Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
LurkerOutThere
OOC Thread: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=33855

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Open Slate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Open Datafile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A brief overview of House Vorhees
By Canderous Kalim

-May you never tire in your service to the emperor and your quest to expand his light and domain. - Arch Militant Drusus signed on the Vorhees Warrant

In my continuing study of the various Rogue Traders fair and foul who operate in the Koronos Expanse few dynasties have had such a checkered past as the Vorhees clan.

Early History:
The Vorhees Warrant was originally granted to Augustor Vorhees a contemporary and friend of Saint Drusus himself. Little is known of Augustor other than he was a Imperial Navy commander especially regarded for his piety and zeal. Granted the Warrant in 382.M39 after Drusus ascended to the rank of Arch Militant Augustor traveled to worlds in the wake and near area of the crusade turning them to the God Emperor's light and raising additional forces for the crusade. After the second death of Drusus he continued to settle and civilize many planets amongst the Calixis sector leaving exploration of the Koronos expanse to his successor generations.

More Recent History:
The Vorhees family continued to grow and prosper over two millennium. Although their methods of expanding their power base through interstellar trade and diplomacy in the Calixis sector raised scorn amongst those Rogue Traders who primarily engaged in operations on the far side of the maw they cultivated many important contacts and connections throughout the sector governments. Indeed many of the sector noble houses can trace lineage back to a Vorhees member who “went native” on one of their worlds.

The Decline:
The ascendancy of Agatha Vorhees to the command throne, replacing her ailing grandfather Cogliosto, was lauded by many as a sector as a positive change for the clan.. Agatha had spent almost 90 years in service to battlefleet Calixis eschewing her families political connections to rise through the ranks based on her own zeal. As such it was believed she would return the family to a more expansionist path.

Shortly after the Lady Agatha's assumption of command duties in 308.M41 her family drew the gaze of the Ordo Calixis branch of the Holy Inquisition. The details of what followed have never been clear but this much is known: The family survived the Ordo's attentions, which many Rogue Trader's do not, and her sister Aneska disapeared without a trace.

Lady Agatha launched herself into the expanse to recoup her families losses. While by all accounts she succeeded from a financial standpoint she continued to suffer family tragedies. Her eldest daughter and heir Margaret was turned over to the black ships after an unfortuante incident aboard her mother's flagship that cost the lives of the ship's navigator and his second. Only the presence of a third navigator traveling as a passenger and guest of the Lady saved the ship and crew. Her son Julius died defending Port Wander from the Ork Warboss Gulgrog in 422.M41. Perhaps even more tragically the ancestral ship Divine Inspiration was stricken in the battle and deemed unsalvagable though it lies within auspex range of Port Wander.
Lady Agatha has produced other possible heirs to her command throne since but it seems the flame of the family is ready to gutter and die at last, brought down by a change of fate, and perhaps a loss of faith. It seems they are one tragedy away from being swallowed up by the maw or imperial authorities.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<End File>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-Editors note. Sadly this was the last profile completed by scribe Kalim, shortly after he published this he was lost along with all hands aboard the chartist vessel Penitent Traveler. Sightings or involvement of the Vorhees flagship Unbridled Wrath were deemed unsubstantiated by the naval board of inquiry.
LurkerOutThere
[OOC: Reserved, this game will not start until at least January 15th. Please do not post in this thread until authorized to do so.]
LurkerOutThere
OOC: In Character Briefings, you may read if you wish although obviously your character may not have knowledge of the other characters brief. I was going to post the initial post tonight but I want to revise it a bit and right now the words are swimming. More tomorrow.

Zacharias Hakkonen
[ Spoiler ]

Synthia:
[ Spoiler ]

Lucius
[ Spoiler ]

Mordechai
[ Spoiler ]

Augustian
[ Spoiler ]
LurkerOutThere
The Vorhees compound at hive tarsus is by design intimidating and magnificent. It sits on a large mountain plateau overlooking much of the rest of the hive and houses a massive complex of both grounds and support buildings. The central structure itself serves as the anchor point for a sky ribbon, a piece of archeotech that predates imperial re-conquest of the planet and who's termination point is a space dock in geosynchronous orbit. The only approach up the plateau is a heavily guarded road that massive matterial haulers travel up and down constantly in a slow and methodical fashion each similar in size to a scout titan. These slow moving and massive obstructions providing as effective a barrier on the narrow road as the artillery and storm bolter emplacements that look over it. The compound conveys two things by design, we are unassailable and we reach to the stars.
Within the compound the banquet and party going on guests are arriving via their own or Vorhees provided shuttles landing at a pad on the grounds near the main building. The surrounding gardens are immaculately kept representation of plants and animals whose ancestors were brought in from holy Terra. Standing in the center of the garden near the landing pad is a white ash planted by the first Vorhees to claim this plateau after vanquishing some faction long forgotten to dust.
Inside the great chamber a grand spectacle fit for high society has been set. Off to one side an orchestra plays music fit for the sort of ballroom dancing currently in favor in the courts. Agile cherubim servitors flit down from the rooftops to fetch away glasses and bring more drinks while pages in Vorhees colors circulate with appetizers and orderves. There is a grand banquet hall long row tables are laid out for the guests to sit once the meal is served. Amongst these long rows of seating sit various lesser merchants, military officers, and other walks of life. For many of the lesser guests the invitation to such an event will be the highlight of the season, if not their lives, and will hopefully repay the Vorhees in favors and reputation more then what it has cost them in gelt. At the far end of the chamber a table for more distinguished guests sits. Representing the highest orders of the imperium these guests represent the bodies most important to the Vorhees clan. The Imperial Cult, Imperial Navy, Imperial Guard, and the Navis Nobile, and Machine Cult have all provided representatives. Last but certainly not least an aged crone of a throne agent, a representative of the Holy Inquisition dozes occasionally roused by her cybernetics waking her in response to some movement or snippet of conversation out on the floor.
In a table above even them the outgoing crew (that'd be you guys) are seated, many of you meeting for the first time. Thrust into this situation no doubt as much to meet each other as to test your abilities to function in such an enviroment. Two seats sit open at the high table, one was previously occupied by the master of the evenings ceremonies, Alejandro Vorhees, who ushered you all into you seats and set you talking before begging excuses to mingle and greet his guests. The older gentleman looking barely a day over forty although he is well into his second century. The chief representative of the Vorhees on planet is evasive about his purpose and does little to hide the fact from you that your send off is also a pretext for him to hold this gathering and work it's political angles. He has promised a more formal ceremony and briefing after the festivities have concluded and that all will be made clear in time. Of course you are aware that Alejandro is manipulating and testing you he's all but said as much, but despite himself it's very difficult to be even annoyed at him for it.
So now you sit, thrust into a situation that is both the center of attention and yet largely ignored, wondering about those next to you. Perhaps now would be a good time to get to know your future shipmates while the masses are distracted by a set of tumbling performers careening between whirling blades between the two long tables.
Riegien
Augustian leans back in his chair, lacing his fingers and rubbing his thumbs together while watching the party unfold below. A cherubim flutters down to set drinks upon the table, to which he frowns and mutters something about bats. Once the servitor finishes and returns to the sky, he turns back in his chair to the the table and those sitting at it.

