Full Version: More than metahuman
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
Writer error. smile.gif
Omenowl
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 29 2011, 01:26 PM) *
And the reach?

Size. The stats of the bear shifter have a body and strength greater than a troll.
Yerameyahu
Sure, as a bear. smile.gif Either it shifts into human form (so it's a normal human, with normal stats), or it shifts into some 'greater than troll' version of a human… which isn't a human. Bleh. (So… it's not advisable to apply logic to the RAW, hehe.)
Omenowl
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jan 29 2011, 02:24 PM) *
Sure, as a bear. smile.gif Either it shifts into human form (so it's a normal human, with normal stats), or it shifts into some 'greater than troll' version of a human… which isn't a human. Bleh. (So… it's not advisable to apply logic to the RAW, hehe.)

You never say a bear of a man for a normal size human being. Lets just face facts a bear shapeshifter is a giant of a metahuman when in that form. When you include a reach advantage you can't hide it.
Yerameyahu
There's giant, and then there's "greater than troll". *shrug*
Stahlseele
Well, technically, Trolls still get the +1 reach even if they are only 2.2m tall.
which is not that much more than the average ork.
they just have proportionally longer arms.
a bear shifter would have to be REALLY BIG. AT LEAST over 2.2m.
and if he is still proportionally normal, then he doesn't get a reach advantage.
even if he were 2.5m tall . . technically at least.
if we make reach bonus dependent on actual body size, we'll see many orks of 2.1m.
and pixies lose reach to -1 or -2 due to being less than 50cm . .
Aerospider
AFAIK Body and Strength ratings are not meant to be analogous to size. They tend to increase together, but a Body 6 human is not expected to be the size of a small troll. Similarly I would rule that a bear shape-shifter in human form would be quite tall and muscular but still very much human-size.

I personally don't like the +1 reach applying to (meta)human form - I think it's contrary to the rest of the fluff and crunch, but not so much as to house rule it.
Mr Clock
If I needed a reason to deny PC shapeshifters in this edition as well, this would be it.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Mar 8 2011, 04:22 AM) *
I personally don't like the +1 reach applying to (meta)human form - I think it's contrary to the rest of the fluff and crunch, but not so much as to house rule it.

Agree.
Semerkhet
QUOTE (Mr Clock @ Mar 8 2011, 06:51 AM) *
If I needed a reason to deny PC shapeshifters in this edition as well, this would be it.

There are many reasons, this topic is just one of the better ones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012