Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How did I miss this?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nezumi
Hey! That's quality work! I still go back to the Matrix bit for inspiration.

There's another video, fan-made, which is floating around somewhere. Made in Germany I believe. It's really quality work, very enjoyable. There may be a link to it somewhere on the forum.
Laodicea
The matrix portion wasn't horrible. The rest was painful to watch. The IMB keyboard deck made me LOL.
BookWyrm
O_O

I remember seeing this when Tom Dowd did his only appearance at I-CON. Nice guy.
He was doing both the FASA intro panel & the Battletech intro panel. I remember this because (aside from being there, of course), when he explained the Clans of Kerensky invasion path, I compared it to the invasion of Rome by the Goth tribes. I was actually thanked for spotting that. biggrin.gif
Draco18s
The cheese! It burns!

Rather than looking like official promo material, this looks like some weird fan knockoff, complete with meaningless matrix animation (no really. I never got the sense that the girl was doing anything during that).

And yes. Keyboard lol.
Critias
mad.gif Nothing's changed in twenty years! The street samurai stands around being worthless (STR is a useless stat!), the mage does all the fighting without serious effort, and everything gets put on hold while the decker hogs all the attention for half of the shadowrun! mad.gif
Kagetenshi
They can't have been a very good team, they didn't have a Rigger!

That said, if you don't have hair like that, you can't call yourself a Shadowrunner.

~J
Draco18s
QUOTE (Critias @ Dec 30 2010, 04:19 PM) *
mad.gif Nothing's changed in twenty years! The street samurai stands around being worthless (STR is a useless stat!), the mage does all the fighting without serious effort, and everything gets put on hold while the decker hogs all the attention for half of the shadowrun! mad.gif

Oh my god, so true!
hermit
Nothing's changed in twenty years! The street samurai stands around being worthless (STR is a useless stat!), the mage does all the fighting without serious effort, and everything gets put on hold while the decker hogs all the attention for half of the shadowrun!

This.

They can't have been a very good team, they didn't have a Rigger!

This!

Also, visualised like this, VR Matrix makes even LESS sense than it usually does to me. Also, "oh noes it's a Fucki Mk1 Killball and I forgot to buy utilities at chargen because I upped my Cha instead!"

Like the magic though. So very ... not D&D. So very different from how it is played in today's SR.
otakusensei
What are you guys talking about? I've always pictured the matrix as a pen and paper interpretation of the 3D Maze screen saver by Microsoft.

Anyway, I loved that video. Cheezy, and not really how I run Shadowrun anymore, but it brought back some memories. I love how they only had the one gun so the guard had to be in a different shot than the samurai wink.gif
Karoline
I love how the decker ran up to the mage (Shaman?) and helped her put her jacket back on. Apparently she had a geas: shoulder must be bared. That or I guess she was trying to seduce the guard before she stunbolted him? Of course that brings up the question of why she bothered to let herself get seen (And thus be identified in the future) in the first place. I suppose because they're beginners. The facility had 1 guard, 2 locked 'doors', the secure node had a single IC and seemed to lack any sort of firewalls, and the sammy actually put points into strength nyahnyah.gif

Hehe, keyboard=deck biggrin.gif
Hehe, Decker actually typed on keyboard while entering VR
Hehe, useless beefcake sammy
Hehe, sammy has no armor nyahnyah.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 2 2011, 12:08 AM) *
Hehe, useless beefcake sammy

He wasn't useless, he totally smashed open those two control panel boxes.
Neraph
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 1 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Hehe, sammy has no armor nyahnyah.gif

See, the sammy needed no armor since he flexes all the bullets away from himself. And others.
pbangarth
It's called de-flex-ion.
WyldKnight
This i think does a better job

http://www.shadowrunmovie.com/accueil_en.php
Draco18s
Nice. I only watched the trailer, but it looks like they pulled out all the stops (well, at least all the ones you can on a budget).
Muspellsheimr
The guy in the OP made me think of Jayne
nezumi
The Sammy was relying on his high Combat Pool, and you need a keyboard for the initial long-in scripts and certain other hacking-related actions inside the system. Duh.
pbangarth
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Jan 2 2011, 01:23 AM) *

Good feel to this one, both the 'game movie' and the 'RL' movie, though I wonder how the crooks put up with the players so long. It must have been fun to do this. The projected mage sequence is impressive.
TheFr0g
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Jan 2 2011, 07:23 AM) *

That was pretty bad ass. Would have liked to seen some of the other races, but it could have been cheesey. Also I found that the french made it even better for a non french speaker because we can't tell if their acting is bad or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012