"It is quite the show that is being put on today. Father always did like his grand to-do's, though I suppose we should talk before being set upon by well wishers. I am only familiar with a couple among us, and even those I have not spoken to in some time." He nods to Lucius and Mordechai. "It seems that in the interests of harmony we should get to know each other. After all, we'll be serving together for some time, if the Emperor so wills. I am Augustian Vorhees, son of Alejandro our esteemed host for this evening. I have served with the Guard for 20 years, and in that time have done everything from serving on the line to working with the quartermasters of the Munitorium and beyond. I'm here because, well, father isn't as young as he likes to pretend he is, and he wishes to ensure that the house will have a steady hand holding it together for the next holder of the warrant. My training for this apparently has lead me to this grand endeavor we will be embarking upon."
agustaaquila
Mordechai nods his hooded head in agreement. He is garbed in the normal fashion of the Navis Nobile, a long robe and a hood carefully folded to prevent staring at the strange gift all navigators are blessed with. His robe is jet black, embroidered with a pack of golden wolves chasing large elk creatures. Oddly, while the rest of the places were set with chairs a simple stool was all that occupied Mordechai's place. His pale face is all that is visible.

"Indeed Augustian, it would be wise and prudent to introduce ourselves to each other. I am Mordechai, of a Navis Nobile house that no one has every heard of. Upon completing my training, I was assigned to Fenneris, and served the Space Wolves that call that world their home. For many years I piloted their ships, ferrying them from battle to battle. In due course, I fought in boarding actions against fell xenos, and helped bring the Emperor's light to many worlds. I was discharged, and found myself without a ship. Augustian found me and offered me a place piloting the ships of the Vorhees Clan, a duty to which I am more than ready to begin. I have been planet lorn for too long, I long for the open void and carting those who would spread the most holy Emperor's presence through the Immaterium to reach their destination."
Tanegar
A red-robed man farther down the table leans forward. His face is long and thin, the lower half replaced by augmetics that give his breathing a rasping, amplified quality. His nose is long and bladelike, and his eyes burn with intensity beneath overhanging brows. Shoulder patches on his robe display the skull-and-gear emblem of the Cult Mechanicus, and twin mechadendrites sprouting from behind each shoulder give the incongruous impression of folded wings. The hood of his robe is folded back, revealing his shaven skull to be long and highly domed. The overall impression is of a predatory bird, reinforced by his quick, abrupt movements.

"I am Zacharias Hakko-konen, by the gra-grace of the Omnissiah Explorator-or-Magos. I have ser-served the Deus Mechanicus my entire-ire life. I am instructed by my superiors on-on Holy Mars to aid the salvage-vage of the Divine Inspiration-tion, and then to sail with her-er as her chief engin-inseer." The Magos evidently suffered from a fault in his vox modulator which caused him to repeat random syllables.

Having made his introduction, Hakkonen settles back in his seat and turns his eyes toward the ceiling with a certain amount of irritation evident in his manner. He had been accompanied into the hall by a servo-skull, and the little device's machine spirit had taken an immediate and inexplicable dislike to the house cherubim. Every time one of the winged servitors drew within ten feet or so, the ill-tempered machine extruded a shock prod and menaced the cherubim with it. The servo-skull is currently engaged in what appears to be a full-fledged dogfight with one of the cherubim among the columns supporting the vaulted ceiling, and it is this endeavor which Hakkonen observes with increasing annoyance. Finally he lifts his head and emits a burst of Techna-Lingua in a distinctly admonitory tone, and his servitor abandons its prey with palpable reluctance to float down and resume its position behind the Magos' seat, somehow managing to convey sullenness even without a face or body language.
PBTHHHHT
Cornelius, idly stirring his cup and seemingly lost in thought, looks up from his cup and nods. His brown hair and temple is accented by his widow's peak. His simple ecclesiarchal robes hangs loosely on him, while an aquila pendant around his neck. Cornelius' piercing blue eyes glances around the table at each of the individuals as they spoke.

"Greetings to each of you, my name is Cornelius von Kruegar. I'm sure you can see as to what role I will be providing upon this endeavour. I have served as chaplain on the Imperial frigate, Terra's Fury, for the past 40 years. Prior to my calling, I grew up on the Light Cruiser, Unyielding Faith, as one of the many cadets. Needless to say, I'm very familiar with life aboard a ship and probably another reason of why I'm here. May his divine grace keep us within his light as we set forth into the darkness."
LurkerOutThere
The party continues on as you talk. Over amongst the long common seating two young noblemen get into an argument over who is to dance with a pretty young girl. The dance floor is cleared quickly but calmly the lack of bodies upon it exposing and ancient and ornate dueling circle. In the circle watched by many two barely teenagers of house Stewart and house Kalim circul each other in a fencing duel to first blood, carefully testing each others defenses and swordsmanship.

While that spectacle is going on a tall woman in an odd variation of a monks robes steps out of the lower tables and past the mid. Her robes are odd because they leave her legs and arms bare having been cut in a manner similar to a long loin cloth that trails to just below her knees before being joined with gold thread. Her arms are interwoven with tribal looking tattoos and scaring. Despite baring so much skin it's clear that the cut, while provocative by some standards, is as much about function then scandal. She walks with a warriors grace and the sword at her side is worn loose and accessible. The Aquilla pendant that sits just above the swell of her bosom is finely inlaid with silver and rubies calling frustrating attention to that area of her body even though it completely covered by the much simpler material of her robe. He hair is completely unseen having been tucked under the high peaked cap she wears. She introduces herself specifically to each of you in passing as Countess Declure, the abbotess of the nearby Abbey of Widows peak. She mentions that she would like to discuss a matter of some import to her branch of the Ministorum but that it can wait for another more suitable time. As she departy the member of the Cult of Mechanicus sends his gold inlaid servo skull bobbing by your table to give his introductions in a slightly tin sounding but otherwise pleasant voice. He is Senior Magos Brogar and he is pleased to make your acquaintance. he also offers his promotion to brother Hakkonen on his recent promotion. The others at the noble table seem to be looking for their opportunity to rise and greet you as well.

