Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: In the Eye of the Beholder
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
This is the IC thread for the SR4 Campaign: In the Eye of the Beholder.

Posting Guidelines will be decided once the roster is filled.

Link to the OOC/Recruitment Thread is Here.

Calendar Link for the Year 2072 (to help you pick the days ie mon tues weds etc)

Format Post as follows:

hh:mm:ss (Specific Day) November 1, 2072 Location
Character Name

Thoughts are in italics and khaki
Electronic communication is in pink

"Spoken Words are in QUOTES."
cheyenne is in green <-- spoken otherwise normal thoughts color.
NAMES are in BOLD

ALSO: NO sigs in IC posting please.
They say Atlantis fell in a single day and night of misfortune. Some say that Atlantis fell because it's rulers became to power-hungry, too focused on their own worlds,
and not enough on the world they lived in and ruled. If that's true, frag, if any of that's true, then I really hope, chummer, that history doesn't repeat itself.
Each year the corps grow more powerful, more sodden in the wealth of the oppressed... As they say, the rich get richer and the poor... well the poor get to avoid becoming reprocessed
organs on the chopping block of someone who owns more of the world than them.

Now I know this isn't really a bright way to begin a post thats supposed to chronical the lives of those in the shadows but that's my job and frankly, some days
(thank you very much Jack), I really have to work to not feel the gloom around here. I mean c'mon omae! The boards are filled day in and day out with the death(s)
of the more notable members of the scene along with the wierd, the freaky, and to be quite honest the insane things that go on in this sprawl we call home.

You're probably wondering why I'm writing this post; "Why on EARTH would you take your time to catalogue the minor players in the shadows Redrage? Sure, some of those in these annals may become one of us but why bother caring when 80% of these greenies won't make it past their first run?" Well, to be honest, it's cause I owe FastJack a favor, and as we all know, he has a penchant for archiving things about the life in the shadows. So here I am, keeping a record of those too smart and those too dumb to succeed, in the hopes that others learn at least a little bit, that those who read this, since it'll be posted to shadowsea, learn enough to give them an edge.

They call us shadowrunners because we live in those cast by the gleaming corporate towers... I say that those fragging towers better watch out...after all whenever you turn on a light, hasn't the darkness always been there first? Sure omae, it flees from the light, because the light can be brutal and more powerful at times, but the darkness can sometimes swallow the light... I say let those who would stomp us into the ground be warned, they may find sooner or later that history does repeat itself; after all power is the beauty that many seek, and as the old saying goes:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..."

- Redrage

Comments:

22:32:04 Friday, September 30, 2072

You know... some days I really channel the anti-establishment hate. I don't usually post religious stuff to the boards as you folks all know but this strongly reminds me of a really nifty verse I learned
when I was a kid (you know...when I actually HAD a family...back before the motherfragging reactor decided that my little neighborhood should be remodeled into Glow City?).

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

A time to be born and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to tear down and a time to build,
A time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain,
A time to search and a time to give up,
A time to keep and a time to throw away,
A time to tear and a time to mend,
A time to be silent and a time to speak,
A time to love and a time to hate,
A time for war and a time for peace.

-- Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, the Bible, New International Version.

I believe the Bible is divinely inspired; in its entirety the inerrant Word of God and the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man, and the Divine and ultimate authority for all Christian faith and life.

- Neo Believer

22:36:42 Friday, September 30, 2072

Aww man chummer, religious stuff late at night? Have you been hitting the deep again neo?

- CynicalParadigm01

22:37:21 Friday, September 30, 2072

Hey man you didn't let me finish my post... My main point, however far I've gone from your typical perfect life with 2.67 kids per household,
these Christian guys still got something right; they list everything you have to do but there is also alot of good advice there for those of
us in the shadows... Particularly that bit about a Time for war...right now I REALLY hope we here on the boards follow that chummers, be good
for the rest of us...

- Neo Believer

22:48:22 Friday, September 30, 2072

Fyi if anyone is looking for work I've got a hit lined up that really capitalizes on this theme, check me out on pms.

- Neo Believer
15:32:24 Saturday, October 1, 2072 Forbidden Pleasure
Jens

Thump thump thump; as the thrash rave vibe resonated from the speakers above the main dance floor of Forbidden Pleasures the sound seemed to echo straight down Jen's spine and into his aching head. It had been days since he had had some solid food and tonight was looking to be yet another one of those times; no matter how much he needed that soul satisfying substenance his heart fought it every step of the way.

"Man, omae... What a wicked set they're jamming out there eh?" As Jen's turned toward the corroded faux-mahogany bar, he realized the odd voice was issuing from a heftily cromed out troll sitting in the corner of the angled bar. He hadn't been able to see him when he came in due to the mix of shadows and blind spots coming from the front door; Jens immediately had the impression, as with every time he came face to face with Bianca's Bouncer, Rick, that any hostile intentions towards the establishment would not be intent on hostilities very long.

Jen had had opportunites to see Rick in action early on in the days after his life was ripped from his hands and fed to the ever consuming life that was the daily lot of a shadowrunner, and a more understated name or creature could hardly be imagined. Rick took Jen's normal moody silence for acceptance and validation of the wickedness of the set and leaned a little closer before whispering to Jen, "Lady Boss wants you upstairs; says she's got a scan that needs working."

14:53:38 Saturday, October 1, 2072
Nickolai

"Follow me this way ladies and gentlemen, we need to move on to the next piece before the museum closes for the renovation tonight." As the museum employee ushered the group of tourists on toward the van gogh exhibit Nickolai began to slowly hang towards the back while paying avid attention to the AR info on the tour.

As the guide reached the first in the set of paintings, Van Gogh's "Four Cut Sunflowers", she turned and addressed the small gaggle behind her, "Ladies and gentlemen, the last and perhaps most important of the painters in this exhibit: Vincent Van Gogh. Why is he important? Ladies and Gentlemen with each work of art you do not buy or appreciate it solely for the colors, one would not buy Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" because they had the precise shade of yellow that matched your wallpaper; no, instead you buy or appreciate the work and inspiration of the artist. You can of course purchase a print or an e-copy but that is not the same thing, you lack the true appreciation of skill and passion that drove this many to such a short life and such an influence on the the history of art."

The guide, taking the silence of the audience as acceptance of her words of wisdom, turned and led them further down the hall. "Here we have, "Starry Sky" also by Van Gogh, in fact this is the original painting, procured on loan from the collection of the Van Gogh Museum. This work of art is perhaps the most influential of all the modern impressionist painters for its moving lines and the sheer empathy that many feel when observing this painting at close range."

