectwonderful.com, which can be used to put ads up on the forums (and it can be as unobtrusive as you want). Might be a good way to support the forums. I would certainly advertise here.

For those of you wondering about the novel, here's the synopsis:

[img]http://www.derekjcanyon.com/dancecover125.jpg[/img]

Noose, a genetically engineered dwarf mercenary, is caught in an explosive terrorist attack on a neohuman dance club in Atlanta. Stumbling alone and injured out of the flaming carnage, he embarks on a relentless and violent pursuit of the perpetrators, determined to exact his own brand of 22nd-century vengeance.

The year is 2134. The nations of previous centuries are gone, consumed by the United Globe government. Citizens are confined to vast metroplexes while the rest of Earth is restored to wilderness.

Neohumans are grown in vats, each type genetically engineered to serve humanity – flawless pleasers for gratification and ecstasy, hulking goons for war and violence, accidental psykers wreaking havoc, and more of any shape and size imaginable.

Across the squalid underbelly of the Regional Atlanta Metroplex, through the desert wasteland of the not-so-pristine wilderness, and to the peerless towers of elite society, Noose’s brutal quest for vengeance leaves a wake of destruction and death.

You can read it on Kindle, PC, Mac, IPad, IPhone, Android, and Blackberry.

It's available at Amazon for $2.99.

Stahlseele
"Dead Dwarves Don't Dance"

Depends entirely on how much juice you're willing to pumpt through them . .
Furthermore, this is probably the best place you could have chosen to place this topic in.
But be advised, that you should probably ask if this kind of thing is okay to begin with.
Problem being, of course, that you have done so with your very first posting here.
Which means you are not yet cleared for personal messages to ask such a question in.
pbangarth
Yeah, I was wondering about that Catch-22 as well.
nezumi
Any plans to release in a different format? I don't own a kindle, and I can't install software on the laptop I'd most likely be using (work laptop), so kindle-only format is sort of a non-starter for me.
Derek J. Canyon
Nezumi,

Hopefully, I'll be releasing on Nook in a few weeks.

What format could you use?
nezumi
Any of the common, open-source ones. PDF, RTF, so on and so forth. Like I said, work laptop : )
Derek J. Canyon
nezumi,

On my website, I have a free PDF of my 3 short stories set in the same cyberpunk world.

http://www.derekjcanyon.com/free.htm

I'm not currently planning to release the novel in a free, open-source format.

nezumi
I'll check out the short stories, thank you. I may pick up your book in a year or two, when I actually break down and purchase (i.e., nick) a kindle.
Derek J. Canyon
Hey, all. My cyberpunk books are now available at Smashwords for the following platforms: HTML, Javascript, epub, PDF, RTF, LRF, PDB, text.

Deard Dwarves, Dirty Deeds for $0.99

Dead Dwarves Don't Dance for $2.99

[img]http://www.derekjcanyon.com/dancecover300.jpg[/img]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012