Begin OOC:
Those who wish may test Common Lore: Ecclesiarchy or Common Lore: Imperial Creed.
Success:
[ Spoiler ]

One additional degree
[ Spoiler ]

Two Additional degrees
[ Spoiler ]

In addition you may test scrutiny.
Success:
[ Spoiler ]

One additional degree:
[ Spoiler ]

Two additional:
[ Spoiler ]

And last but not least anyone who made at least one degree of success on scrutiny above can test common lore: Arbites, Administratum, or Imperial Guard.
[ Spoiler ]
Drace
Lucius looks over at the missionary and the rest of his soon to be companions. "Well its good to see that Cornelius isn't warpfire and brimstone on the consumption of alcohol, and it is always nice to have a bit of the holy to rub off on you.", he adds, with a nod to both Cornelius and Zacharias.

With that little personal ice-breaker, he raises his glass, giving a little smile and a wink to a passing female page walking by, before lifting his head back so several war-braids move back away from his face. "The name is Allessaunder Lucius Voorhes, but you can all call me by Lucius, the rest of it is just too much of a mouthful honestly. I have had a good few years running family businesses, and was the second on the cruiser Leviathan's wake for a few good years. Guess I'm going to be the new captain and all, so I got to make a quick speech here to you all before I give some puffed up piece of grox-swill to make the bored nobles here happy and proud to be here, you know, give them a memorable time." With that he gives all the others assembled at the table a quick and honest smile, "So to you all I make this vow; your loyalty to the crew, the ship and me will be repaid in kind. Every ounce of effort put in by you all will be repaid several fold, and everyone here shall have a voice in all matters. While I haven't met most of you, from what I have heard of you all and what I have learned on the way, I know I am going to be proud serving with you all.".
Karoline
Synthia looks distinctly out of place at this particular table, not only because she is unused to such social graces, but because she is the youngest at the table by a good deal. She doesn't yet look like she is out of her teens. In fact she barely looks to be halfway through them, yet there she sits in fine robes for the occasion, an aquila so well tended to that it sparkles and shines in the light. She might be mistaken for Cornelius' assistant or apprentice, except that her eyes are milky white and have a glassed look to them, leaving little doubt that she is in fact an Astropath that has been bound to the Emperor Himself. Unlike most of her kind though, she does not attempt to conceal this fact by covering her eyes.

She has yet to touch her glass of wine, except perhaps to reposition it slightly. This may or may not have been intentional, as she seems to be sitting next to a friend that she has been catching up with. As introductions begin however, she starts to pay attention to the rest of the group. "I am Synthia Thane, His messenger." she tells the group when it is her turn "I have been asked to help House Vorhees which means you as well." she says, indicating the new captain. "Don't let my looks fool you, my powers are quite good even compared to older Astropaths." she assures the group. She knows she has been favored by the Emperor, but does not wish to boast any more than is required to ensure that she is taken seriously. She turns her sightless eyes on Cornelius and speaks to him directly "And if you in particular need anything, please, ask." she tells him. "I don't have a nice history like the rest of you, I've only recently finished my training." she says, leaving it at that, suspecting you don't want to hear what the training entailed. Few ever do. Still, it speaks to her gifts if she is being given such a high position so soon after her training. It would be more common to spend some years as part of a choir, or in some other less demanding position.

Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]
Zyerne
Synthia's friend, a tall, slender woman at least 10 years older than the young astropath, shifted slightly in her seat as she addressed the group. Impeccably dressed in the uniform of an Imperial Navy LieutenantCommander with the shoulder flashes of a Void-Master, her pixie cut hair accentuating high cheekbones and almondine eyes she looked every inch His officer.

"I think that just leaves me." she said, setting her glass aside. Her voice, light and musical now, had an undeniable undercurrent of steel behind it. "Lieutentant Commander Ysabell Iohane, at your service. As you can no doubt tell, Synthia and I are old friends although I believe until tonight she thought me dead. It would seem His divine will has a sense of the poetic." She gave the girl a brief smile before continuing. "As for the rest of you, you are no doubt wanting to know a little more about your soon to be pilot. Most recently, I was posted to the 492nd Support wing, flying Valkyries and Vendettas. This expedition will no doubt be rather different to delivering Storm Troopers and hunting down enemy ground forces but rest assured, I have served my time as a warship's helmsman too. Besides.." her eyes flickered slightly in Augustian's direction " I understand I was personally requested for this assignment, so someone here believes I have what it takes. I just have to prove them right."
Tanegar
Magos Hakkonen returns Lucius' nod absently as Magos Brogar's servo-skull approaches the table. Hakkonen's servitor extends its combi-tool and advances on its cousin as though bent on dismantling it, before Magos Hakkonen's manipulator mechadendrite snaps forward over his shoulder to drag the aggressive little machine back. Hakkonen is soon too engrossed in passing pleasantries by proxy with Magos Brogar through the latter's servo-skull to notice the additional guards entering the room.1

Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]
Drace
Gives the Countess a nod as she leaves, having promised her that he would do so at his earliest available time. Seeing the Magos talk to his erstwhile cult member, now that he is going to be ship bound, Lucius gives both the last two girls to speak up a nod from him. "Well Synthia, seeing as I know little about your kind, other than an astropaths duty, I am going to be relying on you, and I can tell you'll be more than able. And Lieutenant, if you can fly a ship without killing me, and pilot a ship, hell, I'd be proud to have you on the helm."

He gives a small salute with his glass to the two of them, before turning to his cousin, Augustian. "So, any word on how we will be getting to Port wander Cousin? Or on the state of the ship, from what I had heard, it wasn't in what could be considered, 'best' shape", he asks, idly watching the coming duel.

[ Spoiler ]
PBTHHHHT
Cornelius bows to the Countess as she leaves, having promised as well for a meeting. Cornelius nods at the conversations as it ebbed and flowed, particularly with the introductions of the new retinue members, he gives a nod to Ysabell. "I had a few training flights on the Valkyries back before I heeded my current calling. Those were the days, the experience of combat drops since then brings back memories."

[ Spoiler ]

OOC: edit: had to correct the name, wrong person I was addressing to in regards to valkyries.
agustaaquila
Mordechai seems nervous at meeting all the new people, and you noticeably see him act with disdain whenever a member of the Ministorum approaches.

