Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Dangerous Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
yoippari
[Thursday, May 4th 2073, 2123 hours; approx. 14km South of Illizi, Algeria]

Hatfield hits the ground just as the bullets start flying and takes a moment to get his bearings. By the time he gets his head turned on the right way a firefight is fully underway with at least one guard busy being loudly injured and the tower taken care of. He orders bravo team to try to take care of the patrol. Bullets and avgas... all we need is for something to explode. He lines up his AK and focuses the guncam on the shooter under the plane. A quick, short burst lets loose.
pragma

The blimp accelerated on silent propellors into a position above the hangar. Ace hoped that a sniper would be rudely surprised by the rifle mounted on the drone's undercarriage. He stabilised the gun against the almost non-existent wind and waited, scanning the roof.
Rastus

While Ace's drone floated above the hangar, the firefight down below wore on. The combined fire of Hatfield and Bravo Team splatters the one exposed plane guard while causing the other to duck his head down. The chinese patrol, however suffered no return fire as they sprayed a few bursts at Cor and Loony. The good Captain manged to hit the deck before catching any bullets, but Loony was far less lucky and ended up being knocked on his ass after several assault rifle bullets fragmented into pieces upon bouncing off his armor. The men of Alpha Team seemed to avoid any fire, thanks to moving out of the way just a moment before the retaliatory fire came flying.

Meanwhile, Lynx was able to notice that some people inside the hangar were moving towards the main doors in order to shut out any unwanted visitors.

[ Spoiler ]
Thanee
[Thursday, May 4th 2073, 2128 hours; approx. 14km South of Illizi, Algeria]

<< [Lynx] Watch out, when you make it to the entrance, they are holing themselves in there. >>

Shifting her aim south, Kerrigan fires two shots at the patrol that is taking the guys under fire still.
Rastus

The chinese patrolmen didn't have much of a chance against the heavy-caliber bullets sent with care by Lynx; after all they were engaged with another party and weren't able to notice the sniper off in the distance. One of the patrolmen took a bullet right in the armpit, bypassing the armor and shreading the heart to ribbons via the wonderful tumbling effect that rifle bullets enjoy against the (meta)human body, and he hit the ground with barely a groan; his friend on the other hand was more 'lucky', and somehow his armor helped him survive but not by much, as he too was on the ground futilely trying to stop the blood flowing like a torrent from his wounds. The survivor is well, surviving the gunshot, but he's obviously not in the mood to continue fighting.

Meanwhile the surviving plane guard suddenly gets the feeling that his side isn't exactly winning the battle, and shortly after Hatfield and Bravo Team's bullets whiz past his position, he pulls himself out from underneath the fuselage of the HS-950 and makes a dash for the closing main doors all while yelling, "Wait for me you bastards!"

[ Spoiler ]
Aria

Requiem moved cautiously to the back of the plane and, trying to stay as quiet as possible, proceeded inside the cargo bay, sweeping his assault rifle back and forth to cover any possible ambush locations. Using his smart connection to the weapon he switched to single shot, it wouldn’t do to damage anything vital in here with a stray round.

<<Proceeding inside the plane now…no contact so far>>
Thanee

<< [Lynx] Heading for the tower. Will cover you from up there. >>

Kerrigan quickly closes the distance to the tower, looking for a way to get up there.
Abschalten

Cor made hand signals for his men to stand their ground and set themselves up for a bit in defensive positions, meanwhile he ran over to Loony's location. He knelt down next to the man, having just witnessed him take a number of rounds. Cor was already thinking the worst and preparing himself for a night of hard drinking and internal agony over the loss of one of his best mates, the man who had stuck by him even when everyone else turned their backs.

After a few seconds, though, Cor noticed no rounds had penetrated his friend's armor. Still, Cor was all too familiar with the damage bullets could do, even if they don't make it through an armored jacket.

In a gruff but obviously concerned voice, Cor said to Loony: How are you feeling, man? That was a drubbing you took just now. You should perhaps hang back so we can go in and sweep these wankers up. I don't want you getting killed after you've already been injured.

