Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It was a very Jedi Christmas Miracle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
SinN
So I had to share this with the boards.

I was taking the garbage out at my building, I open the dumpster and toss my trash in and right before I close it, I see a box, chuck full of Star Wars Novels, The force Unleashed, and Lego Star wars. Safe to say I fished them out and am now enjoying them to their fullest. And theres not smell!

Merry Christmas everyone!
KarmaInferno
Somewhere, a kid is bawling his eyes out because his parents threw out his Star Wars stuff as punishment for something, and when he went to check the dumpster the box wasn't there.

wobble.gif
klinktastic
More likely some guy's girlfriend/wife made him throw it out.
Thanee
LOL nice find! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
sabs
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 27 2010, 04:59 PM) *
More likely some guy's girlfriend/wife made him throw it out.

wives/girlfriends who do that deserve to have ex- put in front of their title.
Ryu
Throwing Lego into the dumpster should be a capital crime. Good you came to the rescue.
Tanegar
QUOTE (sabs @ Dec 27 2010, 01:21 PM) *

W3rd. If you don't want your boyfriend or husband to be a geek, find a different boyfriend or husband.
Critias
QUOTE (sabs @ Dec 27 2010, 01:21 PM) *

Or, at the very least, let the guy toss the stuff up on eBay or Craigslist or something, and make a few bucks off of it. I "pared down" some of my hobbies when Mrs. Crit and I first got together -- not because she wanted me to, but simply because I had a bunch of half-finished wargame armies for games I never played, and we were in a one bedroom apartment -- but it was to conserve space, and to turn "games I'm not playing" money into "stuff I'll actually use" money.

We also had to sell some duplicate RPG stuff, since she and I had overlapping libraries.

But nothing went in the damned dumpster! I sold what I could (to get money for other games), and what I couldn't, I gave away to gamer buddies that had the space for it.
ravensmuse
I'm actually in the boat that Crit was talking about. I'm currently trying to pare down my hobbies to fit into a shared one bedroom apartment, and it's hard. It's really exposed my hoarding tendencies, which is really bad. I'm actually really close to just saying eff it and selling everything except a few things, but I know that's just me being reactionary and not thinking things out...

SinN, what was this, all books and novels, or books, novels, video games, and LEGO sets? My curiousity is piqued.
SinN
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Dec 28 2010, 10:43 PM) *
SinN, what was this, all books and novels, or books, novels, video games, and LEGO sets? My curiousity is piqued.

A stack of Novels, and video games (Force unleashed and Lego Starwars)

And you just became my new favorite people grinbig.gif Best posts ive read in a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012