Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marble Hornets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
ravensmuse
Am I the only one seriously into Marble Hornets? And the whole Slenderman thing?

I know why I'm into it, of course: it's the mystery behind it. I love a good mystery, and no matter what, I'm the sort of person that needs to have an answer to things. And if I don't have those answers? I will obsessively watch a thing, regardless of it's worth.

(this is why I stayed far, far away from Lost; I could already seem the similarities between it and the worst parts of the X-Files, and wisely backed off)

They've recently started updating with their second season, so I've recently been catching up.

Anyone else addicted like me?
Stahlseele
doesn't look like it O.o
never even heard of it before, untill i had read your post . .
KarmaInferno
Do a search for "creepypasta" if you want more of that kinda thing.

And don't mind the slight movement at the edge of your field of vision that you can never quite catch directly. I'm sure it's nothing.

-k
crash2029
Dammit. Now I have to know what the hell is going on. This reminds me of when I rented Silent Hill. I didn't get very far into the game but the one thing that was bugging the hell out of me was what the hell happened to the town. I guess I too have an insatiable appetite for a mystery. Damn curiosity.
ravensmuse
Haha, there is nothing behind Silent Hill. There's theories, of course, but like the best kind of mystery stories, not everything is ever explained. It's kind of the charm, really...and if you didn't get to the haunted school in the first Silent Hill? You're missing out. It's one of the two games (the other being Fatal Frame) that seriously made me put down the controller and walk away. It's that weird.

(Some of the Silent Hill theories are insanely interesting. Go to Gamefaqs and read the theory someone posted on the FAQ section. A lot of it makes creepy, creepy sense, and I think that the developers have built off of some of the author's thoughts. That's IMO, of course.)

And yeah, that's exactly why I'm into this whole Marble Hornets thing. It's just too weird, there's too much going on, and it just keeps getting deeper and deeper. Oh, and the videos? There's all sorts of stuff hidden in them too - things that require you to look at the sound files, or freeze certain frames, or watch different versions of the video...it's really, really deep. Go hunt around Unfiction.org if you're curious; they're the ones really digging into the whole thing.

Plus, Slendy (the "Operator") is spooky as hell. That second video? *shudder*
ravensmuse
So, video #34 posted. If you're curious about Marble Hornets and the whole Slenderman mythos, this is not the episode to do so. For that, I'd recommend #33, which is spooky as hell.

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012