Pressing his hand to his ear, Cor voiced over the communications channel:

<<Alpha, move in with Bravo. They know we're here so there's no sense in being split up. Time to come down like a hammer on these fucking prats. I'm tending to Loony. Once he's on his feet I'll be right there.>>

Turning his attentions back to Loony, Cor offered his assistance to the man. "Leave no man behind, remember that?" he said to the fallen ork.
Aria

<<@Cor: You want me on point for the hanger breach? Might soak a bit of fire intended for the boys...?>>
Abschalten

With obvious mirth in his voice, Cor went across the comm channel in response to Requiem:

<<That's a smashing idea. You're quite gifted at doing harm to people. I think you should use those God-given talents and really shine.>>
Rastus
[Thursday, May 4th 2073, 2129 hours; approx. 14km South of Illizi, Algeria]

Within a moment, the surviving plane guard squeezes through the hangar doors just in the nick of time, nearly getting stuck between the them when his web gear got caught on a corner. After he's through, however, the doors are promptly shut tight, closing off the largest entrance to the building. A pity too, as some of the Ex-Caliber squaddies were just getting near it.

<<[Jops]: Oh well that's bloody fantastic. They closed the front door.>>
<<[Tosh]: Guess we gotta go through the back door.>>
<<[Jools]: That's what she said!>>
<<[Tosh]: You can go in first for that, you fucking twat. Comeon lads, lets do a quick check and see.>>

After one of the squaddies gives Jools a shove, the lot of them start to circle around the building to look for another door.

((@Requiem)): Walking into the cargo bay of the plane, there's no much here. Aside from some easy to remove passenger seats and a few ammo tins strewn about(some not actually empty!), the only thing that inhabits this bay is the dead guard who's leaking blood makes the ramp a little slippery to climb up and down. After taking a few more steps inside to give it a proper sweep, you can here someone harshly whisper "Shit!" just before the sound of a metal door slamming rings out from the front end of the plane. Guess there's a survivor after all.
((Give me a visual perception test. No penalties.))

((@Lynx)): Bastards didn't even lock the way up, though judging by the rust on the oldfashioned lock it's easy to see why they didn't bother. It's also probably a good thing you were able to meet the fitness requriement of the British Armed Forces, because this tower has exactly the amount of stairs you'd expect: Lots. It takes a moment, but thanks to the strength enhancements of the suit and your own constitution you're able to haul yourself and your heavy gear with minimal trouble up to the top, which at this point is a bloody mess in a literal sense. As bad as the entrance wounds looked from your scope, the exit wounds on these poor bastards are big enough to squeeze your fist through, which of course has lead to a lot of blood leaking out onto the floor thanks to the nearly decapitated sniper; a real abbatoir this place is.

The enemy gear is about what you'd expect based on earlier observation. One had a Ranger Arms SM-4 sniper rifle, the other had an AK-97... Or Chinese Type-106 Assault Rifle, if the english stamping on the side is anything to believe. Both of them possessed a bog standard Ares Predator IV for a sidearm and some light armor in the form of a vest and what appears to be some form-fitting armor underneath. They also got smokes, but considering they're as bloodspattered as everything else, it's probably better not to take those...

From your vantage point you can see the roof and front entrance of the hangar alright, but the tower isn't tall enough for the angle to be severe enough to see the hangar floor through the skylights.

((@Ace)): Training the microphone laser yet again on the skylights gives you that same faint conversations that you've been picking up lately. "What the fuck happened? Where is Seko?" -- "Dead! They got him. I think they got the other guys too, I didn't hear any shots come from the tower so sniper is definately dead." -- "You fucking kidding me? They wiped out all my men out there?!" -- "Who are these guys? Do you think they know what is being traded here? Can't be the army or law enforcement, would of heard helicopters or something by now. Perhaps th-"

Interupting your eavesdropping is the sound of the rooftop hatch being forcefully shoved open and a camo-clad rebel trooper popping out, sweeping the view with pistol in hand. He's quickly able to spot the drone near the rooftop, announcing his revelation with a shout. "We have drones!"
((Suprise test! Intuition + Reaction, failure means the enemy shoots first. Only Ace can attempt this.))
Aria

<<We've got a live one in here. >>
yoippari

Hatfield signals Bravo to move up in the direction of Alpha and to avoid being directly in front of the doors. He keeps an eye on the door even though it's shut just in case someone gets the bright idea to have a peek outside.

