Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Denver Missions Team 1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
J. Packer
[[Monday, April 4th, 2072 | 4:30pm | Denim nightclub basement]]

You open the door to the room, the first door on the left, and open it onto a room that looks like a medicine lodge. The floor is covered in what appear to be authentic animal skins. There are several cushions placed around a firepit in the center of the room, where a small brazier burns. The room is smoky and fragrant, and a metal chimney set above the brazier does it's fitful best to remove the smoke from the room, but leaves a haze of warm smoke regardless.

Directly across from the door, behind the brazier, is a man wearing a charcoal gray business suit, and incongruously, a full face Hopi mask emblazoned with a stylized raven. He silently gestures at you to enter and take a seat. As you enter the room, he remains totally silent.
sabs
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:30pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]
PAN = passive | Fake SiN = Lyle Emmet
Rick takes a deep breath and opens the door in front of him. Stepping inside, he blinks in surprise, but then covers it up with a slightly nervous grin. "Mr Johnson I presume."

Getting no response, Rick smooths his tailored black suit and takes a seat on one of the cushions. He positions himself to the right of Mr Johnson, so that he can see both him and the door. He feels a bit rediculous sitting indian style on a cushion in what amounts to a sweat lodge. But, if that's what it takes to get paid.

Rick is average height, and average build, though he looks 'skinny' there's hardly any excess fat on his face or hands. He's wearing a 3000 nuyen.gif suit, in the traditional Sarariman colors. (Black Suit, White Shirt, Red Tie) He looks calm, and given the smoke and heat he looks surprisingly comfortable.

He sits quietly, using his time to open up a folder on "Mr Johnson" Including a current picture, Raven Mask and All, and prepares to mentally dictate notes as the meeting goes underway.
Isinghar
Cruiser; PAN = Passive, Fake SIN: Marcos del Campo

Cruiser rushes down the stairs and noisily opens the room door... Caught slightly out of breath he stands in the doorway breathing heavily and coughs loudly when he takes a lungful of the fragrant smoke burning in the room. "Ahhhm... sorry I'm late... err Mr. Johnson" he looks bewildered by the scene in front of him, and quickly looks between the Raven Mask Man and the Black suit man, wondering which one is Mr. Johnson.

He awkwardly steps in, trying not to step on a cushion and takes a seat closest to the door.

He is a tall ork, wearing a heavy black jacket, a red flannel button-down shirt and jeans. His combat boots are scruffy but of good quality, and he has a shining chromed German motorcycle helmet in his hands. Yes, the one with a spike sticking out. He toys nervously with the helmet as he looks around the room.

Faraday
Warden; PAN = Passive, Fake SIN: Thomas Mylekovich

Warden ambles down the stairs and heads for the door, noticing someone just ahead of him to close it. Made it just in time, eh? He opens the door and sees a bunch of ork clad in heavy black jacket standing in front of him. "'Scuse me there partner, you here for White Raven? Name's Warden by the way."

Anyone taking a look at him will see a wirey ork, a little shorter than Cruiser, wearing denim jeans, button-down denim shirt, and a black, bulky jacket. He has a loaded smartpack slung over one shoulder and a pair nice glasses on as well. He waits patiently just outside the open door.
J. Packer
As you begin to pile up at the door, the man in the suit with the raven's head mask gestures, silently, to the cushions, indicating that you ought to have a seat.
Thanee
Ghost; PAN = Passive, Fake SIN: Elayne Allister

A young woman also enters the room. She is not tall, maybe five and a half foot, with a slender body. Her ash-blonde hair is worn short and with a trendy cut, and her icy blue eyes curiously take in the whole scene from a fair-skinned, pretty face. The rest of her appearance is quite dark, as her clothing is mostly black and dark green. She is wearing black denim jeans, leather boots and a hooded zipper with a dark green outdoor vest on top. She doesn't have any bulky gear or apparant weapons with her.

As she is just about to speak a word, the masked man silently gestures towards the cushions, and so she stops right in her tracks and doesn't say anything for now. Instead she just nods and takes a free seat, sitting down cross-legged, her whole moves being lithe and lissom.

Weird! Hopefully this is the right room...
sabs
PAN = passive | Fake SiN = Lyle Emmet

Rick looks around at the new arrivals and opens up a folder and contact sheet on each one. Pinging their commlinks for their bios and basic personal information,w hich he dutifully attaches to their files. Each file is carefully annotated and tagged for ease of searching.

