Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some advice here, please? Amazon & Refunds
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Tiralee
Greetings Hive Mind,

I ordered a replacement Rigger 3 from Amazon through an allied bookseller. Second hand, the price was right, condition listed as good-excellent and it was all I wanted.

It arrived and the condition was average-poor. Watermarks, coffee stains, binder coming loose from the spine, cover used as a floor-buff, you get the picture. (It also stank of cigarette, fail and cheese-its, but that's not covered under the Condition Requirements:))

It's my first time ordering 2nd-hand books through Amazon, so I left a condition report with the seller and waited for a response. I didn't mark them down as maybe they'd stuffed the shipping and someone's using my copy to remove wax from a wooden floor somewhere, Hell, I dunno.

Next day, I was really surprised to find Amazon had refunded the entire book and shipping cost
Now, even though this copy isn't what I wanted, it's of use and I'd feel bad about not returning it to the supplier (We never expect money for nothing here, btw) What are my options here?

Ok: update - their grovelling apology has made it from my junk mail to my inbox, they can't supply one in the advertised condition (!!! So, why are they still advertising?!!) and I'm to keep the book. Ok, weird.

Is this normal? I'm Australian and I'm buying from US suppliers.

(Btw, the "as new" Magic and used SR3 Source book were both in excellent-mint condition. Very nice. I've left feedback saying so. In addition, they arrived before the Expediated Shipping items for the better half did...that was an expensive option I'll not be exploring agian.)

-Thanks,
Tir.
deek
It could be an honest mistake. It could be someone trying to play the system.

I wouldn't feel bad about the resolution that came about and would just think of it as a bonus that you still got a book, in poor condition, but free. Since the seller is apologizing, I'd just sweep it under the rug and probably not buy from that seller again.

I don't think your experience is normal, but I wouldn't put too much into it.

Its kind of like losing a Netflix DVD. You do it once, and is no big deal. If you find it later, you are just supposed to send it back. Whether you do or not, no one will know. I am sure you can play the system and as long as you don't lose more than x amount a year, then there's no problem. Over that, and you will be found out and maybe have some limitation put on your account.
Tiralee
Yes, well, it's good enough for player reference (I keep the crayons from them for a reason) but most bookstores selling 2nd hand items live and die by classification. It's not something that's easily forgotten.

Anyhow, I've been refunded (I'll wait before touching it, I'm wary) and not buy from them again. The other 2 suppliers, certainly.

Thanks for the input!
-Tir.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012