<<Just someone glance at that mansion once in a while. If anyone is up there they will probably notice something is happening down here.>>

When he and Bravo get close to the hanger he'll sling the AK and draw his Crusader.
pragma

Data whirled around Ace's skull as the blimp eased down from high alert and started relaying senor data at the same time as the Doberman hit a really nasty bump during its drive toward the hangar. Sitting in a virtual aircraft carrier, Ace had to tear his attention from the access hatch to steering the careening ground drone as it carted its grenade launcher and assault rifle toward the fight.

The split second's diversion was critical; an enemies head popped from the hatch and spotted the drone as Ace frantically spammed "Engage Weapon System" packets over the air, hoping it wouldn't be too late.
Doc Chase

It was full of stars.

Loony hurt. He could hear Saint Crispin barking obscenities at him, though the only thing he could see was the starry night sky. The tacnet was still buzzing as the fire slackened off, but the Ork wasn't paying any attention.

"How you feeling, man?" he could hear Cor ask. The rest of it was washed out in the pounding of blood in his head, and pain in his chest.

"Just like that bird in Tblisi sah, except I still have my sodding wallet," Loony responded.

With assistance, the Ork was back on his feet and ambling towards the hangar. He holstered the 5-7C and focused more on his commlink, letting the AR overlays detect and intercept the communications between the hangar doors and the bandits inside.

<<Give me a tick to see if I can break into this sodding hangar. I might be able to kill the lights and open the door, and if I fucking can't then I'm lobbing gas in there so they can come stumbling out. Shoddy fucking Chinese ammunition.>>

He nodded to Cor to go on ahead, and unslung his SCAR-3. "Just tell me where you need me, sah."
Rastus

((@Requiem)): Looking at the interior of the aircraft, you almost get the feeling this is not a military transport, or even 'military surplus'. Usually modern military transports have the walls of the fuselage lined with passenger protection devices, such as kevlar-fiber panels and Nomex coverings to protect troops from any AA fire for at least long enough to jump out... This plane doesn't. The walls of the fuselage are barren, doesn't even have the mounting points for those features. Still looks as rickety from the inside as it did outside, though...

After a bit of circling around, the squaddies report in, <<[Jops]: Oi, found a back door alright. Be easy to bust through, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out they got pretty much every gun pointed in this direction.>>

((@Ace)): Just as you struggle to get the targetting reticle lined up with the rebel marksman, he's already got his Colt Manhunter lined up with your drone. Your digital reflexes, however, are better than his, and before he can squeeze the trigger on his weapon the hunting rifle mounted onto the Stormcloud fires twice in rapid succession and places both bullets squarelly into the man's chest, causing him to fall back down the hatchway after yelling out in pain.
Thanee

<< [Lynx] We havn't picked up anything from that mansion during the last couple days, or did we? Not very likely, that someone's in there. >>

Kerrigan looks over to the hangar, as she hears the shots, but since there is no further gunfire, she goes back to prepare the tower.

She checks whether the SM-4 is smartlinked and then puts it to the side together with any extra ammo. It might come in handy, later. They did have a lack of silenced rifles as became apparant during the planning. She doesn't care for the other weapons, so she continues to look for commlinks or transceivers, that might allow them to listen into the communication going on.

When she is done, Kerrigan dumps the bodies down and sets her own rifle up to watch the hangar roof and keep an eye onto the main entrance as well.

<< [Lynx] Hey Cor, why don't we just offer them to surrender Tshombe to us and allow them to retreat if they do? Might save us some bloodshed, in case they are not total fanatics. It would also tell us a bit about their morale. We could just tell them to disarm Tshombe, take him prisoner and lead him outside, and then surrender their weapons and stuff. Just put them all on that plane and let them fly off... what do you think? >>
Aria

Requiem stepped closer to the cabine door and checked his ammo designation to ensure that the shotgun held shock-lock rounds. Checking briefly for any booby traps, not that he expected any, he spoke to the person in the cockpit, the speakers on his suit making his voice harsh and metallic

"I won't give you a second warning, come out of there with your hands on your head and you will live to see the rest of the day"

<<@Lynx: Do you have a clear shot of the cockpit from your position? Let's not damage the plane unless we have to, I'll try and take this one alive>>
Abschalten

<<@Lynx: That would be smashing, love, except my talents require me to speak their not-so-local parlance, which I don't as of yet. A Matrix-based machine translation of our demands more than likely wouldn't go over very well. Besides, any demands we make would just cause Tshombe to instantly double or triple their salary if they can get him out, and then we're fighting badgers backed into a corner. I'm afraid we're going to have to break these tossers.>>

Turning back to Loony, Cor nodded at him, then replied, "I need you to hang back, but you have a good plan. If you can get into the hangar's systems then that'll make our jobs easier. We can get into position while you work your magic. But stay out of the fight if you can. You're in no shape to be jumping in front of bullets again. If getting into their computers isn't an option, just let us know and we'll let you gas the buggers."