"Thank you Countess. I will attend to your request whenever I have time.

[ Spoiler ]
Riegien
"Well, Ysabell, having experienced your proficiency in flight, you seemed a natural choice to help in this venture. Also having experienced your proficiency in flight, I've ensured extra rations of space sickness bags be brought along," Agustian grins and turns to Lucius. "I'm afraid I'm as in the dark as you. We'll probably get details once the party is over and father has time. All I know is that the ship is in rough shape, which doesn't seem to be any great mystery."

As the countess walks by Augustian rises and bows, agreeing to meet with her later. He then settles in to watch the duel.

[ Spoiler ]
LurkerOutThere
Out in the dueling circle the matter proceeds slowly. Knife duels, especially to first blood are generally quick affairs but the teens roughly equal skill levels and athleticism keep the matter open through the flourishes of attack and defense. As the duel continues the Stewart boy goes on the offensive missing by only the slimest of margins. Before he can reset his defense he is momentarily distracted by the sound of a small gong. As he shifts slightly his opponent strikes scoring finally and wining the duel. Many eyes are turned to the source of the noise in annoyance, Alejandro stands next to the grand entrance to the hall, seemingly oblivious to the distraction he just caused.
"Lords and Ladies, my guests and friends from near and far. I thank you for coming and beg your forgiveness for the delay of dinner. However when I received notification that an unexpected guest would be joining us I felt it best to wait for him as I'm sure you'll understand." He pauses almost imperceptibly savoring the moment. "Please join me in greeting our most benevolent liege the granter of so much prosperity we enjoy in the Calixis Sector, Lord Sector Marius Hax."
Alejandro takes a kneeling position and the mass of those present do so as well an expanding circle of kneeling people up to the dais where your tables sits the senior representatives instead standing and bowing deeply as the Lord enters.
Two black bodygloved guards sweep in side hands on weapons as they observe the crowd. After them comes a sanctioned psyker in fine robes who sweeps over the crowd with a gaze that sets those with the curse of psy sensitivities on edge with it's power. Once the trio seem satisfied the form of Hax enters. In contrast to the formality of those present here and the utilitarian nature of his security details dress Hax looks more like a scribe in his simple white robes then a planetary governor. What differentiates him from more rank and file of the Administration are the commonality and fine nature of his augmentations all bearing the Cogwheel of the Cult Mechanicus. He studies the crowd quickly and then mutters carefully his voice carrying over the crowd easily.
"Rise and harken unto me." He takes a scroll from his side unrolling it and reading from it formally without undo inflection or hyperbole. "Citizens of the Imperium. I am greatly pleased with House Vorhees and their service to the Emperor and the Imperium. As such with His authority and the blessing of his reagents the High Lords of Terra I do hereby amend the Vorhees warrant with a letter of Marque. This appointment authorizes the warrant holder and their chosen agents to operate as a military body within the Calixis sector, destroying the lives and seizing the property of the Mutant, Xenos, Rebel, and Heretic and distributed their wealth as they will after observing imperial law and tithes. I grant this with my own hand and my own power on this day."
A letter of Marque represents of a considerable expansion of a Rogue Trader dynasties powers even over and above their warrant and this is somewhat of a shocking coup for the family so recently coming off their rumored disgrace. It is easy to see who the true friends of the Vorhees are in this gathering for it is they who start the applause to be soon followed by those of a more neutral nature and finally even the enemies of the Vorhees amonst the crowd are stoicly claping if only not to seem out of place. The house of Stewart in particular seems to have murder behind their eyes.
The governor present the scroll to Lord Alejandro who accepts it with dignity and aplomb before leading his lrod to the table you sit and servants emerge to begin the feast. The sector lord and the house Vorhees counselor as the two make their way to your table. Mercifully they begin a conversation about difficulties of interstellar logistics which Alejandro is eager to assist with, a discussion that they do not seem disposed to involve you in meaning if you want their attention you'll have to speak to them yourselves as they mostly ignore you and leave you to your own conversations.

Zyerne
"Well now, it would seem congratulations are in order." Ysabell said, raising her glass to Lucius and Augustian. "Given the stir my getting this assignment I can only assume your rivals will feel much the same only ten-fold."

"Anyway Major" she went on, obviously adressing Augustian "about my flying. It's hardly my fault you ground-pounders can't take a high gee insertion without losing your lunch. Ok, maybe a Valkyrie isn't designed to barrel roll but as my small craft instructor always said, better puking than dead."
agustaaquila
Mordechai places his right hand on the left side of his wineglass and lifts it in toast. He delicately swirls the wine around.

"Indeed, congratulations are in order. To have the High Lords look so favorably upon House Vorhees is a boon indeed. There may be a price attached, but I am not going to sour the festivities by seeing what price extracts from us. That is for us to find out from Alejandro later. Let us enjoy the meal and celebrate that we are in service to the Most Holy Emperor, and that His High Lords have looked upon us with favor. For we know naught what tomorrow will bring."
Tanegar
Hakkonen rises and, leaning on the Omnissian axe that is combination tool, weapon, and badge of office, makes his way around the table to where Lord Sector Hax and Lord Vorhees are deep in conversation. Raising a hand to the sculpted steel mask that comprises the lower half of his face, doubtless a gesture of habit since he is no longer capable of actually coughing, he makes a small coughing sound to draw the two potentates' attention.

"Begging your par-pardon, Lords. Might one inquire if there is an-any detailed informa-mation on the condition of the Divi-vine Inspiration?"
Riegien
Augustian raises his glass with the others. "I agree there is undoubtedly a price with this honor, but it is a boon for the house none the less. It also means we may have Imperial backing for restoring the Divine Inspiration. That could explain how we are to salvage a derelict hulk."

"Captain, actually," he says back to Ysabell. "It looks like I'm going to be the least at ease among us in the void. I think I'm the only one who was stuck dirtside over the years."
Drace
Lucius looks over to his cousin and smiles. "Well cousin, if it makes you feel better, being in a void fairing ship is like being in a hive. Nothing much to look at but steel and bolts, the odd viewing port though is no different than the window you may have at home. You can't even feel it move, just hum as it moves at an astronomically fast rate through the void, a thin metal and void layer all that seperates......".