Hmpph, well at least that part is true, took me a damned long time to replicate that feeling, just hope that the boys didnt damage it getting it into the building.. As if Nickolai's thought had been the cue for the message to appear, his message box lit up with a message from Scarlet;
<<15:35:42 Ok Mr. Van Gogh, the package has arrived and the donuts are consumed, will be on site shortly. - Scarlet>>

Good, that means Psyche and co are on site and the SCC is ours for now, let's just hope this guide keeps on course and doesn't think to do a headcount. The run was going quite well for such a low impact plan. If Psyche and Scarlet had neutralized the SCC then they would have a much larger than needed operational window to get the replacement up and out before the next patrol came by to ensure that the museum was indeed closed. More importantly, before they let the baarghests out for the night. Drek, I hate those things...

Nickolai shuddered with the thought as he dropped back and the group of tourists was lost around the corner. If Psyche and co really had neutralized the SCC then there wasn't much of a worry in terms of security footage being shot, only in leaving behind a link or magical evidence.

Summoned by his pessimistic line of thought a security guard rounded the corner of the hallway and gave Nickolai the feeling of a heart attack in progress before he realized that it was just Lock, in his role as the part-time security guard fill-in for the unaccountably sick roster of night guards for the last 2 weeks. That part went abnormally well, truth be told; who ever thought that the Paradyne would have accepted BOTH of the team members applying for the position, much less put both Scarlet and Lock on the same shift...Luck be with me.

He moved forward into the light by the painting as Lock walked up to him and said, "Hey omae, you alright? Looks like you got scared when I rounded that corner." Lock chuckled as he moved to look at the painting in the light and whistled, "Wow chummer you really don't do it by halfs do you? My knowsoft diagnoses this as the real deal... I thought you were going to wait for me to put it up?"

Feeling somewhat testy for the shock he'd been given, Nickolai replied, "Well you're diagnostics program would be right, fragger; the painting is still the original, the dupe is over there." Motioning to the mobile utility kit workbench that had been sitting nearby in anticipation of the renovation planned for tonight, Nickolai moved over and said, "You going to give me a hand with this? The gobbos are in Helm's Deep so we have the next 15 minutes to get this up and be out before anyone's the wiser.."

Shrugging off the insult with his characteristic nonchalance, Lock ignored the question, his attention now completely fixed on the painting. "Hey omae you want to disable the security first? I know the generalities of security design but it's up to you to tell me where the contact points would be on a piece as apparently nice as this. Guess I should ask Scarlet to toss me any diags she might have up there in Helm's Deep, by the way omae where the heck did you get this terminology? It's certainly obscure enough."
14:53:32 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Scarlet

"How goes the shift boys?" Scarlet flashed the two guards at the security kiosk a winning smile and tossed her red hair back on her shoulders in a playful manner and waited for the usual appreciative glances before passing the ork and the human to enter the main locker room. Swiftly changing into her guard's uniform and checking to make sure everything required for both guard duty and tonight's run was in place she fixed her makeup, tied back her hair and put on the guard's cap with the Horizon subsidiaries logo in gold across the top.

"Dressed to kill, let's hope I don't have to..." Finally deciding that she had her characteristic amount of sex-appeal and serious she glanced one last time at the mirror and then waked out of the locker room and into the kiosk.

Mentally going over the op in her mind's eye she gave a nod of acknowledgement to Lock as he got up from his chair to stretch. "Slow day huh?"
Lock looked at her and then at the ork sitting at the console in front of them who's eyes were rolled back and appeared to be in deep slumber, "Yeah, Maggie, it's been a long day, only the usual dumb kid trying to stick gum on the picasso in 3A... I told Denver that he really shouldn't let the tourists so close to that one, will ruin its value in no-time, even if it's not an original..."

"I wouldn't worry about it to much, Ralph, Lenny over there has it plenty secure, if he sees trouble he'll just zap them with the shock wall won't you Lenny?" The ork stirred just long enough to flip them both the bird and then resumed his overwatch of the security for the entrance and traffic patterns of the 250,000 square foot museum.

Chuckling silently to herself, Scarlet sat down in the adjacent seat and began the daily tasks of monitoring the countless streams of input from all over the museum. Once it became clear that noone was paying attention to her, Scarlet uploaded a choice piece of code into the scheduler which she had cooked up for the last 2 weeks. I really hope this does what my friend says it does, it looks good but looks won't get me out of jail if that door doesn't open on time... The operational plan was very sound, but as with all runs, the plan only survived first contact with the enemy, should something not go right and that door not open, Psyche would be very dead very fast.

15:25:23 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Scarlet

Nodding to Lock as he got up to begin his rounds for the night, though of course the last one in his career with the Art Museum, Scarlet got up as well and sent Lenny a message after checking that her program was working without any mishaps,

<<15:25:25 Hey Lenny, going to check sector B, looks like we have a few stragglers from the heat signs. Better get them out of here before we set Pack A out for the night. - Maggie>>

As Scarlet began walking down the hall that lead to sector B and the SCC for Sector A, Lenny's acknowledging ping on the guard frequency let her know he had taken the bait and would be focusing all his attention on Sector B rather than on the main relays guarding the fortified entrance to Sector A's SCC.

Toggling her texting overlay, Scarlet shot a message to Psyche and Kestrel, <<15:25:56 Hey boys, party has started, eta to entrance 5 minutes, bring the donuts. - Scarlet>>

15:32:43 Oct 1, 2072 Seattle art Museum

Scarlet

Scarlet reached out her hand towards the big biometric lock on Sector A's SCC and motioned for Kestrel and Lock to take their places, "Frag, I sure hope this works, otherwise please pick up my remains aight chummers? Psyche, is the coast clear?"

In response Psyche's eyes momentarily went unfocused as he looked at somethning beyond Scarlet's comprehension. Minutes later his focus returned and he confirmed that everything was clear, "Yeah you're good, pretty much no magic on this area except over in Sector B, guess that dealer really wasn't kidding when he said he had something that would interfere with mana... kinda scary if you ask me...though I suppose it's better on Bret than on me eh?"

Sighing in relief, Scarlet pushed the biometric reader as her program worked its magic on the nodes ident files. Authorized biometric matrix recieved, entry granted, with a slight hiss the heavily armored and geared door to the SCC swung ajar as both Psyche and Kestrel moved in quickly, weapons out.

There wasn't even a struggle, as planned the only two people in the room were the main security riggers for the museum's west wing, both immersed in full VR and lazily assuming that everything in the meat was just dandy. Psyche took them both out with a tranq patch, while Kestrel and Scarlet began running through the feeds and overwriting all of the incriminating data on their entrance and existence in the facility.

Once it was ascertained that Psyche's spirit of man had indeed incapacitated Lenny at the front kiosk with a subtle suggestion to go to sleep Scarlet sent off a bleep to both Lock and Nickolai,

<<15:35:42 Ok Mr. Van Gogh, the package has arrived and the donuts are consumed, will be on site shortly. - Scarlet>>

"Right boys, for the next 15 minutes the place is ours, let's not screw anything up, Psyche you watch that door and blast anything coming at us that doesn't ping our comms first natch?" Motioning Kestrel towards one of the recliners, now vacated by the guards, Scarlet stretched out on the other one and said, "See you on the other side chummers, Kestrel grab those secure movers on the third floor and get them to sector B asap, we need some noise for security to latch onto if they get curious, burn that picasso with the caustics while your at it would you? I can't stand that pretentious bastard."