Just think of this as a cold sales meeting. It's not any different. No Really, It's not.

Rick nods to each of the arrivals in a form of greeting. He's tempted to say hello, but silence seems to be the appropriate meeting etiquette, so silence it is. Rick is classically handsome, with perfect black hair, and piercing green eyes. If anything, his appearance looks like it came straight out of a "Better You®" Magazine. He does have one noticeable piece of gear, on a belt holster he has an Evo "Safe'n'Secure"™ Personal Protection Taser.

J. Packer
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:31pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

With the arrival of the woman, the man in the mask speaks for the first time.

"All who are expected have arrived. I had invited a fifth, but sometimes, the spirits have other plans. Please, gentlemen, take a seat and we will begin"

He waits for the two orks to find cushions before he continues. His accent is odd, and hard to place, a job made more difficult by the mask that he wears that lends a hollow echo to his words.

"As you likely suspect, my name is Mr. Johnson, and I appreciate your coming on such short notice. I have need of a very secure courier service to deliver a package to a friend. Unfortunately, I suspect that there might be elements out there that would prefer to intercept this package, rather than see it safely delivered. The distance it needs to be transported is not far, within the Front Range Free Zone, though the destination is, regrettably, in the UCAS sector."
He glances down at his comm before continuing.

"Another concern is that absolutely must be delivered by 7:00pm tonight. That leaves a few minutes less than two hours."

He looks up at each of you in turn and then prompts, "Questions?"
sabs
Rick Noland
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:31pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Looking around at the others, Nick tried to figure out what the proper etiquette for this would be. He had many questions, but he wasn't sure who should talk first. But still, this was a business meeting, and he was good at those.

"uh.. Mr Johnson. This package. I had a few questions.

What are it's physical characteristics?
Does it require special handling?
And I suppose most importantly, will it require special considerations when crossing the border checkpoints?"

Rick had avoided using bizspeak, but only barely.

Asking about the money might have been a better move, but Rick completely lacked any comparison pricing to understand if he would be negotiating low or high. He'd work on that part after they had more information.'
J. Packer
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:32pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

"Valid questions, all. While I don't want to disclose too many details until we have come to an agreement as to your desire to take on the job, I will say that the package is small, nondescript, ought not to draw undue attention to itself if it's not being waved about, and requires no special attention - in fact, the less attention paid, the better."

He smiles at this. "Sorry to be so cryptic, but suffice to say that the package itself is not hazardous or difficult to transport."
Faraday
Playing package delivery, really? Well, beggars can't be choosers, I guess. Warden makes sure to take each of his potential partners in, the all seemed reliable, except for the guy in the fancy suit. C'mon buddy, this ain't the mafioso. When Rick gets his questions answered, Warden pipes up.

"Seems simple enough, I can't come up with anything else that you would probably answer before we took the job. I guess I just have to ask what the compensation will be, and if there are any... bonuses we could pick up?"
J. Packer
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:34pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

"Given that this is a rush job," he replies, "and a scratch team, and this is a very important delivery, I can be a little more generous in terms of payment."

He reaches into an inside pocket and pulls out four standard credsticks, dull gray nondescript tubes.

"1500 each, in advance. And another 1500 upon successful completion of the job."

He turns again to Warden.

"As for other bonuses, part of the reason that you were selected for this operation is that you are new to the shadows in Denver. It is difficult to find people who aren't working their own con anymore, and while I can't speak for my friend at your destination, a successful and satisfying conclusion to the operation will earn you my gratitude, and further consideration for future jobs as they become available."

Speaking finally to the group as a whole, he asks, "Is that sufficient inducement?"
Thanee
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:34pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Wow! That man certainly wasn't kidding, when he said lucrative...

She was excited, but she had herself well under control, so she was remaining perfectly calm on the outside. Well, as much as possible, anyways.

When there was a moment of silence, the young woman spoke up.

"I am definitely interested. Can you provide further information about the elements you spoke of? You surely aren't paying us this kind of money for a simple trip through the city. What will we have to expect?"