Cor went back across the comm channel.

<<Everyone, listen up: Loony is going to try to hack into the hangar, if possible. We should have some interesting options at our disposal if he can. Everyone get into position to prepare for the hangar breach. If Loony can't get in we're going with a Plan B, so be on your toes. Lynx, I see you have a good vantage point up there. Keep an eye on things and put down any targets of opportunity you can catch. What's going on up top, Ace?>>
Doc Chase

"Yes sah, goin' to cover and takin' a nap. Take Elizabeth with you, she's loaded for bear and achin' to spit gas."

He offered up the SCAR-3 before scampering to some sort of cover he could take, pulling out his medkit as he did so. The kit's interface blossomed into luminescence on his AR display, status messages reading in the green and ready to operate. Once Loony reached some appropriate cover, he pulled the disagnosis leads out and attached them where he remembered they would do the most good, based off the Field Medicine class he took. The class itself was an exercise in 'Read the Bloody Manual,' stating that the medkit would do a better job in a shorter time than it would take to train and educate someone in proper techniques, but the Advanced Field Medicine class would teach him to use it in conjunction with field surgery skills to properly save lives later.

He grumbled to himself as the leads stuck to his skin - they would be a right bitch to pull off later, but at least the DMSO-soaked pads attached to the tubing would allow the required medications to diffuse through the skin while he was working on the hangar itself.

<<MediCavi R6 Ready to Diagnose. Would you like to engage MediCavi AutoMedic Bandaging(Y/N)? (Y)

Confirmed. Scanning...
Scanning...
Scanning...>>

While MediCavi got to work, Loony leaned back against a stack of crates just out of the way and slipped into full VR, his trodes and jiggered sim module letting him go full Hot-Sim to break the hangar's encryption. Desert scrub on a starry night disappeared, the neon green wireframe taking its place and the dancing rivers of code that were the wireless transmissions from his team and the bandits inside the hangar. The cool rush of MediCavi applying what treatments it could to his bruised body was barely felt as Loony looked at the digital stars.

<<Bloody magnificent. Starting the hack now. Stand by.>>
pragma

The blimp rapidly accelerated away from the roof, staying in range of the laser mic, but rapidly moving out of the range of pistol fire as Ace's heart ricocheted around his chest. Split seconds between his trigger and the enemy's, a race he'd won.

A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;

As the drone restabilized its sensors and rifle 90m away from the structure, Ace responded to Cor.

<<Nothing to untoward, sahr. The marksman appeared as promised, but seems to have retreated upon being decorated with lead. Having someone other than the blimp cover the roof hatch might improve our odds; this is mostly a spy bird and only incidentally a killer. Also I imagine that putting Lynx up there could give us a bit of an edge while breaching.

By the by, let's not forget that Tshombe has some gas of his own that could cause us grief.>>
Thanee

<< [Lynx] I'm on the air control tower and covering the roof now. If you prefer to have me take control of the roof in a more direct way, I can also do that, of course. Would need a grapple gun, or at least a rope, though. Does anyone have one? Or maybe there is something on the plane? Requiem? >>

As asked for by Requiem, Kerrigan also takes a look towards the plane, especially the cockpit.
Rastus

((@Requiem)): It takes a moment, but eventually the pilot gives a response. "... No! What assurance do I have you will not shoot when I come out... Or worse!" From this close and hearing the pilot speak this loudly, you can tell this person is definately from one of the central African territories from accent alone, and the pitch sounds rather feminine. "Just... Leave me be, stay away! I have survival gun with me!" This ones got some defiance in her, but she seem mentally unprepared to fight anyone with the way she has to will herself into talking tough.

((@Lynx)): From your vantage point, you can definately see the cockpit. Seeing into the cockpit, however, is a little different as whomever has locked themselves inside turned off the lights. Through the use of your various optics and vision modes, you are able to see someones head poke out from under the control bank and facing the security door.