14:22:42 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Lock

"Afternoon Lenny, anything interesting today?" Lock flowed into the security kiosk with his customary grace and fluid motion and directed a doubtful, but quizzical glance at the ork sitting at the command console for the atrium's security desk. "Yeah, if you consider kids screwing the Picasso again, "interesting" or if you are in the mood for a more flavorful one, the geriatric lady who got trapped in the restroom on the third floor... and I mean that one literally Ralph. I had to pull the fleabag OUT of the toilet myself."

Chuckling roughly at Lenny's misfortune and self-pity, Lock moved to the shelf with the general equipment needed for his patrol. "Guess I'll start with second floor tonight and work my way down then since you have the bathrooms covered?" Grinning widely at the semi-irate ork Lock left the kiosk and began the first of his scheduled night of routine patrols.

14:49:24 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum

Lock

"Looks clean, you weren't kidding about the Picasso man, looks like they really screwed the coping up... who would have thought 3 kids would have access to that much gum?" Sitting down next to Lenny, Lock began going over the security logs, looking for one entry in particular. Finding the appropriate log, and making sure that Lenny wasn't watching, Lock carefully deleted the entry that would later give Scarlet access to the main security node and not just the limited atrium system.

Just as the entry disappeared from the log, Lock looked up to see Scarlet pass through the security door into the kiosk and ask, "How goes the shift boys?" As was her custom she openly appeared conservative yet flirtatious at the same time and today was no different. Lithe and lissom as she was, with her red hair and green eyes, Lock couldn't help but to stare for a moment or two to take in the very appealing scenery before directing a nod at her departing back as she disappeared into the unisex locker room.

"Now that's what I call a security risk eh Ralph?" Whistling to himself Lenny brought himself out of his faked VR trance to grin wolfishly, "I'd definitely hit that, what about you?" Lock grinned in acknowledgement and said, "You have no idea man."

Turning back towards the console he saw Scarlet exit the locker room and move towards them, now dressed in the appropriate guards uniform, complete with burnished cap that none but the most hardcore wageslave would wear, emphasized somewhat by the fact that both his and Lenny's caps were perched precariously on the consoles in front of them.

Under the pretext of getting ready for his next patrol, Lock got up to stretch when Scarlet inquired about the course of the day. "Yeah, Maggie, it's been a long day, only the usual dumb kid trying to stick gum on the Picasso in 3A... I told Denver that he really shouldn't let the tourists so close to that one, will ruin its value in no-time, even if it's not an original..."

"I wouldn't worry about it to much, Ralph, Lenny over there has it plenty secure, if he sees trouble he'll just zap them with the shock wall won't you Lenny?" The ork stirred just long enough to flip them both the bird and then resumed his overwatch of the security for the entrance and traffic patterns of the 250,000 square foot museum. Nodding to Lock, Scarlet sat down in the adjacent seat and began going about the business of the day.

15:25:23 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum

Lock

Sighing as he got up to begin his last, though not the last scheduled patrol of the night, Lock got up and donned his belt and cap and moved out of the kiosk towards the stairwell for sector A and the Van Gogh exhibits. Well at least it will be my last if it all goes well...

15:35:42 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Lock

As he glided down the "Sunflowers" exhibit Lock mentally went through his checklist:

1. schematics for the security systems, check
2. check for extraneous not listed systems, to do
3. switch the painting with Nickolai's help, to do
4. move the utility kit out of the facility to the truck of spare parts on the east side, to do
5. complete routine patrol and find that Lenny has fallen asleep, to do.
6. complete the nightly patrol
7. walk out of the building at 7:00am when morning shift comes in for the day, to do.
8. fake death via motorocycle accident, to do
9. ditch comms and incriminating evidence, to do
10. rendezvous with team for the delivery at 10:00am at Grigg's in Puyallup, to do
11. Get paid, to do.

As he slid around the corner, he was quietly satisfied with the obvious scare he'd given to Nickolai, "Hey omae, you alright? Looks like you got scared when I rounded that corner." Chuckling as he walked over to the painting to look at it in the light, his Horizon "Da Vinci" knowsoft chimed in with the details and specifics of the painting. He whistled quietly, impressed with Nickolai's obvious mastery; "Wow chummer you really don't do it by halfs do you? My knowsoft diagnoses this as the real deal... I thought you were going to wait for me to put it up?"

"Well you're diagnostics program would be right, fragger; the painting is still the original, the dupe is over there." Motioning to the mobile utility kit workbench that had been sitting nearby in anticipation of the renovation planned for tonight, Nickolai moved over and said, "You going to give me a hand with this? The gobbos are in Helm's Deep so we have the next 15 minutes to get this up and be out before anyone's the wiser.."

Shrugging off the insult with his characteristic nonchalance, Lock ignored the question, his attention now completely fixed on the painting. "Hey omae you want to disable the security first? I know the generalities of security design but it's up to you to tell me where the contact points would be on a piece as apparently nice as this. Guess I should ask Scarlet to toss me any diags she might have up there in Helm's Deep, by the way omae where the heck did you get this terminology? It's certainly obscure enough."

Making a mental note to keep Nickolai in his contacts folder as a very talented artist, he looked at the dupe and the original. Each time he looked at either of them the knowsoft chimed in, verifying its legitimacy and quality.

12:30:42 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Circle of the Council, Metaplanes
Psyche

"Welcome young one. Do you know who stands before you? The one who runs with the wind. Do you know what is? The state of being in tune with myself. Do you know where you come from? I am the one who represents the Slayers past and future. Do you know who you are? I am part of a whole, the ice ahead of the arctic snowstorm, I am part and parcel of the Sigh-heard-on-the-arctic-wind. Welcome young one, the council accepts you as one with the wind; your trial begins today. A year and a day, that you may know the life in Spirit and the breath in life."

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP... "whattha whosthere!?" Psyche jerked awake, shocked into consciousness by the alarm waving from the dash of his yamaha growler. Ugh I never get enough concentration time with that thing waving around. Grumbling to himself he suddenly remembered the vivid ur-reality of the Host of Council. It would be a year and a day before he could convene with them again, the time for the greatest trial of his life; the ascension to the rank of Slayer.

And of course I start in the grandest way possible...masquerading as a fragging janitor. Guess the only way to go from here is up. Grinning ruefully Psyche began to attempt to clean his janitors uniform before slipping it on and heading in to his job at the Seattle Art Museum.