She simply denies the request to access her commlink, once she becomes aware of it.
Isinghar

Cruiser sits quietly listening intently to the conversation and questions being asked, 3000 for a quick parcel drop?!? Must be drugs or something... So what! Who am I to judge anyway? You're not a copper anymore... remember that, plus you need the money and it's definately a big chunk of change. These other guys must be pro's; they're so cool and collected, they most probably can see right through me and can tell I'm a newbie at this...

He waits for the young blonde to finish and says, "I too am in. Will need more details on who are the parties interested in aborting the drop, so that we can be prepared and ensure success. I am good with the cred you've offered Mr. Johnson." He pauses for a second and then looking around the room, and speaking to Mr. Johnson and the rest of the team, "They call me Cruiser by the way."
Faraday
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:35pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Shit, 3k? I'll bite.

"I like that price, Mr. Johnson, I am in as well. In case you didn't hear me beforehand, the name's Warden." He smiles his toothy ork smile and acknowledges Cruiser.
sabs
PAN=Passive | Fake SIN=Lyle Emmet

Three thousand could definitely buy a place to live, maybe pay Erik back some.

"I am in as well."
He nods to Warden as he introduces himself, and seems to be about to answer in kind, when he realizes he doesn't have any name to give. "Lyle" He says lamely after a second.

Warden - He adds the name to his file, must be some kind of handle.

Rick waits for Mr Johnson to give them detailed information, so he can do more research.
J. Packer

"Well," he says with a satisfied sigh, "it is nice to work with professionals!"

He produces a standard sized manila envelope, about twelve inches long, nine wide, and not much thicker than if it were entirely empty.

"This envelope contains a hardcopy letter from the Koshari leadership council. It must be delivered to 4923 Billings Street, in the Montbello district, up in the UCAS."

The envelope has CONFIDENTIAL in large red letters near the top and it is sealed with a tamper-proof seal. He proffers the envelope to Lyle, to his right. As the you examine the letter up close, he continues with more information.

"Several organizations, both governmental and less formal private concerns might objects to the contents of this package. Their reasons are varied, but the interest level is sure to be high. The intended delivery has not remained a secret - thus our need for skilled couriers. Especially ones like yourselves, who are neutral parties, not beholden to either the Koshari or to those to whom it is to be delivered."

He watches as you each take a turn holding and examining the enveope.

"The time of day we chose for the meet was deliberate. Rush hour is starting, and the security procedures are more lax than under normal conditions. On the other hand, I have contact information for a pair of coyotes who would help you to cross the borders by unofficial channels if you are interested in that information. You have just over two hours to make the delivery. As this was laid on with some haste, please let me know if there are other ways in which I can be of assistance to the operation."
Thanee

"I'm Ghost," the young woman says, when Mr. Johnson is finished, not wanting to interrupt him.

"I suppose this may not be opened for repackaging? We would definitely need something to wrap this in, to make it a little more unobtrusive."
sabs
Rick Noland
[Monday April 4th | 4:36pm | Denim Night Club Basement]
PAN = Passive | Fake SIN = Lyle Emmet

Rick examines the envelope, trying to gleam some additional information from the plain manilla item. He begins a pair of datasearches, as he listens to the others ask their questions.

The first, overlaying his map of Denver, he plots out the various routes to 4923 Billings Street to determine which border crossings will have to be attempted, and what the most direct routes are. Rick accesses Denver's Plan Your Ride™ Grid Guide information to find out what the usual rush hour gridlocks are between the Night club and the building.

He also brings up everything he can on said address. Building Directory, Building Owners, anything available under public information. And less than public information, if he can find anything.

Ghost's handle gets added to her file, including the audio recording of her voice, separated out from the rest of the conversation.

We probably want to cross the borders ourselves, and not use a Coyote.. but I won't know enough until I get to see where we have to cross.
Isinghar
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:36pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

An envelope? That's it? OK... should be a piece of cake.

Cruiser accesses his GPS and Denver mapsofts and looks for the best routes to 4923 Billings Street. Noticing that it is within the UCAS, he realizes a border crossing means dealing with the pigs from Knight Errant.

"Mr. Johnson could you please send me the information about the coyotes offered. I would rather deal with a criminal I do not know well, than with the Knight Errant assholes and all their shit", he seems to relish in insulting Knight Errant, and scans the room with a have snarl, looking to see if any of the others have different plans in mind.

sabs
Rick Noland

Rick blinks slightly in reaction to the Ork's vehemence about Knight Errant. He adds the information to the file he's building slowly on said Ork.