He realizes that he may not be helping anymore with his speech, or maybe it was intended to psych out his cousin the whole time, but either way he quits talking for a second before looking at the group and smiles. "Maybe I should quit talking, or how about save the good Magos from Hax himself, literally.....".plus it may be good to appear overly thankful and all that sycophantic grox-dung that Hax supposedly loves And with that he stands up, slaps Augustian on the shoulder comradely and walks over to Magos Hakkonen, Alejandro Voorhes and Lord Hax.
LurkerOutThere
The two men stop their conversation and nod to acknowledge the approaching magos. Alejandro seems about to say something but Governor Hax gets int he first word.
"Divine Inspiration you say? Why is that name familiar?" He thinks for a moment and then motions to a scribe that has taken his position along the wall. The scribe has anticipated the governors demands and presents the dataslate which Hax flips through efficiently.
"Ah yes the Divine Inspiration the only noteworthy Rogue Trader vessel to attempt the defense of Port Wander in 422, derelict and marked "Under Repairs" since then by station personnel. Most curious as you would think a ship could be returned to readiness in that time with the facilities available at port wander." He takes a sip of amasec and scrolls on the datapad. "It seems I have one salvage request every standard Terran week from various factions within the Mechanicus. In the last few years the vast bulk of these have come from a Magos Toronos stationed at port wander....interesting."
He looks to Alejandro and then to the Magos and the others standing near. "It seems to me that a ship of such vaunted ship shouldn't go idle when there is capabilities to do otherwise. House Vorhees has one year terran standard to get the ship operational and away from port wander or I shall be forced to correct this oversite and allow the Mechanicus salvage rights."
Alejando smoothly indicates the assembled crew. "But of course Lord, hence why this august body has been assembled, while we are mindful of the interests of our friends amongst the cult we have every intention of returning the ship to the service of the Emperor in short order."
Tanegar
Hakkonen searches his memory. "Mago-gos Toronos, you say?1 Ah, yes, I know her well."

Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]

(OOC)What do I recall about Magos Toronos?
LurkerOutThere
((For starters you know that they are female but i'll assume you wouldn't make that misspeak unless you meant to or feel your character would. They are the head Magos over port wander, responsible for all cult operations there both keeping the station running and collecting data from it's sensor arrays as well as collating data brought back or transmitted by the explorator fleets. She is the absolute model of what it means to be mechanicus: intelligent, reverant, efficient, and completely devoted to her duties and having given up all outward appearances of femininity or even humanity in pursuit of logic. Despite this she is considered quite approachable among port wanders power brokers and walks the corridors attending to her duties rather then locking herself away in her sanctum. There are nasty rumors that she has fascinations with xeno and other heretical tech but they are just that, rumors. Truth be told with all the hours she puts in as part of her duties on port wander it's hard to believe she'd have time for any dark pursuits.))
Tanegar
Thanking Lord Sector Hax for his information, Hakkonen turns and makes his way over to the Divine Inspiration's prospective Lord-captain, Alessaunder "Lucius" Vorhees, his servo-skull drifting after him and occasionally turning its gaze toward the cherubim with a sort of predatory wistfulness. "Lord Al-Alessaunder," the Magos says, disdaining the nickname, "I have just-just gained some very inter-teresting information from Lo-ord Sector Hax. The Magos leading the Adeptus Mechan-anicus presence at Port Wander, one Tonoro-ros by name, is apparently v-very eager to see the Divine Inspiration salv-alvaged. She may-may prove an invaluable ally-ly. I recommend we contact her-her when we arrive at Port Wan-ander."
Drace
Lucius nods towards Magos Hakkonen. God-Emporer, is he always going to use my first name......., he thinks, giving off a pleasant smile to the Explorator.

"Now that does sound promising, as long as she doesn't want parts or salvage from the ship itself, it is Voorhes property. But then again, any help would be great help, and a mutual back scratch wouldn't be out of the deal. My thanks for letting me know." He lightly stroke his goatee in contemplation for a moment before continuing, "Seeing as how you are both devout and esteemed priests of the omnissiah, it may be best if you are the one to contact her though. Not sure how she would deal with an outsider like me or my cousin at first if you weren't there."

He leaves the Tech-Priest to return to his thoughts or the table with a pat on the shoulder before walking up to Sector-Governor Hax and Lord Alejandro. He bows his head to Alejandro with a quick "my lord" before turning to the lord of the whole calixian sector and bowing his head even lower. "My lord Hax. I just wanted to come here and express my thanks over the blessing and honour you have bestowed upon our family and lineage."

[ Spoiler ]

He lowers his head towards Hax, "The Voorhes don't make a habit of forgetting those who are our allies and have helped us out, and I know for sure that if the time ever comes, or it is ever needed, I'll personally stand beside any who has done what you have for me and my kin."
LurkerOutThere
Lord Hax doesn't seem like your usual foppish nobile, the man is very business like in mannerism and custom. Still he seems favorably impressed with your sincere offer of assistance.

"A noble sentiment young man, I will remember it well. For now restore your ship and take it beyond the fringes, bring the emperors light and justice to those too weak or too ignorant to get it for themselves. Then perhaps someday when you. your crew, and you ship are fine and strong I may call for you, and ask you to cure an ignorance or weakness of mine, or perhaps just deal some justice where I need it applied."

Shortly thereafter Lord Hax excuses himself and leaves with his entourage, not seeming one for celebration. Alejandro is positively aglow later as he leads you away from the party, still carrying on in your absence into his private offices. He seals the door behind you and begins bringing only two trusted bodyguards and a scribe in with him. The bodyguards watch the door not you as their lord sits and pours you Amasec from a fine crystal decanter.

"I know you have many questions there will be time for them.. But as I'm flush with my own importance perhaps and intoduction and explanation is in order. I am Alejandro Vorhees the Vorhees families chief counselor and political operative. In formal situations I can be referred to as Counselor Alejandro. Personally i prefer Alejandro, Alex, father or uncle. I'm a little over 400 years old and every time someone refers to me as Master Vorhees or Lord Vorhees I look for my father. Similarly Rogue Trader Vorhees would actually be my sister. Honestly It was a lot simpler when i could just go by captain but those days are past." He smiles in a somewhat dottering manner at you, very much the kindly older gentleman, though how much is genuine and how much is a role is hard to say.
"Now I know the role of political operative seems trifling,, there was a time I felt the same way. My generation were far more concerned with pushing out into the unknown rather then managing estates or attending governors balls." He pauses looking out the armorcrys bay window that dominates one wall of his office allowing a commanding view of the grounds and the people milling there while giving none a view what lies within. "Such inattentiveness nearly led to our houses destruction, the other powers in the sector, Rogue Trader and noble alike whispered against us in the courts of the segmuntum and we had to stand under Inquisitional review, which to be blunt I still have more then a few scars from."