14:23:56 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Kestrel

"Hey Bill, move that oxidizer back onto the cart would you?" Kestrel motioned to Psyche, who was wearing a dilapidated cleaning form to match Kestrel's, as he moved the oxidizing solution from the storage shelf onto the motorized trolley. "You know, that might come in handy if we have to clean up any impromptu art work tonight, know what I mean?" Psyche grinned and nodded, "Yeah, that's my thoughts too honestly; plus it'll help when cleaning the Picasso today." Kestrel glared at Psyche as he turned his back, wishing for the umpteenth time that their in had not involved masquerading as 2 janitors from the outsourced cleaning department.

"You sure you packed everything omae? I would hate to find that we missed something on this dratted trolley when we need it most..." Kestrel glanced through the disguised contents of the cart, "If you forgot anything I'm going to be seriously annoyed." Psyche grinned lazily and nodded in affirmation, "Yeah man, everything's there except maybe a totem pole and a peace pipe... hey speaking of which, how do you Indian people get on in such a "civilized" society? I mean really, a guy with a fascination for mechanics and aircraft coming out of the NAN... ironic at the least." Glaring at Psyche, Kestrel replied, "Unlike some inbred white boy I actually work based on my work ethic and intelligence thank you very much, stereotypes only isolate you. You look Russian, do you know how to make vodka?"

15:25:30 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum

Kestrel and Psyche

<<15:25:56 Hey boys, party has started, eta to entrance 5 minutes, bring the donuts. - Scarlet>>

Psyche and Kestrel wheeled the trolley out of the janitors room, hopped into the seats and started coasting down the hallway towards Sector A, "Hey man, at least you get to drive this sweet ride, bet it's better than anything you've got." "You know very damned well why I can't use my babies until later tonight, piss off." As they wheeled down the corridor, Psyche checked to make sure that all the goodies were secured on the trolley and properly concealed.

Halfway down the corridor, Scarlet appeared as graceful and alluring as ever, waiting for them at the biometric lock to the SCC. Scarlet reached out her hand towards the big biometric lock on Sector A's SCC and motioned for Kestrel and Lock to take their places, as they unpacked the trolley and pulled out Scarlet's FN P93 Praetor, Kestrel's Crusader and Psyche's Monofilament Whip. "Frag, I sure hope this works, otherwise please pick up my remains aight chummers? Psyche, is the coast clear?"

In response Psyche's eyes momentarily went unfocused as he looked at something beyond Scarlet's comprehension.
Let's see, no astral presence at all besides the wards on the outer side of the west wing and that wierd one up on the fourth floor, I really ought to find out what is being kept up there when I have time to come back.

Psyche glanced about, assensing whatever he could but thankfully it appeared that whatever that drug was that the on site mage had been doped with was as good as the dealer's boasts. Minutes later his focus returned and he confirmed that everything was clear, "Yeah you're good, pretty much no magic on this area except over in Sector B, guess that dealer really wasn't kidding when he said he had something that would interfere with mana... kinda scary if you ask me...though I suppose it's better on Bret than on me eh?"

Sighing in relief, Scarlet pushed the biometric reader as her program worked its magic on the nodes ident files. Authorized biometric matrix recieved, entry granted, with a slight hiss the heavily armored and geared door to the SCC swung ajar as both Psyche and Kestrel moved in quickly, weapons out.

There wasn't even a struggle, as planned the only two people in the room were the main security riggers for the museum's west wing, both immersed in full VR and lazily assuming that everything in the meat was just dandy. Psyche took them both out with a tranq patch, while Kestrel and Scarlet began running through the feeds and overwriting all of the incriminating data on their entrance and existence in the facility.
14:32:05 Saturday Oct 1, 2072
Mathias

"Greetings, Matt, I trust everything went well with our arrangment?" Nothing could have been further from the truth, the hunt had been rough, that is, rougher than normal. Nothing had gone right beyond netting a few extra interesting tidbits of video which he might be able to pawn off to Davos but that was neither here nor there, the main goal was getting paid. "Actually no, no it didn't Hell, I got the job done, but it's going to cost more than originally bargained for, your client didn't do adequate research, there weren't supposed to be any warforms in that facility. As it is, I had to have some extra one on one time with the doc and that's a cost that needs to be kicked down the line to the client. I know you are pretty good omae, but you could've done a little homework on the job next time; I got lucky, it could very well have been a bit of me mixed in with the soya line at the stuffer shack next week. That info and the agreed upon package are uploaded onto the link but it'll cost 5k extra for the hassle."

Hellfire leaned back against the clubs leather backed wall and regarded Mathias calculatingly. After about five minutes of waiting he leaned forward and nodded in agreement, "Sorry about that man, who would have suspected that I&B would have that heavy of paranormal security at their aquafarm. Well at least you have the special necessities to deal with those...issues. Anything else I should be aware of...?"

"Nah omae I'm good, one good thing about being a dwarf, they didn't really secure some of their lower netting, that's how I got in...call that free info and a favor later chummer."

"Very well, in that case here is your nuyen, certified as you prefer it, with an additional bonus for a job well done. Also if you're interested I have another project that requires your... especial skills. You want to hear the details? It pays quite well due to the rush nature of the job, but you will not be in any immediate danger, it's more of a legwork and advidsory role than anything." Hellfire leaned back once again after sliding the cred across the table and waited silently for Mathias' response.

Quickly but gracefully, Mathias picked up the cred, slotted it into his comm to ascertain the total and his eyebrows shot into his almost non-existent hairline. 42,000 nuyen?! Man, he wasn't kidding about a bonus...why do I suddenly feel like this is going to bite me in the butt? Ah hell, might as well find out what the job is, not like I'm desperate for cred anymore anyways.

"Ya sure, why not? It pays to at least hear the details..."
Thanee
15:35:00 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
PAN = hidden [R5 S4 S5 F6 | Analyze 6 Browse 6 Command 6 Edit 6 Armor 6 Attack 6 Biofeedback Filters 6 Spoof 6 Stealth 6 | Processor Load 4 ]
Scarlet

Once Scarlet became aware of the VR, she started looking around to make herself familiar with the system. Using the museum's own rigger access had its advantages for this part for sure, as she didn't even need to 'convince' the system, that she was a privileged user with certain rights.

Searching for any traces of further security installations, beyond the ones that they were already aware of, didn't yield much in terms of results. Looks like they actually did find everything in advance after all.

Accessing and editing the various logs, which had documented their presence in the museum, proved to be less troublesome. There were camera recordings, but also security scanners, maglocks, and the system's very own log, recording every command she sent along the virtual highway. All these and more were tampered with until their presence here today was obfuscated as much as possible.

<< 15:40:00 [Scarlet] Alright. I got this place tidied up as much as possible. We've never been here, if you ask the computer. >>
Seth
Jens
15:33:01 Saturday, October 1, 2072 Forbidden Pleasure

Jens gulps. I knew I shouldn't have come here.. Forbidden Pleasures was one of those places that Jens only goes to for a purpose. Tonight it had been necessary. Charlie his usual blood supplier hadn't been seen for 2 weeks, and Jens was out. There are very few places in Seattle where traders in human blood could be found, and even fewer where Jens was confident he had a chance to get out alive. You could find anything at Biancas...anything at all.