Oh yes, and the rifle indeed has an external smartlink on the underside of the frame, and the two dead chinamen both have a commlink on them, though you'd need to hack them to use them. That or guess the passwords or whatever these guys use.

((@Loony)): As you pull out the stops and prepare to unleash your virtual pimphand upon the hangars defenses, you notice something... There's no node access, none at all! Not a single signal coming from it. This place must of been built in those dark and barbaric times when people used such archaic devices such as buttons, wall-mounted lightswitches, wired jackpoints, and maglock security panels. Indeed, this is most definately a backwoods country with no concept of modernization or convenience.
Thanee

<< @Requiem [Lynx] I can see the pilot in there, hiding under the control bank and watching the door. I can give a warning shot, if you want to take that one alive. It probably makes a better impression if you tell the pilot beforehand. The first shot will be just a warning. When another is needed, it will strike true. >>

In order for Requiem to be able to assess the situation better, Kerrigan sends him a close-up photo of her view into the cockpit, taken with her internal eye recording unit.

Afterwards she goes back to keeping an eye on the hangar roof primarily, only occasionally glancing over to the cockpit or to the hangar main entrance.

<< @Loony [Lynx] Do you have any use for chinese commlinks? Got a pair of those up here. Maybe they could be used to get into someone's device inside the hangar? The bodies in front of the plane and near the hangar likely also have one. >>
yoippari

<<@Ex-Caliber [Hatfield] How sealed up is this building? Any holes we can get a camera in or maybe one at ground level? Something just big enough for a ferret.>>
Aria

"No! What assurance do I have you will not shoot when I come out... Or worse! Just... Leave me be, stay away! I have survival gun with me!"

"There is no profit in shooting you, you do not represent a threat to us, merely an inconvienince. Look at it this way, either you come out or the sniper covering the cockpit will drill a nice hole in your head or I will blow the security door down and get you myself..."
Doc Chase

"You have got to be bloody kidding."

Loony's view of the local Matrix nodes faded into the starlit night as he got back to his feet, having sat down just long enough for the MediCavi to provide minor painkillers. It was reporting contusions centered on the chest area and recommended rest. Rest, however, was not available - because the Ork was pissed.

Once Lynx reminded him of the commlinks, Loony snapped his fingers and made his way to where one of the corpses lay.

<<Hangar is a no-go. Thing is too sodding old to have wireless access. Tempted to blow a hole in a wall or the sodding hangar door, but let me see what I can get away with. I might be able to get us a sight picture inside.>>

Rastus

((@Requiem)): Opting to do as a true professional and skip the attempts at witty coercion for cold threats, your words ellicit another pause from the pilot, but eventually she gives in and shortly after the lock comes undone a dark-skinned orkish woman steps out with her hands above her head. She's unarmed aside from a survival knife strapped to her right boot, and doesn't seem to wear any armor aside from an OD jumpsuit(it does have a Victory 'Globetrotter' logo on one shoulder). She takes a quick glance at the fully-armored man(that's you) holding her up as she walks out, but eventually a question escapes her lips, "Who are you people? Some sort of tactical police unit? I am just a contracted civillian, I swear!"

((@Ace)): Must be that your aim is off, or maybe they just aren't yelling as loudly, but you don't hear anything from the hangar. Wonder if they came to an agreement on how many bullets to shoot at anybody trying to force their way in?
Thanee

<< [Lynx] Looks like the plane is secured now. Pilot seems to have given up. Seen any rope there by chance, Requiem? >>
Doc Chase

The wireframe overlay appeared again as Loony sank into the blissful depths of full VR. His mind worked at speeds approximating light, watching and manipulating the azure flow of data as he rode into a wireless signal in the hangar proper.

It appeared as another wall with a door - a sturdy oak, barred on the inside (he surmised) and contained a viewport which was closed. Loony knew this was the login script, but he didn't have the time or patience to play with it. He drew a pair of items from his black bag of icons, and rapped on the door with a meaty fist.

The viewport plate slid back and the black eyes of the commlink's firewall stared at him.
"Identification?"

Loony, to his credit, affected a nice smile and replied, "Harvey Kensington, Citizens for Anglo-Saxon Hairstyles. Security access for software upgrades. Keep it on the hush-hush."

At the same time, he utilized the first of the items he pulled from his bag - what looked like a white noise generator. He flicked it on, and the firewall continued its interrogation.