He pauses again as if lost in an unpleasant memory before continuing. "What I am saying, in a long winded fashion is that once I sat where you sit and by the grace of His will I am now old enough to sit where I sit. Serve nobly and you may live long enough to bore youngsters with your tales. If you don't serve well you'll likely die, and if you betray the family I'll have to have you killed and that's damn inefficient." He smiles grimly and it's easy to see he's not kidding mucha t all. He snaps his fingers and the scribe passes around documents for you to sign (at least for everyone who isn't of the family) acknowledging your service to House Vorhees and pledge of confidentiality thereof. The contacts are standard affairs and have been notarized in places by representatives of your own organizations.

"You will have quite a bit of autonomy in how to pursue your duties for the house. Once you sign the documents I am presenting you each with a seal that will allow you access to fleet accounts setup for your use. House Vorhees can and likely will deduct from time to time to recoup our investments but more often then not we will direct you to do things in our name and leave the details up to you. Henceforth you are all agents of House Vorhees allowed under Rogue Trader warrant to push beyond the boundries of the Imperium and deal with what you find there as you see fit. Very few things are forbidden to you but all the ones that are usually have punishments worse then death. Similarly as you and your house profit ultimately you do the emperor's work so from time to time I'm sure you'll come to understand that local laws and regulations get in the way of that work."

The scribes pass out dataslates detailing the accounts you have access to and data on the Divine Inspiration.
[ Spoiler ]

"First you need a ship, and we have a fine ship for you. As you may or may not be aware the Divine Inspiration was hulled and left badly damaged defending port wander from ork incursion. Due to a misunderstanding with the Cult of Mechanicus, and the pressing needs of the imperial navy for the repair docks we were not able to get it repaired at the time. Fortunately the Divine Inspiration was designed from keel to stern with self sufficiency in mind. She's a crusade vessel through and through and her machine spirit is a patient and forgiving one that has allowed her to be repaired all this time. We have recently received word from one of our servants upon the vessel, an Orbest Dray and his son Mekkan. That repairs have proceeded as far as they can on their own and that they will need additional assistance to continue further. As such you are to go to port wander, asses the condition of the ship and get her back up and running. You will have to draw whatever resources you need for this task from out amongst port wander or if you dare the maw itself. I have booked passage for you on a chartist vessel that leaves tomorrow evening. The crossing to Port Wander usually takes around 90 days terran standard in real time. So with the deadline imposed you will already be at a disadvantage. Still i have every faith in your ability to accomplish this task. You should be able to draw upon the loyalty of the surving members of the Divine Inspirations crew and their descendants and there's always the stockades of port wander and the Mechanicus cult for unskilled and skilled labor respectively. While you are returning the ship to spaceworthness I will put out feelers and see if I can come up with an avenue for profit in the maw something to make a fitting start to your careers. Any questions?"
agustaaquila
Mordechai makes a very odd bow toward Alejandro, after resigning the contract.

"Alejandro, thank you again for accepting me into your house and providing me the opportunity to one again travel the stars. I pledge my all the house Vorhees.

Lucius, I pledge to follow you as you set about restoring your family name. I will do my all to sustain, to counsel, and to support you through easy and tough times ahead. I pledge to follow you to the very gates of hell, and to lead you beyond them as that is my role in life. May the God-Emperor look favorably upon you, and hold me to my pledge."
Riegien
Agustian leans back against a bookcase, seeming significantly more at ease outside of the massive celebration. Taking the dataslate, he listens to his father's briefing.

"Have the Drays given any manifest of what they need for the next stage of repairs? Or for that matter, have they indicated what is expected of us on arrival?" Augustian asks looking over the dataslate. "Also, if we've been making a good faith effort over the years to slowly salvage the ship, do we know why the Adeptus Mechanus is so interested in taking over the salvage operations?"
LurkerOutThere
"Their notation was brief however I have uncovered documents pertaining to their original orders that have been the standing procurement for supplies on their behalf. If they are sending word that the work is complete we can take it to mean that primary repairs to the hull and superstructure are completed and they have proceeded as far as they can without intervention from the machine cult or just more labor. Per their orders the Orbest has operated under the greatest secrecy possible to conceal the progress of the repairs. If other factions about port wander or worse still pirates or the like suspected there was a light cruiser ready for the taking they'd swoop in and claim their prize. I fear the party might not have helped that but at least by moving openly to reclaim the ship we close off legal channels to those who would usurp control of it. Of course that leaves plenty of illegal channels."

"As to your second question my son I would wager a tidy sum of thrones that there is a great curiosity amongst the machine cult about the ships construction. Archmagos Faustus was a peerless shipright and designer melding techniques that were at the time nearly lost to us. It was believed that the new line of ships that the Divine Inspiration counted amongst it's number would bring a wider introduction of it's style amongst the empire. Sadly his career was cut short, he was accused of heresy, both of technological means and blasphemy and swiftly executed by exsanguination, decapitation, and immolation, not necessarily in that order. His name would be forgotten for all time like so many other heretics were there not a few examples of his craftsmanship still in service and a rather interesting paper posited by one of the fabricator of the lathe worlds during the last millennium. It suggested that perhaps some of the evidence against Faustus was constructed by an unknown entity or entities. The fact that no recording of evidence against him or even the details of his blasphemy remain sheds some scant evidence to that." He shakes his head.

"The Inspriation has always been a strange and storied ship, my own service on her was brief under my sister before being given a ship of my own, but who can truely say what ancient relics of the past might exist within it's twisting corridors. Frankly it's a wonder the machine cult has left it alone as long as they have."
Tanegar
After scrutinizing the contract thoroughly, his servo-skull peering over his shoulder like a curious child, Hakkonen finally affixes his name and seal to the document. Handing the dataslate back to the scribe, he turns toward Alejandro.

"Lord Alejandro, where-ere is the Divine Inspiration actually located? I had been under the impression that-that it was drifting in space, but this talk of repairs already under-derway seems to suggest it is actually in the dockyards of-of Port Wander. Are we, in fact, to sa-salvage a drifting hulk or merely take command of a vessel already enscon-sconced in a repair facility? Also, what specific features make the ship unusual? I must confess my igno-norance1 of Archmagos Faustus and his techniques."

Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]
PBTHHHHT
Cornelius digested the information provided.
"Interesting, so how much of the crew's descendants remain on the ship and how much do we need to make up to fully man the vessel? We may need to organize a recruitment drive at the station, though I fear that we may have spies planted among the many new ratings. I wonder if we can recruit some former naval hands or from other sources to travel with us."
LurkerOutThere
Sadly I am no expert on the Archmagos myself, there certainly might be those out there who are but I am not one of them. As to the ship it was moored to the remains of an asteroid defense platform also damaged beyond repair in the fighting. It's not far from port wander at all and within it's security envelope which has kept any large scale illegal salvagers away.

It would be a great good fortune indeed if the ship still had sufficient manpower to crew her, but I doubt that is the case. You will almost certainly have to seek ratings from port wander or elsewhere. Perhaps if the remnant settlement onboard the vessel is sufficiently large you could set out for a world like Malezial where you could recruit ratings for much cheaper and with less likellyhood of acquiring spies although there are other kinds of problems that recruiting from a prison world or similar brings with it. You do act with the authority the rogue trader warrant grants and the letter of marque which means you can avail yourself of the presment centers and stockades of port wander as well as recruiting naval personnel directly. I do caution you to approach the latter angle with tact and diplomacy paid to the naval officer corps as their not the sorts you want to make an enemy of.
Tanegar
"You-you said that the hull has been repair-aired; how much of the ve-essel is pressuri-ized and under life sup-support?"
Zyerne
"Oh, I don't know.." Ysabell mused. "I'm sure a few more won't hurt. Besides there are one or two whom it wouldn't hurt to have to get off their over-stuffed asses and actually work for a change." She gave a decidedly wicked sounding chuckle before continuing.

"They're really not the ones we want though...." She broke off, lost in thought. "Seems likeI'll need to spend some time going through personnell jackets when we get Port Wander. I could probably use your help there Maj..." Ysabell broke off again, looking over at Augustian. "Navy protocol, I'll explain it later."
LurkerOutThere
"From exterior observation done by other Vorhees ships it can be concluded that most of the major rents in the hull have been repaired, quite astonishing considering the lack fo a full shipyard. As to life support it's hard to say, it can be presumed that in the years without proper engiseers the ships drive engine is only partially functional so it it hard to guess at the status of the air scrubbers and the grav plates. Fortunately the ships comportmentalized nature means that any life support it does have is staying where it is. My agents tell me that the crew quarters and barracks area have remained habital the former hosting the crew remnants. The latter housing a squarter and mercenary community of sorts. Details on that are a bit sketchy." He looks at you carefully before devulging. "Truly i'm no supposed to know anythign about the ship, just arrange for the supplies to be delivered, by order of my Lady."

He grins somewhat rakishly. "But I do not think my Lady captain so foolish as to think i wouldn't peek and pry into anything forbidden to me. The converse of that is I should be too important and perhaps even loved by her to kill over minor insubordination. I guess I'll find out if you tell her I've been snooping. Before you ask, i have no idea why she would want to keep the state of the Inspiration from her own family. Maybe it was all designed as an elaborate test for me or you or both. She's prone to that sort of sense of the dramatic, especially as it was your older brother who perished at the vessels helm during it's last outing." He says shrugging at Lucius.

"Despite whatever tests she may prepare for you as the families token sentimental arm I want to see you succeed. Hence I have made the best provisions I can for your departure and have secured a Thunderhawk-V gunship for use as your personal lander. You will be taken to port wander by Captain Teech, a chartist captain who I consider a personal friend and reliably ally. He can either convey you to the port proper or fly close enough to the wreck that you can head out and board the wreck with none the wiser. Personally I advise the latter course, but the decision is yours. I will also send word to mate Dray telling him to expect you."
Drace
Lucius chuckles lightly, putting his copy of the dataslate away in a pocket inside his coat. "Well it seems that from what Lord Hax said, all we need to do is get it operational and move it away from Port Wander. In the loosest sense of those terms and if the year is looming closer than we would all prefer, all we need to really do to beat his deadline is simply get the ship's plasma drives and shields up and running, so that we can move it and not have debris trash it.".

He leans back in his seat, getting himself comfortable, taking out the dataslate once more and scanning the information contained inside it. "Then once we have moved a distance from port wander, all we have to do is come back to the port and use its facilities to fix up the warp engines, gellar drives and or whatever happens to be damaged and we didn't have time to repair.".

He looks over to Ysabell and smiles, "Good call, navy officers and ratings would be a good addition I would think, just allow them to realize the possibilities for advancement in a 'dynamic' rogue trader's fleet as compared to the 'stagnant' navy, oh and the freedom too.". He scratches the bottom of his goatee as he finishes his statement. "As for crew though, I don't think penal colonists would be the best addition to a tight knit crew, or even a crew with half decent morale. Same goes with the press ganged masses the navy employ. Maybe we could get some bodies from some of the Hive worlds near Port Wander, there are a few there. Or maybe even from the shrine worlds there, pious workers are hard workers, just let them know we are continuing Druses' work. Expanding the borders of the empire.". He looks around at the others around him. "Just a few of my ideas is all, seems safer than the number of possible spies at Port Wander or the malcontents from Malezial."

He seems to be lost in his own thoughts for a second after this, mumbling more to himself than anyone else, "actually could be good to use shrine worlds to set up colonies on any planet we find. Or penal worlds and trade freedom for loyalty......".

After a moment he snaps out of his reverie and blinks, "Oh and a thunderhawk aswell you don't say? Now that is quite a craft. That will be more than usefull in reaching the Intervention should we not make stop at port first. As well it would make a fine craft to transport troops should the need arise."
Tanegar
"Will-will it just be the six of u-us flying with Captain Tee-Teech, or will we ha-have an escort? If the former-er, I recommend at least a brief stop-stop at Port Wander to hire a squad of arm-armsmen in case the squat-atters aboard the Divine Inspiration prove trou-oublesome."
LurkerOutThere
"I can provide you with a tactical squad drawn from the elite of the house guard. They can watch your backs and form a reliable back bone for your ships security detail when the time comes. I would caution with holding out a full military confrontation with the squatters for last resort. Hiring sufficEnt military forces to do so would be expensive, raise attention, and cost valuable time. I would recommend diplomacy or stealth and treachery when dealing with the squatters. The crew remnants at least should be friendly to you. "
PBTHHHHT
"That is true, I'm sure we can possibly first try and persuade any squatters to join our endeavor. As a chance to earn a position in the Dynasty and earn some share in the profits rather than remain on stuck in one location in the middle of the void. Then again, some fools fear the unknown and would rather be kings in their puddle than join up."
Zyerne
"A ship the Inpiration's size we're going to need sixty thousand crew, give or take a few thousand. Do you have any idea how many are left on board? Having enough of them to man the critical positions could be one of our biggest problems.