Bianca wants to see him? Each time Jens meets her, he's never very sure how he’s going to get out in one piece.

"Her bar?" he whispers back to Rick. Rick nods, and Jens starts climbing.

Jens moves to the staircase behind Rick, and starts climbing, his feet absolutely silent on the thick red pile carpet. Halfway up the stairs he pauses and casts a couple of spells to clear and fortify his mind. Jens nervousness shows, as his control of mana is less efficacious than usual.

At the top of the stairs, Jens pauses. The window overlooking the alley was dark, and made a near perfect mirror. In the mirror was a tall dark handsome man. Jens was wearing his best outfit for the meet, at the moment set to dull respectable. Probably not the best when seeing Bianca: she had standards. With another muttered word, and a few gestures, his clothes flow and morph. Jens nods in approval: Slick spray on leather with blood red garnet earrings, was much more in your face Vampire Chic.

Walking down the corridor, Jens pauses at the entrance to the Bianca’s bar. Like her the bar was a combination of stylish sexy, and incredibly scary. Black wood panelling, with a red carpet. Gold trimmings on the ornaments. Two chaise lounge faced each other, with a large table between them. Jens winced internally, the table had stains on it, and a few scars on its legs where the handcuffs had been used. It was like the altar in a B movie. Bianca kept it around to scare visitors, and it was certainly working. To the back was the bar counter with a wide range of expensive looking drinks for humans.

Bianca looks up from the couch as Jens enters. She was wearing one of those incredibly expensive moonlight silk cocktail dresses. Waving at the other couch, she gestures Jens to sit down. On the table were two glasses full of a thick red liquid. Walking confidently Jens settles down on the other couch, takes a glass and toasts Bianco.

“Pleasure to see you as always Omae, how can I help you today?”
WearzManySkins
15:35:23 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum Sector A's SCC
Kestrel

Kestrel
looks over the Spyder Central Room, positions into the recliner, checking for things that one does not want to lie down in. Lowering down into the recliner, feels the cushioning embrace, settling into the Middle World as the Virtual World encompasses him.

Standing up from the grass of the meadow, with his right hand brushing off his breech tanned, multicolored beaded breechcloth, leggings, and porcupine quill vest free of blades of grass.
Whistling a series of long soft notes, his centipede lying against his spine, begins moving upward towards his neck, stepping over a necklace around the neck. Circling the neck and stops, then merges with Kestrel’s third eye.

Not going to catch me the same way those pale faces got coup counted on them with a tranq patch. No I am not going to destroy things without reason; I am not a pale face.

Turning to view the meadow in its entirety observes some prairie dogs looking out of their holes.

An ornately carved and decorated cedar flute materializes in his hands. Caressing the smooth cedar wood of the flute begins to play a tune both bright and fast. Musical notes encircle the prairie dogs several times; then head off to the far end of the meadow; prairie dogs move out of their holes and follow the musical notes to the far end of the meadow.

Once the prairie dogs reach the meadow end, begins playing tune hard to hear.

In the 3 trees 3 bats begin to stir, high in the sky a hawk begins to circle tighter and lower. They each merge their senses to Kestrel’s third eye.

Sorting thru the senses in the third eye, takes a look from each set of senses.

<< 15:31:24 Decoy Drones moved so section B, my drone sensors feed available, linking to to those that want it>>
gobogen
14:33:40 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Some Club
Mathias

Looking pleased, Hellfire leaned forward once more and started to describe the mission. "It's a cakewalk really omae, all you need to do is roll along with some goods going from Bellevue down to Tacoma. The Johnson wants someone with experience with the "unatural", his words anways, he told me that the goods might be hot but that you are merely to advise the team on paranormal threats. Apparently he is worried that the goods may be traced by something to do with paranormals, though he couldn't be too specific. Beyond that it's an easy smugglers run with nice cash. Really nice cash chummer, he's paying 40 grand to put these down there without a hitch."

Another 40 thousand in the same night?? Matt couldn't believe his luck even though he didn't want to sound eager. "This is too good to be true, Hellfire, you know it. I don't like to hear 'cakewalk' and '40 grand' to describe the same run. Does 'afraid of being traced' mean they're currently being chased by half a dozen vampires or something? If the danger is really that low, why would they pay so much and insist that I come along? I'm willing to give them advice for half the offered price, if that's all they want!"
14:34:43 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, The Flying Swan Nightclub
Mathias

Hellfire nodded, "Yeah I know omae, that's what I thought at first too, so I did some digging. My sources tell me its more of a concern over what is being smuggled than what would come after them. That's where you come in, in case whatever is in the nicely reinforced boxes gets out and decides to play. The chances of being caught are lower than most, I took the trouble to check his story and its clean; basic movement through several corp jurisdictions will make it an extra-territorial nightmare for anyone coming after you." Hellfire looked down at the table for a moment and then up at Mathias again, "Look I know last job I didn't do my homework, this time it's different, I need a favor from you omae, the Johnson only offered 20 grand, the other 20 is mine. I don't have anyone else to take this job with your skills online at the moment and my ass is on the line if I can't get coverage tonight. I'll owe you big time chummer. If you're worried though, one of my boys is already on the procurement side of one part of the package, and he's damned good at what he does; if there's any trouble he'll deal with it quite fast I assure you, goes by the name of Lock."
15:34:25 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Forbidden Pleasures Private Upstairs Bar
Jens

"Mmm, my dear, what an innteresting colloquialism... Far more than you would be willing to I expect dear pet." Bianca moved gracefully and luxuriously from the lounge in a soft rustle of silk to pick up the twin of the goblet in Jen's hands and sat down next to him. He could feel her, so close now, her breath disturbing the liquid in his hands. NO! I'm not an animal, and I am certainly no play toy to be had at a whimsy! Jen's shifted uncomfortably from the overpoweringly attractive woman and attempted to force the conversation back on track, "Ahem...err...Rick said you had a job that needed my attention?" His speech trailed off lamely as she began to caress his neck, "You know, my pet, how long has it been since you've taken food? It wouldn't do to have my prize pass away from malnutrition now would it? Yes, I do have a job for you, one that I think you will especially like dear."

Bianca rose gracefully and walked over to the bar. She spent just a moment there as she picked up a slim gray folio which Jen had not noticed upon entry into the room. "What can you tell me of art my dear?"
gobogen
14:35:27 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, The Flying Swan Nightclub
Mathias

After a moment's hesitation, and a few more seconds for good measure, Mathias reluctantly accepts. "Well, you sound like you mean it, omae. For you, I'll do it, Hell." That is, I'll do it for the money.

