Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D&D Repo
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Zhan Shi
I suppose there is a good chance that this, and most of the other events on "Operation Repo," was staged. Assuming that its legit, who the hell am I to make fun? I'm a big AD&D geek from way back. But these people....damn.

Visit My Website
Wounded Ronin
"I thought you said no one would be out here!"

I was surprised to see a woman. I was even more surprised that being there she seemed like she didn't want to be seen doing what she was doing.

Froy: "I want to make sure those things aren't real!"

That's the way I'd think. No way I'd approach a man with a mace or longsword and try to take his car!
Karoline
I have so much trouble believing that is real. I mean, I figure if you're LARPing, you aren't going to do it right next to a car. That kind of totally breaks any sort of immersion. And from what I've gathered, people will generally use their fancy names with titles as opposed to 'protect the wizard' or 'I'm the princess'

Also, I could be wrong, but shouldn't the repo men have been required to let them get their stuff from the car? They are after all only entitled to the vehicle, not any of the things in it. Don't know anything about repo related laws or anything though, so maybe not, especially since one of them apparently got assaulted though I didn't notice the hit.
Faraday
From what I understand, Repo is a scripted show, much like any other "reality" show.
Karoline
Ah, no clue. Would make sense though.
Drace
Also, was a bit wierd when half way in the woman started to cry 'save the wizard'. Sorry, but if that is real, they all have a bit of a problem seperating their larping and reality
Karoline
But they need the wizard's magical steed to return to the princess' castle. nyahnyah.gif
Wounded Ronin
I don't know about that show being totally scripted. The fights look real. Most scripted fights don't.
Karoline
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Jan 6 2011, 02:28 PM) *
I don't know about that show being totally scripted. The fights look real. Most scripted fights don't.

Well, the script could just say [fight here].
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jan 6 2011, 07:09 PM) *
Well, the script could just say [fight here].

I meant how they fight. They seem pretty much like they're really fighting.
Sengir
QUOTE (Faraday @ Jan 6 2011, 03:07 AM) *
From what I understand, Repo is a scripted show, much like any other "reality" show.

Wouldn't that make it some kind of LARP, too? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012