"Security Question: Who was lead striker for Ghana in 2026 World Cup?"

Loony rolled his eyes and swung the visualization of his Exploit program three times against the door, blowing through it on the third strike.

"A big sodding sledge, you tosser. Where's your damned camera feed?"

pragma

The Doberman pulled up near the hangar without further assistance as Ace fiddled fruitlessly with the laser mic. The hangar was looking increasingly impregnable.

<<I like the baird's recommendation of negotiating, but defer to your authority. Assuming discussion fails, we might need to fall back on an armored assault. I can pull the van around and send in the drone. Do we know if thaiy're packing more than small ahrms?>>

He mused for milliseconds, his perception of time amplified in the digital world he controlled.

<<Course, gas through the roof hatch is kind of promising too.>>
Aria

Requiem looked around the cargo bay for something suitable to bind their captive and noting the tool box indicated that she should open it and then secure her wrists to the bulkhead

"I want you to use that to secure yourself over there, don't make me question your good judgement...as it stands you're more useful to us alive..."

<<How are we doing on an insertion point for the hanger? Can we blow a hole in the wall and get in somewhere other than the front door?>>
Thanee

<< [Lynx] I don't think they will try coming through that hatch again for now. If Ace can keep the roof under surveillance, I will join Requiem in the plane, and then head towards the hangar myself. Hopefully, there would be a way to get on the roof, so I can provide cover from above, while you move in. >>

Unless there are any objections, Kerrigan will pack the two commlinks and the SM-4 and anything that belongs to the gun (like a case, considering it can be broken down for easier transportation, or extra ammo), and then climb down from the tower to head towards the plane, where Requiem is holding the pilot right now.
Rastus
[Thursday, May 4th 2073, 2130 hours; approx. 14km South of Illizi, Algeria]

After opening the toolbox and dumping out the contents, the pilot glances over to Requiem. "Uhm... I do not know how you expect me to do as you ask, there is not exactly handcuff in here..." A quick look at what was in there tells that yep, the only thing close to restraints is some duct tape, and securely wrapping your own wrists without assistance is a little difficcult, or more accurately damn near impossible without a extra hand. Luckily, the sound of armored boots clomping onto the metal ramp and tip everyone off that Kerrigan has made her entrance, causing the pilot to snap her attention to the new arrival. At least now one of you can do the restraining while one does proper overwatch.

Meanwhile, Loony spends his time chasing wireless signals and slinging code, looking for something useful. A camera feed, more communications on these newcomers, anything! Well, soon enough he finds a way; while this commlink seems to be connected with... nobody else, soon someone breaks their wireless discipline and establishes contact, immediately questioning if Seko(must be that rebel fellow who's currently suffering from a nasty case of dead) is still alive. Noble, but not a bright move, as you're soon able to pounce upon that rebels poorly protected commlink and tap into the video feed of what appears to be vision-enhancing goggles, judging on the height from the ground and the way the view sometimes swings about.

This guy seems to be watching the other door while standing next to some other soldiers with rifles. You can occasionally see the rest of the hangar whenever he glances over his shoulder, but it hardly gives you enough of a referance to draw a map with. You do, however, catch sight of the truck that came in earlier. The tarp has been pulled off and the flatbed seems to be stacked tight with munitions crates. The kind they store explosives in, not mere ammo tins for rifles.
Thanee

After helping Requiem securing the pilot, Kerrigan looked through the plane and actually found a length of rope that would help her get to the hangar roof, hopefully.

<< [Lynx] Got some rope now. Just need to get it fixed up there on the roof somehow. Ace can your drones help with that? >>

The mercenary then goes back to Requiem and the pilot, asking her some questions.

"Hi! It was a smart move to give up. You will be allowed to leave once this is over. Obviously, we cannot have you run around here right now, you surely understand. I don't need to tell you, how futile any attempts to resist or flee would be. We have drones on overwatch and you wouldn't make it very far. Just stay here, stay calm, and it will be over soon enough. Maybe you want to give us some incentive for a more favorable treatment of yourself, like telling us a bit about what exactly is taking place here. Who are the chinese? What is on the truck, Tshombe drove into that hangar? Is there some kind of trade going on, and if so, what is being traded? Are there any awakened among them? Why do you even associate with terrorists and mass-murderers? What is it you are looking for, and why do you think Merode Ngobobo and his machinations will lead you there?"
Aria
Aria