"All right, gimme the details and send me the itinerary. This guy Lock, is he a spellslinger of some kind? Surely, your guys must have some kind of magical assistance."
14:36:37 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, The Flying Swan Nightclub
Mathias

Hellfire nodded, and gave a relieved sigh, "No, he's not a spell slinger, but a good chunk of the team will have magic covered. His skillset tends to be more infiltration related but he can handle himself in a fight. Very professional, very well rounded. You'll hook up with them at Grigg's Warehouse, more of a converted trading black market lot really to be honest. Don't ask questions, for heaven's sake don't try to steal from them and it's one of the safest locations in Seattle, generally because its a roaming market. Check in with Gary and he'll point you to the group. Your job, same as the team, don't pry into the packages, get it to Tacoma Dockyard B before midnight. Half up front, half at delivery plus a bonus for escaping notice and another one for making it to the dock before 10pm. Good luck omae, I owe you one."

Hellfire tossed a credstick onto the table and walked out of the club into the night.
Seth
Jens
15:35:01 Saturday, October 1, 2072 Forbidden Pleasure

Its so hard to think with this crazy dangerous lady near by. Jens' family tradition is that art is dangerous, it is recognisable. Very often it is better to hack it up and sell it for its components. "Hack gold" is a very Norse expression.

This probably isn't what Bianca wants to hear, and its always a good idea to tell her both the truth and what she wants to hear.

Jens knows people that want to buy it, matrix nodes where people gather to discuss it, but very little about it. QUickly flicking AR he scans for a listing of Seattle's museums and whats on at the moment.

"Well I haven't studied it, I was more into technical stuff as a kid, but I have been to the museums in town. I particularly like the van Gogh exhibition they have at the Seattle museum. Is this a 'make art', 'acquire art' or 'sell art' sort of job?"

There: not the strongest of replies but at least its accurate.
15:35:32 Saturday, Oct 1, 2072, Forbidden Pleasure
Jens

"My dear," Bianca purred as she resumed her spot almost inside his skin, "I don't mean the kind of art that speaks to us through painting... I mean the kind that speaks to us in more... forceful ways. You are after all, a fairly well known voyeur are you not? No my sweet, this job is playing caretaker to a very...artistic cargo. I need you to help a team smuggle some goods from Grigg's Warehouse in Bellevue down to Tacoma. I know how you are with the toys my dear, they may not care for being transported this way but they are only toys after all." Bianca smiled seductively at Jens as she sipped from her goblet, "What do you say dear?"
Seth
Jens
15:35:20 Saturday, October 1, 2072 Forbidden Pleasure

Hyperbole. Got to hate it.I've no idea what Bianca wants shipping, but I cannot possibly let her know that. Is this shipping of porn? porn stars? prostitutes? Probably sentient sex toys.

Grim. Grim. Grim.

Still does it really matter whether I want to do the job or not. I cannot say 'no' to Bianca and walk out of here in one piece so....

"Of course Bianca, I'll be happy to help out. Shall we discuss details?"

The sooner I am out of here, the safer I will be!
15:37:46 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Seattle Art Museum
Kestrel

Lost in the glorious sensory detail presented by the VR overlays, it was several seconds before Kestrel realized that a truck was quietly rolling into the loading dock of East Wing. The fairly large container truck was entirely painted matte black and had no lights running, if not for the radar on the drones Kestrel knew he would never have picked it up due to the abnormally large amount of volcanic ash floating in the already cloudy sky. As soon as the container edge was against the loading bay, the doors swung open and several figures emerged, all of them obviously armed from the various shapes that could be made out in the half light of the fitfully blinking security light. Just as quickly, they disappeared into the building as one of them fumbled with the maglock and then opened the secure door leading into the facility.
15:37:26 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Forbidden Pleasures
Jens

"Mm there's a good pet. Everything you need is in this folio. Payment is based on delivery to the docks for both your package and the other team's package, Tacoma Dockyard B by no later than midnight. Should you get there earlier there may well be a bonus as well as one for escaping detection or pursuit. The contact who sent me this wants it clean as can be, do you understand? Oh and you are being paid 24,000 nuyen upfront half that again when you deliver. I can't stress it enough though my dear, don't get caught." Bianca leaned up against him and gave him a kiss on the neck, just shy of biting, "Good luck my dear."

Seeing that there was nothing else to do but accept the folio, which Jens realized also contained a slim credstick, Jens rose from the lounge, finished his goblet hurriedly and practically ran to the stairs.
15:41:23 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Seattle Art Museum
Scarlet

<<15:41:23 Scarlet, op plan changed, Johnson needs delivery ahead of schedule, no later than 24:00:00 tonight or our asses are in a sling. Something happened, get the goods and get the frag out of there, something changed in their security parameters. - Santana>>

Shocked out of her search for the nagging and disconcertingly missing information on where the pressure pads had been serviced, Scarlet immediately began assessing possible exit strategies that would still allow for completion of the objective.
Seth
Jens
15:45:22 Saturday, October 1, 2072 Forbidden Pleasure
<<:Active: 15:45:22: Analyse 6, Armour 6, Biofeedback filter 6, Reality Filter 6, Emotion 6, ECCM 6:>>

Jens pauses as he steps out of Forbidden Pleasures, wincing in the sunlight, his clothing already morphed back to dull respectable. OK not a bad day so far. I found a replacement for Charlie, survived a meeting with Bianca, received 24K down payment, and there is the prospect of 24K more.

“OK Perseus we have a job. Its not one I want to do, but it’s hard to say no to Bianca”

Time for some backup. Jens puts out a call for a Valkyrie that he has worked with before. Freda's pretty reliable, I just hope she doesn't get carried away again she was occasionally a little too enthusiastic when it came to wet-work.. "Freda I need you now. By the pacts that bind my family to yours to I summon thee". Freda was a 6’6” tall scantily clad valkyrie complete with chainmail bikini, winged helmet and golden spear. "Thanks Freda. I need you to protect me from magic, and as we travel let me know what you see astrally". Freda nods, and vanishes.

<<Guess we had better see what we can find out about the pick up and drop off point Perseus, and I’m curious about this place Griggs>>

Paying the taxi man who had dropped him off 500 yards from the pick-up point, Jens looks around. Finding a dark shadow to hide from the sun he runs his finger down the side of his shades activating telescopic mode. Muttering a prayer to Heimdall to aid his senses, Jens has a good look round.

<<What do you think Perseus, to scout or not to scout?>>
<<It’s a games theory problem: Are they going to betray you or not, are they are going to catch you or not. If you think Bianca’s on the level, you are probably better off not scouting. I think Bianca’s bad for you, but I don’t think she’s setting you up>>
<<I think you are right. On both counts. The front door it is>>

Calling on Sunne to protect him from her horse’s manes, Jens does a last minute check that everything is in place, and janders towards the pickup point.
Thanee
15:41:24 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
PAN = hidden [R5 S4 S5 F6 | Agent 4 Analyze 6 Browse 6 Command 6 Edit 6 Armor 6 Attack 6 Biofeedback Filters 6 Spoof 6 Stealth 6 | Processor Load 5 ]
Scarlet

Something changed in their security parameters!? What exactly does that mean!? Everything's silent here.