Problems with Authority Figures, Does not like Criminals. Possibly anti-Knight Errant?

He frowns a bit and considers, "Do you not think that dealing with the border crossing ourselves would be... More prudent?" And cheaper.
J. Packer

"What's the old phrase, from back when we actually sent letters? 'Do not bend, spindle, fold or mutilate,' I believe was how it went." For the first time, you begin to hear in his voice that Mr. Johnson is not a young man. "You may disguise that parcel in any way that does not compromise it - zip it up inside a jacket, put it in a satchel, whatever."

He pauses to tend the brazier, sending a cloud of warm smoke into the room as he stirs the fragrant coals - cedar, maybe? - while he listens to the cross-talk.

"There are two coyotes that I can recommend," he says, sending their information to each of you. "Stalker runs the PCC/CAS border, and Peaches the border between the CAS and the UCAS. Both are entirely reliable, and for this job, the cost of their services can be assumed by the Koshari leadership. You four are young and lean - it would be unkind to pick at your thin profit margins." His chuckle echoes behind the imposing raven-head mask.

Rick and Cruiser are both looking at maps on their comms that show the most direct route to get back onto Colfax and take it east, all the way across the CAS sector to the wall that separates them from the Aurora Warrens, then up Interstate 225 to Interstate 70 and then into the Montbello section of town from there. There are indications of traffic in all of the east-west corridors that cross the CAS, however, including Colfax - not due to construction or other problems, but just because of the increase in utilization that the software calls "volume slowing."

"Regardless of the means you choose, I know that you each arrived here separately. Do you have a sufficient vehicle for the trip? It would not do well to trust to mass transit during rush hour when time is of the essence."
Isinghar
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:36pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Crusier waits for Mr. Johnson to complete his response, "I have a motorcycle..."

He then looks at the man in the black suit and nods his head slightly, "Not sure if it would be more prudent to cross the borders ourselves, it would definately mean getting fewer parties involved", he seems to be mulling it over in his head.

I do not want them to know I am new in the city and have few contacts; I would like to meet folks who can help me get around the border crossings. This time the package looks simple enough to carry across a border, but next time I may want more discretion. If Mr. Johnson here knows of some reliable coyotes I would like to meet them.

"I still would prefer to avoid having to deal with the Knight Errant idiots...", he seems less sure of himself, as though not having expected push back on his request and unsure how to proceed.
Thanee
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:37pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

He seems very generous... I should be wary. Hopefully he just means it like he says.

"I am in favor of talking to the coyotes. The border might not be that difficult to traverse, but it surely will be one point, those elements will be watching. As for the vehicle, I do not have one, I'm afraid."
sabs
Rick Noland
[Monday April 4th | 4:38pm | Denim Night Club Basement]

Rick considers the possible routes to take. He highlights a couple of different possibilities. It seems really straight forward.

"I have a car, it's small, but it should fit anyone who doesn't have their own ride."

He contemplates, before continuing. "If you think using the Coyotes is the best way. It just seems short notice. And I hate to put the success of this delivery in the hands of a pair of Coyotes."
J. Packer

"Regardless of your decisions, I believe that our work here together is done. I would hate to cut any further into your time. Unless you have further questions?"

He makes no move to depart, but you can hear the dismissal inherent in his words.
Thanee
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:38pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

"Only some obvious ones... How would we get into contact with Stalker and Peaches? Assuming everything goes well, will we meet again for our second payment, or will we receive it upon delivery? And, since you spoke of additional work, how would we get into contact then?"
J. Packer

He laughs, heartily. "Long term planning - that is good. Yes, you will be paid at the destination. If you run into any problems there, you may contact me." He manipulates his comm. "There, that's my comm ID as well as those for the two coyotes. And if additional work becomes available, I will be sure to speak to the fixers with whom you worked to find me this time."
Thanee

"Hmm... okay. I guess the man who sent me here will find a way to contact me, though I do not know him apart from a very short meeting today."
Faraday
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:40pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Warden mulls over the conversation and the options. I'd hate to trust more folks than I have to...
"Look, I understand if you have your misgivings about dealing with police forces, but the fewer people involved with this, the better. I say we cross the border ourselves, it shouldn't be too hard. Hell, I brought Jessie along and she passed muster."

