Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saint Nicholas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kronk2
So here is an odd chain of thoughts: What would a runner's child want for Christmas? What would you get the world for Christmas if you were a runner? What i am thinking is running an arc of games based around some old school do gooding.

B and E to deliver toys, blankets to the needy, and that kinda thing l0)
Kronk2
Also what would Ol Saint Nick be statted like wink.gif Extra points for creativity. lets say 500 BP
CanRay
Actually... One of my Players came up with an idea for Christmas 'Run.

Seems that SINless Elves have been being kidnapped from all over the city, and...
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (CanRay @ Dec 23 2010, 09:06 AM) *
Actually... One of my Players came up with an idea for Christmas 'Run.

Seems that SINless Elves have been being kidnapped from all over the city, and...

And enslaved by a powerful free spirit known only as Kringle? Then enslaved to work in a demented factory producing crude wooden toys of various degrees of complexity?!
CanRay
Actually, it was a gang of various metatypes that dressed as Santa, and it was run by Dragon Claus for nefarious purposes.

The factory is correct, but it's knock-offs of the Must-Have toy of the year. Shipping from the Barrens is cheaper than shipping from Hong Kong.
Faraday
Redmond Barrens: It's the new sweat shop!
jaellot
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Dec 23 2010, 11:02 AM) *
And enslaved by a powerful free spirit known only as Kringle? Then enslaved to work in a demented factory producing crude wooden toys of various degrees of complexity?!

You could even do it.... THOUSANDS of years ago, in the empire of Thera (Cue fog machine).

As to doing some Xmas running, I could see the blankets and clothes, but I could also see getting some cheap comms, preloaded with some games to make the Barrens a little less bleak. Even do some educational bits, to try and help them maybe place in a program or college somewhere.

I could see a job being pulled to steal back a prototype for a minor league corp, to try and give them a leg-up, or to act as a lump of coal for the bigger fish trying to take the prototype for themselves.

Also, it would be so awesome to see a troll going out like Krampus, and dealing a bit of punishment to all the bad boys and girls.
Lantzer
I once did a game where a Johnson paid the runners to get their hands on the "must-have" toy of the year for his son's birthday - a week before the shipping date. It was supposed to be a Black Friday release date, with rather stringent security to ensure this.

Ever try to evade security while carrying a Tickle-Me Dunkie that giggles if squeezed or shaken (they left the box behind to prevent tracking)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012