<< 15:41:24 @Santana [Scarlet] Ok. That should be doable. If you have any further information about what's going on here, don't hesitate to send it my way. There is nothing on display yet. >>

Frantically looking around, Scarlet's virtual self is looking for what she might have missed. But there is nothing. No alarm bells ringing. Slowly, the hacker calms down a bit and comes to the conclusion that it must be in one of the other security sectors, which she cannot access from here. She mentally goes through the various stages of the run and who was where to figure out what areas might be affected, quickly coming to the conclusion that it has no use at this point. They need to move on, and fast!

<< 15:41:26 [Scarlet] Guys. There seems to be some unexpected problem. There was a change in security parameters. Not sure what it means exactly, but we need to make it quick. Head out as fast as we can. Also, the parameters have changed. Delivery must be no later than midnight. >>

Loading PAN.Scarlet.Agent ... complete
Updating PAN.Scarlet.Agent.AccessRights for PAN.Scarlet.Analyze ... successful
Updating PAN.Scarlet.Agent.AccessRights for PAN.Scarlet.Armor ... successful
Updating PAN.Scarlet.Agent.AccessRights for PAN.Scarlet.Attack ... successful
Updating PAN.Scarlet.Agent.AccessRights for PAN.Scarlet.Stealth ... successful

After loading her Agent program to her PAN and designating some of her loaded analytical and combat programs for its use, Scarlet orders it to accompany her, looking for potential trespassers in the virtual world, those that do not belong here from her point of view.
gobogen
14:51:10 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Driving towards Redmond
Mathias

Damn this is good money.. damn this is good money.. Ok, focus shorty. It couldn't hurt to hire Greg for the night, and you definitely need Versus' magical touch. Only after that, you can finally nap. Don't let your guard down, this is gonna be a long day.

While driving, Matt sends a short note to Gregory. I could use a lift. Are you available?

Turning off his troll trash, he dials for his old buddy, as he drives towards Redmond in his beaten-up Honda.

"Oy Versus, how's everything for ya? I'm heading back and I was hoping I could stop by and say hi. I'm just getting off from a hard day's work and I want to celebrate with you. I might need a little boost from you as well, if you get my drift. I'll bring liquor."
15:38:00 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Seattle Art Museum
Nick and Lock

<<15:38:15 Team we have a black van pulling into the loading bay and armed types are getting out of the van, they have gotten past the maglock and have entered the museum. Get ready for action and move things faster. - Kestrel>>

"Oh frag really? Right let's hurry it up, almost done here chummer." Nick and Lock shared a momentary look of panic before returning to work with reckless abandon.

"Easy, easy, I swear omae, you drop that corner and the Johnson will gut you like a fish... not tough on him, at least the water is only a few blocks away natch?" Nickolai breathed in deep as he and Lock finished easing the dupe into place on the hidden security blocks, which only blind luck on Lock's part had revealed before being tripped. It was only a few minutes since he and Lock had started their portion of the job and yet it had seemed to stretch for an agonizingly long time, especially after receiving the heads up from Kestrel, but some things could not be rushed. The movement of the original into the mobile utility bench had been by far the least of his worries, even when he almost had almost dented the painting against one of the ledges, quick action and a bruise later the threat had been alleviated and the painting secured. No, it was rather the huge amount of pressure pads they had revealed underneath the painting which had necessitated quick work from lock in removing the painting from the original frame, rather than just taking the entirety of the painting as had been planned.

"Yeah, yeah, I know chummer," even Lock relaxed visibly as the last catches that held the painting safe were re-engaged and the painting sank back into the protective wall coping that was it's home during non-business hours, "we got lucky. I'll admit it fair enough. All that planning and it came down to luck, thankfully she was with us tonight and not Mr.Murphy."

As the two relaxed for a few seconds, ensuring that the mobile utility bench was secured and that any signs of tampering had been removed, Scarlet flashed a text across their AR panels:

<< 15:41:26 Guys. There seems to be some unexpected problem. There was a change in security parameters. Not sure what it means exactly, but we need to make it quick. Head out as fast as we can. Also, the parameters have changed. Delivery must be no later than midnight. - Scarlet>>

Nick turned to Lock and gave him a glare, "You just HAD to say that did you chummer?"
WearzManySkins
15:37:46 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Seattle Art Museum
Kestrel

Kestrel
looking thru the eyes of his bats and hawk, sees a large black covered wagon being pulled by 2 black stallions, heading into the meadow. Black wagon pulls into the meadow, stops and Winchester rifle and Colt Peacemaker armed cowboys start getting out and moving into the meadow.

<<15:38:15 Team we have a black van pulling into the loading bay and armed types are getting out of the van, they have gotten past the maglock and have entered the museum. Get ready for action and move things faster.>>

Hmm can not jump into drones and move out of here, time to move out the palefaces are past knocking on the door.

<<15:38:21 transfers layout of museum into orientation system>>
<<Passive: Reality Filter 5, ECCM 5, Command 5, Encrypt 5, Agent 3, Scan 5>>
SpiritSlayer
15:34:49 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Seattle Art Museum
Psyche

I like the feel of this place. Heck, if we weren't stealing from it I would probably come back. As Psyche once again gazed into the astral planes, he was reminded again of why he loved it there. Nothing in the physical world could compare to glory of the astral space.
Almost forgot. Repeating the magic the spirits had taught him, Psyche felt the world slow around him. All right, now that I won't be totally destroyed if anything comes my way, lets see what's happening in here. As Psyche glanced around the room, he noted two things: a detect magic spell, and what appeared to be some sort of astral barrier. Pretty standard fare, all in all.
One last thing before I'm done. Once Psych was finished with the astral realm, he decided to cast one last spell. It gave him a slight headache, but now he would be able to detect any magic coming their way. It was time to sit and wait.
Thanee
15:38:20 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
PAN = hidden [R5 S4 S5 F6 | Agent 4 Analyze 6 Browse 6 Command 6 Edit 6 Armor 6 Attack 6 Biofeedback Filters 6 Spoof 6 Stealth 6 | Processor Load 5 ]
Scarlet

<< 15:38:20 @Kestrel [Scarlet] How did they get through the maglock? Open it or crack it open? Do they look like museum security, or are they breaking in? >>
WearzManySkins
15:38:25 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Kestrel

Damn Place Face always wanting to know more details than are needed for the situation at hand, BIA? FBI? does not matter they are not here to smoke a peace pipe.