Pressganged squatters are all well and good but without sufficient trained hands she'll be a disaster waiting to happen."
Drace
Looks over at Ysabell and nods. "True, but if there is enough of the clan-kin left on the ship, the squatters can easily be 'adopted' into the crew. That or they can function necessary functions that aren't ship related. Either way, they are another resource to be used.". He looks over to Cornelious and gives a slight bow of his head. "Aswell, it may be good to have a member of the eccliarchy on hand, seeing as they may respond just as kind if not more so than the rightful owners of the ship."

"The only thing I am concerned about is the contingent of mercenaries on the ship, are they Voorhes men, or independents setting up shop? If they are independent, a good contract and employment as armsmen or security for a set time could be a useful way to deal with them....".

He then gives his signature chin brush and seems to think to himself for a second. "As well, any criminal elements on the ship will have to be 'dealt' with.". He gives emphasis on the 'dealt' with part of that comment. "Either brought in-line or brought to justice, since a happy crew is a hard working crew. And a crew with access to minor narcotics and minor vices, gambling and drinking for example, are a happy crew. It all depends if they can toe the line we give them....".

"As for the troopers, they could easily be formed into a personal security detail for us as well as a strong front for ship to ship attacks and planetfalls. What are they equipped with?" He looks over st the rest of te command crew, "we can always re-equip them for specialized duties.".
agustaaquila
"Well, I think that negotiation is the proper way forward. We loose time doubly if we end up fighting them. We have to go find more bodies, and we have to use those bodies we find to repair any damage inflicted on the ship. Scrubbing blood off walls is not the best introduction to new crew, but its one that is far too common.

This will be doubly the case if we take on Navy personnel. They are used to order and discipline, and if the ship is too loose in its orders they could actually hurt overall morale. However, getting a contingent of people to serve as under-officers to us will be beneficial. They come ready trained.

As for the mercs onboard, if any, we should use bring them to heel and use them to help enforce discipline and order. I have never met a merc who did not want money, and the Warrant of Trade holds great potential for massive amounts of profit. I think we can buy them off, if we fail to grant them a sense of importance through negotiation.

There is a lot of work still to be done, and while a year sounds like a long time I fear we will be hardpressed to get all our repairs done on time. Restoring House Vorhees to greatness is a journey of many parsecs, and one that starts with us making correct decisions on restoring the Inspiration to her full glory."
Zyerne
"Lord Alejandro, does the family have any Naval contacts at Port Wander? Particularly those who might be susceptible to certain kinds of inducement?" It was clear that Ysabell found the idea of bribery repugnant but that she was well aware that it happened whether she liked it or not. "Much as I find the idea distasteful one cannot, unfortunately, simply execute every obstacle that presents itself."
LurkerOutThere
"We have some friends amongst the navy at port wander. I will use the time while you are in transit to locate the right people to talk to, I will also see if i can get you an audience with the station commander if you wish. Sway them and all else should be easy by comparison. I will send word to you via astropaths to the lady Synthia. Now if you will excuse me my friends I should return to my guests at the party, I leave it to you whether you return or retire for the night. I realize you may have your own preparations to see to."

WIth that he rises and unseals the chamber. Standing outside his chambers at parade rest outside the chamber in addition to the other guards in the fine livery of house Vorhees stands five soldiers in well maintained but obviously well used imperial flak armor. Bands on their arms denote their service to house Vorhees but that is almost all that would distinguish them at first glance from imperial soldiers the galaxy over. Only when you get a closer look at their face do you notice that all of them, including the female in the squad have a small earring of unknown origin, likely a unit insignia. Additionally the exposed skin of their hands where it emerges from the armor appears to be ritually scarred with many small notches. The final difference you notice on these troopers from the standard imperial guard comes when their leader bows and smiles low. His teeth have been filed into sharp points and his eyes have a predatory stance. His left eye is missing replaced with a plain but functional bionic and the point of a ragged scar slides down over his nose a remaining legacy of whatever wound took his eye.

"This is sergent Granx and his squad. They are some of the best troops that the house has to offer and will serve you well if you choose to take them on." He quickly leaves to return to the party and the squad snaps to attention the sergent giving Lucius a quick salute.

"Greetin' cap'n, me and mine kin are yours so says Lord Vorhees, Your house has promised me and mine that so long as we kill for you you will provide us the means to keep killing and a fair share for our means of the plunder. Since your going to be the boss I serve you first before the emperor just as mine serves me before the emperor." He smiles that predatory smile again. "Truth be told we're happy to get out again, arbites around here are starting to know our faces. Too many questions they ask."
Tanegar
"Thank you for your time, Lord Aleja-andro. With your permission, I-I will make my evening devotions at the house Tech-Chapel before retiring." So saying, Zacharias Hakkonen bows stiffly, first to Lord Alejandro, then to his assembled comrades. "Good-good evening, ladies and gentlemen, I will see-see you all tomorrow." He walks out with a nod to Sergeant Granx, dragging his servo-skull away from Granx' face just as the machine seems on the point of disassembling the soldier's bionic eye.
agustaaquila
Mordichai clasps his hand across his crest in salute Alejandro as he leaves. He motions Granx inside, waiting for the doors to close again before speaking.

"Sergeant, you and yours are welcome as far as I am concerned. I would welcome those who have seen as much combat as yours have, and we would be foolish to not accept you. I also am starting to have my problems with Arbites as well. So I welcome you, and look forward to seeing you onboard the ship tomorrow."

Mordichai rises, walks to the door, and salutes everyone before letting himself out. He then moves through some of the lesser used passages to the room for the night.
Drace
Lucius bows to Lord Alejandro as he leaves, and quickly takes stock of the warriors assembled before him and the rest of the command crew, returning the salute to the sergeant. "It would be a pleasure to have you and your kin among us.". He gives the soldier a quick conspiratorial wink and smiles, his voice going into a mock whisper. "And as it seems, a good few of us seem to be having the Arbites a little to close to our necks, so your going to be fitting in just well with us all.".

With that he walks up to the sergeant and puts on arms on the man's shoulder and the other out for him to shake. "So what sort of action have you and your kin seen in the service of house Voorhes? Nothin' specific mind you, don't want to make you blab about things better left unsaid, just curious as to what you guys do best and .... enjoy.".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012