Warden pats his backpack. He doesn't indicate who "Jessie" is though.

"As for transport, I don't have my own wheels, but I do have skates."
sabs
Rick Noland

Rick stores the commlink information away, and listens to the others.

"Thank You Mr Johnson. Would it be alright if we used this room for a few minutes to plan our travel arrangements?"

He knows they were dismissed, but he really would prefer to use this room, then to try to go upstairs and hash this out where other people might over hear.
J. Packer

"By all means," he says, though he makes no move to leave.
sabs
Rick Noland
[Monday April 4th | 4:39pm | Denim Night Club Basement]

"It sounds like we have one motorcycle and one Car." He looks between the other three Runners.
He's used to running meetings with big shots just sitting there evaluating, and he's not going to let the fact that this one is wearing a Freaking Raven Tribal Mask freak him out.

"Ghost? Was it? Can ride with me, as well as Warden" If the fact that he's using Runner Handles is something new, he doesn't seem to let it bother him.

"Cruiser here.. " Indicating the other Ork, "can ride his motorcyle as an escort. He'll have an easier time keeping up with us in rush hour traffic, then we will with him."

He seems casual, trying to bring everyone into the conversation, as if he hadn't just met the three runners, less than 10 minutes ago.

Thanee

"Good. Let's see... There are two important questions we need to get an answer to before we leave. Where will we get over the border, and who will carry the package. If we take the official transition, I believe it would be best if we crossed individually, and not as a group. We should get into vincinity of the border together, but then split up, not too far, of course, in case of trouble, and meet again, once we are past. What do you say?"
Faraday

Warden nods sagely.
"I think Ghost is mostly right on this one. However, I believe Ghost and Lyle should ride together through the border. I'll get off by myself at the UCAS border as I've already crossed once today and I can move faster on foot if there's a lot of traffic. As for who carries it... I think Ghost should. You two" He points at Ghost and Lyle , "can pass for lovers if the border guard starts to ask questions. They shouldn't, if it's rush hour, but it won't hurt to be safe. If we run into trouble from outside the law along the way, I can have Jessie ready to roll in maybe half a minute, and we'll have cover from Cruiser to boot.

Sound like a plan?"
sabs
Rick Noland
[Monday April 4th | 4:39pm | Denim Night Club Basement]

"That does sound like a good plan. We can drop you off just before and after the CAS crossing, and then the UCAS crossing." He looks from the two orks to Ghost.

"My car isn't armored in any way. A running gun battle, if it happens will be a problem."

He's mentally considering his options. "Should we get moving? We have 1 hour 51 minutes"
Faraday
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:39pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Warden nods. "Don't worry, I'm a good shot, and Jessie'll usually take someone down in one or two hits. If there are no further objections, then let's do this already. Time's wasting."

He picks up one of the credsticks from the table and starts for the door.
J. Packer
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:45pm | Denim Nightclub]

Together you traipse back up the stairs into the bar. Little has changed in the fifteen minutes you were downstairs - really? Had it only been a quarter hour? - a few folks still at the tables, and one at the bar. You head for the door, when the man standing at the bar turns around and points at Rick.

"You! It was you, wasn't it? I heard you up here, sweet talkin' her. You and your precious damn root beer." He is quite visibly drunk, and looks ready to advance on you.
sabs
Rick Noland
[Monday April 4th | 4:45pm | Denim Night Club]

Rick blinks, and stares down at the sasparilla in his hand. "I was only asking for direction. I must apologize sir, if I have accidentally given you the wrong idea. Let me buy you a drink.. " He offers with a smile.

This is really not the time.

He nods to the others, "I'll be right out."
Thanee
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:45pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Before they were heading out, Ghost picked up one of the credsticks herself, and stashed the envelope away under her clothing on the back.

Drink... right... where did I place that glass? Elayne wonders.

She looks at the drunk guy asking for trouble, but Lyle seems to handle it well enough, so she slowly heads towards the exit, keeping an eye open, in case the guy really goes crazy.
J. Packer
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:45pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Rick pours on the charm - he's dealt with drunk sales managers before, this ought to be a piece of cake - and moves towards the man. The drunk's face is full of rage, but he at least listens instead of just swinging at you.

The other three of you head to the parking lot, keeping an eye on your new partner, but by the time you're at the door, he's managed to get the fellow to the bar, and the bartender is pouring him a drink.

