Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: online RPG comunity wush list
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Stumps
What do you wish existed in the online RPG comunity?
Anything...services, programs, sites, articles, comunities, forums, etc...
(title was supposed to read "wish" instead of wush.)
JongWK
A global shipping system that isn't bloody expensive and delivers to all countries. You can't imagine how frustrating it can be to live outside North America or Europe.
Diesel
Programs. That do stuff for me.
bwdemon
Playtesting. I don't know if it's just the common practice of letting friends and groupies playtest, a lack of good analytical skills, or something else, but a lot of broken and/or unnecessary rules slip through the cracks. Letting the online community playtest more often would put the rules through a grueling workout and discover problems before the book goes to print. The more people who give it a run, the better. Since so many people will do this free of charge, it's kind of stupid not to take advantage of it.

I also know that FASA got burned at least once before when they expanded playtesting into the online community. A simple solution to that is to give each party something wrong with their text that is different from the other versions of the text and unique to that party. If a given rule, misspelling, or other tidbit appears online for download or in the possession of someone who shouldn't have it, you know where it came from and you can prosecute accordingly. Courts are certainly more friendly to the plaintiff in electronic dissemination of intellectual property cases than they were in the FASA days.

Finally, never - and I do mean never - give any one playtester or platesting group a complete set of new rules. Give them a few rules to chew on, but don't let them get the whole new edition for free....
bwdemon
One more thing: up-to-date release schedules... even estimates are better than "it'll be out sometime"
Ditaki
Past "up-to-date" release schedules, how about companies keeping to those schedules. I don't fault them for having to push stuff back...but I'd kind of like it now...ya know?
Stumps
Interesting stuff here...
I'm liking this...anything else?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012