<<@Lynx: Pause for breath there...give the lady a chance to answer smile.gif >>
Rastus

After recieving an onslaught of questions, the pilot can only return a blank stare puncuated with a bunch of "Uh's" and "Ums" before finally catching up with herself and Kerrigan's hardcore interviewing method. "I uh... I am civillian pilot, subcontracted by aerial transportation company. I got offered triple my typical pay to transport these guys to here and back. I did not know who these men were and was told to not ask, but I could guess that the extra money ment no good... But what was I to do? Say no, maybe get shot, and have the pay given to someone who could stay silent?" The pilot looks down at her boots for a moment before speaking again, "I am unsure what is in that truck, but they were nervous around it. All of them nearly had heart attack when a crate accidentally fell to floor."
Thanee

"I see. So you got hired by them directly for this flight? I hope they paid in advance. Guess you really couldn't know what you were getting into here... Let me tell you, that these people are not the kind you want to associate with. Triple money or not. You know the name, Merode Ngobobo? Of course, you do. Yep, that's the one who fires deadly nerve gas right into the heart of a town full of innocent people. That sure is a bad day for you, but see it from the positive side. You won't need to take them back from here."

Kerrigan sends a quick warning to the others.

<< [Lynx] They got some rather delicate cargo on that truck... not sure what it is exactly, could be explosives or even that dreaded nerve gas. >>
Aria
<<Then we need to be careful what we blow up getting in there...none of us are equipped to deal with a toxin like that...>>
Doc Chase

Loony finds himself seated on the tarmac, leaning against the plane's landing gear as if he died of his wounds whilst working on the dead guard's commlink. After his hacking successes, he transmits a few stills from the feed he's riding on, showing the truck with the explosive crates.

<<Here's the deal. I can't get a good enough sight picture inside t'see what we're dealing with. I can try to get the hangar door to unlock and roll open by fiddlin' with the keypad. If it's manual then we can pull some blokes off to try and block the door from opening, then gas from the skylight and breach. 'S up to you lot, my bloody chest hurts to high hell and I've got enough grenades to damn near level that building.>>
Aria

<<If we can cause a distraction at the main hanger entrance I'm willing to lead a breach via the back door with a couple of the guys...>>
Thanee

<< [Lynx] Heading towards the hangar now to see how I can get to that roof to cover your assault from up there. >>

Kerrigan takes the rope and then makes it to one of the hangar's corners, checking for suitable ways to get the rope in place to climb up.
pragma

<<No manipulators milady. Can't stick a rope to anything with the little guy and he's not got much carrying capacity either.

Just a note, the microphone picked up that they're making a sale and I don't think you call Ngobo to get your hands on normal bombs. Almost sahr-tain that the stuff is nerve gas.

Any rate, if we're breaching we can put cars in first. They can eat lead and nerve gas better than we can.>>

The van pulled towards the hangar where the two drones already circled.
Rastus
[Thursday, May 4th 2073, 2133 hours; approx. 14km South of Illizi, Algeria]

(@Kerrigan): Despite Ace's inability to make his drones do the lasso-ing for you, they still give you the visual guidance needed to hook onto one of the rooftop features; such as a ventilation shaft done in a hook-like style that curves right back into the rooftop. It takes a few minutes and dozens of failed attempts, but eventually your perserverance leads to the damn thing catching and staying caught. It's not a long climb, though there are a few rough spots due to the heavy armor, but you're up in no time and able to peek down into the hangar.

Yep. Looks to be about ten guys in there. Most are keeping watch over the rear entrance, as it's the easiest to breach, but a few seem to be milling about a table with a few munitions crates on top, between two vehicles. Also, if your eyes do not decieve you(they don't), it looks like Mr. Tshombe is at that table as well!

Nobody seems to notice you yet, thanks to both your armor's chameleon coating and people's natural tendancy not to look up.
Thanee
[Thursday, May 4th 2073, 2133 hours; approx. 14km South of Illizi, Algeria]

<< [Lynx] Thanks, Ace, some visual guidance was quite helpful, indeed. I'm in position on the roof. Shall we wrap this up now? I will take overwatch from here, and see that none of them gets any ideas. >>

Kerrigan remains silent and offers the video stream from her cybereyes to her comrades-in-arms, including some close-ups of the munitions on the table, if the crates are open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012