<< 15:38:27 @Team [Kestrel]They opened the maglock after a brief time, then entered, Here is the video [Attached File]. Time to get this rodeo on the road, note response vehicles are not stealthed like that black van is. >>

Hmm time to look at their location, our location and where we need to go to get out.

Throwing down a rope, flute becomes a snake charmers pipe, begins playing and the rope begins to rise straight up. Holding onto the rising end of the rope until he is overlooking the meadow. Looking down over the meadow, watching the Cowboys with Black Hats, looking at the Squaw's and Team's location, looking to see if their is a path
Seth
Jens
16:05:12 Saturday, October 1, 2072 Outside Grigg's warehouse
<<:Active: 15:45:22: Analyse 6, Armour 6, Biofeedback filter 6, Reality Filter 6, Emotion 6, ECCM 6:>>

<<Well Perseus, nothing untoward yet. I know lets go see if Raz Al has heard of this place. While we're at it, I guess we had better see if there any problems in the normal route from pickup to drop off. I remember that time when we were guarding a meeting, and the Wuxing drone demo team decided to show off their latest and greatest with a flyover...>>

The only think Jens can find after a while searching gazetteers and local news is that its really quiet at the moment. Clearly Lone Star are making sure there are no problems near the election.

19:15:12 Saturday, October 1, 2072 Raz Al Ghouls lair
<<:Hidden: 15:45:22: Analyse 6, Armour 6, Biofeedback filter 6, Reality Filter 6, Emotion 6, ECCM 6:>>
"Checkmate..." Jens knocks his king over, Raz had won ... again. "Nice game, nice chat" Jens stands to leave. Dinner with Raz Al is always interesting, and Jens had almost lost track of time. "Sounds like this Griggs place is interesting. One of those places you can buy anything from. Well I'll let you know what its like." Nodding his head Jens leaves the Ghoul tunnels heading for the surface. Time to head to the pickup point. Bianca's paying enough, and I don't mind hanging around.

22:55:42 Saturday, October 1, 2072 Outside Grigg's warehouse
One taxi ride, a short walk, and Jens is back outside Griggs again
Thanee
15:38:40 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Scarlet

Since there is nothing much to do right now, Scarlet hooks up to the drone's camera feed, asking Kestrel to open it to the team's net, if he hasn't done so already, so she can see the intruders directly.

She watches them carefully, making note of how many there are, what metatypes and genders, what they are wearing, if there are any visible weapons or other notable equipment, who carries what, any visible augmentations, and whether their moves suggest souped up reflexes and such. She also follows their movement, where are they headed, are they moving purposefully towards a destination or searching around.

Scarlet then heads back to the camera nodes, removing the loops on the ones that are pointing towards the sector the new arrivals are located, unless they are also on the route they needed to take to get out of the building, so they could see once they would arrive and require more attention.

<< 15:38:40 @Team [Scarlet] Are we ready to go? We shouldn't linger too long here now. Nick/Lock, everything ok? How long will it take? >>
gobogen
14:53:41 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Driving towards Redmond
Mathias

Versus sounded preoccupied on the line. "I'm in the mood for drinking, so drop by whenever you want. Bring something that'll cheer me up."

"Count on me, buddy. I'll be there soon."

A few minutes later, the reply from Gregory arrived. "Coming from ya, I dunno what ta expect. What is it gonna' be this time? You pay well, but I don't drive in Z zones, ya know. I remember the time when.."

Cutting short into Gregory's usually long stories, "It's nothing like that. I'll be on a business trip through the suburbs. I'd like you to bring me there, follow along, and pick me up at the end. I have 200 nuyens here that would make it worth your trouble."

"Make that a thousand and we have a deal, omae. It could take me all night and so I have to say no ta a lot of customers, and you know how they are sometimes, they might think I'm ignoring them. Just yesterday, this guy came up ta me and asked me why I didn't answer my comm within like 2 seconds, so I told him..."

"All right all right, Greg. How about I give you 800 plus extras for any risk you might have to take?"

"Woah! Sure thing! Call me anytime, Matt, I'm standing by."

15:34:53 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Versus' flat
Mathias

Matt immediately saw that his friend wasn't in a great mood when he greeted him. Another area of Redmond had been contaminated by radioactive and biohazardous materials, without anyone knowing about it for months, Versus told him. And it so happens that it's an area where V had told many to go live because he thought it was relatively safe.

"You know, it's just not fair. No matter how much I work to help these people, there's always something ten times worse to come and bite them. How can they stop doubting that the world is against them?"

"I know, it sucks, V. Well, at least I managed to find these two beauties. Maybe that can take away some of your sadness." Mathias showed the two bottles of aged Rye Whisky he had gotten from a dealer in natural goods. Without hesitation, Versus grabbed one, opened it and took a greedy sip from it.

"Aahh, that's the good stuff. One day you'll have to tell me where you find these, not that I'd have the kind of money to pay for them. Now, let me look at your leg, maybe I can do something to help.."

17:41:09 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Matt's place
Mathias

The strength had come back to Matt's leg, thanks to his pal Versus. Too bad he couldn't stop depressing about those poor kids who drink the shining green water that comes out of the tap. I'll have to keep an eye on him, this kind of stuff gets to him.

After a long shower, a shave and a short jogging session outside, Mathias fell asleep easily.

21:44:31 Saturday Oct 1, 2072, Grigg's outside gate
Mathias

Gregory had dropped him off two blocks away from the rendez-vous point, and Matt had told him to stick around nearby and wait for his instructions. Trying to assess his surroundings on the way there, Matt walked towards the three-story building, wondering why the meet was in such an upscale place. Well we are in Bellevue after all, I should have expected this -- and maybe dress up a bit too. He grinned while ringing at the outside gate.
Gortrek Bloodsplatterer
15:39:22 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Nick

"Gonna need a drink after that near disaster," Nick tried to keep his grumbling to a mild roar and muttered to himself.

<<15:41:44 @Scarlet [Nick] We're packing up here, shouldn't need more than another minute to have this thing ready to move, Lock is switching everything according to plan. What do you mean change in parameters? >>
Nick continued struggling with the obstinate painting. Everything seems so much more challenging when racing a clock. The most difficult thing to admit was the fact that in his anxiety and rushing to get the job done he had almost tripped an alarm that he had known about all along.
Keep it together, you're an artist, and though true art can't be rushed...this piece can't stay with those who don't appreciate it.
Nick more cautiously secured the painting into the prepared bag and took a glance over at Lock to see how all of his efforts were coming along. He made a mental note to buy Lock a drink for the nice save, after this was all over.
Thanee
15:41:44 Saturday Oct 1, 2072 Seattle Art Museum
Scarlet

<< 15:41:45 @Nick [Scarlet] I'm afraid, I do not know. I got a message from my fixer, with that warning and the updated schedule. Also, as Kestrel pointed out, some other folks are also fooling around here, maybe they have triggered something? >>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012