To Rick she says, sotto voce, "Drink's on the house. Thanks for not being a belligerent ass like he is. I'd hate to have called the PuebSec guys out over something foolish like this." You notice a ping on your comm - a request to accept her contact information. She smiles weakly and says "Just in case you were flirting with me and I was too dumb to notice..." and she moves down to stand opposite her drunken patron.

By the time you manage to extricate yourself from the situation and make it out to the parking lot, your comm is indicating 4:55pm. You can only hope that your fellows used the time more wisely than you were forced to.
Faraday
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:39pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

Warden lets Lyle catch up and falls in stride with him as he heads out the door.

"Smooth one, salaryman. That'll definitely come in handy at the border."
Isinghar
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:45pm | Denim Nightclub Parking lot]

Cruiser gets on his bike and fires it up. The credstick he picked up from the meeting room table a reassuring weight in his jacket pocket. Black Suit did a good job handling that drunk. He may be more useful than I gave him credit for...

As he waits for Black Suit to catch up he scans the car looking for any RFID's, so that he can keep track of the vehicle in case they separate.
sabs
Rick Noland
[Monday April 4th | 4:55pm | Parking lot of the Denim Night Club]

Rick nods to the bartender and files her commcode information away, it might well come in handy later.

That was a most unfortunate event, and it used up a veritable truckload of time.

Activating his car on the way, Rick steps out of the Denim Club and looks around for his new acquaintances.

"I must apologize for that unfortunate incident. An unfortunate misunderstanding." He opens the passenger door for Ghost, as the car pulls itself up. "Shall we get going? I'm afraid we've lost quite a bit of time."

"We should exchange commcodes, so we can coordinate border crossings." Not to mention so they can call for backup should anything go wrong.

Putting his words to action he pings the others, exchanging commcodes.
Thanee
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:55pm | Denim Nightclub Parking Lot]

"Yes, we should definitely do so before we seperate."

Ghost will then give the others her commcode.
Faraday
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:55pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]

"Agreed." Warden Pings his commcode to the rest of the team, then crams himself into the backseat of the jackrabbit. His pack barely fits between his legs, good thing he's a little smaller than the usual Ork. Frag, this is worse than the bus.
Isinghar

Cruiser pings his commcode to the team, and revs his bike... He's ready to go!
J. Packer

Your online maps show that the trip to the border with the CAS is a 20 minute drive. As you approach, you can see the wall looming ahead. It's never seemed quite so ominous before, but that's twenty feet of reinforced concrete, topped with razor wire, on the PCC side. As you approach, traffic starts to build a bit, but nothing that's got you stopping by any means. You get within a couple minutes of the checkpoint and stop to let Warden out so he can make his own way through the checkpoint. Ahead you see that there are pretty long lines of cars running out of each of the gateways that lead back into the CAS. Rush hour might be a good time for lax practices, but it's also a terrible time for getting through quickly.

You jockey for position in a line and see Warden actually pass you as you're waiting. It won't be a quick crossing for him, either, with the line of pedestrians, but people are shorter than cars, so the line looks less imposing.

[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 5:27pm | Denver, PCC sector, approaching the border]
@Warden: You queue up with the rest of the on-foot traffic and wait your turn. You actually manage to make it through before the others. A CAS corp security officer waits there and pings your comm for your information. "Name, destination, and reason for crossing?"
OOC:
[ Spoiler ]

@Others: The wait seems to take forever. It's over fifteen minutes before Warden even made it to the head of the queue, and there's still a few cars ahead of you. Cruiser can be heard, right behind the car, nervously revving his engine while he waits.
Thanee
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:55pm | Denver, PCC sector, approaching the border]

While they are waiting, Ghost thinks about possible destinations for them, in case they are needed.

Once she has found something, she tells Lyle.

"Hey Lyle. There's a very popular soul food restaurant in the Montbello district, Mama Sarah's, if the border guards ask for our destination, that should sound good."
Faraday
Warden; PAN = Active, Fake SIN: Thomas Mylekovich
[ Spoiler ]

Warden tenses up, now he gets to feel what it's like on the other side of a SIN scan, but tries to hide it as best he can. OHshitohshitohshit.
"Uh, Thomas Mylekovich, I'm heading home to the UCAS sector."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012